FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bulgarian holiday

Bulgarian holiday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *6996 OP   Man  over a year ago

Weston Super Mare

Has anyone been to Bulgaria for a holiday. If so would you recommend it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it’s one of those marmite places. You’ll either love it or loathe it.

I went once, albeit many years ago so I don’t know how it’s changed.

I hated it from day one, and arranged a flight home straight away.

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

I really really didn't like it. Fine if you are inland for a cheap ski holiday in Winter but the coast, no. There's not overly much to see either i thought.

Plus they've made a TV show of d*unken antics in Sunny Beach haven't they?.... that pretty much sums it up.

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Done Sunny Beach a few times.

If you’re looking for cheap as chips, nice beach and not much else then you can’t really go wrong.

Steer clear of flower street, that’s where the d*unken series was filmed. It’s like Playas Las Americas in Tenerife, or Magaluf, only more shit!

Nessebar is the gorgeous old town with beautiful shops and awesome restaurants, Khans rent worth booking for a night out too.

We’ve been to obzor and tsarevo before, obzor is ok but basic, the town has a really good restaurant but that’s about it, tsarevo is a really nice town and well worth a visit!

By *hillenCouple  over a year ago

Borehamwood

I was there on a cricket tour (yes, it's true!)just before Covid. Stayed in Sofia which was a bit of a dump. The old capital Plovdiv was worth a visit though as were the mountains. An issue was communication with non English speakers, finding their Cyrillic alphabet impossible to pronounce. Doubtless if you go to Sunny Beach there would be no issue.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We had 2 weeks at Sunny Beach in August 2018 and the weather was unbelievable, clear blue sky (not even a bit of cloud) and 30c every day. You get a bit more for your money there too. Yes, we'd recommend it (particularly the Piccadilly Bar)

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I went to Sofia for a couple of nights.

Wasn't much to do, and the taxi drivers often blamed me for not being able to navigate them to my hotel

Not somewhere I would rush back for a holiday.

Consider Varna though. Great for beaches.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We went August 2019 stayed in Sunny Beach & had a fantastic holiday!! Khan’s Tent was amazing & we visited Nessebar, Pomerie, Sozopol, did a jeep “safari”. We would go back in a flash. There are some useful pages on FB & highly recommend bg-taxi dot com for trips.

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"We went August 2019 stayed in Sunny Beach & had a fantastic holiday!! Khan’s Tent was amazing & we visited Nessebar, Pomerie, Sozopol, did a jeep “safari”. We would go back in a flash. There are some useful pages on FB & highly recommend bg-taxi dot com for trips. "

How bloody good is Khans tent!?! We were blown away by the entertainment, food and hospitality!

Chams or Socials

"We went August 2019 stayed in Sunny Beach & had a fantastic holiday!! Khan’s Tent was amazing & we visited Nessebar, Pomerie, Sozopol, did a jeep “safari”. We would go back in a flash. There are some useful pages on FB & highly recommend bg-taxi dot com for trips.

How bloody good is Khans tent!?! We were blown away by the entertainment, food and hospitality!"

We went on our eldest’s 18th birthday & were blown away!!! Totally amazing experience

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

We went to Sunny Beach for a week or so and just spent it lounging by the pool or beach. It was lovely We were quite a ways from the nightclubs though which probably helped.

LvM

Personally it was the worst holiday I've ever been on but it was sunny at least.

By *xxLandNxxxCouple  over a year ago

Nuneaton

We’re going this year staying in nessebar, we tend to make our own mind up as we love Benidorm but that’s also not everyone’s cup of tea.

Chams or Socials

"We’re going this year staying in nessebar, we tend to make our own mind up as we love Benidorm but that’s also not everyone’s cup of tea. "

Nessebar as a location can be misleading - but if you go to the old town look for Michael’s Eco Bar. It’s hidden away & looks like the front of a house but OMG!! It is stunning, like a cave with a waterfall in the garden

By *xxLandNxxxCouple  over a year ago

Nuneaton

"We’re going this year staying in nessebar, we tend to make our own mind up as we love Benidorm but that’s also not everyone’s cup of tea.

Nessebar as a location can be misleading - but if you go to the old town look for Michael’s Eco Bar. It’s hidden away & looks like the front of a house but OMG!! It is stunning, like a cave with a waterfall in the garden"

We’re on a family holiday so chose messenger as it looked a little quieter, but thanks for the tip will def go take a look x

» Add a new message to this topic