FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab has become unusable

Fab has become unusable

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icklowJoyRide OP   Man 40 weeks ago

Bray

I previously used Fab during my time in college and have since returned, 8 years later, full time a month ago.

Unfortunately, this site has gone to hell, at least in my locality.

All the women I chat with end up wanting to go on social meets before sex, and that's fine. In fact, I personally recommend we meet over drinks before anything happens as it builds chemistry and removes any awkwardness.

But many of these girls expect me to have six or more socials before anything happens. We might as well be dating at that point.

Perhaps that's why the average age of people on this site is now 40-something. Very few 20 year olds on here, in contrast to 8 years ago when I could find plenty.

A reminder that this is a swingers site, not a dating app. If I wanted to take a girl out on multiple "socials" then I'd just sign up to Tinder.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *aitonelMan 40 weeks ago

Liverpool

Feel better now?

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 40 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I apologise wholeheartedly on behalf of all women for not wanting to just bone you already

By *oo..Woman 40 weeks ago

Boo's World

Look for the "women" OP and not the girls is the best advice!

By *naswingdressWoman 40 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry you aren't finding people who align with your expectations.

By *RWoodyCouple 40 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Whilst it can be appreciated it's not a dating site OP, I think it also has to be appreciated that a Swingers site doesnt necessarily mean jumping into bed with someone/some people by 'date' 2. J.

By *rucey_BigBallsMan 40 weeks ago

London

The cheek of it right?! They don't know what they're missing out on! Have you SEEN my penis!?

No seriously where is it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 40 weeks ago

Merseyside

O.P.

I get you. I get where you are coming from BUT ...... the power is in your hands.

Your boundary is one social.

Any second meet is for jiggery pokery.

Own your own weakness O.P. No one skull dragged you out 6 times.

First meet / social and maybe. Second meet Social Sex....

Put it on your profile

Merseyside

"The cheek of it right?! They don't know what they're missing out on! Have you SEEN my penis!?

No seriously where is it. "

OMG ..... it's that penis again !

By *glyBettyTV/TS 40 weeks ago

Evergreen Forest, looking for Cyril Sneer

To be honest having to go on what is essentially 6 dates before you get the green light is a bit ridiculous.

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman 40 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"O.P.

I get you. I get where you are coming from BUT ...... the power is in your hands.

Your boundary is one social.

Any second meet is for jiggery pokery.

Own your own weakness O.P. No one skull dragged you out 6 times.

First meet / social and maybe. Second meet Social Sex....

Put it on your profile "

This

London

"The cheek of it right?! They don't know what they're missing out on! Have you SEEN my penis!?

OMG ..... it's that penis again !"

It's coming for ya granny!

Manchester (she/her)

"To be honest having to go on what is essentially 6 dates before you get the green light is a bit ridiculous."

It'd be too much for me, too.

Merseyside

OMG ..... it's that penis again !

It's coming for ya granny!"

I don't have a granny. That was cruel Bwuce !

By *oo..Woman 40 weeks ago

Boo's World

Yours looks like he needs some tlc and soothing cream rubbed in, you've made him all red from all the non stop grabbing and teenage horn levels Brucey!

By *heekyDemandCouple 40 weeks ago

Leicester

Every moan about the situation is about the people, not the site, Fabswingers doesn't turn people into what you want. Maybe you need to have a more realistic expectation of what people are like.

By *alandNitaCouple 40 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

OP maybe say what you want on your profile as Swing has suggested.

A surprising number of people on here are looking to date, but 6 socials and no sex suggests they're not really attracted to you. Are you paying for everything?

Nita

By *ugby 123Couple 40 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I wouldn't get that either. I would call that dating too.

However, if that's what the boundery is for that person and isn't for you then you don't match each other so I wouldn't go on a second / 3rd/4th meet etc and try and find someone who matches what you are looking for

By *ugby 123Couple 40 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I apologise wholeheartedly on behalf of all women for not wanting to just bone you already "

He didn't say that at all. Lets not put words into his mouth as it sends the thread a different way altogether

By *andering Welsh GuyMan 40 weeks ago

All over the place

Can't see this going well OP.

Where you say women want social meets before sex, well of course they do.

I guess they want to check us guys out before committing to anything which to be fair is their right.

Besides I've met women who for whatever reason there was zero chemistry, so I didn't fuck them.

Sex is more than the physical, well good sex is anyway

Liverpool

"I wouldn't get that either. I would call that dating too.

However, if that's what the boundery is for that person and isn't for you then you don't match each other so I wouldn't go on a second / 3rd/4th meet etc and try and find someone who matches what you are looking for

"

This is exactly it. It's their boundaries and their time value they put on themselves. Maybe over the top for some, but it's what they are comfortable with.

By *midnight-Woman 40 weeks ago

Apologies for the age demograph OP

Wanna take me out for drinks? I fancy an espresso martini

By *urst tomato greyMan 40 weeks ago

Northampton

Best bet is to go to the clubs that's where the fun is. You will love it just go on a newbie night. I went to one beginning of the year it was a great night met lots of nice people and the hosts were amazing.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 40 weeks ago

little house on the praire

You should make it clear one social only and if they don't like that your not compatible. Must say 6 socials is abit excessive

Leicester

"You should make it clear one social only and if they don't like that your not compatible. Must say 6 socials is abit excessive"

Agreed, but still unsure how this is "Fab becoming unusable"

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

Six socials before sex sounds good to me but then again I'm old

By *ny1localMan 40 weeks ago

READING

"I wouldn't get that either. I would call that dating too.

"

I agree with this, but then I'm not a 'white knight' or some 'clever clogs'that enjoys pulling an honest post down.

By *ee04Man 40 weeks ago

Thurrock

I understand what the OP is saying in terms of a dating site.

The site became more popular during COVID, don’t know why when there was no meeting.

But as so many have said if it’s not your thing then move on.

I agree nothing wrong with a social but 6?

I still remember my first fab meet many years ago. It was a NSA meet with a woman locally. She arrived we got naked fucked and a lot more. We showered she dressed and left.

We both verified each other met a few more time same thing.

I have also been on a few socials were I didn’t want to go any further and quite a few that did.

All over the place

Fair enough but after the 2nd social it should be clear there is no spark

By *lan157Man 40 weeks ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

6 social dates ? I have told you a million times about exaggerating

Liverpool

"I understand what the OP is saying in terms of a dating site.

The site became more popular during COVID, don’t know why when there was no meeting.

But as so many have said if it’s not your thing then move on.

I agree nothing wrong with a social but 6?

I still remember my first fab meet many years ago. It was a NSA meet with a woman locally. She arrived we got naked fucked and a lot more. We showered she dressed and left.

We both verified each other met a few more time same thing.

I have also been on a few socials were I didn’t want to go any further and quite a few that did. "

Nothing wrong with 6 either. If that's what they want to do before the sex then why is that wrong?

It's not the "normal" thing but it's not wrong.

If 6 socials isn't for you, just say so. I find men want things from me that I don't want, so I say no. It doesn't make Fab unusable?

All over the place

"Apologies for the age demograph OP

Wanna take me out for drinks? I fancy an espresso martini "

I'll get you one, if I can drink mine off your ass haha

London

Anyway who in London wants 1 drink and then oral?

Oh the frustration! It must be maddening

"I previously used Fab during my time in college and have since returned, 8 years later, full time a month ago.

All the women I chat with end up wanting to go on social meets before sex, and that's fine. In fact, I personally recommend we meet over drinks before anything happens as it builds chemistry and removes any awkwardness.

But many of these girls expect me to have six or more socials before anything happens. We might as well be dating at that point.

Perhaps that's why the average age of people on this site is now 40-something. Very few 20 year olds on here, in contrast to 8 years ago when I could find plenty.

A reminder that this is a swingers site, not a dating app. If I wanted to take a girl out on multiple "socials" then I'd just sign up to Tinder."

6 socials and no sex think your pretty much friend zoned.

By *icecouple561Couple 40 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Maybe use the singular when talking about social meeting

Merseyside

"Anyway who in London wants 1 drink and then oral? "

Giving or Receiving ?

By *herry delightWoman 40 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

I agree with op in one why this used to be a swinging site, now it's becoming a dating site.

By *midnight-Woman 40 weeks ago

"Apologies for the age demograph OP

Wanna take me out for drinks? I fancy an espresso martini

I'll get you one, if I can drink mine off your ass haha"

Might be a little extreme for whetherspoons, but hey, up for anything once!

By *imisugarWoman 40 weeks ago

Rugby

"To be honest having to go on what is essentially 6 dates before you get the green light is a bit ridiculous."

If someone needed to social with me 6 times before any action, I'd assume they didn't fancy me in the slightest and cut my losses.

Sounds like OP isn't selecting people aligned with what's they actually want.

By *semeforfunMan 40 weeks ago

Bourne lincs

So true fabswingers is full of people looking at ur pics or talk about it on here it's a waste of time

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 40 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

It is odd to me.

One social, go away and digest and process how I feel about it. And if its not a fuck yes then it's a fuck no. There's no room for fucking about on "meh, maybe" reactions in my schedule

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 40 weeks ago

Leeds

Think it must just be you, all the women I meet just fuck wherever we meet, there and then, I've been submerged in pussy since signing up.

Mrs

By *ellhungvweMan 40 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"

"

If it takes you 6 socials then you are dating at that point.

OP I have to be honest - if _all_ your meets are like that then you need to rethink what you are doing because clearly it isn’t working.

It is a swingers site.

But people can use the site in any way they like, if you don’t want to go on multiple socials make that clear in your initial conversation.

A lot of the problems you’re suffering with on here are likely things you could change yourself.

I first found Fab in 2019 when I was 26 and I’ve never found it to be a place full of 20 somethings at all.

By *entle_lover_xMan 40 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

[Removed by poster at 22/12/23 14:54:26]

Great Dunmow

I think there is element of truth to what you say OP albeit perhaps not expressed in the most sensitive and elegant way

Fab has changed a bit over the years and especially during Covid a lot of people more interested in socials/dating etc came in, singles and couples. An element remains and sometimes I wonder why certain people are here although ultimately up to them.

That said Fab is still very much usable albeit not easy. There are plenty of ladies and couples across the whole spectrum including those who pretty much want to meet that day and fuck.

How often are you coming across ladies who want six socials? Surely this is rare? Are you indulging them? If this is a major problem for you then perhaps you need to reconsider your approach, who you interact with and what limits you place. No way in hell I would go on six socials and if I come across somebody a couple of times at a party or club and nothing happens pretty much give up - either give up and move on or just accept they are in the "friends zone".

"I previously used Fab during my time in college and have since returned, 8 years later, full time a month ago.

A reminder that this is a swingers site, not a dating app. If I wanted to take a girl out on multiple "socials" then I'd just sign up to Tinder."

Perhaps it's different because 8 years ago you were the same age as them.

I wouldn't have 2 socials without a plan for more. I certainly wouldn't have 5 or 6.

Great Dunmow

"Can't see this going well OP.

Where you say women want social meets before sex, well of course they do.

I guess they want to check us guys out before committing to anything which to be fair is their right.

Besides I've met women who for whatever reason there was zero chemistry, so I didn't fuck them.

Sex is more than the physical, well good sex is anyway "

OP wasn't expressing concern at socials meet per se. You are misrepresenting what he said. It was the number of them not them taking place at all.

Leicester

There isn't a lot we need to know about someone to want sex with someone, about 5 minutes of chat is sufficient to exclude someone.

Socials tend to be in the bar area of a club, if we want someone we get up, say we are off to a playroom and ask if they want to join us. If we are horny for you, we want you right now.

6 socials, you could be married to some people in less time.

Great Dunmow

"There isn't a lot we need to know about someone to want sex with someone, about 5 minutes of chat is sufficient to exclude someone.

Socials tend to be in the bar area of a club, if we want someone we get up, say we are off to a playroom and ask if they want to join us. If we are horny for you, we want you right now.

6 socials, you could be married to some people in less time."

Must admit i'm the similar with my partner in a party/club - well maybe not 5 mins but find extended socials even there tricky at times. If a private meet it is usually with prior agreement that most likely will play after a little chat if all happy. Some exceptions if lucky enough to meet a single lady as understand it can take more time for us all to feel comfortable.

Great Dunmow

Should add this is one of an increasing growing list of thing where the couples meeting couples and singles meeting singles experience can be quite different. It's like a whole different world at times.

Manchester (she/her)

"There isn't a lot we need to know about someone to want sex with someone, about 5 minutes of chat is sufficient to exclude someone.

6 socials, you could be married to some people in less time."

I'd want a bit longer - online discussion for awhile then a social, or a little longer than 5 minutes in a club. But I can't think of any reason I'd want more than one social.

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman 40 weeks ago

not meeting

The twenty year olds from 8 years ago are now 28. I think that’s where you’re going wrong.

#girlmaths

Great Dunmow

"The twenty year olds from 8 years ago are now 28. I think that’s where you’re going wrong.

#girlmaths"

lol must admit I hadn't picked up on the age thing.

OP I'll whisper it quietly but you might end up having a far better time sexually with the over 40's experienced swingers than the young 20 year olds

This site is both a swinging site and a dating site. What about the single swingers looking for a partner to swing with? I'm somewhere in between personally.

Where OP seems to be unlucky is in clearly communicating his own desires and boundaries for what he wants.

Maybe the women he's ended up dating are looking for a long term partner to swing with and not NSA? Although I'm not sure how he wouldn't know that before a 3rd social. What are you talking about if not what you're into, what your values are, what is needed before trust is given for X, Y, Z, what you both want from a dynamic or sexual meet, and then negotiating limits and boundaries? Eastenders???

So many people talk about "communication is key" and then fail to actually communicate at all when it comes to the things that really matter.

By *r.Stephen-PickleMan 40 weeks ago

Ends

"To be honest having to go on what is essentially 6 dates before you get the green light is a bit ridiculous.

It'd be too much for me, too."

That’s too many dates for tinder.

Ends

"

I first found Fab in 2019 when I was 26 and I’ve never found it to be a place full of 20 somethings at all. "

Sometimes I wish it was but it certainly never has been

By *hoirCouple 40 weeks ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

How does this make the service unusable though? For a start, you are using it right now. Secondly, this just sounds like a whine as you can't get any action anymore.

C

"Think it must just be you, all the women I meet just fuck wherever we meet, there and then, I've been submerged in pussy since signing up.

Mrs "

Manchester (she/her)

"To be honest having to go on what is essentially 6 dates before you get the green light is a bit ridiculous.

That’s too many dates for tinder. "

My brief experience of Tinder is that guys are way less tolerant of "social first"

"The twenty year olds from 8 years ago are now 28. I think that’s where you’re going wrong.

#girlmaths"

By *stwo2023Couple 40 weeks ago

Worcester

I'd argue it's very usable to those who like to get to know the person they want to fuck.

Perhaps the issue is you and your expectations?

By *viatrixWoman 40 weeks ago

Back in Gatwick!

LOL

I believe correct me if I'm wrong others can choose to use the site how they choose,

Tinder will be pleased to see you

By *lex46TV/TS 40 weeks ago

Near Wells

6 meetings before sex??

I get worried if we’re not having sex within 6 minutes of meeting

Ends

That’s too many dates for tinder.

My brief experience of Tinder is that guys are way less tolerant of "social first""

My experience of it is that women want to shag on the first date

And nobody is on it for a serious relationship really despite the bios

By *iss pleasuringWoman 40 weeks ago

SELBY

Doesn't say alot for the OP. Either there's sexual attraction or not. Silly man for trying again and again .

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 40 weeks ago

Telford

I would only expect one social.

I wouldn't want to constantly meet someone for a social it's either there for me or not and if it's not then no point.

By *ife NinjaMan 40 weeks ago

Dunfermline

"I would only expect one social.

I wouldn't want to constantly meet someone for a social it's either there for me or not and if it's not then no point. "

I'd take your social

By *atnip make me purrWoman 40 weeks ago

Reading

I handed it in to lost property.

By *ackformore100Man 40 weeks ago

Tin town

What is it they say about keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

It takes two op.

Maybe look in the mirror.? If it's taking you 6 socials to get your fingers wet, and you don't like that. Try doing something different for a different outcome.?

By *he normsterMan 40 weeks ago

belfast

What 6 social really

Never neverv

By *weetCherryWoman 40 weeks ago

London

Only 6?! I’m not planning to bone anyone else until we are married, lucky you

By *AYENCouple 40 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

It sounds like you're a great candidate for the friend zone.

So OP,

In the eight months back on Fab have any of these extended socials actually ended in sex?

Sorry but someone’s got to ask

By *ools and the brainCouple 40 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

See you then bye bye turn the light off on your way out.

Bray

Some people here have completely misunderstood what I'm saying.

I have nothing against social meets but I recently had one that went on for six. Before that, I had one that went on for four. Of course, they're not all like this but this is becoming more frequent.

Once again, there's nothing wrong with social meet-ups but they certainly have become excessive. If they really weren't into me then we wouldn't still be going out and talking online.

Unfortunately, not a lot of choices on fab for what I'm after in my location. And I'm mainly targeting people my age, late-20s/mid-30s. I can certainly refuse to go out for more then two socials but I'm definitely seeing a pattern here in regards to what women are after on fab.

The purpose of social meets is to check eachother out and build some chemistry. Not try and fall in love with one another. And yes, I already have this in my bio long before I made this post.

In terms of demographics on Fab, it's gotten much older. But I guess dating/hookup apps are the cause of this because that's what most under 40s use for sex.

Bray

"So OP,

In the eight months back on Fab have any of these extended socials actually ended in sex?

Sorry but someone’s got to ask "

I'm quite picky but yes. Though I find Bumble and Hinge to be much easier and I'm not exaggerating.

By *mf123Man 40 weeks ago

the space between spaces

Good luck with your socials id much prefer the early close

By *alandNitaCouple 40 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"So OP,

I'm quite picky but yes. Though I find Bumble and Hinge to be much easier and I'm not exaggerating."

To be honest, these are probably better for hook ups and your age group than Fab.

Nita

Coffee?

By *itty9899Man 40 weeks ago

Craggy Island

On the first day of Christmas my truelove gave to me...

By *migger123Man 40 weeks ago

c

The older woman are better pal

By *toC Thats MeWoman 40 weeks ago

Sheffield

I politely disagree. If I want to use it to date…I will.

I think people rely on fab too much for meeting. Lots of clubs and social events to meet people at.

By *ackformore100Man 40 weeks ago

Tin town

"Some people here have completely misunderstood what I'm saying.

I have nothing against social meets but I recently had one that went on for six. Before that, I had one that went on for four. Of course, they're not all like this but this is becoming more frequent.

Once again, there's nothing wrong with social meet-ups but they certainly have become excessive. If they really weren't into me then we wouldn't still be going out and talking online.

Unfortunately, not a lot of choices on fab for what I'm after in my location. And I'm mainly targeting people my age, late-20s/mid-30s. I can certainly refuse to go out for more then two socials but I'm definitely seeing a pattern here in regards to what women are after on fab.

The purpose of social meets is to check eachother out and build some chemistry. Not try and fall in love with one another. And yes, I already have this in my bio long before I made this post.

In terms of demographics on Fab, it's gotten much older. But I guess dating/hookup apps are the cause of this because that's what most under 40s use for sex."

Can't argue with your experiences and it's an interesting observation that you make. Do you find similar behavior and expectations on other meet sites?

By *weetiepie99Woman 40 weeks ago

cardiff

Women (and men), can use Fab however they like.

If you don't like it, go out, meet someone in a bar, pub, club. Or use a different app.

By *utstandingMan 40 weeks ago

HX

"So OP,

I'm quite picky but yes. Though I find Bumble and Hinge to be much easier and I'm not exaggerating."

He's way too picky, that's his problem. Just look at what he's looking for ...

London

"So OP,

I'm quite picky but yes. Though I find Bumble and Hinge to be much easier and I'm not exaggerating.

He's way too picky, that's his problem. Just look at what he's looking for ..."

Picky ain't a thing remember! It's good to have standards!

My good looking penis only wants to meet hot faces/vaginas!

By *oopy Lou 666Woman 40 weeks ago

Heaven.......I came down from Heaven

"Look for the "women" OP and not the girls is the best advice!

"

well he is still in his 20`s..........

By *inky_couple2020Couple 40 weeks ago

North West

"The older woman are better pal "

We old women already have husbands and suchlike, I don't have time for so many socials. We also probably have children, some not far off in age to the OP so we won't be wanting to go to some hip young-people bar etc.

Old women are sitting home, doing their knitting, in their sexy undies and stockings, just waiting for young studs to take 'em quickly, before 'im indoors wants a quick suck before bed and before little Kiddie gets up at 3am needing cuddles!

By *oopy Lou 666Woman 40 weeks ago

Heaven.......I came down from Heaven

yeah ........I think we should know after 1st meet if you like the person....

By *itIrishgent86Man 40 weeks ago

London/Belfast

The cheek of them.

Usually when I go on socials, I'm usually already wearing a condom, I'm that lucky.