FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mauricio is chelseas new manager.

Mauricio is chelseas new manager.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Apparently chelsea have a new manager and it is mauricio pochettino. I dont know much about him, except that he used to be in spurs.

What do you think of it, do you know more about him and how do you think he will do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

He was manager of my team Southampton and I think we played really well under him,if he gets his way and not the boards way he will do well

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I really like Poch! I think he can do well if he wins the team over. They just look like a collection of players at the moment.

Mr

I think its a good move for Chelsea, I like him, id of welcomed him with open arms at the mighty VILLA if we needed a manager.

"He was manager of my team Southampton and I think we played really well under him,if he gets his way and not the boards way he will do well"
That is good and that he was a manager in southampton as well

By *NL Social SpurschickWoman  over a year ago

Social Zone

He’s got a big job to do there but I’m sure he’ll succeed and wish him well. He gave me some of my greatest memories (and wtf moments) whilst at Spurs.

"He’s got a big job to do there but I’m sure he’ll succeed and wish him well. He gave me some of my greatest memories (and wtf moments) whilst at Spurs. "

There is there that weirdness about it? I felt weird when Jose took the spurs job after growing up a Chelsea fan

Social Zone

"He’s got a big job to do there but I’m sure he’ll succeed and wish him well. He gave me some of my greatest memories (and wtf moments) whilst at Spurs.

There is there that weirdness about it? I felt weird when Jose took the spurs job after growing up a Chelsea fan"

Of course but it’s the past and he’s got a job to do.

We’ve had managers from other London teams, which took some getting used to and made me question why as not our type of footie. I’ll think he’ll be a better fit at Chelsea than the managers we’ve had of theirs come to Spurs.

Hard job to take, way too many big egos at Chelsea now and an overinflated squad. He's going to need balls of steel to steady that ship.

"He’s got a big job to do there but I’m sure he’ll succeed and wish him well. He gave me some of my greatest memories (and wtf moments) whilst at Spurs.

There is there that weirdness about it? I felt weird when Jose took the spurs job after growing up a Chelsea fan

We’ve had managers from other London teams, which took some getting used to and made me question why as not our type of footie. I’ll think he’ll be a better fit at Chelsea than the managers we’ve had of theirs come to Spurs. "

I’m intrigued to see how he goes. And ofc i am super interested to find out who spurs go with.

Social Zone

We’ve had managers from other London teams, which took some getting used to and made me question why as not our type of footie. I’ll think he’ll be a better fit at Chelsea than the managers we’ve had of theirs come to Spurs.

I’m intrigued to see how he goes. And ofc i am super interested to find out who spurs go with. "

Me too on both counts. I reckon they’ll give it to Mason. Whoever they pick has got a huge job to do and we are back at the beginning again of trying to build a decent squad that actually gel & want to play. Spurs of norm has returned

"Hard job to take, way too many big egos at Chelsea now and an overinflated squad. He's going to need balls of steel to steady that ship."

I reckon half the deadweight will be gone this summer tbf.

Expect Mount’s future to be sorted, Auba gone, RLC gone, Gallagher gone, Kovacic or Kante perhaps moving on, kepa or Mendy gone, Pulisic and Ziyech likely gone, nkunku coming in, strikers loaned. I think he’ll be dealing with a hungry, young group of players. His job will be made easier by the time the window closes tbh.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I really like Poch and he was even linked with United a lot before we got EtH. I think his biggest job is highlighting who he likes and wants to keep and getting rid of the deadwood. My worry is he'll end up on the managerial merry-go-round that Chelsea love despite him being a great coach that can get the best out of players.

I’m intrigued to see how he goes. And ofc i am super interested to find out who spurs go with.

Me too on both counts. I reckon they’ll give it to Mason. Whoever they pick has got a huge job to do and we are back at the beginning again of trying to build a decent squad that actually gel & want to play. Spurs of norm has returned "

Was fun while it lasted though right?

No but I think I expect investment with the pending Kane saga. Some defenders, some midfielders. It’ll be good to loan and get rid of some too. Sanchez, Rodon, Bissouma, sess, on loans or sales. I think of Spurs’s next coach as someone like a potter type. Maybe they look at him? I don’t know if I’d give it Mason but expect levy to get away with it.

"I really like Poch and he was even linked with United a lot before we got EtH. I think his biggest job is highlighting who he likes and wants to keep and getting rid of the deadwood. My worry is he'll end up on the managerial merry-go-round that Chelsea love despite him being a great coach that can get the best out of players."

I think that the Potter situation highlighted that new ownership want to Give managers a chance. The Tuchel sacking was premature but the Potter one was overdue by the time it happened. I think Poch will be ok for 2-3 years unless he doesn’t manage to secure top 4 season after next or win a trophy in that period.

Derby

"I really like Poch and he was even linked with United a lot before we got EtH. I think his biggest job is highlighting who he likes and wants to keep and getting rid of the deadwood. My worry is he'll end up on the managerial merry-go-round that Chelsea love despite him being a great coach that can get the best out of players.

I think that the Potter situation highlighted that new ownership want to Give managers a chance. The Tuchel sacking was premature but the Potter one was overdue by the time it happened. I think Poch will be ok for 2-3 years unless he doesn’t manage to secure top 4 season after next or win a trophy in that period. "

I felt bad for Potter, I'm not sure how many of those signings were his and think maybe he should've been given a pre-season. I think even top 4 is tough to expect and aim for with so many teams competing for it as well. No Europe next season will help though!

"I really like Poch! I think he can do well if he wins the team over. They just look like a collection of players at the moment.

Mr"

That is good you do and yes. I also think that he will do well there

Social Zone

Me too on both counts. I reckon they’ll give it to Mason. Whoever they pick has got a huge job to do and we are back at the beginning again of trying to build a decent squad that actually gel & want to play. Spurs of norm has returned

No but I think I expect investment with the pending Kane saga. Some defenders, some midfielders. It’ll be good to loan and get rid of some too. Sanchez, Rodon, Bissouma, sess, on loans or sales. I think of Spurs’s next coach as someone like a potter type. Maybe they look at him? I don’t know if I’d give it Mason but expect levy to get away with it. "

Of course that’s the highs & lows of being a spurs fan

Investment I can’t see it, although there is still some money left that was earmarked this season. They’ll probably secure a few players with that, but ones already there but that all depends on the new person. As for people out on loan, we’ve already 8 at other teams who need to be sold or just let go. Need a manager asap so they can make those decisions, 2023/24 will be a tough season

Oh and Kane to go, it’s way past time.

Derby

"Of course that’s the highs & lows of being a spurs fan

Investment I can’t see it, although there is still some money left that was earmarked this season. They’ll probably secure a few players with that, but ones already there but that all depends on the new person. As for people out on loan, we’ve already 8 at other teams who need to be sold or just let go. Need a manager asap so they can make those decisions, 2023/24 will be a tough season

Oh and Kane to go, it’s way past time. "

We'll take him off your hands

"I really like Poch and he was even linked with United a lot before we got EtH. I think his biggest job is highlighting who he likes and wants to keep and getting rid of the deadwood. My worry is he'll end up on the managerial merry-go-round that Chelsea love despite him being a great coach that can get the best out of players.

I think that the Potter situation highlighted that new ownership want to Give managers a chance. The Tuchel sacking was premature but the Potter one was overdue by the time it happened. I think Poch will be ok for 2-3 years unless he doesn’t manage to secure top 4 season after next or win a trophy in that period.

I felt bad for Potter, I'm not sure how many of those signings were his and think maybe he should've been given a pre-season. I think even top 4 is tough to expect and aim for with so many teams competing for it as well. No Europe next season will help though!"

No Europe will help but think his aim will be to steady the ship. Get back into Europe, not necessarily top 4. Plus we don’t know about the ability of teams like Newcastle, Villa to cope with Europe with their squads. Happens Lots when new teams get Europe. - Wolves, West Ham etc. I think Chelsea’s squad is a top 4 squad and in 2 years they should be back there at a minimum. Not an unrealistic aim

Social Zone

We'll take him off your hands "

You can have him ! I’d say Levy won’t let him go to an English club, it’s abroad or he stays and goes for free next summer wherever he likes

No but I think I expect investment with the pending Kane saga. Some defenders, some midfielders. It’ll be good to loan and get rid of some too. Sanchez, Rodon, Bissouma, sess, on loans or sales. I think of Spurs’s next coach as someone like a potter type. Maybe they look at him? I don’t know if I’d give it Mason but expect levy to get away with it.

Of course that’s the highs & lows of being a spurs fan

Oh and Kane to go, it’s way past time. "

Agree. Kane should’ve gone but Levy init

You can have him ! I’d say Levy won’t let him go to an English club, it’s abroad or he stays and goes for free next summer wherever he likes "

He’s off to Paris or Munich me thinks. And he’ll be back to break the record at the end of his career

By *illan-KillashMan  over a year ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Apparently chelsea have a new manager and it is mauricio pochettino. I dont know much about him, except that he used to be in spurs.

What do you think of it, do you know more about him and how do you think he will do? "

Has it been officially announced by Chelsea yet, gossip pages are full of it.....have been for a while.

I think it's a good appointment, fingers crossed he gets the control he wants. I doubt he'd have taken the job if he wasn't getting what he wanted.

Apparently handled the negotiations himself, not his agent.

Suggests he's going to be very much hands on.

He gets my vote.

Social Zone

You can have him ! I’d say Levy won’t let him go to an English club, it’s abroad or he stays and goes for free next summer wherever he likes

He’s off to Paris or Munich me thinks. And he’ll be back to break the record at the end of his career"

Aye. He’s likely to do a Sheringham and return

But then I think if he is going why did they just paint his face all over the side of a building at the stadium . Personally I want to see him go, should have gone last year if not the year before. The team isn’t one player and shouldn’t be built around one player, who don’t get me wrong has had his moments, but gone missing so many times when it matters.

"I think its a good move for Chelsea, I like him, id of welcomed him with open arms at the mighty VILLA if we needed a manager."
Yes. I also think that it is a good move

"He’s got a big job to do there but I’m sure he’ll succeed and wish him well. He gave me some of my greatest memories (and wtf moments) whilst at Spurs. "
Yes, he have a big job to do. I also reckon that he will succeed there

"Apparently chelsea have a new manager and it is mauricio pochettino. I dont know much about him, except that he used to be in spurs.

What do you think of it, do you know more about him and how do you think he will do?

Has it been officially announced by Chelsea yet, gossip pages are full of it.....have been for a while.

I think it's a good appointment, fingers crossed he gets the control he wants. I doubt he'd have taken the job if he wasn't getting what he wanted.

Apparently handled the negotiations himself, not his agent.

Suggests he's going to be very much hands on.

He gets my vote. "

I think that it is officially too and I also think that it is a good appointment, he will do well there

» Add a new message to this topic