FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jobsworths!

Jobsworths!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Argh why do some people working in customer service or reception positions have to be such hateful jobsworthy bastards! Obviously it can sometimes be put down to a bad day which is fair enough but if you're acting like you hate the world and everyone in it most days then perhaps you need to sort out your attitude a bit!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some people dont have a bad day they really are just arse holes....

"Some people dont have a bad day they really are just arse holes...."

This is what I'm thinking, the woman on the reception at my leisure has a face like a pinched arsehole and an attitude to match!

"Some people dont have a bad day they really are just arse holes....

This is what I'm thinking, the woman on the reception at my leisure has a face like a pinched arsehole and an attitude to match! "

*leisure centre

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

Is the managers name Gordon Brittas by any chance?

"Is the managers name Gordon Brittas by any chance? "

Lol at least he wasn't completely ignorant!

I came across a jobsworth last week i was late for a connection on a train so rang to see if that was delayed at all and the lady on the phone stated it was a booked ticket i will have to buy another...quite attitudy...i got the next one and the conducter just told me not to worry about it she was probably on her period...made me chuckle

"I came across a jobsworth last week i was late for a connection on a train so rang to see if that was delayed at all and the lady on the phone stated it was a booked ticket i will have to buy another...quite attitudy...i got the next one and the conducter just told me not to worry about it she was probably on her period...made me chuckle "

Hahaha! This woman at the gym has wound me up twice, last week when I asked if there were any Zumba classes there, she told me to look at the 2013 class guide, told her there were none on the leaflet rack, she huffed and puffed, rolled her eyes, phoned upstairs, told me to wait til someone brought one down. Waited 10 mins, eventually someone showed up with it. Turned out there was no classes, I don't believe she wouldn't have known this or couldn't have just had a quick look for me?

"I came across a jobsworth last week i was late for a connection on a train so rang to see if that was delayed at all and the lady on the phone stated it was a booked ticket i will have to buy another...quite attitudy...i got the next one and the conducter just told me not to worry about it she was probably on her period...made me chuckle

Hahaha! This woman at the gym has wound me up twice, last week when I asked if there were any Zumba classes there, she told me to look at the 2013 class guide, told her there were none on the leaflet rack, she huffed and puffed, rolled her eyes, phoned upstairs, told me to wait til someone brought one down. Waited 10 mins, eventually someone showed up with it. Turned out there was no classes, I don't believe she wouldn't have known this or couldn't have just had a quick look for me?"

i find doctors receptionists can be so bad!

i had one upset me so much a few months back ive not gone back, even for my repeat prescription

Oh i let someone know if they piss me off and i would go back to the drs and be deliberately difficult but so nice about it lol.

The receptionist must have known there were no classes.

"I came across a jobsworth last week i was late for a connection on a train so rang to see if that was delayed at all and the lady on the phone stated it was a booked ticket i will have to buy another...quite attitudy...i got the next one and the conducter just told me not to worry about it she was probably on her period...made me chuckle

Hahaha! This woman at the gym has wound me up twice, last week when I asked if there were any Zumba classes there, she told me to look at the 2013 class guide, told her there were none on the leaflet rack, she huffed and puffed, rolled her eyes, phoned upstairs, told me to wait til someone brought one down. Waited 10 mins, eventually someone showed up with it. Turned out there was no classes, I don't believe she wouldn't have known this or couldn't have just had a quick look for me?

i had one upset me so much a few months back ive not gone back, even for my repeat prescription "

I used to be a receptionist in a doctors, such a strange place to work! Some patients (mainly the older ones) had their favourite receptionist and would only speak to them on the phone! The biggest problem we had was that it was a part nhs part private practice and the docs would always take a paying patient over an nhs one, often resulting in the docs cowardly asking us to call the patients to tell them their appointments had been pushed back or even cancelled. We got terrible abuse. I didn't stay there too long!

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Argh why do some people working in customer service or reception positions have to be such hateful jobsworthy bastards! Obviously it can sometimes be put down to a bad day which is fair enough but if you're acting like you hate the world and everyone in it most days then perhaps you need to sort out your attitude a bit! "

Its not that theyy are hateful people, its just they have such low esteem that they think the little power they have in an assumed position gives them the mass power or outright control.

They do my head in. They are the type of people that make you think you need a degree to work a photocopier. Or a certificate in filing paper straight.

i had one upset me so much a few months back ive not gone back, even for my repeat prescription

I used to be a receptionist in a doctors, such a strange place to work! Some patients (mainly the older ones) had their favourite receptionist and would only speak to them on the phone! The biggest problem we had was that it was a part nhs part private practice and the docs would always take a paying patient over an nhs one, often resulting in the docs cowardly asking us to call the patients to tell them their appointments had been pushed back or even cancelled. We got terrible abuse. I didn't stay there too long! "

i just find some are so judgemental.. they have to accept what the patients are like and accept diversity.. also accept that mental health is a big factor in their job.

but sounds awful.. can kind of understand why the dr's favoured the private clients cos u get what u pay for.

maybe they could of worked the private/nhs system better tho

"Argh why do some people working in customer service or reception positions have to be such hateful jobsworthy bastards! Obviously it can sometimes be put down to a bad day which is fair enough but if you're acting like you hate the world and everyone in it most days then perhaps you need to sort out your attitude a bit! "

Had this the other day when filling my car up i put £80.01 in and she changed a £1 coin for the sake of 1p!!! other cashiers put the odd 1 or 2p in for me normally.

Someone had obviously pissed in her cornflakes in the morning.

"Argh why do some people working in customer service or reception positions have to be such hateful jobsworthy bastards! Obviously it can sometimes be put down to a bad day which is fair enough but if you're acting like you hate the world and everyone in it most days then perhaps you need to sort out your attitude a bit!

Had this the other day when filling my car up i put £80.01 in and she changed a £1 coin for the sake of 1p!!! other cashiers put the odd 1 or 2p in for me normally.

Someone had obviously pissed in her cornflakes in the morning."

a lesson learnt to carry pennies on you

i woonder how many people a day need change for a 1p.. and if she put 1p in every time how much would she be spending every month? every year?

"Argh why do some people working in customer service or reception positions have to be such hateful jobsworthy bastards! Obviously it can sometimes be put down to a bad day which is fair enough but if you're acting like you hate the world and everyone in it most days then perhaps you need to sort out your attitude a bit!

Someone had obviously pissed in her cornflakes in the morning.

a lesson learnt to carry pennies on you

i woonder how many people a day need change for a 1p.. and if she put 1p in every time how much would she be spending every month? every year?"

Thats very true but when you are selling fuel at £1.50 per litre surely the odd penny would not go a miss?

One final thing, about 3 months ago at the same petrol station i went to put air in the tyres on the van so i put 50p in the machine (used to be 20p)and the machine would not start so i went into the shop only to be told they don't own the air machine and could not help me i was not best pleased at all

» Add a new message to this topic