FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Career advice ??

Career advice ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all,

Hope your all having a great day

Wanted to pick your brains on some career advice ?? So my core skill set lies in sales/customer service something i have done most of my working life for my sins lol !

However i do have a really keen interest in PC/Laptop repairs etc. I have pretty much self taught myself and am more than capable of building a PC from scratch and fitting all the parts etc. I think im pretty good at solving software and network problems too and have successfully fixed many of my friends laptops and PC's.

So what im asking is does anyone have any advice as to how i can get into this industry or do i need to get officially qualified ?? Should i set up my own little business ?? All advice would be highly appreciated as i really want to move into this industry

Thanks all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well why not set up a small business and work with friends and family, whilst at same time taking various exams on networks and operating systems.

The work you are doing will allow you to get more referrals and you will get more qualifications along the way.

"Well why not set up a small business and work with friends and family, whilst at same time taking various exams on networks and operating systems.

The work you are doing will allow you to get more referrals and you will get more qualifications along the way. "

Yeh i have considered that, i guess the initial outlay is what would be difficult as times are tough as it is so would need to keep the outlay down as far as possible ?

Anyone wanna go into business with me lol ??

» Add a new message to this topic