FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What we need...

What we need...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I have been noticing recently quite a few people posting about the difficulties they are having with finding others of like mind. It has struck me that what we really need is some kind of method to help folk get in touch with each other. Perhaps there could be a magazine or even just a pamphlet where contributors could write a few words about themselves and describe the types of person they would like to meet, this could be sold in newsagents. I suppose that it would be best to restrict its sale to adults only though, so it would have to be placed on a high shelf. I think that I would call this pamphlet a "contact magazine" because it helps people contact each other.

In this modern age, the principle could be extended into creating a "web site" or even a telephonic communications application. This would expedite further interaction both before and after meeting up. Photographs might possibly be exhanged and there could be a limited form of conversation through the medium of text based messages.

What do others think about this idea?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 23/05/23 10:45:40]

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Nah, it'd never work...

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

How do I get my pamphlet into the telephone?

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm not 6' tall and would therefore require a step ladder to reach the top shelf for me to seek the 'less lofty' petite/pixie women.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

It'll never catch on. Crazy talk

By *ansoffateMan  over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Who needs felt experience when we can simply live in each others imaginations.

A splendid idea, I can't see how it could possibly fail. It will have people coming back for more.

Hmmm perhaps introducing some form of paywall, once we have people hooked on the dopamine buzz, could be profitable.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Who needs felt experience when we can simply live in each others imaginations.

A splendid idea, I can't see how it could possibly fail. It will have people coming back for more.

Hmmm perhaps introducing some form of paywall, once we have people hooked on the dopamine buzz, could be profitable."

Even more crazy talk. You'd have people all over the place getting all unnecessary with words and pictures!

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

This is an excellent idea, Polly. I've also been mulling an idea whereby we send messages electronically rather than posting letters. It's tricky, but I think it could work. Perhaps I could put such a facility on one of those "web sites" you mention?

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Who needs felt experience when we can simply live in each others imaginations."

As it happens, I know where you can get felt.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who needs felt experience when we can simply live in each others imaginations.

As it happens, I know where you can get felt. "

Ahem. Where? My friend wants to know, obvs

"

What do others think about this idea?"

You'd never catch me in one of those things

By *aggonerMan  over a year ago

for a penny

It’s an I’ll-thought out scheme.

Firstly, the women would hog the space, few men would take it up so there would be squabbling over potential dates.

Someone would surely get the idea of promoting their ideas or offering silly subjects for discussion, leaving less space for the dating aspect.

You would need volunteers to monitor proceedings and who wants to get involved with that?

Stick to the present scheme. If it ain’t broke …..

In

for a penny

"I'm not 6' tall and would therefore require a step ladder to reach the top shelf for me to seek the 'less lofty' petite/pixie women."

You could ask a taller person to reach it for you. You’re not interested in tall people so you won’t mind what they think.

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere only we know

How in the goddamn am I gonna reach that from the top shelf?

for a penny

See above?

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

"I have been noticing recently quite a few people posting about the difficulties they are having with finding others of like mind. It has struck me that what we really need is some kind of method to help folk get in touch with each other. Perhaps there could be a magazine or even just a pamphlet where contributors could write a few words about themselves and describe the types of person they would like to meet, this could be sold in newsagents. I suppose that it would be best to restrict its sale to adults only though, so it would have to be placed on a high shelf. I think that I would call this pamphlet a "contact magazine" because it helps people contact each other.

In this modern age, the principle could be extended into creating a "web site" or even a telephonic communications application. This would expedite further interaction both before and after meeting up. Photographs might possibly be exhanged and there could be a limited form of conversation through the medium of text based messages.

What do others think about this idea?"

Brilliant idea, could make a website & call it 'Fabswingers'.

I’m sorry but I don’t think it’ll work. “Web sites” are for companies to hawk their wares, like the startup called Amazon that sells books. (True story - my first purchase on Amazon was when it was an online bookshop in 1996). People will never use a web site to look for friends.

We can create a chat forum on Compuserve or America Online (AOL) perhaps.

M

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"I have been noticing recently quite a few people posting about the difficulties they are having with finding others of like mind. It has struck me that what we really need is some kind of method to help folk get in touch with each other. Perhaps there could be a magazine or even just a pamphlet where contributors could write a few words about themselves and describe the types of person they would like to meet, this could be sold in newsagents. I suppose that it would be best to restrict its sale to adults only though, so it would have to be placed on a high shelf. I think that I would call this pamphlet a "contact magazine" because it helps people contact each other.

What do others think about this idea?

Brilliant idea, could make a website & call it 'Fabswingers'."

I was thinking more along the lines that the "contacts pamphlet" would help like-minded people slide into each others lives, and that if it takes off it could become legendary. Perhaps call it "leg sliders"?

» Add a new message to this topic