FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Work stress

Work stress

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Monday tomorrow and already having anxiety about going in

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Sorry to read this. What's making you anxious?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wish I could have a day up to build up anxiety

But seriously I hope you’re ok OP

"Sorry to read this. What's making you anxious?"
knowing the N.I.C (nurse in charge) that is in tomorrow has made it clear she does not like me. And will make my day hell

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Sorry to read this. What's making you anxious? knowing the N.I.C (nurse in charge) that is in tomorrow has made it clear she does not like me. And will make my day hell"

Do you know why she doesn't like you ? Is it that you don't carry out specific tasks or not the way it should be done. Do you crack inappropriate jokes during handover, regularly late......or just a personality clash ?

By *ittlemiss1985Woman  over a year ago

Lansing

Gah I'm going thru the same thing. Went from a shit department head (who was forced to quit after getting caught smoking pot at work twice) to now a shitty micro-managing manager.

"Sorry to read this. What's making you anxious? knowing the N.I.C (nurse in charge) that is in tomorrow has made it clear she does not like me. And will make my day hell

Do you know why she doesn't like you ? Is it that you don't carry out specific tasks or not the way it should be done. Do you crack inappropriate jokes during handover, regularly late......or just a personality clash ?"

just clash she don't like it as I made a safe guarding issue against one of her fav members of staff.

"Gah I'm going thru the same thing. Went from a shit department head (who was forced to quit after getting caught smoking pot at work twice) to now a shitty micro-managing manager."
had one of them I moved departments

Kidsgrove

"Sorry to read this. What's making you anxious? knowing the N.I.C (nurse in charge) that is in tomorrow has made it clear she does not like me. And will make my day hell

Do you know why she doesn't like you ? Is it that you don't carry out specific tasks or not the way it should be done. Do you crack inappropriate jokes during handover, regularly late......or just a personality clash ? just clash she don't like it as I made a safe guarding issue against one of her fav members of staff."

Ah right, not sure that can ever be resolved. It shouldn't be that way but in reality that's how some people tick. Can you request a move to a different unit/ward ? You shouldn't have to, but it is what it is

Do you know why she doesn't like you ? Is it that you don't carry out specific tasks or not the way it should be done. Do you crack inappropriate jokes during handover, regularly late......or just a personality clash ? just clash she don't like it as I made a safe guarding issue against one of her fav members of staff.

Ah right, not sure that can ever be resolved. It shouldn't be that way but in reality that's how some people tick. Can you request a move to a different unit/ward ? You shouldn't have to, but it is what it is "

I'm gonna I think mean sitting here thinking about it is panicking me

Kidsgrove

Do you know why she doesn't like you ? Is it that you don't carry out specific tasks or not the way it should be done. Do you crack inappropriate jokes during handover, regularly late......or just a personality clash ? just clash she don't like it as I made a safe guarding issue against one of her fav members of staff.

Ah right, not sure that can ever be resolved. It shouldn't be that way but in reality that's how some people tick. Can you request a move to a different unit/ward ? You shouldn't have to, but it is what it is I'm gonna I think mean sitting here thinking about it is panicking me"

It's wrong, but it's not worth it affecting your life both in work and home.

Ah right, not sure that can ever be resolved. It shouldn't be that way but in reality that's how some people tick. Can you request a move to a different unit/ward ? You shouldn't have to, but it is what it is I'm gonna I think mean sitting here thinking about it is panicking me

It's wrong, but it's not worth it affecting your life both in work and home. "

v v true

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You've moved department once, maybe you could do so again

"You've moved department once, maybe you could do so again"
I am gonna ask hr

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You've moved department once, maybe you could do so again I am gonna ask hr"

Maybe voice your concerns about the person too.

"You've moved department once, maybe you could do so again I am gonna ask hr

Maybe voice your concerns about the person too. "

I know she has so many complaints made against her she used the race card at that particular time

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

I used to dread Mondays until 6 years ago when I went self employed. Haven't looked back since and I look forward to Mondays now. Some managers are bastards.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Maybe voice your concerns about the person too. I know she has so many complaints made against her she used the race card at that particular time"

Sounds like your HR department are incredibly indiscreet . Moving in s probably your best bet

"I used to dread Mondays until 6 years ago when I went self employed. Haven't looked back since and I look forward to Mondays now. Some managers are bastards."
yeah they are

Maybe voice your concerns about the person too. I know she has so many complaints made against her she used the race card at that particular time

Sounds like your HR department are incredibly indiscreet . Moving in s probably your best bet"

they are incompetent. If I didn't love my job I would go

By *eonMan  over a year ago

Berwick-upon-Tweed

You definitely need to try and move departments. Nobody should be feeling like that the day before work.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Maybe voice your concerns about the person too. I know she has so many complaints made against her she used the race card at that particular time

Sounds like your HR department are incredibly indiscreet . Moving in s probably your best bet they are incompetent. If I didn't love my job I would go"

Some HR depts are. They're just there to tick boxes

Sounds like your HR department are incredibly indiscreet . Moving in s probably your best bet they are incompetent. If I didn't love my job I would go

Some HR depts are. They're just there to tick boxes "

mine can't even do that

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Sorry to read this. What's making you anxious? knowing the N.I.C (nurse in charge) that is in tomorrow has made it clear she does not like me. And will make my day hell"
. From November 2015 - November 2021 by manager and I did not get on mostly over a 2 hour job role that I did for her.As far as I am concerned she had a lack of respect , appreciation and understanding and eventually I stopped attending team Christmas meal and team bonding exercises.When she tried to reduce my time to one hour I email her asking to step down from the role.At the meeting it was a case of I am the best person for the role but you don’t need two hours.In the end the office manager got involved and it was agreed that I would have my 2 hours.In November 2021 I joined a new team but was to continue doing the 2 hour role.In April 2022 I had some health issues and I refused to go back to the two hour role.My old manager is not happy with the person doing do my old role and has asked me to return but the answer she got from me was a firm no.

When you feel like this, it's usually time to move on as work stress can make you unwell. If you have issues with staff members don't go to HR, HR work for the company not for you. Their job is to sweep everything under the rug and protect any 'claims' from surfacing, especially bullying ones. If your place has a staff support service, talk to them for advice as they are unbiased. Just remember we spend too much time at work to be miserable there, hope you're okay OP

"When you feel like this, it's usually time to move on as work stress can make you unwell. If you have issues with staff members don't go to HR, HR work for the company not for you. Their job is to sweep everything under the rug and protect any 'claims' from surfacing, especially bullying ones. If your place has a staff support service, talk to them for advice as they are unbiased. Just remember we spend too much time at work to be miserable there, hope you're okay OP "
I will be

"When you feel like this, it's usually time to move on as work stress can make you unwell. If you have issues with staff members don't go to HR, HR work for the company not for you. Their job is to sweep everything under the rug and protect any 'claims' from surfacing, especially bullying ones. If your place has a staff support service, talk to them for advice as they are unbiased. Just remember we spend too much time at work to be miserable there, hope you're okay OP "

Sorry, but I work in HR at a Senior level, and I may be employed by the company, but I will back any of the employees 100%, even against the company. I’m there to support the people, make things better for them, certainly not brush things under the carpet.

I do agree that if you’re unable to separate work/life and it’s affecting health, then you should take a step back or find something new.

Mrs

If a transfer isn't forthcoming, start keeping a note with dates/times, a diary of sorts, of events, conversations etc. It's not pleasant to do but can be evidence if needs be of what's going on. Sometimes individual incidents don't seem like much but keeping a note enables you to build a picture over a period of time.

Also check out the grievance policy and any policies relating to bullying etc.

It's a horrible, horrible way to feel and I hope you get it resolved quickly x

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Be extra nice t her whenever she is working and no matter how crappy she is making you feel, she will soon get bored of making you life hell.

If you work for NHS you should be able to speak to so_eone about bullying and freedom to speak up.

"Be extra nice t her whenever she is working and no matter how crappy she is making you feel, she will soon get bored of making you life hell."

Unless she is a narcissist then she will never get bored of holding power over somebody.

After reading the comments, I agree that you should have a chat with HR - especially because of the way things are affecting your mental health

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks.some great advice I will tackle it tomorrow if I get the chance. Once again thank you all op

"When you feel like this, it's usually time to move on as work stress can make you unwell. If you have issues with staff members don't go to HR, HR work for the company not for you. Their job is to sweep everything under the rug and protect any 'claims' from surfacing, especially bullying ones. If your place has a staff support service, talk to them for advice as they are unbiased. Just remember we spend too much time at work to be miserable there, hope you're okay OP

Sorry, but I work in HR at a Senior level, and I may be employed by the company, but I will back any of the employees 100%, even against the company. I’m there to support the people, make things better for them, certainly not brush things under the carpet.

I do agree that if you’re unable to separate work/life and it’s affecting health, then you should take a step back or find something new. It's not that I can't im not allowed. I get phone cals as lat as 10pm asking me silly questions. And when I'm in I'm ask to do other tasks that I'm not meant to be doing

Mrs "

If you work for NHS you should be able to speak to so_eone about bullying and freedom to speak up."

I work for a private mental health hospital that has NHS patients

"After reading the comments, I agree that you should have a chat with HR - especially because of the way things are affecting your mental health "
I will do

By *oco_marsWoman  over a year ago

Stockport

Sorry that the N.I.C is making you so uncomfortable at work, you should see how tomorrow plays out and speak to HR if you can. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly.

My retail manager made us all uneasy before she left really, we just got on with our jobs and didn't really respond to any negativity but I know that's easier said than done sometimes

"Sorry that the N.I.C is making you so uncomfortable at work, you should see how tomorrow plays out and speak to HR if you can. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly.

My retail manager made us all uneasy before she left really, we just got on with our jobs and didn't really respond to any negativity but I know that's easier said than done sometimes "

That's what I am gonna do

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

"Be extra nice t her whenever she is working and no matter how crappy she is making you feel, she will soon get bored of making you life hell.

Unless she is a narcissist then she will never get bored of holding power over somebody. "

Glass half full then

By *arkOblivionMan  over a year ago

glendora

Sometimes all you need is a good wank or some good sex

» Add a new message to this topic