FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What's so bad with Hi

What's so bad with Hi

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ick_man_88 OP   Man  over a year ago

hartlepool

What happend to saying hello how are you? Why is it such a bad thing to try and use as a icebreaker? So many profiles on here with if you message with a hi how are you your instantly blocked, wtf is wrong with people, what makes you think your entitled to a shakespearerian sonet with every god dam message it's not a dating site we just all want to fuck get over yourselfs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"What happend to saying hello how are you? Why is it such a bad thing to try and use as a icebreaker? So many profiles on here with if you message with a hi how are you your instantly blocked, wtf is wrong with people, what makes you think your entitled to a shakespearerian sonet with every god dam message it's not a dating site we just all want to fuck get over yourselfs"

"Hi" is just a little lazy, it invest zero time or effort. Why not go for:

" Hi,I'm Mick. I just stumbled across your profile and thought you sounded hot. Let me know if you'd be interested in a chat. "

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Most people have the assumption - and I'm not saying it's right, but I use it - that people generally put the same effort into how they do the fucks like how they type.

Most people don't wanna be home by 9pm with cum in their hair and sixteen 'Hub tabs open.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We used to answer all messages, even the Hi ones but the sequence that follows is usually "How's you" "what you up to""how's fab treating you""had much luck on here" etc so we are more selective now although the odd one might slip through.

By *rucey_BigBallsMan  over a year ago

London

Because of a million people doing the same thing. Like a factory line. It's not rude to say it's just not gonna stand out.

So instead I say dayumn gurl you know any medics because you're making my heart go cuurraaazzzzy.

Which results in 0 responses.

It's the women that are the problem!

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

It’s lazy and pretty much shows the effort that’ll get put in, in chatting, sex, etc.

It’s a straight delete for us…as is a cock as a profile pic.

K

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple  over a year ago

Debauchery

We'll answer with the same back and most of the time there is absolutely zero chance of the sender bringing anymore to the conversation! Admittedly after the 20th 'Hi!' I generally give up and just delete. *shrug emoji

Cherry x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What happend to saying hello how are you? Why is it such a bad thing to try and use as an icebreaker? So many profiles on here with if you message with a hi how are you your instantly blocked, wtf is wrong with people, what makes you think your entitled to a shakespearerian sonet with every god dam message it's not a dating site we just all want to fuck get over yourselfs"

And If this be error, and upon him proved,

I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"We used to answer all messages, even the Hi ones but the sequence that follows is usually "How's you" "what you up to""how's fab treating you""had much luck on here" etc so we are more selective now although the odd one might slip through. "

We musr be messaging the same person!

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"What happend to saying hello how are you? Why is it such a bad thing to try and use as a icebreaker? So many profiles on here with if you message with a hi how are you your instantly blocked, wtf is wrong with people, what makes you think your entitled to a shakespearerian sonet with every god dam message it's not a dating site we just all want to fuck get over yourselfs"
Some don't view it as a sex site, some view it as a way of life, a social setting with conversationalists and words (no spelling mistakes) some say like minded but how could anyone possibly think like me oh and some view it as a dating site, oh and some are completely over it and just come to waste time

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

If that is how you want to do fab OP then carry on. It's your fab journey. But you can't really complain if your way isn't the way others do their fab journey because despite you thinking everyone is on here for the same reason they are not,and quite a lot of people are fairly fussy about who they fuçk or chat to.

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

As long as they have a good profile which shows they can indeed string some words together, we're okay with Hi in order to establish initial attraction.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

If someone with a good detailed profile sends a hi,I'll probably give them the benefit of the doubt & reply.

If a profile with one line and not v good pics sends one I delete,it looks like they can't be arsed with a profile or to put any effort in a message.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Also depends if they've read my profile or not.

"If someone with a good detailed profile sends a hi,I'll probably give them the benefit of the doubt & reply.

If a profile with one line and not v good pics sends one I delete,it looks like they can't be arsed with a profile or to put any effort in a message."

Really well said

hi op how r u?

Hey

Hru

Wuu2

Wanna meet?

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

[Removed by poster at 31/05/23 12:35:54]

Because it’s boring getting the same messages over and over. Just because people want a fuck as you say doesn’t mean you will go with just anyone for us needs to be some sort of spark/ connection

By *eeliciouschaosWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

I think everything is wrong with “hi” and I’ll try to explain to the best of my ability why.

This is online world and you have only one chance here to impress. “Hi” isn’t the best way to do it.

Unlike in the real world, “hi” has a potential as it comes with energy exchange, body language, eye contact, chemistry, attraction and so on.

Hope this makes sense.

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

And there are variations of hi like hey, what's up, how's you etc. They all pop up from time to time usually unaccompanied by anything else. Icebreaker or lazy contact? Then why not use a wink? Whatever suits, you reep what you sow, I suppose

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I think it's better to look at profile and write something about it than being lazy and just saying hi how are you.

Shows a little bit of effort and takes a few seconds longer out of your day

[Removed by poster at 31/05/23 12:39:43]

On the flip side, some of us write well written, well thought out and relevant messages to people, and guess what? They get ignored as well OP.

Often the reason they get overlooked is because of all the pointless, ill-judged 'hi' messages from lazy men trying to get their leg over that overload all the women & couples so they end up ignoring or missing the good ones.

The 'hru bbe' brigade are the problem here. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

"What happend to saying hello how are you? Why is it such a bad thing to try and use as an icebreaker? So many profiles on here with if you message with a hi how are you your instantly blocked, wtf is wrong with people, what makes you think your entitled to a shakespearerian sonet with every god dam message it's not a dating site we just all want to fuck get over yourselfs"

OP, imagine if you will you’re a woman or couple on Fab.

You get anywhere between 10-100 messages per day and 90% of them start with “Hi” and nothing else. Despite yourself, you are feeling generous today and respond to them all with “Hi”. You then get back “How are you?” so you respond with “Good, thanks. And you?”

Imagine doing that 50 times while trying to juggle work, family life, home/personal admin, messages to friends and family and conversations with Fabbers you already know.

How quickly does it get tiresome?

As has been said above, if you have a good profile, someone *may* respond because they can see you’re not a boring wanking dead. The reality is you are unlikely to get a response because fab just isn’t the kind of platform where that sort of message works. Quite apart from the fact it’s not instant messaging so is a slow, painful way to have a conversation, you need to stand out from the crowd. Because us men are just that - a crowd.

It’s not people being rude or ignorant. It’s people managing their inbox, accounts and lives in whatever way they want.

I really couldn't give a crap if the message just says "hi".

If the profile pic or text puts me off it's always NO.

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

"I really couldn't give a crap if the message just says "hi".

If the profile pic or text puts me off it's always NO."

This. A hi doesn't bother me. Its the other things that do sometimes.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Imagine being given a hint on how not to fuck up, and instead of listening, complaining.

You don't have to write an essay.

Here's an old one that has worked

"I can tell you are a total size queen... So the only question is ... Large red or large white?"

You can have that for free. Just don't message anyone in the forum.

By *edwing68Man  over a year ago

Chatham

I couldnt agree more!

Imagine you're in a bar, and you walk up to a complete stranger and just say, "hi", probably with your cock out as well.

That's what you're presenting people with on here in essence.

I would ignore you as well.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

As quite a few posters have said, the opening message has very little to do with it as long as it's not grim. We will click on the profile and see what we think. To be honest our vanilla life is stupid busy for the foreseeable so it's more a case of whether we reply to say no thanks if some effort has been put in or just delete.

J

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Because when I send back Ho!

It's very disappointing when they don't reply with Let's Go!!

East London

"Imagine you're in a bar, and you walk up to a complete stranger and just say, "hi", probably with your cock out as well.

I would ignore you as well."

If a hot man walked up to me in a bar and said hi, I'd say hi back.

By *randMrsNorthernCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

As others have said, simple “hi” or “how are you?” messages show a complete lack of imagination. We often ignore these type of messages.

On the contrary, an essay (especially the copy and paste type) is unnecessary, but at least some degree of effort and indication your bio has been read is always welcome.

"Imagine you're in a bar, and you walk up to a complete stranger and just say, "hi", probably with your cock out as well.

"

Yeah but just hi, and stood there with his dick out - I'd move away and call the police.

East London

Yeah but just hi, and stood there with his dick out - I'd move away and call the police."

Would you walk up to someone in a bar with your shirt off and deliver a monologue?

Yeah but just hi, and stood there with his dick out - I'd move away and call the police.

Would you walk up to someone in a bar with your shirt off and deliver a monologue?

"

No, but I only changed my profile photo about 10 minutes ago re another thread.

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

If you receive 100+ message a day and 80-90% have this as an introduction or icebreaker it literally becomes ohhh another

Yes it will be opened to see if they elaborate a bit more

Plenty of messages are a bit more cheeky or eye catching and will be engaged with

COMPLIMENTS! always work well

Cheshire

"l

"

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

"Hi, I noticed your profile and found it really interesting. I decided to drop you a line as I felt that after careful consideration my profile is a good match for your criteria and I feel that we could be a good match. I especially felt that what you wrote about a sense of humour was a good match, as well as your appreciation of exotic underwear and enticing footwear. Have a look at my profile and see if you feel it's a good match, and if not then I wish you the best of luck on here."

Chirping crickets and if you're lucky you're not blocked...

Cheshire

Personally, a “hi how are you?” pleasantry is bullshit and a waste of a message. The recipient will reply “fine and you?” or something similar which will warrant a similar “yes I am fine” response and it’s all empty conversation and a waste of time.

In a club or pub, such dialogue is fine - but on here we like to filter out the bull-shit. Face pics always guarantee a reply from us, even if it’s a polite no.

Caerphilly

No, but I only changed my profile photo about 10 minutes ago re another thread."

There's no argument either way with that, though.

Approaching at a bar is meeting on the fly, you're there, they're there, they can say no or walk or whatever.

Talking online is completely different. It allows people to understand specifics before they ever have to meet.

I've done both, a lot, and they'll just never be comparable.

By *ayto MuleMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

If I write a long message, it sometimes comes across as a cut and paste.

I've already put my cut and paste message on my profile so why would I waste time by cutting and pasting the same thing into a message?

By *issBlackedCouple  over a year ago

ML3

My go-to is "fun just now?"

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It's not the content of the message (unless its abusive of course), I would delete such messgaes if the profile didn't appeal to me

By *ezebel100Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"We used to answer all messages, even the Hi ones but the sequence that follows is usually "How's you" "what you up to""how's fab treating you""had much luck on here" etc so we are more selective now although the odd one might slip through. "

This exactly is what is wrong with "Hi" messages. That and it shows zero effort. If they can't be bothered to read my profile and engage in a proper conversation with me, why would I bother to reply.

By *uperShyWoman  over a year ago

a town where noone should live

I know right! How dare people be so picky. They assume the more words used the better the fuck right? and why are they not swooning over a cock pic profile with lack of content? What's wrong with the people today? Like you said we all want to fuck, so you keep telling everybody that, I'm sure you'll change everyone's way of using the site

Ffs

East London

No, but I only changed my profile photo about 10 minutes ago re another thread."

My point was, you can't compare real life introductions to those on here.

In real life most people say q simple hello.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Bit lame if ask me. If I was a bird I’d want a bit more than what you say to someone you passed in the street and made weird eye contact with.

The mr

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You can be the same indistinct single man, like the others who said just 'Hi' and you'll likely never stand out.

You can say the same in a bar or club but there's body language etc, that expresses more.

There's nothing stopping you from carrying on the same way here. But most people will question your motivation level.

If the online world is too harsh for you, perhaps stick to swinging at the clubs.

By *nigmaschild300Man  over a year ago

dunfermline

"Most people have the assumption - and I'm not saying it's right, but I use it - that people generally put the same effort into how they do the fucks like how they type.

Most people don't wanna be home by 9pm with cum in their hair and sixteen 'Hub tabs open.

"

Well that would be entirely false. I just really can't be arsed playing email ping-pong. There's a lot of lonely people on these apps who just like to chit chat.

That said if I get a response to a hi How are you the conversation generally goes quite well. But I'm fucked if I'm writing a long detailed message blowing smoke up some eejits ass that they will likely still ignore anyway.

That said I'm quite fortunate to not initiate many conversations anyway.

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

Nothing is wrong with Hi, if its the right person, at the right time.

You havent asked for a profile critique, so I am unable to comment further.

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

A hi in the pub might work, might get a response, a hi back. But I can also keep walking and not need to continue the conversation.

In a pub I also don’t have 100s of people from up and down the country saying hi at the same time. I wouldn’t have time for my drink, or to spend with my friends I’m there with before chucking out time.

There are lots of reasons why lots of people do and those who don’t respond.

I’m simply managing my time as best I can

We answer Hi with Hi or Ho.

Seems fair.

You wanna fuck my Mrs you’d best put in a little effort but it’s entirely up to you if you can be arsed or not.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I know right! And peeps moaning bout txt typing! Wtf is that about? If I can save my finger I do! Don't like it don't reply! Lol x

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere only we know

Nothings wrong with Hi OP… face to face.

But on this site Hi is accompanied by your cock. This isn’t the same thing. In fact. It’s entirely different.

Hope you find your fun

By *ack 500Man  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Double standards on here most times , hi is just a way of letting them know you are attracted to them . No point wasting time and writing a paragraph to someone you don’t know or don’t even know if they want to engage back in conversation.

By *iss_Cali_xxCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

It makes it so much harder to choose who to actually reply to. Woman and couples tend to get tons of messages. When they are say, "hi, how are you", and the profile only gives us a dick pic and a 'looking for fun' bio with no verifications, how do we know if there is something to pursue there? You might just be looking for a fuck, but don't assume everyone else is only looking for the same. Sexual experiences and "a fuck" are very different things. Particularly where women and couples are concerned. If coupled-women wanted a simple fuck, they'd simply fuck their partner. For single women, they have to take the time to make sure you're not a psycho so they are safe, for starters, but then figure out if you're actually messaging to have an experience both parties enjoy, rather than the bloke just getting his end away and leaving her wholly unsatisfied.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Double standards on here most times , hi is just a way of letting them know you are attracted to them . No point wasting time and writing a paragraph to someone you don’t know or don’t even know if they want to engage back in conversation. "

Exactly! Must be very tedious for men here from what they tell me! Personally I've never sent a first message only from forum stuff x

By *aveDerbyMan  over a year ago

Derby

Hi there, hello

stoke on trent

If someone you are extremely attracted to says hi , you 100% will respond back , if someone repulsive writes an essay you 100% won’t respond , simple as that , keep saying hi !!!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Hi, O.P.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

R u ok Hun?

By *he Silver FuxMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

Image a list 50 long received every day. Which message gets your attention?

Hi

Hey

Wanna fuck?

Hi there

Hi

So horny rt now

Hi

Hey there

Much luck on here?

Fuck tonight?

Hi

Discerning, Devilish and Debonair…

Hey

hi

Fancy a fuk?

stoke on trent

"R u ok Hun?"

Yh u

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Tbh it shows off a few things

1) bit lazy

2) you think attraction is only based on looks

3) you don't get many messages (so arent bored shitless of answering the same question all the fucking time)

None are good looks for putting you to the front of the queue. But hey, more important to be right, than laid.

stoke on trent

"Image a list 50 long received every day. Which message gets your attention?

Hi

Hey

Wanna fuck?

Hi there

Hi

So horny rt now

Hi

Hey there

Much luck on here?

Fuck tonight?

Hi

Hey

hi

Fancy a fuk?

"

Splendid choice

Somewhere only we know

"Tbh it shows off a few things

1) bit lazy

2) you think attraction is only based on looks

3) you don't get many messages (so arent bored shitless of answering the same question all the fucking time)

None are good looks for putting you to the front of the queue. But hey, more important to be right, than laid. "

100%

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

I ignore messages that just say 'Hi' because it's completely forgettable, I've lost interest in the conversation before it's even started.

Most guys profile look and sound the same, they are overwhelmingly generic. 'Hi' does nothing to stand out from the noise of other generic cock photo saying 'Hi'

I don't expect an essay but at the very least let me know why you messaged me specifically.

If you have some great photos (which most guys don't) and a interestingly written profile (which most guys don't) then you might get away with a 'Hi' but if you want to stand out from the cock forest in people's inboxes I would suggest tilting the odds in your favour and making an effort.

Uttoxeter

Also consider that many women and couples don’t open the messages, they can jump to your profile in incognito mode, they see your message title AND your profile picture… of your cock… just like the 1000’s of other men who message week in week out…

I once checked a guys profile that was complaining on the forum that he never got any responses from all his messages - he had 439 pictures of his cock, nothing else

Uttoxeter

"I ignore messages that just say 'Hi' because it's completely forgettable, I've lost interest in the conversation before it's even started.

Most guys profile look and sound the same, they are overwhelmingly generic. 'Hi' does nothing to stand out from the noise of other generic cock photo saying 'Hi'

I don't expect an essay but at the very least let me know why you messaged me specifically.

If you have some great photos (which most guys don't) and a interestingly written profile (which most guys don't) then you might get away with a 'Hi' but if you want to stand out from the cock forest in people's inboxes I would suggest tilting the odds in your favour and making an effort."

“Cock forest”

Can’t see the wood for the twigs..

Somewhere only we know

"What happend to saying hello how are you? Why is it such a bad thing to try and use as a icebreaker? So many profiles on here with if you message with a hi how are you your instantly blocked, wtf is wrong with people, what makes you think your entitled to a shakespearerian sonet with every god dam message it's not a dating site we just all want to fuck get over yourselfs

Also consider that many women and couples don’t open the messages, they can jump to your profile in incognito mode, they see your message title AND your profile picture… of your cock… just like the 1000’s of other men who message week in week out…

I once checked a guys profile that was complaining on the forum that he never got any responses from all his messages - he had 439 pictures of his cock, nothing else "

That’s absolutely epic! I would probably message him to ask him if he was addicted to taking pics of his cock

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Personally I don’t mind someone sending just a hi message it’s better than fancy a fuck .

.I totally understand some people myself included struggle chatting to people online that’s why we do all our meeting new people at clubs and group socials .I would just stick to doing what your happy with .

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

And then to make things even harder for the instashaggers, if someone makes an entitled post on the forum I'll use the private note function in case they ever appear in our inbox. So handy.

J

Uttoxeter

"Image a list 50 long received every day. Which message gets your attention?

Hi

Hey

Wanna fuck?

Hi there

Hi

So horny rt now

Hi

Hey there

Much luck on here?

Fuck tonight?

Hi

Hey

hi

Fancy a fuk?

Splendid choice "

Dude, do you climb mountains or just pull them down towards you

We put some effort into our profile, offering enough detail anyone may need to decide whether or not to contact us.

Way too often, a simple 'Hi' as a first message, is linked to a profile with nothing to appeal, either no pics or just dick pics, and usually a bio that offers nothing.

We're looking for like minded, aren't we all?

Therefore such a message and profile suggests we're not like minded, and we question what effort they'll put into a meet.

If you was to be selling something to the general public, would you hope saying 'Hi' would be enough to appeal?

Sell yourself, realise that first impressions do matter.

I've tried several times responding to such a message, each time it's been painful trying to have a conversation.

We're looking for fun, pleasure, enjoyment, excitement, and those messages inspire not a one.

Uttoxeter

"What happend to saying hello how are you? Why is it such a bad thing to try and use as a icebreaker? So many profiles on here with if you message with a hi how are you your instantly blocked, wtf is wrong with people, what makes you think your entitled to a shakespearerian sonet with every god dam message it's not a dating site we just all want to fuck get over yourselfs

I once checked a guys profile that was complaining on the forum that he never got any responses from all his messages - he had 439 pictures of his cock, nothing else

That’s absolutely epic! I would probably message him to ask him if he was addicted to taking pics of his cock "

Little bird, It was one of those times where I had the thought, again, “will Fab get any weirder than this” and remarkably, it does.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

As long as more than just hi is in the message then I do not have a problem.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Hi

Wuu2.

Nope.

Not answering that.

Imagine getting over 100 ‘hi’ messages every day. If you reply to them all, not only would it take you the best part of an hour but you’d then end up with 80 of them replying ‘what you up to’ which is the singularly most boring sentence ever, 10 of them saying ‘meet now’, 7 of them saying ‘pics’, 2 phone numbers and 1 stalker.

Nobody wants a goddamn Shakespearean sonnet, just a bit of stimulating conversation before the main event. Contrary to popular belief, we’re not all holes with pulses here purely to satisfy on demand the substandard penis of every entitled middle aged man who doesn’t have the social skills to start anything meaningful in real life and thinks fab is a fuckfest.

Somewhere only we know

That’s absolutely epic! I would probably message him to ask him if he was addicted to taking pics of his cock

Little bird, It was one of those times where I had the thought, again, “will Fab get any weirder than this” and remarkably, it does. "

Every single day… and I love it

By *elshKeenCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Mold

In addition to points above, I'm sure this is true for many couples profiles:

We both access the account, it could be either of us that see your message. But we are both very busy, time together is at a premium, and time together where we are actually discussing this sort of thing even more so. We're both involved in who we might meet, so if we feel theres something there we will generally have a chat together about where to take a particular conversation.

So with that in mind "how r u" unfortunately doesnt get over the threshold of being worth the effort of replying to.

If you're a single guy and youve been left on unread thats generally a positive sign. It means we've put a pin in you for when theres time to reply properly!

By *our TV fantasyTV/TS  over a year ago

Liverpool

If you're message shows even the remotest idea that you've read my profile.

If you send a very short message, I'll try my hardest to send a shorter response. Normally that means no response.

You don't walk up to someone in a bar, say "hi" and stare at them waiting for them to put the effort into starting a conversation. Well not with any rate of success anyway.

By *ellaseasWoman  over a year ago

catch me if you can

Answering a 'hi how are you' message was one of my best decisions

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

near Peterborough

"Answering a 'hi how are you' message was one of my best decisions "

Hi, how are you?

"Hi" is just a little lazy, it invest zero time or effort. Why not go for:

" Hi,I'm Mick. I just stumbled across your profile and thought you sounded hot. Let me know if you'd be interested in a chat. ""

Copied and pasted!

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

If it says that on the profile, maybe just don't message them

I can't be arsed with small talk. I don't blame anyone else that can't either. If you want to do that shit just do it to the people that don't say not to bother them with it.

People use fab for a variety of things. If they're using it in a different way to you with different intentions, move on and find someone with the same outlook as you.

No need to kick off about it

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

OP there's nothing wrong with "Hi" as a message - if it's working for you then stick with it.

There's also nothing wrong with wanting a more detailed message that can spark a conversation. That works for me, so I'll stick with it.

There are as many different ways to use this site as there are people on it. The trick is to find the people who want to use the site the same way you do. If someone says in their profile a "Hi" will be deleted then they probably won't be a good fit for how you want to use the site - neither of you are wrong, just looking for different experiences.

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

I think people can do better than just 'hi'. But I'd much prefer that to 'x', 'wuu2', 'wanna fuck' or a random knob shot.

near Peterborough

I had a message that said "I want to suck your cock".

I mean, how rude - not even a mention of dinner first.

"It’s lazy and pretty much shows the effort that’ll get put in, in chatting, sex, etc.

It’s a straight delete for us…as is a cock as a profile pic.

K"

what about if ye the effort multiple times and still no think in return. This site is quality over quantity.

By *hogun300Man  over a year ago

Dundee

Just wow.

Uttoxeter

"I had a message that said "I want to suck your cock".

I mean, how rude - not even a mention of dinner first. "

I bet you had replied within a minute of

reading that though, Right?

near Peterborough

reading that though, Right? "

Nope - unfortunately it was from a guy.

Uttoxeter

ChatGPT Fab messages for the win!

Uttoxeter

reading that though, Right?

Nope - unfortunately it was from a guy. "

FFS, I LoL’d. Even dudes getting shit messages from those guys..

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman  over a year ago

Essex

A fucking site it may be (to some). But my brain needs to be turned on first. I don’t need a romance of the century, but chemistry, heat & spark were never ignited by “hi”

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Because it goes

Hi

Hi

You ok

Yeah you

Upto much

No

Ok

Doing much tonight

Not really

Fancy a fuck

No

Why

Because I don't

But you'll love it

Nope

Yep

Block.

Just easier to ignore the hi.

Mrs

You know where you ask for people to be gentle?

Erm maybe practice that yourself. (facepalm)

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Maybe it’s because you are initiating the conversation and there is the expectation that the recipient has to drive it even though they didn’t start it

For me the best messages are the one that reflect a conversation you would have if you were in a bar or shop for example

Marc

This

Somewhere only we know

"Because it goes

Hi

Hi

You ok

Yeah you

Upto much

No

Ok

Doing much tonight

Not really

Fancy a fuck

No

Why

Because I don't

But you'll love it

Nope

Yep

Block.

Mrs "

I’m going to give you a massive round of applause for this Mrs. It’s utterly spot on

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I was once asked if my sexual Fidelity was 'Low' or 'Hi'.

That was the one and only time I sent a "Hi" to a women.

Caerphilly

"Most people have the assumption - and I'm not saying it's right, but I use it - that people generally put the same effort into how they do the fucks like how they type.

Well that would be entirely false. I just really can't be arsed playing email ping-pong. There's a lot of lonely people on these apps who just like to chit chat.

That said if I get a response to a hi How are you the conversation generally goes quite well. But I'm fucked if I'm writing a long detailed message blowing smoke up some eejits ass that they will likely still ignore anyway.

That said I'm quite fortunate to not initiate many conversations anyway. "

...sigh, what do I do with this one? Two options:

- point out that a conversation between two people circling for fantastic sex usually has neither the brevity of a 'hi hows u', or the smoke-blowing faff of a spiralling thesaurus app on the wonk.

- point out that the only way you can prove it as false is to come and fuck me about it.

Huh. Dealer's choice pal, you pick.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I prefer Hi, rather than Hey.

Perhaps I'm just old though.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Did someone get out the wrong side of the bed this morning

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

a simple hello..

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

Or if you are from limerick "hows things kid" works

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I kinda get what you mean OP, a usual "Hi, how's it going?" Is normally good enough in really life. The only problem is that there aren't also 100s of other men asking them the same question.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

If somebody won't put any effort into a message, why should we put any effort in responding?

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Wow Well aren’t you a delight!

‘Hi’ is fine if it’s followed by a couple of pleasant sentences.

‘Hi’ on its own is just lazy. Laziness is not attractive. If you can’t even be bothered to send more than that in a first message, it doesn’t give hope for effort or fireworks later.

London

‘Hi’ on its own is just lazy. Laziness is not attractive. If you can’t even be bothered to send more than that in a first message, it doesn’t give hope for effort or fireworks later."

Cracking boots luv

Newcastle

‘Hi’ on its own is just lazy. Laziness is not attractive. If you can’t even be bothered to send more than that in a first message, it doesn’t give hope for effort or fireworks later.

Cracking boots luv "

Thanks Brucey

London

Cracking boots luv

Thanks Brucey "

This is how ya do it boys!

Oh wait she won't shag me either...

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Because it goes

Hi

Hi

You ok

Yeah you

Upto much

No

Ok

Doing much tonight

Not really

Fancy a fuck

No

Why

Because I don't

But you'll love it

Nope

Yep

Block.

Mrs "

Hi

Newcastle

Cracking boots luv

Thanks Brucey

This is how ya do it boys!

Oh wait she won't shag me either... "

» Add a new message to this topic