FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > admin

admin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

question, do admin have access to private messages ??? ive had some run ins lately on the forums, im no angel i admit and always speak my mind, but always listen to others points of _iew with an open mind, had a few people get abusive, so always do the right thing at that point and report to admin {yes ?} then i notice the people {no longer on site} does this mean admin read the messages and believed me ? i know there our moderaters on the forums, could one answer my question ? thanks !!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have heard this speculation from others but I don't know the answer.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think if it says 'user no longer on site' the abuser may have deleted themselves, or if you can't find them then that may be a permanent block applied between you and the abusers profile by admin.

alleged abusers, before I am sued

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ok thanks, just wondered how admin sorted out these private spats ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They will never tell you

Watches for a reply....

I believe... that if someone reports a message then admin/ mods can read it to check what it said and act on it accordingly.

Allegedly. So Ive heard. But don't quote me on that.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

They will also suspend accounts while they look in to things.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Dont rely on admin to deal with this kind of thing...

Best thing is ignore/delete/block

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"question, do admin have access to private messages ??? ive had some run ins lately on the forums, im no angel i admit and always speak my mind, but always listen to others points of _iew with an open mind, had a few people get abusive, so always do the right thing at that point and report to admin {yes ?} then i notice the people {no longer on site} does this mean admin read the messages and believed me ? i know there our moderaters on the forums, could one answer my question ? thanks !!!! "

When report goes in then yes Admin can check out what was said between people and act if needed.

Before anyone gets confused, that doesn't mean they go and read the many thousands of mails people send everyday.

If someone has "user no longer on site" it means they left of their own accord...but...they may well have been given a warning or been disabled so decide to jump ship.

I will paste onto the next post what happens when Admin get reports.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is re_iewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly re_iew your feedback and take the necessary action. After re_iewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

» Add a new message to this topic