FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you believe in ........

Do you believe in ........

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Religious convictions and beliefs aside, do you believe in the clergy ?

I once asked a Vicar "if your wife who you love with all your heart dies before you, will you be re-united in heaven"

He replied that "yes you we are all re-united with those we love when we get to heaven"

Which made me wonder, what if I had murdered her, what if during her life I beat her and abused her, what if I killed her because she was leaving me not wanting to spend another day with me. What if I was a paedophile and all the people I loved hated me ?

How could I be re-united with all the people I loved if they all hated me, don't they get to be with the people they love and not the people they hate ?

So ... do you believe in the clergy and what they tell us about our various beliefs and Gods ?

With so many priests found to have abused children.

With so many clergymen preaching hate, revenge, death (Northern Ireland in past years, certain Muslim clergy in this day and age and all religions over the centuries)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *artin216Man  over a year ago

Spilsby

"Religious convictions and beliefs aside, do you believe in the clergy ?

I once asked a Vicar "if your wife who you love with all your heart dies before you, will you be re-united in heaven"

He replied that "yes you we are all re-united with those we love when we get to heaven"

Which made me wonder, what if I had murdered her, what if during her life I beat her and abused her, what if I killed her because she was leaving me not wanting to spend another day with me. What if I was a paedophile and all the people I loved hated me ?

How could I be re-united with all the people I loved if they all hated me, don't they get to be with the people they love and not the people they hate ?

So ... do you believe in the clergy and what they tell us about our various beliefs and Gods ?

With so many clergymen preaching hate, revenge, death (Northern Ireland in past years, certain Muslim clergy in this day and age and all religions over the centuries)

..................... "

No....

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

ive no faith in what the clergy say they and money are the biggest war cause ever

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

For me the simple answer to what your asking is no i dont believe in the clergy. Although i have my own beliefs.

What if you was married for 20 years to someone and completely devoted and they died and you then married someone else for 20 years and where devoted apart from being unlucky which would you be with when you died

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No.... "

what he said ^^

By *artin216Man  over a year ago

Spilsby

"For me the simple answer to what your asking is no i dont believe in the clergy. Although i have my own beliefs.

What if you was married for 20 years to someone and completely devoted and they died and you then married someone else for 20 years and where devoted apart from being unlucky which would you be with when you died"

thats assuming there is an afterlife, and im not going to be re-incarnated as a helicopter...

..................... "

No they are just ordinary men or women in uniforms reading and interpreting rules from another rule book. No better or worse than most of us, they have just happen to have chosen a different day job.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"No better or worse than most of us"

The majority are worse than most of us

Most of us don't stand by and watch children being sexually abused, most of us wouldn't protect those we've witnessed commit such abysmal crimes, most of us don't “preach” thou shall not commit sin, whilst at the same time, turning a blind eye to such abuse cases.

It's also worth pointing out that during 2007, Catholic Church leaders in one of America's largest archdiocese paid out a record $660m, yes $660m in compensation claims for those who suffered sexual abuse, this was an out of court settlement to prevent the police instigating a criminal investigation, it's nothing short of a disgrace, Oh, and before anyone jumps on me, I'm fully aware it's not just RC that abuse children

It's nothing to do with God, it's all to do with POWER,.

Do I believe in religion, NO.

Oh Good God no..

» Add a new message to this topic