FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you think you get value for money from your taxes

Do you think you get value for money from your taxes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

I think other people get value for money from my tax payments

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm self employed by my own business and my tax liability for this year will be zero, so yup, I think I get value for money for it.

"I'm self employed by my own business and my tax liability for this year will be zero, so yup, I think I get value for money for it. "

"I'm self employed by my own business and my tax liability for this year will be zero, so yup, I think I get value for money for it. "

same here. not zero but not too bad. i don't actually think income tax is too steep for most people

no ... and people moaning about how the government should spend more make me very glad I don't have a gun.

Hello Wishy,

"I'm self employed by my own business and my tax liability for this year will be zero, so yup, I think I get value for money for it."

We have a small brewery and our payments in total (Duty, VAT, income taxes and national insurance) to the government is approaching 50% of turnover, I think that is totally disproportionate, and very poor value.

Alec

"I think other people get value for money from my tax payments "
As a single guy that has paid tax all my working life and has been lucky to travel the world with my work then yes...........this country is value for money.

We do not need a nuclear deterent but other than thah I think our contributions are fair and equitable.

"Hello Wishy,

"I'm self employed by my own business and my tax liability for this year will be zero, so yup, I think I get value for money for it."

We have a small brewery and our payments in total (Duty, VAT, income taxes and national insurance) to the government is approaching 50% of turnover, I think that is totally disproportionate, and very poor value.

Alec"

Every govt clobbers alcohol without exception. It's seen as a cash cow and producers of alcohol products are targeted just as much as consumers of it. The wealthy don't care because they can afford alcohol whatever it costs.

I'm an electrician and the reason my tax liability will be zero this year is down to start-up costs and money I 'loaned' the company to purchase the tools and training I needed to get it going.

Engineer aboard a ship working worldwide here. I get tax exemption, claim my whole years tax back every year. Suits me. Value for money? Hell yes. But then I spend about 210 days a year out of the UK working all over the world.

I don't have kids and don't intend too..... I own my own home...... Worked since I was 15..... Never claimed dss...... Pay 8k per year in income tax and n.I. Not inc council car and vat tax..

Do I get value for money???? Do I f@!k I'm ripped off from every angle.

"I don't have kids and don't intend too..... I own my own home...... Worked since I was 15..... Never claimed dss...... Pay 8k per year in income tax and n.I. Not inc council car and vat tax..

Do I get value for money???? Do I f@!k I'm ripped off from every angle.

"

Not for road tax. Flippin' pot holes.

We've a fantastic NHS though for very little contribution. Shame it's ran by idiots.

"I don't have kids and don't intend too..... I own my own home...... Worked since I was 15..... Never claimed dss...... Pay 8k per year in income tax and n.I. Not inc council car and vat tax..

Do I get value for money???? Do I f@!k I'm ripped off from every angle. You pay a fair contribution!

"

» Add a new message to this topic