FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Threads - how do you run yours?

Threads - how do you run yours?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wist my nipples OP   Couple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Back in the mists of time, my very first thread was about the etiquette of starting a thread, responding or not etc etc. Back when I worried more about "getting it right"

So, fellow thread starters, how do you run yours, and why? Do you overthink it? Wait until you have something witty and/or inciteful (sic) to say? Or just bash out any old shit?

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's been a while since I've created a thread.

Generally, I try to be inclusive when creating a thread, if I think of something that can get people chatting.

It has been a while though.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I respond to everyone who posts. Sometimes I wish I didn't.

If its a discuss type thread ... launch and leave.

If its one of my less serious ones I feel more of a curator or facilitator.

If its an ask me a question type, I strive to answer all

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

I usually post a question that is on my mind, but only if I think it’s worth it ie funny/interesting/likely to inspire debate.

Once it’s running I try to respond to people because there’s nothing worse than an absent OP, but I try not to stifle the flow of the thread by responding to every comment.

And I reply to any gender/couple if I feel it’s relevant

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

I do four posts a year, put the names of all participants into a hat (a nice hat) and on August 26th, I draw a name out of the hat and I have sex with them.

Then I forage for nuts and hibernate for 4 months, in that order, without euphamism; the cycle continues.

"there’s nothing worse than an absent OP"

I feel seen

"I respond to everyone who posts. Sometimes I wish I didn't."

Why do you wish that? What makes you keep doing it? X

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I rarely start one, but when I do my usual modus operandi is to ask a question or float an idea to encourage discussion and debate and ideally plenty of silly jokes; and then I completely forget I posted it and don't come back into the forum for a week.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Mine are always well thought out and brilliant sadly some fall on stone ground and. Don't even get a look I've two at the moment struggling to swim . having reach the dizzy heights of 175 a few times its. Sad to see them alone and negelected .

"It's been a while since I've created a thread.

Generally, I try to be inclusive when creating a thread, if I think of something that can get people chatting.

It has been a while though. "

Time to start a new one, then?

"If its a discuss type thread ... launch and leave.

If its an ask me a question type, I strive to answer all "

A very well though out strategy!

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

I rarely start one, as most ideas have been done to death.

When I do it's generally "fire and forget!"

Put tge idea up, post, never check back in again...

"I do four posts a year, put the names of all participants into a hat (a nice hat) and on August 26th, I draw a name out of the hat and I have sex with them.

Then I forage for nuts and hibernate for 4 months, in that order, without euphamism; the cycle continues.

"

What makes a hat nice as opposed to regular?

A very well though out strategy! "

I should get a hobby

A very well though out strategy!

I should get a hobby "

"I respond to everyone who posts. Sometimes I wish I didn't.

Why do you wish that? What makes you keep doing it? X"

Because it does mean that when someone I don't really want to respond to posts I feel like I should because I don't want to feel mean or like I'm singling them out.

I think anyone who takes the time to respond to a thread should feel heard, and I know it isn't nice when you feel ignored. Some people don't care, they post and walk away, but many don't. And I appreciate everyone who takes the time to respond to a thread I create.

"What makes a hat nice as opposed to regular? "

Surely a question for Jacob Rees Mogg or some other Tory Toff.

Personally I like my balaclava or a ski mask, though sometimes tights pulled down over my face work.

Because it does mean that when someone I don't really want to respond to posts I feel like I should because I don't want to feel mean or like I'm singling them out.

I think anyone who takes the time to respond to a thread should feel heard, and I know it isn't nice when you feel ignored. Some people don't care, they post and walk away, but many don't. And I appreciate everyone who takes the time to respond to a thread I create."

And then sometimes you get the reverse! People who make it clear they’re not enamoured with me, responding on my threads. Very weird.

I think anyone who takes the time to respond to a thread should feel heard, and I know it isn't nice when you feel ignored. Some people don't care, they post and walk away, but many don't. And I appreciate everyone who takes the time to respond to a thread I create.

And then sometimes you get the reverse! People who make it clear they’re not enamoured with me, responding on my threads. Very weird."

Oh I get that too! I do find that interesting.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I think anyone who takes the time to respond to a thread should feel heard, and I know it isn't nice when you feel ignored. Some people don't care, they post and walk away, but many don't. And I appreciate everyone who takes the time to respond to a thread I create."

Some comments don't warrant a response though I find.

And if I did reply to all then that means 87 comments on a full thread would be me.

And I really can't afford to spend that much on Internet ink and paper. Times are hard.

A

Some comments don't warrant a response though I find.

And if I did reply to all then that means 87 comments on a full thread would be me.

And I really can't afford to spend that much on Internet ink and paper. Times are hard.

A"

And that's why I don't create threads often these days.

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I do four posts a year, put the names of all participants into a hat (a nice hat) and on August 26th, I draw a name out of the hat and I have sex with them.

What makes a hat nice as opposed to regular? "

My penis is in the hat.

Hope this answers your query and any subsequent queries.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I just bash any old shit out, I'm normally one for asking questions where I think I don't agree with the majority to see if it's just me, but yeah write whatever I'm thinking about at that time, some go down well, some really don't

Mrs

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

Something boring pops in my head and I think wow im a genius and others would appreciate this thread and then I get all the women

I bash’it.

*It might explain all my badly written and spelled posts, but I just type and hit send.

When I sit and think too much, more than likely I delete it.

Most of mine are quiz/game types - film or song trivia or make a band/film that …..

I find they are inclusive and most people can join in which I like. They are light hearted and non contentious.

I’ve never stated a sex related one.

I started a couple of more serious ones about my cancer diagnosis. They get a few replies but not many because I’m not one of the more popular forum users.

I have found that lately the frequency of regurgitated threads is increasing . Example - there was 3 ‘what curry do you like?’ Threads started in the space of a fortnight or so.

My penis is in the hat.

"

Dick in a box is so passe.

"Something boring pops in my head and I think wow im a genius and others would appreciate this thread and then I get all the women"

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

"Most of mine are quiz/game types - film or song trivia or make a band/film that …..

I find they are inclusive and most people can join in which I like. They are light hearted and non contentious.

I’ve never stated a sex related one.

I started a couple of more serious ones about my cancer diagnosis. They get a few replies but not many because I’m not one of the more popular forum users.

I have found that lately the frequency of regurgitated threads is increasing . Example - there was 3 ‘what curry do you like?’ Threads started in the space of a fortnight or so."

Picking up on your wouldn't start a sex one...same here,for me its icky but for others they seem comfortable doing it..each to their own

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"Back in the mists of time, my very first thread was about the etiquette of starting a thread, responding or not etc etc. Back when I worried more about "getting it right"

So, fellow thread starters, how do you run yours, and why? Do you overthink it? Wait until you have something witty and/or inciteful (sic) to say? Or just bash out any old shit?

Mrs TMN x"

It wholly depends upon my mood

C

I post and dash no longer to be seen

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I rarely start threads but when I do, I start off replying to everyone to get some traction and incentivise people to reply and then quickly get bored and

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Depends if I decide to drop a grenade, and my mood at the time.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Reading this thread I’m thinking that perhaps I should put more thought into it when I do one

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

Um the last one!

I don't start many, luckily!

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Your internet

And then sometimes you get the reverse! People who make it clear they’re not enamoured with me, responding on my threads. Very weird."

That’s because you’re such a horrible person

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 27/03/23 14:28:39]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes. I plan my threads. I remember some of my first threads, it was about peter andre. I have few regular threads that I do, like torso tuesday and the weekend plans and on the other days. I like to post about fitness and also about news on what is happening in the world, the next will be interesting, it will be about the climate after torso tuesday

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I don't start many. If I do a choose the best picture type one then it just needs starting and I might bump it if it hasn't been replied to for a few hours.

If I start one about a random topic that's popped into my head I might reply to a few people. No massive rhyme or reason as to who. I might flirt with someone I know well, but will reply to complete strangers if what they've said interests or amuses me.

I've done a few threads where I reply to everyone, and boy do you need some energy for those. It can be fun, but totally exhausting

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I rarely start threads that require further input from me.

In the 3+ years I've been using the forums I have probably started 100 threads but I can only think of 2 that had more than 20 replies so that says a lot just in itself about the reaction to my contributions.

The vast majority die in single figures.

By *acDreamyMan  over a year ago

Wirral

I try to respond to most unless it's not required. I think it helps to spark discussion.

By *enriette and SamCouple  over a year ago

can i ask you a question

I try to run them but I get bored easi…

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

Fucking awfully.

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

With an iron fist

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I have to use one of those needle threader things to get the thread into the needle to start with. Then swear a couple of times when it comes unthreaded before I've even got it started into the material I'm sewing. Generally I go for keeping the thread double, because at least once I've started it doesn't fall out then. Still breaks sometimes.

Matching colour of thread to colour of cloth is important to me when fixing tears or hems. But doing buttons, using a contrasting colour can add a little highlight to the final effect.

NB. The above comments may or may not be about needles, cotton thread and cloth. Very often now the cotton is actually made from polyester, and the bobbins are always plastic except for the old wooden ones out of my mum's sewing box.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

My penis is in the hat.

"

All except when the next post will be to get a chance of my name in the hat

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I like to ponder for a while and respond with something meaningful. I always reply to men as well as women for the sake of inclusivity and because I'm consistently irked at the blatant and sycophantic imbalance of responses from most male OPs.

I don't always reply to every response, nor do I reply often enough.

I just post random crap trying to get banned

I've not managed to yet

I post threads, bump them, forget I ever made them, make another

Mayfair

"I just post random crap trying to get banned

I've not managed to yet "

You should create a couples account with Brucey Bonus, and then amalgamate your quality threads.

Mayfair

"I post threads, bump them, forget I ever made them, make another "

You should create a couples account with Wonko, and then amalgamate your quality threads.

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

"I post threads, bump them, forget I ever made them, make another

You should create a couples account with Wonko, and then amalgamate your quality threads."

Say it again, Sam!

Mayfair

You should create a couples account with Wonko, and then amalgamate your quality threads.

Say it again, Sam! "

Both comments were actually different.

Say it again, Sam!

Both comments were actually different. "

We wouldn't be able to keep up with all the thirsty dms!

I chat shit …..

» Add a new message to this topic