FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Going out on your own

Going out on your own

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *stella OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

Do you do it? How do you find it?

I’m out on my own tonight but assessing who is about (random people) who I can talk to, wish me luck!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostindreamsMan  over a year ago

London

Going out meaning? To clubs? Or just going out alone to do random stuff like films/restaurants etc?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like going out on my own, ideally sit there with a drink and people watch.

London

"Going out meaning? To clubs? Or just going out alone to do random stuff like films/restaurants etc?"

Out out.

I’ve gone to a local bar/club.

By *hrek101Man  over a year ago

Herts

All the time or I would never go anywhere

London

"I like going out on my own, ideally sit there with a drink and people watch."

This is me currently, but I want to try and meet some people. So need to push through a little. In a non-creepy way!!

"Going out meaning? To clubs? Or just going out alone to do random stuff like films/restaurants etc?

Out out.

I’ve gone to a local bar/club. "

Beautiful evening for it, ideally facing out on to the river!

London

"All the time or I would never go anywhere "

Are you good at approaching people?

London

"Going out meaning? To clubs? Or just going out alone to do random stuff like films/restaurants etc?

Out out.

I’ve gone to a local bar/club.

Beautiful evening for it, ideally facing out on to the river!"

Not by the river but am sitting in the sunshine. There was a woman here DJ-ing a week or so back who I really fancied and chatted up - half hoping she may be here later.

Herts

"All the time or I would never go anywhere

Are you good at approaching people?"

I am but only in a friendly, chatty way not if they are attractive, attractive people scare me ....and I them

London

I am but only in a friendly, chatty way not if they are attractive, attractive people scare me ....and I them"

Yeah I get that! I don’t think I scare anyone tho, I’m quite gentle and smiley.

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

*Walks in bar*

Do you come here often?

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I go out during the day on my own and happy to go to a pub etc. Don't in the evening because I like my sofa and comfies too much. It's takes a special person/people to get me out after bedtime

By *aximum_funMan  over a year ago

West Herts

Going out by myself is not my natural state at all so post divorce I've been forcing myself to do it - every other week to live music at a local pub, even to Ab Fabs.

I feel socially awkward doing it but I kind of think, fake it until you make it!

Manchester | London

"I go out during the day on my own and happy to go to a pub etc. Don't in the evening because I like my sofa and comfies too much. It's takes a special person/people to get me out after bedtime "

Going to and from work doesn’t count

London

"*Walks in bar*

Do you come here often?

"

Yay! Wish you had!

London

"I go out during the day on my own and happy to go to a pub etc. Don't in the evening because I like my sofa and comfies too much. It's takes a special person/people to get me out after bedtime "

Ha! That’s fair.

London

"Going out by myself is not my natural state at all so post divorce I've been forcing myself to do it - every other week to live music at a local pub, even to Ab Fabs.

I feel socially awkward doing it but I kind of think, fake it until you make it!"

Yeah it’s good to push out of our comfort zone. I’m in the mood to connect with people but no one to see tonight - so thought what the heck?

Herts

I am but only in a friendly, chatty way not if they are attractive, attractive people scare me ....and I them

Yeah I get that! I don’t think I scare anyone tho, I’m quite gentle and smiley. "

Lol you already chatted up the DJ sounds like you are very comfortable. I would NEVER go out and chat anyone up, no intentionally at least.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

i wish you luck _stella lovely smiley face,, but be safe

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

I was better at it when younger than now. Not as comfortable to go out on my own but ok when I get there and someone talks I can easily engage.

London

Lol you already chatted up the DJ sounds like you are very comfortable. I would NEVER go out and chat anyone up, no intentionally at least. "

Really? Why’s that?

I was operating from a base of a couple of friends so easy to venture out on my own and people to return to if needed last time. Doing it solo tonight, bit nerve wracking but good practice. We shall see!

London

"i wish you luck _stella lovely smiley face,, but be safe"

That’s fair. I will be.

London

"I was better at it when younger than now. Not as comfortable to go out on my own but ok when I get there and someone talks I can easily engage. "

Yeah it’s making that first move to enter other people’s space that’s hard.

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

"I was better at it when younger than now. Not as comfortable to go out on my own but ok when I get there and someone talks I can easily engage.

Yeah it’s making that first move to enter other people’s space that’s hard. "

Yes, just that Hope you have a fab time

London

"I was better at it when younger than now. Not as comfortable to go out on my own but ok when I get there and someone talks I can easily engage.

Yeah it’s making that first move to enter other people’s space that’s hard.

Yes, just that Hope you have a fab time "

Well whilst I’m still on here you’ll know I’m still a bit shy!!

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Do you do it? How do you find it?

I’m out on my own tonight but assessing who is about (random people) who I can talk to, wish me luck!! "

. I don’t go out too much but I find when I go to the local pub to watch the football I go by myself but usually find someone there to talk about the game.I sometimes go to a Kervan restaurant by myself for a meal as that is harder as everyone is coupled up or in groups but it is what it is

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Young me not on your nelly. Couldn’t even walk into a pub on my own even if my mates were in there.

Old me if I am away on a course etc then no problem. I go out on my own in the village I live but know people when I go to the pubs so doesn’t count.

London

I’m out on my own tonight but assessing who is about (random people) who I can talk to, wish me luck!! . I don’t go out too much but I find when I go to the local pub to watch the football I go by myself but usually find someone there to talk about the game.I sometimes go to a Kervan restaurant by myself for a meal as that is harder as everyone is coupled up or in groups but it is what it is "

Yeah I can imagine having a shared purpose helps the conversation flow (the game).

London

"Young me not on your nelly. Couldn’t even walk into a pub on my own even if my mates were in there.

Old me if I am away on a course etc then no problem. I go out on my own in the village I live but know people when I go to the pubs so doesn’t count. "

It’s funny how our confidence grows/or disregard for what people might think ebbs as we get older!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I did it all the time when I was away travelling, but that's when I used to drink, it was easy to chat to people in bars and clubs, or on the dance floor.

I go to gigs on my own now, but it's rare I chat to anyone.

London

"I did it all the time when I was away travelling, but that's when I used to drink, it was easy to chat to people in bars and clubs, or on the dance floor.

I go to gigs on my own now, but it's rare I chat to anyone. "

Yeah alcohol helps as a settler!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Loads of times on my own dressed as Steph or male mode, doesn’t bother me that much. I wouldn’t say I’m the most outgoing person either, dressed in a club I’m a bit more smiley and friendly but I still find it hard to meet someone to have a casual conversation.

As my male self I’m more content in certain places cinemas, pubs or restaurants as I often used to have to do it with work. Turn up in some city and after work away from the hotel go and get something to eat or watch the big match at some pub.

Must admit it’s easier due to my age I wasn’t as confident when I was younger.

London

"Loads of times on my own dressed as Steph or male mode, doesn’t bother me that much. I wouldn’t say I’m the most outgoing person either, dressed in a club I’m a bit more smiley and friendly but I still find it hard to meet someone to have a casual conversation.

As my male self I’m more content in certain places cinemas, pubs or restaurants as I often used to have to do it with work. Turn up in some city and after work away from the hotel go and get something to eat or watch the big match at some pub.

Must admit it’s easier due to my age I wasn’t as confident when I was younger. "

Yeah I think I give less fucks now, for sure!!

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

i go out by myself.

its only a state of mind, look at it as facing the enemy.

By *enriette and SamCouple  over a year ago

can i ask you a question

I don’t get the opportunity to go out alone.

Not sure how I’d cope to be honest Estella

If you spot anyone wearing yellow shoes they will be friendly and great conversationalists

London

"i go out by myself.

"

I’m actually very comfortable. Being out and by myself. I’m just setting myself the challenge of meeting/talking to someone/s new - that’s the push factor.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

I uses to go out for dinner/drinks, date myself occasionally on my own a few yrs ago. Now my confidence has gone, I don't go out much.

London

"I don’t get the opportunity to go out alone.

If you spot anyone wearing yellow shoes they will be friendly and great conversationalists "

Wish you were here, Sam.

London

"

I uses to go out for dinner/drinks, date myself occasionally on my own a few yrs ago. Now my confidence has gone, I don't go out much.

"

Well if you ever fancy a drink out in London and want a mate, let me know.

By *ellaseasWoman  over a year ago

catch me if you can

I do. I quite happily will go to the pub, or a bar for a drink alone, and I will take myself out for food.

London

"I do. I quite happily will go to the pub, or a bar for a drink alone, and I will take myself out for food. "

It’s quite liberating.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would be happy to go to a pub in a strange town in my own. Trouble is you get all the weirdos talking to you.

In my home town you always know there's going to be someone in the pub you know

Herts

Lol you already chatted up the DJ sounds like you are very comfortable. I would NEVER go out and chat anyone up, no intentionally at least.

Really? Why’s that?

I was operating from a base of a couple of friends so easy to venture out on my own and people to return to if needed last time. Doing it solo tonight, bit nerve wracking but good practice. We shall see!"

Why? Cause I'm so shit at it and it scares the shit out of me. Much easier to just chat shit with the old couple next to me.

London

"I would be happy to go to a pub in a strange town in my own. Trouble is you get all the weirdos talking to you.

In my home town you always know there's going to be someone in the pub you know"

I’ve purposely not gone to my work local or home local so I’m not seeing people I may know (even if just the staff).

No weirdos yet. But let’s wait and see!!

Farnborough Hampshire

"i go out by myself.

I’m actually very comfortable. Being out and by myself. I’m just setting myself the challenge of meeting/talking to someone/s new - that’s the push factor. "

then thats for you to arrange. mail someone, time, place, its easy right?

London

Really? Why’s that?

I was operating from a base of a couple of friends so easy to venture out on my own and people to return to if needed last time. Doing it solo tonight, bit nerve wracking but good practice. We shall see!

Why? Cause I'm so shit at it and it scares the shit out of me. Much easier to just chat shit with the old couple next to me."

I think everyone feels a bit awkward, I think about that and do my best to just try and make the other person feel at ease or pay someone a compliment (non-creepy one) so even if they’re not interested they leave the evening feeling flattered and better about themselves. I never have any expectations and do my best to ensure I’m not suffocating in my approach. Incremental conversation rather than arrive and full launch. Let them invite you in further as it were.

can i ask you a question

If you spot anyone wearing yellow shoes they will be friendly and great conversationalists

Wish you were here, Sam. "

Awwww

One of these years we’ll actually manage a meet, I feel it in my soul.

London

"i go out by myself.

I’m actually very comfortable. Being out and by myself. I’m just setting myself the challenge of meeting/talking to someone/s new - that’s the push factor.

then thats for you to arrange. mail someone, time, place, its easy right?"

Oh I guess, yes. I find it more daunting approaching people on here than in real life tho. So I’m probably more comfortable here (at the bar/club) than setting up an impromptu Fab meet.

London

Wish you were here, Sam.

Awwww

One of these years we’ll actually manage a meet, I feel it in my soul."

Oh I’ll be a horrific disappointment. I reckon keeping this love affair as it is is in everyone’s best interests!!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Not out on the town but I go to my local club on my own.

Farnborough Hampshire

"i go out by myself.

Oh I guess, yes. I find it more daunting approaching people on here than in real life tho. So I’m probably more comfortable here (at the bar/club) than setting up an impromptu Fab meet. "

is the thing that worries you the most what the other persons reaction will be when they see you?

that only natural. we all fear inside

London

"Not out on the town but I go to my local club on my own. "

When are we going out?

can i ask you a question

Wish you were here, Sam.

Awwww

Oh I’ll be a horrific disappointment. I reckon keeping this love affair as it is is in everyone’s best interests!! "

Shurrup and get networking.

You’re a strong, outgoing and confident young woman that some lucky strangers are going to be lucky enough to converse with this evening

London

"i go out by myself.

Oh I guess, yes. I find it more daunting approaching people on here than in real life tho. So I’m probably more comfortable here (at the bar/club) than setting up an impromptu Fab meet.

is the thing that worries you the most what the other persons reaction will be when they see you?

that only natural. we all fear inside "

Yep. You nailed it.

London

Wish you were here, Sam.

Awwww

Oh I’ll be a horrific disappointment. I reckon keeping this love affair as it is is in everyone’s best interests!!

You’re a strong, outgoing and confident young woman that some lucky strangers are going to be lucky enough to converse with this evening

"

Thanks Dad.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Not out on the town but I go to my local club on my own.

When are we going out? "

We would have such a ball!

London

"Not out on the town but I go to my local club on my own.

When are we going out?

We would have such a ball! "

Too bloody right!

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Haven't been out on my own for years, and don't know if I would...as I don't drink, so at times the confidence to talk to strangers is not there

London

"Haven't been out on my own for years, and don't know if I would...as I don't drink, so at times the confidence to talk to strangers is not there"

Yeah. We shouldn’t have to rely on alcohol but I do get it.

Manchester | London

"*Walks in bar*

Do you come here often?

Yay! Wish you had!"

PM the details I could do with getting out the house

London

"*Walks in bar*

Do you come here often?

Yay! Wish you had!

PM the details I could do with getting out the house "

I’m all the way in London though!

I do go out on my own and even go on holiday on my own

London

"I do go out on my own and even go on holiday on my own"

That’s next on my hit list to do!

By *iasubTV/TS  over a year ago

Ilkeston

Honestly its the best you get to people watch the whole time

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"Haven't been out on my own for years, and don't know if I would...as I don't drink, so at times the confidence to talk to strangers is not there

Yeah. We shouldn’t have to rely on alcohol but I do get it. "

I haven't drank in 9 years....

Farnborough Hampshire

"i go out by myself.

Yep. You nailed it. "

and thats all it is. a very small fear that stops us doing wonderful things in life. we put it off because of it.

when what we should do is embrace the fear, the sweaty nervous position, the notch in the tummy.

its telling you something, you are alive

London

"Honestly its the best you get to people watch the whole time "

But do you chat to people too?

Manchester | London

"*Walks in bar*

Do you come here often?

Yay! Wish you had!

I’m all the way in London though!"

Occasional travel with work..

London

"Haven't been out on my own for years, and don't know if I would...as I don't drink, so at times the confidence to talk to strangers is not there

Yeah. We shouldn’t have to rely on alcohol but I do get it.

I haven't drank in 9 years...."

Ooooft, well done!

London

"i go out by myself.

Yep. You nailed it.

and thats all it is. a very small fear that stops us doing wonderful things in life. we put it off because of it.

when what we should do is embrace the fear, the sweaty nervous position, the notch in the tummy.

its telling you something, you are alive"

Oh I like that. Very much.

London

"*Walks in bar*

Do you come here often?

Yay! Wish you had!

I’m all the way in London though!

Occasional travel with work.. "

Ahhh - then sure. Why not?

Farnborough Hampshire

"i go out by myself.

Yep. You nailed it.

Oh I like that. Very much. "

you see someone you like, you never mail them because they may have loads of others chasing them. im not her type etc.

but..... how do you know they are not looking at you. she maybe waiting for you to make contact.

are you going to let a little fear prevent you achieving something and meeting the one you wanted?

By *iasubTV/TS  over a year ago

Ilkeston

"Honestly its the best you get to people watch the whole time

But do you chat to people too?"

Nothing more than a hello to be fair

London

"i go out by myself.

Yep. You nailed it.

Oh I like that. Very much.

you see someone you like, you never mail them because they may have loads of others chasing them. im not her type etc.

but..... how do you know they are not looking at you. she maybe waiting for you to make contact.

are you going to let a little fear prevent you achieving something and meeting the one you wanted?

"

You make a good point. I mean I do meet, occasionally!

London

"Honestly its the best you get to people watch the whole time

But do you chat to people too?

Nothing more than a hello to be fair"

That’s nice though.

I go to the cinema on my own, in fact I'm going tomorrow. Done it many times and there's nothing better than enjoying a film with no one pinching your popcorn x

can i ask you a question

Wish you were here, Sam.

Awwww

Thanks Daddy. "

Things just got weird!

London

"I go to the cinema on my own, in fact I'm going tomorrow. Done it many times and there's nothing better than enjoying a film with no one pinching your popcorn x "

Yeah I’m more than happy to do that, I agree!!! What you going to see?

London

Wish you were here, Sam.

Awwww

Thanks Daddy.

Things just got weird!"

Ah ha ha ha. Stop doctoring my post!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Once I've had a couple of drinks I talk to everyone anyway

London

"Once I've had a couple of drinks I talk to everyone anyway "

Yeah, same!!

London

Ooh some people have come to sit with me!

I don't mind going into restaurants, coffee shops etc alone and I enjoy that but I think I'd be too anxious and disinterested going to a bar during a busy evening because I'd much rather do it with good company or just stay in my bed at home.

I'm glad people are chatting to you anyway! I hope you make some lovely new friends.

London

"I don't mind going into restaurants, coffee shops etc alone and I enjoy that but I think I'd be too anxious and disinterested going to a bar during a busy evening because I'd much rather do it with good company or just stay in my bed at home.

I'm glad people are chatting to you anyway! I hope you make some lovely new friends. "

They’re lovely (a work group) - bought me a drink and all! Yay me!

"I go to the cinema on my own, in fact I'm going tomorrow. Done it many times and there's nothing better than enjoying a film with no one pinching your popcorn x

Yeah I’m more than happy to do that, I agree!!! What you going to see?"

FastX. I'm looking forward to it x

London

"I go to the cinema on my own, in fact I'm going tomorrow. Done it many times and there's nothing better than enjoying a film with no one pinching your popcorn x

FastX. I'm looking forward to it x"

Have a wonderful time!

[Removed by poster at 19/05/23 22:29:44]

I used to holiday on my own

I enjoy coffee shops on my own

Restaurants and bars on my own I would find a stretch these days

In the past though, I quite enjoyed going out and wondering if I would go home alone

FastX. I'm looking forward to it x

Have a wonderful time!"

By *oco_marsWoman  over a year ago

Stockport

I've had some weekend trips alone, go to the cinema alone but that's about it really.

London

"I used to holiday on my own

I enjoy coffee shops on my own

Restaurants and bars on my own I would find a stretch these days

In the past though, I quite enjoyed going out and wondering if I would go home alone "

Ooooh you devil! But yes, totally!!

London

"I've had some weekend trips alone, go to the cinema alone but that's about it really. "

I’ve yet to holiday alone but I’d like to.

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Happy to go to clubs on my own

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I've been to socials and clubs alone which was quite daunting.

I actual life, I'll do it if I'm cafe hopping and enjoy people watching with a coffee but other than that, I prefer having company so I don't get FOMO seeing other people with friends, girlfriends, boyfriends etc.

London

"Happy to go to clubs on my own "

Or not.

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Happy to go to clubs on my own

Or not. "

You're always welcome to join me

London

"I've been to socials and clubs alone which was quite daunting.

I actual life, I'll do it if I'm cafe hopping and enjoy people watching with a coffee but other than that, I prefer having company so I don't get FOMO seeing other people with friends, girlfriends, boyfriends etc. "

I get that. Totally.

By *lfacatMan  over a year ago

Cumbria

“I could go out tonight,

But I haven’t got a stitch to wear…”

For Andy Rourke

London

"“I could go out tonight,

But I haven’t got a stitch to wear…”

For Andy Rourke "

By *oco_marsWoman  over a year ago

Stockport

"I've had some weekend trips alone, go to the cinema alone but that's about it really.

I’ve yet to holiday alone but I’d like to. "

UK breaks only so far, I don't trust myself to get home safe from further afield

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I recently went to a performance of Madama Butterfly alone. It was fine but I do prefer company

can i ask you a question

Estella… be sure to give me three rings when you’re home safe.

London

"I've had some weekend trips alone, go to the cinema alone but that's about it really.

I’ve yet to holiday alone but I’d like to.

UK breaks only so far, I don't trust myself to get home safe from further afield "

Fair enough. I want to go abroad on my own.

London

"I recently went to a performance of Madama Butterfly alone. It was fine but I do prefer company"

London

"Estella… be sure to give me three rings when you’re home safe."

Of course Papa Bear.

Love you x

Herts

Loved my holiday on my own recently in Greece

"I do go out on my own and even go on holiday on my own

That’s next on my hit list to do!"

I've booked onto a group holiday around a particular interest of mine ... but have been camping on my own before as well.

can i ask you a question

"Estella… be sure to give me three rings when you’re home safe.

Of course Papa Bear.

Love you x"

You too poppet

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Oh Estella, you're pretty damn brave! I'm glad you had a good night.

I regularly go to cinema/cafés on my own but I don't think I could brave going out out on my own. Been abroad loads of time alone, but that's a different vibe.

Anyway, come on holiday with me. We'll have a ball! Xx

I go to gigs, cinema and lunch by myself. There is a couple of pubs in my town where I'm happy to go to alone too!

Wirral.

"I go to gigs, cinema and lunch by myself. There is a couple of pubs in my town where I'm happy to go to alone too! "

Do you go of an evening? I'll go in the daytime, and read my book or eat but I'm frightened I'll look like Billy No Mates if I go in the evening!x

Similar to many on here - I can mostly do cafes on my own, content in a book, people watching etc, but going out in an evening to meet total strangers is a real struggle.

Having said that, I had to come back from working in age today as could feel some anxiety building so nipped it in bud early.

I’ve managed a couple of solo holidays & city breaks, once I’m in that process I find it easier than an night out .

Wirral.

"Similar to many on here - I can mostly do cafes on my own, content in a book, people watching etc, but going out in an evening to meet total strangers is a real struggle.

Having said that, I had to come back from working in age today as could feel some anxiety building so nipped it in bud early.

I’ve managed a couple of solo holidays & city breaks, once I’m in that process I find it easier than an night out ."

I agree. Holidaying alone is so much less anxiety-inducing than a night out in town on my own! X

Probably we are holidaying and enjoying soaking up the destination , and subconsciously removing pressure to meet anyone ?

Wirral.

"Probably we are holidaying and enjoying soaking up the destination , and subconsciously removing pressure to meet anyone ? "

Well, Shrewsbury ain't far. Let's go out on our own, together x

"Probably we are holidaying and enjoying soaking up the destination , and subconsciously removing pressure to meet anyone ?

Well, Shrewsbury ain't far. Let's go out on our own, together x"

It really isn’t far, I’ll meet you there

Wirral.

"Probably we are holidaying and enjoying soaking up the destination , and subconsciously removing pressure to meet anyone ?

Well, Shrewsbury ain't far. Let's go out on our own, together x

It really isn’t far, I’ll meet you there "

Meet you by the town square tomorrow @8pm xx

Wirral.

Estella!! Are you home yet? We need a report of how you got on xx

London

"Estella!! Are you home yet? We need a report of how you got on xx"

Home now!! All safe and had a wonderful time

Made two new friends! X

I’m out on my own tonight but assessing who is about (random people) who I can talk to, wish me luck!! "

Hope you came across some like minded humans sorry didn't read the remainder of the comments

T

"Estella!! Are you home yet? We need a report of how you got on xx

Made two new friends! X"

I see now. Success!

Wirral.

Made two new friends! X"

Wonderful. Go you!

Manchester | London

"

Made two new friends! X"

They on fab?

Made two new friends! X"

Excellent update , well done

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Made two new friends! X"

. Well done on making new friends hopefully you will be keeping in contact and meeting up again.If you are looking to make new friends there are always the Meet Up groups which maybe of interest to you and also last night there were two Fab socials in London.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Northumberland

I’ve read through this whole thread just to find out if the DJ turned up?

Kx

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

This has been been an interesting thread.

Hopefully, the refreshingly lucid Estelle, she of the universally hidden profile, is not going to turn out to have been a pop up fly-by-night!

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Or, even, turn out to be a bloke with a pasted picture!

By *r Mind CandyMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

"

Made two new friends! X

They on fab? "

If not they will be by tomorrow!

By *r Mind CandyMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

I work away from home a lot, my office is in Denmark and I travel all over Europe on my own, so probably 15 nights a month I go out on my own to bars and restaurants, I always meet lots of lovely locals, however these days it feels a bit creepy to hit on a stranger in real life rather than online. The exception being a swinger club or event, as you know that’s exactly what they are there for.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I used to always go out on my own and loved it.

Don't these days kids and all but there's something quite nice about going out alone.

Mrs

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

I don't mind... depends on my mood

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Of course if you're on your own you have no choice, get out and meet people

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I used to go to the cinema/theatre/gigs on my own a lot, and restaurants in the evening when I was travelling with work or just a coffee during the day, but I don’t think I would go to a bar/pub on my own, and I know I wouldn’t ever try and start a conversation with a stranger if I did, I would probably end up in the corner reading wanting everyone to be quiet so I could concentrate

Keep them.

"Keep them. "

Wrong thread sorry

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

I prefer going out on my own even travelling abroad too

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I prefer going out on my own even travelling abroad too"
cheaper

I like heading to the pub sometimes for a drink after work in my own. I enjoy the people watching

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

I go to local pubs to watch bands on my own. I find it quite enjoyable. I do often attract a randomer..

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

"I prefer going out on my own even travelling abroad toocheaper "
Exactly that and way less stressful too

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I have been to gigs on my own but not done so for years.

By *ixed MisterMan  over a year ago

London

Pub/bar yes, never to a normal club though. I don't really do clubs these days unless it's someone's birthday.

Hope you had a wonderful time and met some good people

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

No problem with going out on my own anywhere I want to go

How did it go? I went to the zoo on a Saturday by myself, felt uncomfortable tbh!

This me right now, the old me wouldn't. I'm even looking forward doing a holiday on my own.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I dont really go out to clubs or pubs. I like to go more to cafes, good luck

Stay safe Estella, esp. if you're thinking of venturing out in remote areas alone late at night. It simply isn't worth the risk...

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I do this sort of thing a lot. It’s really lovely and freeing.

Cinema, pubs, days out. It’s a really nice way to nurture yourself. I call them me dates

By *yeSureMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Don’t think I see a lot going out alone. Or certainly not when I’m out with Mrs and hoping singletons are about

By *andadbodMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

As a photographer I go out alone a lot, i don’t venture in to pubs though, just walk the streets or countryside.

» Add a new message to this topic