Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

Who like is fed up of it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Who like is fed up of it"

I really feel for the people who were already struggling before it all kicked off.

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

Like what, the actual cost or talking about it? It's really tough for people for sure but there seems to be a lot of apathy around too. Almost an acceptance of the inevitable but then we are hood at that in this country

By *etterdays2021Man  over a year ago

PETERBOROUGH

War and we are paying for it..

All over

"Like what, the actual cost or talking about it? It's really tough for people for sure but there seems to be a lot of apathy around too. Almost an acceptance of the inevitable but then we are hood at that in this country "

*good

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bearing in mind tgat Ed Milliband was banging on about it when he was Leader of the Labour party and he stood down in 2017 when Corbyn took over, so yes, I'm certainly sick of hearing the phrase.

Things have always got more and more expensive over time, it's called inflation and is nothing new

Scunthorpe

"Bearing in mind tgat Ed Milliband was banging on about it when he was Leader of the Labour party and he stood down in 2017 when Corbyn took over, so yes, I'm certainly sick of hearing the phrase.

Things have always got more and more expensive over time, it's called inflation and is nothing new"

To be fair, the price rises over the last year or so have been quite extraordinary. Energy prices doubled inside 12 months, and food prices have gone up by an average of 45%... inflation has historically been around 4%-5%, so the idea that it's "nothing new" is a little off the mark.

Cal

All over

"Bearing in mind tgat Ed Milliband was banging on about it when he was Leader of the Labour party and he stood down in 2017 when Corbyn took over, so yes, I'm certainly sick of hearing the phrase.

Things have always got more and more expensive over time, it's called inflation and is nothing new

To be fair, the price rises over the last year or so have been quite extraordinary. Energy prices doubled inside 12 months, and food prices have gone up by an average of 45%... inflation has historically been around 4%-5%, so the idea that it's "nothing new" is a little off the mark.

Cal"

To say the least. People need sometimes to think for a moment. Especially put of respect for those that are truly suffering at the moment.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Who like is fed up of it"
I'm not fed up with it but everything has gone up significantly

By *athboy89Man  over a year ago

bath

The country was in a shit state before the war and covid , stared going tits up when we left the EU , since then it got worse , come next election tories will be out Labour will be in and it will be literally a case of who's the worst of the 2 evils

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

There's a mum of one that lives near me. She gets we ed delivered minimum 4 days of of 7, gets a huge amount of shopping delivered every second week, gets furniture delivered whether it's fridges, washers or general dpd, but doesn't work. For the life of me I don't know where she finds the money. The d ope alone would mean a second job.

All over

Here we go again. Ignore the plight of the many, use the tabloid tactics to divert from the issues.

yumsville

"Here we go again. Ignore the plight of the many, use the tabloid tactics to divert from the issues. "

I'm reasonably chilled, all the time. I just open my windows

By *erence IIMan  over a year ago

Irrelevant

"There's a mum of one that lives near me. She gets we ed delivered minimum 4 days of of 7, gets a huge amount of shopping delivered every second week, gets furniture delivered whether it's fridges, washers or general dpd, but doesn't work. For the life of me I don't know where she finds the money. The d ope alone would mean a second job. "

Has the cost of living crises affected the price of w**d then? Struggling to understand what point you're trying to make?

yumsville

"There's a mum of one that lives near me. She gets we ed delivered minimum 4 days of of 7, gets a huge amount of shopping delivered every second week, gets furniture delivered whether it's fridges, washers or general dpd, but doesn't work. For the life of me I don't know where she finds the money. The d ope alone would mean a second job.

Has the cost of living crises affected the price of w**d then? Struggling to understand what point you're trying to make? "

If said woman doesn't work but manages to buy essentials, buy white good along with whichever other discretionary purchases she's making, adding d ope on top of that list, as many times as she's getting it, being out of work, whatever it is she is receiving is covering her expenses pretty well.

All over

As usual a perfectly normal thread to discuss the plight of those in need is highjacked by prejudice against members of society. I have seen it all before. 'Paying my taxes for those unemployed and disabled people and whoever else to get all those benefits'. I am not interested for the few that may not deserve it. I am interested in those that need it and deserve it in their hour of need. It's called having compassion for those in need. I am out, no point replying as will be wasting your time. Open another window and you will be fine. I am alright Jack.

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

"As usual a perfectly normal thread to discuss the plight of those in need is highjacked by prejudice against members of society. I have seen it all before. 'Paying my taxes for those unemployed and disabled people and whoever else to get all those benefits'. I am not interested for the few that may not deserve it. I am interested in those that need it and deserve it in their hour of need. It's called having compassion for those in need. I am out, no point replying as will be wasting your time. Open another window and you will be fine. I am alright Jack. "

You do seem to enjoy telling people what they can post on these forums, you need to understand that people won't always think as you do.

It's not "Hijacking" it's people expressing their own views, whether you like those views or not.....and for the record I don't share those views either, but they have a right to say what they believe.

Energy bills are going down soon.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"There's a mum of one that lives near me. She gets we ed delivered minimum 4 days of of 7, gets a huge amount of shopping delivered every second week, gets furniture delivered whether it's fridges, washers or general dpd, but doesn't work. For the life of me I don't know where she finds the money. The d ope alone would mean a second job. "

What's that got to do with the cost of living crisis?

By *andyrod1Man  over a year ago

St Margaret's at Cliffe

A lot of people are getting rich from this crisis, energy companies profits are booming, the supermarkets will post big profits and no doubt city bankers and speculators will also be doing rather nicely, meanwhile, people are going hungry, families are choosing heating or eating and working people are still having to use food banks.

There is something wrong in this world, there is no room for kindness and compassion any more, money and ever increasing profit is the order of the day, how do we change this? It certainly will not be via any of the current political parties.

Scunthorpe

"Energy bills are going down soon."

I suspect they'll never go back to where they were

"Energy bills are going down soon.

I suspect they'll never go back to where they were "

Much like petrol and Freddo's.

By *erence IIMan  over a year ago

Irrelevant

"There's a mum of one that lives near me. She gets we ed delivered minimum 4 days of of 7, gets a huge amount of shopping delivered every second week, gets furniture delivered whether it's fridges, washers or general dpd, but doesn't work. For the life of me I don't know where she finds the money. The d ope alone would mean a second job.

Has the cost of living crises affected the price of w**d then? Struggling to understand what point you're trying to make?

If said woman doesn't work but manages to buy essentials, buy white good along with whichever other discretionary purchases she's making, adding d ope on top of that list, as many times as she's getting it, being out of work, whatever it is she is receiving is covering her expenses pretty well. "

OK, what does that have to do with the cost of living crises? Are you suggesting that because one woman in your neighbourhood is able to afford the things she wants there is no cost of living crises for the rest of the country?

yumsville

If said woman doesn't work but manages to buy essentials, buy white good along with whichever other discretionary purchases she's making, adding d ope on top of that list, as many times as she's getting it, being out of work, whatever it is she is receiving is covering her expenses pretty well.

OK, what does that have to do with the cost of living crises? Are you suggesting that because one woman in your neighbourhood is able to afford the things she wants there is no cost of living crises for the rest of the country? "

Can you explain how someone out of work, with no family, husband or significant other is able not only to buy the things she wants but have added extras of 4x we ed a week if there is one.

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

People like Kropotkin were writing about the use of 'crises' to justify shittier deals a century ago.

Now we have had 20 years of crises and they don't even need to make an effort anymore: it's just 'cost of living'. May as well just say stfu peasants: take what you are given and like it.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Chancellor said today he supports more interest rate rises even if it pushes uk into recession,that’s on top of highest tax rises in 70 years.

Govt also warned over prospects of recession.

Tories and their brexit both keep giving

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 26/05/23 20:01:44]

yumsville

"Chancellor said today he supports more interest rate rises even if it pushes uk into recession,that’s on top of highest tax rises in 70 years.

Govt also warned over prospects of recession.

Tories and their brexit both keep giving "

Strange too as the IMF only a few days earlier announced the UK is not heading toward a recession this year, giving an upward revision to the UK's growth forecast - from -0.3 to +0.4, though I think this was a day before inflation data was released...

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple  over a year ago

wonderland.

OK, what does that have to do with the cost of living crises? Are you suggesting that because one woman in your neighbourhood is able to afford the things she wants there is no cost of living crises for the rest of the country?

Can you explain how someone out of work, with no family, husband or significant other is able not only to buy the things she wants but have added extras of 4x we ed a week if there is one.

"

how do you know she doesn't work. When my kids were little I used to do the text lines when they were in bed. From tarot to sex lines. Loved it as it was silent. I never had to leave the house and I earnt quite a lot. I also did site admin and ran an online sex shop..

However loads assumed I didn't work.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"

How do you know she’s out of work?

There are many jobs that can now be done remotely or part time… are you stalking her and following her 24/7?

yumsville

how do you know she doesn't work. When my kids were little I used to do the text lines when they were in bed. From tarot to sex lines. Loved it as it was silent. I never had to leave the house and I earnt quite a lot. I also did site admin and ran an online sex shop..

However loads assumed I didn't work. "

I understand the whole wfh, it's nothing new. Even if she did (which she doesn't), the amount she buys along with general increase in price of goods would mean she'd have to be raking it in, which she's not.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple  over a year ago

wonderland.

However loads assumed I didn't work.

I understand the whole wfh, it's nothing new. Even if she did (which she doesn't), the amount she buys along with general increase in price of goods would mean she'd have to be raking it in, which she's not. "

I've just had a new washer, cooker, tumble dryer and various other smaller house items. Used my home insurance as they all were covered.

Perhaps some of the children are disabled or special needs... you don't know.

Scunthorpe

"Energy bills are going down soon.

I suspect they'll never go back to where they were

Much like petrol and Freddo's. "

Not enough is said about the ever growing cost of Freddos. What was once a staple of the British diet has now become the reserve of the upper classes.

I'm fed up in general.

Fed up of the government blaming every 'crisis' as a reason people are struggling to survive.

Fed up of the rich getting richer and the poverty line rapidly increasing.

Fed up of people pointing the finger at each other and playing into media propaganda.

Fed up of living in a country where the elite have free rein and the little people having consequences.

Fed up of people moaning about the state of the country and then ticking that same blue box on election day.

Yeah just over it all.

» Add a new message to this topic