FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Speed cameras! Passed one burnt out earlier this evening.

Speed cameras! Passed one burnt out earlier this evening.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ig bad OP   Man  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Could you?, Would you? Strike the match??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Could you?, Would you? Strike the match?? "

No, as I am normally a law abiding good citizen!

"Could you?, Would you? Strike the match??

No, as I am normally a law abiding good citizen! "

I know its not really the right thing to do but........

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

No i wouldnt, speed camera's are there for a reason. If someone wants to drive at ridiculous speed and kill themselves thats up to them but what about all the innocent drivers on the road

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"No, as I am normally a law abiding good citizen! "

I'm sorry to hear that always find naughty girls are much more fun! lol xx

"No, as I am normally a law abiding good citizen!

I'm sorry to hear that always find naughty girls are much more fun! lol xx"

Have you seen the way I drive?

By *artin216Man  over a year ago

Spilsby

No...i love them.....it pisses off all the fuckers with fast cars...i like the fact that they can spend 30 grand on a car that is only allowed to go the same speed as a tractor everytime they come to a speed camera.......

birmingham

"what about all the innocent drivers on the road"

Some "innocent" drivers are a bloody nightmare!!!

Abso-fucking-lutely! I'd destroy every bloody camera in the country if I could. In the old days you'd get stopped by the police and then - if he was in a good mood - you might get a warning. Not now though, computer says you were speeding - cough up and give us ya licence.

There are clear guidelines on the siting of speed cameras and virtually every police force in the country has completely ignored thsoe rules - or massaged the data that determines which areas are accident hotspots - and are siting cameras wherever they think a few extra £££ can be forced out of a gullible public.

Just another stealth tax imho.

birmingham

"Have you seen the way I drive? "

We've not had that pleasure yet!

birmingham

"Abso-fucking-lutely!"

Woo hoo, I was just thinking how long it would be before you made an appearance in this thread

"Abso-fucking-lutely! I'd destroy every bloody camera in the country if I could. In the old days you'd get stopped by the police and then - if he was in a good mood - you might get a warning. Not now though, computer says you were speeding - cough up and give us ya licence.

There are clear guidelines on the siting of speed cameras and virtually every police force in the country has completely ignored thsoe rules - or massaged the data that determines which areas are accident hotspots - and are siting cameras wherever they think a few extra £££ can be forced out of a gullible public.

Just another stealth tax imho. "

I do know the firemen dont rush to respond to camera fires. Its bad but its almost acceptable by the public.

You wouldnt need them if........

cars/vehicles could only reach a certain speed.

Why manufacture a car etc that can reach 11o miles an hour when you are not legally allowed to drive at those speeds. ?

Its always puzzled me.

"Have you seen the way I drive?

We've not had that pleasure yet! "

I wrecked a new gearbox in less than 10 miles. Good job too, as it did have a fault in it, as confirmed by someone else who took a bit longer to heat it up!

Spilsby

"Abso-fucking-lutely! I'd destroy every bloody camera in the country if I could. In the old days you'd get stopped by the police and then - if he was in a good mood - you might get a warning. Not now though, computer says you were speeding - cough up and give us ya licence.

I do know the firemen dont rush to respond to camera fires. Its bad but its almost acceptable by the public. "

every one that gets burned just costs more on your council tax...when will people get the message...lol...

Spilsby

I do know the firemen dont rush to respond to camera fires. Its bad but its almost acceptable by the public.

every one that gets burned just costs more on your council tax...when will people get the message...lol... "

The message of course is "Obey or Pay"...really quite simple...

"No, as I am normally a law abiding good citizen!

I'm sorry to hear that always find naughty girls are much more fun! lol xx"

Besides, I said "normally" I am a good girl, however, I did not say I am always a good girl

birmingham

"I wrecked a new gearbox in less than 10 miles. Good job too, as it did have a fault in it, as confirmed by someone else who took a bit longer to heat it up! "

I'm saying nothing about fast cars, but I do keep to speed limits in populated areas

birmingham

"Besides, I said "normally" I am a good girl, however, I did not say I am always a good girl "

Oh that leaves an option for further investigation

"

I'm saying nothing about fast cars, but I do keep to speed limits in populated areas "

I'll stick to the speed within a red circle when I see them

I hate the feckin things with a passion, stealth tax with out a doubt

BUT

I also believe that if you obey the posted limit you are fireproof.

If you get caught and put your hand up good for you, those that whinge about them need to seriously re consider their driving responsibilities

"Could you?, Would you? Strike the match?? "

without a doubt!!!!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

We have a camera sited in an area where the worst that has happened are a couple of fender benders! It is sited totally outside the Government guidelines and a traffic cop I know has told me it is a revenue raiser.It is sited on a hill where it is difficult to stay under 30mph without constant braking...

Across the other side of town we have a road where 13 people have died in the last 20 years.... No camera! Why? Because it is on a stretch where it would be easily spotted!

Slightly off topic, but there is a camera on the way into Chessington. This thread made me think of it as it is quite regularly burned out.

It is only on one side of the road, guessing because on the way out of Chessington there is nothing about, no houses, pavements, shops, nothing. Some friends and I discovered that you can trigger the camera coming the wrong way if you go fast enough.

The trick is if there is noone in front of you and you see an unsuspecting driver coming through the right way, to try and time it so that it triggers when they go through the markings

"Slightly off topic, but there is a camera on the way into Chessington. This thread made me think of it as it is quite regularly burned out.

It is only on one side of the road, guessing because on the way out of Chessington there is nothing about, no houses, pavements, shops, nothing. Some friends and I discovered that you can trigger the camera coming the wrong way if you go fast enough.

The trick is if there is noone in front of you and you see an unsuspecting driver coming through the right way, to try and time it so that it triggers when they go through the markings "

Oooo you evil buggers lol

Spilsby

"Slightly off topic, but there is a camera on the way into Chessington. This thread made me think of it as it is quite regularly burned out.

The trick is if there is noone in front of you and you see an unsuspecting driver coming through the right way, to try and time it so that it triggers when they go through the markings "

How the winter nights must fly by in chessington....

I have heard of people mooning at a camera while there mate triggers it off with his number plates hidden. Bit cold for that right now though

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I knoe a man on here that sells speed cameras to councils all over the , but I ent tellin

birmingham

"but I ent tellin "

What if we were to torture you!

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"but I ent tellin

What if we were to torture you! "

Um ooermissus

You can try but I'll have my cyanide pill in the heel of my shoe

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 20/12/09 02:59:17]

birmingham

"You can try but I'll have my cyanide pill in the heel of my shoe"

It's not worth the risk then

"Abso-fucking-lutely!

Woo hoo, I was just thinking how long it would be before you made an appearance in this thread "

Hey, just call me the Swinging Radical hehehe .... I have a real problem with autocrats who sit in some ivory tower somewhere making up rules that serve no other purpose than to piss people off.

How long will it be before someone issues a directive that we shouldn't use the phrase 'Happy' or 'Merry' Christmas as it offends the depressed and sad people in society.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Was sharing the driving of someone elses car a while back, and he had a super-duper sat-nav on it.

Going down a strech of motorway, suddenly it started to tell me to "be warned, speed camera".... but there wasnt one there.

It happened again, a couple of miles down the road, so I looked again, no camera..... and no slip road, dip, or any other reason why there would be one, apart from skid marks on the road.

Then I noticed a bridge over the motorway, and he said "yup, sometimes there are mobile speed cameras on the bridges".

Turns out, people saw the cameras, braked and got run into by the car behind. The number of accidents caused then justified them putting the camera vans there even more!!!!

Burn them all I say!

brecon

"You wouldnt need them if........

Why manufacture a car etc that can reach 11o miles an hour when you are not legally allowed to drive at those speeds. ?

Its always puzzled me. "

Its all to do with the "cruising" speed of a vehicle. If you want a car that cruises at 70, where the engine is under no strain, and running at reasonable revs so it is fairly economical, then the engine has to be capable of higher speeds / revs

in a heartbeat yes. speed limits are so outdated that all these cameras serve to do is to milk cash out of the general public

Just another stealth tax imho. "

Utter tosh! No money is FORCED out of the public. They CHOOSE to speed. The law is clear..speed and be done. AND .... before you attempt to assume i agree with cameras and the fines.... you are reading the post of a 9 pointer and someone forced to attend a speed course day in order to keep my licence. My crimes amount to this ....... 1. Ton on m74 - fair cop. 2. 66 m.p.h on motorway! ( in 50 mph zone- bastards. I must have slowed down too late - fair cop I suppose ) 3. 36 m.p.h on dual carriageway near my home at 6.30 a.m on way to work. BASSSSSSSTAAAAAAAAARDS! but .... it's a 30 m.p.h.zone so ..fair cop. I HAVE to obey the law now or lose my car. So , unintentionally ... I wind everyone up on the way to the motorway by obeying speed laws. They get really irrate and beep, flash , parp and overtake dangerously. I usually cringe or if im awake ... I finger them out the window. Then .. when I reach the motorway ...... I ton it for the ten minute stretch to work .... So ... cameras changed my route as well as my driving habits.... Returning to your point .... People know the law ...so ??? Last note....... I don't believe speed kills .. I believe impacting with something does though.

Spilsby

Its always puzzled me.

Its all to do with the "cruising" speed of a vehicle. If you want a car that cruises at 70, where the engine is under no strain, and running at reasonable revs so it is fairly economical, then the engine has to be capable of higher speeds / revs"

Speed limiters are used on HGV's what if they were introduced into cars..?..would anybody complain?..

"Speed limiters are used on HGV's what if they were introduced into cars..?..would anybody complain?.. "

i would yes. track days and road trips to the iow would be ver boring indeed stuck at 70

brecon

Its always puzzled me.

Its all to do with the "cruising" speed of a vehicle. If you want a car that cruises at 70, where the engine is under no strain, and running at reasonable revs so it is fairly economical, then the engine has to be capable of higher speeds / revs

Speed limiters are used on HGV's what if they were introduced into cars..?..would anybody complain?.. "

Used a hire car once that had "cruise control". Set it to 70 so I could pottle along the motorway without having to worry about speeding.

Big mistake!!!

Firstly, almost evrything wanted to pass me, so I was sat in the left hand lane like a mobile roadblock.

Then I found that I wasnt concentrating as much as I should have been, so my answer is a big fat NO to speed limiters.

Just out of interest how many speed camera's are outside schools where I am sure nobody would disagree???

Now how many speed cameras are there on the motorway network at 3am in the morning.

The problem with them is you will find that the motorway network has more cameras.

"Just out of interest how many speed camera's are outside schools where I am sure nobody would disagree???

Now how many speed cameras are there on the motorway network at 3am in the morning.

The problem with them is you will find that the motorway network has more cameras."

Give them time and they will do. More cameras go up every week.

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"No...i love them.....it pisses off all the fuckers with fast cars...i like the fact that they can spend 30 grand on a car that is only allowed to go the same speed as a tractor everytime they come to a speed camera....... "

thats funny but so very true

a word of warning to you all though , there is a new system out now where they are going to use speed cameras to catch speeders by calculating there average speed

yes they have been doing this for years now on roadworks etc but it is now going to apply to motorways etc etc

i myself when going from london to leeds tend to trundle along at about 75

but in future you will need to keep it to 70 , on the button

"No...i love them.....it pisses off all the fuckers with fast cars...i like the fact that they can spend 30 grand on a car that is only allowed to go the same speed as a tractor everytime they come to a speed camera.......

a word of warning to you all though , there is a new system out now where they are going to use speed cameras to catch speeders by calculating there average speed

yes they have been doing this for years now on roadworks etc but it is now going to apply to motorways etc etc

"

aye we got them they take the average speed and apparently generate a lot of revenue but break the law you get the fine!!

i got 3 points and 120 fine for 41 in a 30 zone at 3am lost in a strange part of glasgow it was a lesson learned!!! some are more needed in housing areas and accident blackspots xx

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

There will be fewer camera's on the roads soon, some councils are even removing them altogether, why?

Well its simple really..... when first introduced they came with a quango, commonly called a speed'safety camera partnership to run them. All cash raised was ploughed back into local road safety. However central government now keeps all revenue raised instead of passing it back. But at the same time expects the councils to pick up the running costs for the quango's and all equipment.

So many councils are now going back to the old fashioned way of doing things, ie leave it to the police and disbanding the hangers on from the so called safety partnerships.

Spilsby

"No...i love them.....it pisses off all the fuckers with fast cars...i like the fact that they can spend 30 grand on a car that is only allowed to go the same speed as a tractor everytime they come to a speed camera.......

"

Love them...love them...love them....hee hee...i want one...

is one in a wee mischief mood martin.... xxx

Spilsby

"is one in a wee mischief mood martin.... xxx"

actually...i do love them...best thing they ever brought out...pisses off all the jeremy clarksons and assholes who cant discipline themselves to drive responsibly....im looking forward to hear the whinging fuckers when more of the average speed ones come online.

If you cant Obey then you pay...its simple

"is one in a wee mischief mood martin.... xxx

actually...i do love them...best thing they ever brought out...pisses off all the jeremy clarksons and assholes who cant discipline themselves to drive responsibly....im looking forward to hear the whinging fuckers when more of the average speed ones come online.

If you cant Obey then you pay...its simple"

Yes officer

so burn all the cams let off all the mad speed freaks n bury all the inoccent so wrong

As a sales rep who covers 50k miles a year i have to be alert when it comes to speed cameras. I can't afford to be driving erratically as driving provides my bread and butter.

Cameras are there for a reason and thats to protect the public and encourage safe driving.

And for the record i got caught 18 months ago due to lack of concentration and it was a lesson learnt.

By *iss_BehavingWoman  over a year ago

manchester

Incidentally, the green speed cameras that are popping up everywhere, aren't recognized by the courts. There there just as a deterrent. ( google it ! )..Also, yellow 'average speed cameras', swap lanes and they cant detect your speed. The cameras are only set to monitor 1 lane if you see what i mean ( again, google it ! ).

"Incidentally, the green speed cameras that are popping up everywhere, aren't recognized by the courts. There there just as a deterrent. ( google it ! )..Also, yellow 'average speed cameras', swap lanes and they cant detect your speed. The cameras are only set to monitor 1 lane if you see what i mean ( again, google it ! )."

Only if there's one camera on the yellow ones it will detect one lane. Some have two cameras to detect both lanes on the carriageway.

Spilsby

"Incidentally, the green speed cameras that are popping up everywhere, aren't recognized by the courts. There there just as a deterrent. ( google it ! )..Also, yellow 'average speed cameras', swap lanes and they cant detect your speed. The cameras are only set to monitor 1 lane if you see what i mean ( again, google it ! )."

Its only a matter of time before we are obliged to have in vehicle monitoring systems, that automatically notify DVLA when you overspeed, every speed limited area in the UK is mapped...and the vehicle is tracked to the inch...with the driver recorded by your driving licence.....(Google it)...

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

ooooooo burn baby burn i would burn the lot of them.

Whilst talking about this i would like to say in court you cant actually be charged with speeding if the camera takes a shot of the rear of your car if you dont admit who was driving and i know that from a member of my family who works for the CPS and thats why they are changing them all to foward facing so they get a mug shot of you.

Love the foward facing ones tho cos they dont work on bikes so i can go as fast as i like through them.

Steve

"ooooooo burn baby burn i would burn the lot of them.

Whilst talking about this i would like to say in court you cant actually be charged with speeding if the camera takes a shot of the rear of your car if you dont admit who was driving and i know that from a member of my family who works for the CPS and thats why they are changing them all to foward facing so they get a mug shot of you.

Steve "

Correct................BUT

Then they do you for failing to provide information or some equally daft offence.

However if your car happens to be registered to a LTD company and is a pool car.............

By *iss_BehavingWoman  over a year ago

manchester

"Only if there's one camera on the yellow ones it will detect one lane. Some have two cameras to detect both lanes on the carriageway. .

when you have gone through the 1st camera, simply change lanes to go through the 2nd.

Goverment etc have already admitted there is nothing that can do about people doing this at the moment.

Spilsby

Drive to the speed limit posted...then you dont even have to watch out for them....takes less effort than doing all these things to avoid getting caught...

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"ooooooo burn baby burn i would burn the lot of them.

Steve

Correct................BUT

Then they do you for failing to provide information or some equally daft offence.

However if your car happens to be registered to a LTD company and is a pool car............. "

The police would like you to think that you do have to provide the information and will even suggest you will get taken to court on some other offence but if you stick to "we aint sure who it was" then nothing they can do.

Steve

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

no I wouldnt but then aging I think they shouldbe hidden as they cause more axsidents been on veiw with everyone slowing down and speedingup again. if theywere hidden you would all have to just drive slow wouldnt you......

I'm am not a driver buthubby is and he saysthe same. if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to hide!

Torch 'em,all these bloody vandals round here and do they set about cameras,do they buggery,too bloody dim!

Personaly I reckon ther should have the speed limit painted on the road in big white numerals that was once so popular before the tax cameras.

That way the more law abiding among us just get a reminder to look at our clocks,no profit in that though!

Lets face it,half the time we don't know what bloody speed we should be traveling at anyway.

O.K 30 in a built up area but now in some its 20-,on some A roads 40,50,on dual carriage ways it was 60 now its 70 but they're on about dropping it again!!

Had a clean license for over 20 years now and I've got paranoid about getting a ticket!

XXXX

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"No...i love them.....it pisses off all the fuckers with fast cars...i like the fact that they can spend 30 grand on a car that is only allowed to go the same speed as a tractor everytime they come to a speed camera....... "

wish the tractors would do 70 mph in norfolk

By *ofakindCouple  over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"Torch 'em,all these bloody vandals round here and do they set about cameras,do they buggery,too bloody dim!

Personaly I reckon ther should have the speed limit painted on the road in big white numerals that was once so popular before the tax cameras.

That way the more law abiding among us just get a reminder to look at our clocks,no profit in that though!

Lets face it,half the time we don't know what bloody speed we should be traveling at anyway.

O.K 30 in a built up area but now in some its 20-,on some A roads 40,50,on dual carriage ways it was 60 now its 70 but they're on about dropping it again!!

Had a clean license for over 20 years now and I've got paranoid about getting a ticket!

XXXX"

theres some dual carriage ways where the speed limit is only 30!!! the 1 near morrisons at laceby is only 30

Temporary Speed Limits!!!!!

By *ofakindCouple  over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"Temporary Speed Limits!!!!! "

no they mae it permenant

"Torch 'em,all these bloody vandals round here and do they set about cameras,do they buggery,too bloody dim!

XXXX

theres some dual carriage ways where the speed limit is only 30!!! the 1 near morrisons at laceby is only 30"

Yeah but thats because your approaching a roundabout,same as on the A180 as you come up to the roundabouts at the industrial estates.

XXXX

"Temporary Speed Limits!!!!!

no they mae it permenant"

Bugger!!!

Spilsby

Whats the rush anyway.....its only a lack of personal time management that makes people speed anyway...

Slow down folks

"What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare". ...

By *s_4_uCouple  over a year ago

nottinghamshire

Its always puzzled me. "

absolutely unbelivably silly statement would be funny to see the motorway moving at 30 mph lol some people lol any way might be repeating previous statments but y are cameras always on hills or hiding or on long straight roads were no one walks ? why arent they put near schools community centres built up areas, because ...... they wouldnt make the goverment the money. its all bout how much money they make not the lives they save . Any way people keep up the ridiculous posts lol

By *s_4_uCouple  over a year ago

nottinghamshire

ps I think theres signs of jealousy in here too. 30 grand cars ? Y not

Probably put them elsewhere because there’s that many bloody speed bumps around schools nowadays that its impossible to speed even if you tried grrr, give us cameras over them anyday

On a serious note though, they put them everywhere because its not only school areas that have speed limits, all roads do? Do agree it’s a money making scheme, but that’s only because people feel the need to get somewhere 2 minutes faster, why don't people just start there journey 5 minutes early, they wouldn’t make a penny otherwise.

But lets all be honest here, if they upped speed limits, people would still break them.

Have a look at this......

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

just enter your registration & it checks if youve been nailed anywhere

TC

i got a 60 pound fine 3 points on my licence due to gonig 1 mile over the speed limit, mitigating circumstances count for nothing ,I am a very experienced motorcycle and car / vehicle driver for over 30 years and got screwd due to a bloody camera when I was lost in the dark one night...would I??? yes, everyone of them ! monrey making machines for the gvmnt.

"Have a look at this......

TC"

Ha ha very funny

Once tried to pinch a camera on a stag night lol

By *ave5465Man  over a year ago

sheffield

TC"

I was just scrolling down to the end of the thread to post that link but u beat me to it lol. I had to try it to see if it was the same one i was going to put on & was well impressed to find out that my tractor is capable of 81.2 mph

TC

I was just scrolling down to the end of the thread to post that link but u beat me to it lol. I had to try it to see if it was the same one i was going to put on & was well impressed to find out that my tractor is capable of 81.2 mph "

Surprised you got it out as everything is frozen just above Sheffield. couldn't break the speed limit if i tried today

» Add a new message to this topic