FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Newbie advice please

Newbie advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *evongent23 OP   Man  over a year ago

exeter

Hi All,

I've joined the site about a week ago, and have uploaded a few photos to my profile. What's the best way to get to know people please? I've sent quite a few messages, received the odd reply (well, very few responses)...and I have received a couple new messages. And obviously what I'm sending out in the first place is very polite!

But people are very sporadic in their replies (even the people that messaged me in the first place). Now I'm sure that we are all randy fuckers in here, and everyone is messaging everyone (well messaging everyone except me it seems!), so people are going to take a while to reply (especially as everyone is working!).

That said, it seems like a bit of a chicken and egg problem where nobody wants to talk to you unless you're verified, and you can't get verified without meeting people.

I totally appreciate that this is like any social circle where you have to spend time 'in the room with people' before they will get comfortable and start chatting to you, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong please?

Any advice would be gratefully received, and if it's because my profile is shockingly bad, pleeease tell me via private message

Thanks in advance,

Jay x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Hi All,

I've joined the site about a week ago, and have uploaded a few photos to my profile. What's the best way to get to know people please? I've sent quite a few messages, received the odd reply (well, very few responses)...and I have received a couple new messages. And obviously what I'm sending out in the first place is very polite!

But people are very sporadic in their replies (even the people that messaged me in the first place). Now I'm sure that we are all randy fuckers in here, and everyone is messaging everyone (well messaging everyone except me it seems!), so people are going to take a while to reply (especially as everyone is working!).

That said, it seems like a bit of a chicken and egg problem where nobody wants to talk to you unless you're verified, and you can't get verified without meeting people.

I totally appreciate that this is like any social circle where you have to spend time 'in the room with people' before they will get comfortable and start chatting to you, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong please?

Any advice would be gratefully received, and if it's because my profile is shockingly bad, pleeease tell me via private message

Thanks in advance,

Jay x"

don't worry about veries only people inforums will make a point of banging on endlessly about veries but they are unimportant or if you're bothered about them go to a local club, for the most part nobody worries about veries

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Veris are important because they show you are who you say you are. Try going to a local swingers club, chat to people and politely ask if they could verify you

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Get yourself to a club or a group social.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

OP, welcome to fab and welcome to the forums! If you do a forum search on this topic you’ll find roughly 8 gazillion threads with the same question. You’re not the first and certainly won’t be the last!

You’ll probably be advised to lose the first two pictures, they show more of some random woman than they do of you. And it appears you do already have a veri. But if you’re talking about in person, as others have suggested - get to a club or a social event near you (look in the forum for meets and parties).

As for messaging and meets, leave your expectations at the door. Men outnumber women on this site by about 10 gazillion to one so you need to message the right woman in the right way on the right day. Chances are slim, but stay positive, keep at it and you’ll find someone.

Be prepared for weeks or months of this. It is not unusual.

Enjoy and good luck!

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

When you send a messsge you aren’t just sending that messsge, you are inviting someone to look at your pics and your profile.

So all 3 have to be good…not just one. They are all part of your shop window.

You have action shots on a single guys profile and a close up cock pic in your profile - those alone would mean we wouldn’t reply. Your profile is a standard guys profile - unfortunately guys have to stand out.

If you think that’s how best to sell you then go for it.

K

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Ignore the post above that says veris aren't important. Believe you me every couple we know check and read verifications before messaging. A lot of couples will also get recommendations from other couples when looking for a guy to meet because it saves you doing all the 'work' of filtering out the nutters when someone as already done it all for you.

Go to a club with no anticipation of meeting and just chat to people. Ask the staff to leave you a verification as well as people you chat with. Then be patient and eventually the fun will start

By *ootyfruityCouple  over a year ago

andover

Try going to clubs or social events, they have a meets and events section on the home screen. This would be a great way to get to know people and receive verifications

» Add a new message to this topic