FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Walking in heels

Walking in heels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iasub OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ilkeston

Hope your having a great Sunday!

Im going to a Rocky Horror themed event and planning on going as Frank and with their character comes wearing heels.

How long did it take you to be able to walk in them comfortably?

Is too weeks a too small timeframe to realistically be able to learn?

Would a platform be easier than a stiletto type shoe to walk in?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Still on my bucket list to do xx

I go out routinely in heels, and it does take a bit of mastering .. and I will not lie, wil probably be uncomfortable at first.

My advice is don’t go skyscraper heels .. but maybe 3” or so … but maybe with a bit of a platform so they look higher. That will be high enough for a first ‘flight’… you don’t want to be walking like a duck .. or even worse, fall over!!

If I’m out in an evening, I will likely wear 4” heels, if I’m not doing a great deal of walking … if I’m out in the day shopping it tends to be 2” heels.

R x

By *obilebottomMan  over a year ago

All over

Try it, you could be a natural. You never know till you try though as I haven't, could not share anything ftom experience

Ilkeston

"Still on my bucket list to do xx

I go out routinely in heels, and it does take a bit of mastering .. and I will not lie, wil probably be uncomfortable at first.

My advice is don’t go skyscraper heels .. but maybe 3” or so … but maybe with a bit of a platform so they look higher. That will be high enough for a first ‘flight’… you don’t want to be walking like a duck .. or even worse, fall over!!

If I’m out in an evening, I will likely wear 4” heels, if I’m not doing a great deal of walking … if I’m out in the day shopping it tends to be 2” heels.

R x"

Thank you i may have to do a return as they are a 4” but look fairly supportive (i think ) thats if they fit as i had to trust a online guide that a women's 13 is going to fit my huge size 11

Thats the bit im kind of worried about as it would be my luck when everyone got there i fall over

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Platforms are easier but wedges can be more difficult. Two weeks seems realistic to me if you practice every day

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

A platform s always going to b3 better than a flat soled shoe to walk in. You’re not as high as you appear and there’s more cushioning for your soles. Block heels are very popular right now as opposed to going stiletto and purely physics, much easier to walk in, you have that bigger surface area to walk on.

Be confident whether you feel it or not. Bending over and leaning forward will move your centre of gravity. Always walk tall, shoulders back, hips forward

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Just waddle about the place

Ilkeston

"A platform s always going to b3 better than a flat soled shoe to walk in. You’re not as high as you appear and there’s more cushioning for your soles. Block heels are very popular right now as opposed to going stiletto and purely physics, much easier to walk in, you have that bigger surface area to walk on.

Be confident whether you feel it or not. Bending over and leaning forward will move your centre of gravity. Always walk tall, shoulders back, hips forward"

Thats a relief, anything to make it a little easier.

I think i can do that he says. So do you walk heel first or toes first as there seems to be contraction in videos

All over

"Platforms are easier but wedges can be more difficult. Two weeks seems realistic to me if you practice every day "

And how long to perfect a pose like that?

Ilkeston

"Just waddle about the place "

Its probably going to that. Its not going to be attractive

By *m272Woman  over a year ago

London

Hairspray and a sanitary pad as an insole help with some discomfort.

A pair of flats in your bag is always a wise move too lol

Ilkeston

"Hairspray and a sanitary pad as an insole help with some discomfort.

A pair of flats in your bag is always a wise move too lol"

A trip to tescos it is

Ive learnt that one after seeing loads of people in socks after a few hours lol

By *erilottsTV/TS  over a year ago

Chippenham

Plenty of videos on how to walk in heels, master standing up in them then follow the videos for how to walk, heel - toe and so on, one foot infront of the other or you will waddle

Two weeks should be fine, maybe take the next day off to massage your legs, they wont know whats hit them!

All over

"Hairspray and a sanitary pad as an insole help with some discomfort.

A pair of flats in your bag is always a wise move too lol"

That's a top tip about the insole. I remember once I was hoping somewhere and realised shoes were fractionally too big but had no insole. If only I knew then what I have just learned

Ilkeston

"Plenty of videos on how to walk in heels, master standing up in them then follow the videos for how to walk, heel - toe and so on, one foot infront of the other or you will waddle

Two weeks should be fine, maybe take the next day off to massage your legs, they wont know whats hit them!"

Thank you i will give them a watch and hopefully be catwalk ready

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Platforms are easier but wedges can be more difficult. Two weeks seems realistic to me if you practice every day

And how long to perfect a pose like that? "

About five minutes

All over

"Platforms are easier but wedges can be more difficult. Two weeks seems realistic to me if you practice every day

About five minutes "

It works, lovely summery colours too and the figure to go with it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Remember to practice on hard floors... not just carpet.

Carpet is so much easier to walk on than pavements!

Ilkeston

"Remember to practice on hard floors... not just carpet.

Carpet is so much easier to walk on than pavements!"

That’s actually a really good point i didn't even think about! Looks like i will be in my kitchen a lot as its the only room that isnt carpet

By *MaverickMan  over a year ago

Rushden

Never , I tried in 96 for my Drag in town carnival

My mum teyjngmake me wear her high leg leather boots . Couldn’t even get out of the house . Naaaaaa .

Was worse the. Be extremelly d*unk n not even had one yet .

And mascara ? That’s another one . Me s were bleeding , couldn’t walk beeping my eyes flamming

She was killing . Fuck that .

Mother ? You are a weirdow

Terribly funny as fuck never ever again . Drag ? Ok , high heels ? Never

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

"A platform s always going to b3 better than a flat soled shoe to walk in. You’re not as high as you appear and there’s more cushioning for your soles. Block heels are very popular right now as opposed to going stiletto and purely physics, much easier to walk in, you have that bigger surface area to walk on.

Be confident whether you feel it or not. Bending over and leaning forward will move your centre of gravity. Always walk tall, shoulders back, hips forward

I think i can do that he says. So do you walk heel first or toes first as there seems to be contraction in videos "

Heels first I’d say. It’s the natural way to walk. I can’t even envisage walking toe first

I think i can do that he says. So do you walk heel first or toes first as there seems to be contraction in videos

Heels first I’d say. It’s the natural way to walk. I can’t even envisage walking toe first "

Me too, but whichever way, do it steadily and with purpose.

Ilkeston

Heels first I’d say. It’s the natural way to walk. I can’t even envisage walking toe first

Me too, but whichever way, do it steadily and with purpose."

Thank you! Let the journey begin, not sure why I am so excited lol

Thank you! Let the journey begin, not sure why I am so excited lol "

Once you done drag, there's no going back, squirlfriend

Ilkeston

Thank you! Let the journey begin, not sure why I am so excited lol

Once you done drag, there's no going back, squirlfriend "

To be fair i used to do a little bit of cross dressing but then I put on a few pounds and never went back to it.

Also never to this look and in public as well. Could be a new me lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

About five minutes

It works, lovely summery colours too and the figure to go with it "

Thank you

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

A roofer has more chance of learning fast to walk in high heels.

They take shorter steps and are tiptoed on a roof at best of times.

Get out of the mans habbit stand straight instead of leaning forward, walk with smaller steps

heels first and you will be flat on your arse.

you want the ball of the foot to hit the floor so the whole shoe is flat on the ground.

Ilkeston

"A roofer has more chance of learning fast to walk in high heels.

They take shorter steps and are tiptoed on a roof at best of times.

Get out of the mans habbit stand straight instead of leaning forward, walk with smaller steps

heels first and you will be flat on your arse.

you want the ball of the foot to hit the floor so the whole shoe is flat on the ground. "

The stride is going to be the hard part as i have quite a big stride.

Thank you for the tips, always knew i was in the wrong job

bradford

Carpet is so much easier to walk on than pavements!"

Hes not tried walking on hills yet and he will find those interesting.

toe pointing upwards going up the hill and toe pointing forward going down the hill taking smaller steps as they go.

bradford

"The stride is going to be the hard part as i have quite a big stride.

Thank you for the tips, always knew i was in the wrong job "

the stride can be stopped by rope and hoops just below the knee alternative is get a pencil skirt.

it stops the long stride

rope is easier to hide than a skirt

just dont forget when your practising not to walk the other way or you will get comments

Ilkeston

"The stride is going to be the hard part as i have quite a big stride.

Thank you for the tips, always knew i was in the wrong job

the stride can be stopped by rope and hoops just below the knee alternative is get a pencil skirt.

it stops the long stride

rope is easier to hide than a skirt

just dont forget when your practising not to walk the other way or you will get comments "

I will have to get a skirt to practice in, thank you for the tips much appreciated

Ilkeston

Carpet is so much easier to walk on than pavements!

Hes not tried walking on hills yet and he will find those interesting.

toe pointing upwards going up the hill and toe pointing forward going down the hill taking smaller steps as they go.

"

Luckily theres no hills there so i should be alright for the minute

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

Just don't wear heels is the easy answer. I never do. Just resort to my knee boots or DMs

I’m 35 and still can’t walk in heels haha. If you get any good tips, please let me know

Mrs

» Add a new message to this topic