FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mortgage guarantee plan row

Mortgage guarantee plan row

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

What do you think of the plan? Is the government using public money to prop up the housing market? Will this lead to more problems as house prices increase and make housing even more unaffordable (particularly in the South East)?

I think I am with Paul Lewis in questioning why the government is getting lenders to lend and builders to build in this.

It's a clever move in terms of appealing to the aspirational electorate but is this just another way creating unaffordable debt for individuals?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I would suggest that they would have been better served undertaking a major nationwide Public Sector housing building programme....

Wouldn't be a vote winner though!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice to see the sub prime market is back....

"I would suggest that they would have been better served undertaking a major nationwide Public Sector housing building programme....

Wouldn't be a vote winner though! "

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I would suggest that they would have been better served undertaking a major nationwide Public Sector housing building programme....

Tories and their chums don't make money out of public sector housing.

There's a Treasury briefing that suggests the scheme will be available to those buying second homes.

Housing bubble and the myth that it's ever possible to repay money that never existed - sooner or later reality will bite.

No, this won't help.

"

"

Think you will find the Tories mates will be making a fortune come April.

600,000 one bedroom flats they own will be needed by those that cant afford the bedroom tax.

Always thought those flats would be a good investment, just needed someone to push people into them.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Think you will find the Tories mates will be making a fortune come April.

600,000 one bedroom flats they own will be needed by those that cant afford the bedroom tax.

Always thought those flats would be a good investment, just needed someone to push people into them."

That's making money out of the LACK of public sector housing.

I pointed this out on the bedroom tax thread some days ago.

Look what happened in the US when the govt incentivised institutions to provide high loan to value mortgages to people who couldn't afford them! Seems to be a populist policy aimed at addressing some major structural issues in the housing market. It's our money they are gambling with, am I happy..... No.

" It's our money they are gambling with, am I happy..... No. "

It isnt your money at all, they already spent yours on refilling the wine cellar last year.

This is money they have had printed, just for this event.

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Look what happened in the US when the govt incentivised institutions to provide high loan to value mortgages to people who couldn't afford them! Seems to be a populist policy aimed at addressing some major structural issues in the housing market. It's our money they are gambling with, am I happy..... No. "

We fund the pot if no-one sells and pays back into the pot. We fund the guarantee if individuals default.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

said the same 2 yrs ago..

had they borrowed say a billion to invest in this, they would have kick started the collapsing house building sector, kept folk in work, repaid the loan and been higher in the polls..

as we all know they stuck to one course of action and it has failed..

always have a plan b and then allow again for the what if's..

» Add a new message to this topic