FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Weekly mental health check in

Weekly mental health check in

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtyIan OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Hey everyone! Today, I want to talk about mental health. Mental health is just as important as physical health, and it's something that affects all of us at one point or another. It's okay to not be okay sometimes, and if you're struggling, know that you're not alone.

Apart from my sleep patterns I’m not too bad at the moment, no booze for a week has definitely helped as I had been drinking way too much, I’ve stopped before for up to 4-5 months so I know the benefits both physically and mentally.

There are so many resources and people out there who want to help you. Remember to take care of yourself and prioritize your mental health. Let's spread positivity and support each other in our journeys towards mental wellness. ?? #mentalhealthmatters #positivity #support #wellness

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Love this Artylan! What a great post to start the week off and I couldn’t agree more that mental health is just as important!

I’ve been on my own journey with mental health in recent years and it’s great to see how open and helpful everyone is, not just on here, but in society in general these days.

If anyone ever needs a chat, or just a laugh to break up a gloomy day, we’re always here for it

Mrs

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

I'm ok for a Monday morning, thank you.

What about, OP?

Morning both just going to add a couple of helpful resources for anyone in need

Helplines

Call Samaritans 116123

Text Shout 85258

Mind.org.uk has a link for ways to help yourself in a mental health crisis.

no comment

Gateway to the Beacons

"I'm ok for a Monday morning, thank you.

What about, OP?"

I’m ok lovely been off the booze a week as had been kicking the arse out of it.

Been busy on my blogs with posts about mental health and my cooking one

Gateway to the Beacons

"Morning both just going to add a couple of helpful resources for anyone in need

Helplines

Call Samaritans 116123

Text Shout 85258

Mind.org.uk has a link for ways to help yourself in a mental health crisis. "

Gateway to the Beacons

"Love this Artylan! What a great post to start the week off and I couldn’t agree more that mental health is just as important!

I’ve been on my own journey with mental health in recent years and it’s great to see how open and helpful everyone is, not just on here, but in society in general these days.

If anyone ever needs a chat, or just a laugh to break up a gloomy day, we’re always here for it

Mrs "

It is getting better but more still needs to be done xx

Good Morning. I’m loving this ! I’ve suffered with my mental health over the past 5 months.

I’m starting my new job today in a total new location away from home. I can feel my anxiety starting to creep up. I am taking deep breaths and going to try and relax. Fingers crossed

By *atthew78Man  over a year ago

Winsford

Not great being honest hopefully a weeks holiday come Wednesday will help

Gateway to the Beacons

"Not great being honest hopefully a weeks holiday come Wednesday will help"

Bit of off time often helps

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

"Morning both just going to add a couple of helpful resources for anyone in need

Helplines

Call Samaritans 116123

Text Shout 85258

Mind.org.uk has a link for ways to help yourself in a mental health crisis. "

2nd this..especially shout...saved my life twice

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Mines good. This might sound really trivial but I had been training fir Manchester marathon amd had completely fallen out of love with running and with training. Made the decision to pull out last week and it's like a weight has lifted. Physically I was running okay but clearly the mental pressure I'd put on myself wasn't doing me any favours so I'm glad to have made the call

Most of the time I've mostly got it together but occasionally have a bit of a wobble.

Generally I'm taking things one day at a time.

Came close to losing my shit on Saturday though

I'm doing ok thanks Arty. I little anxious this morning but nothing I can't handle.

I took myself on a little trip last week which brought up all kind of emotions good and bad. It was quite therapeutic.

I'm glad you are doing ok. Well done with the booze x

Okish

Undergoing couple of medical tests which will be minor and probably discover nothing so will go down as another stress related issue.

Part of me wishes it was something serious

Gateway to the Beacons

"I'm doing ok thanks Arty. I little anxious this morning but nothing I can't handle.

I took myself on a little trip last week which brought up all kind of emotions good and bad. It was quite therapeutic.

I'm glad you are doing ok. Well done with the booze x"

Thank you

you know my ears here

Gateway to the Beacons

"Mines good. This might sound really trivial but I had been training fir Manchester marathon amd had completely fallen out of love with running and with training. Made the decision to pull out last week and it's like a weight has lifted. Physically I was running okay but clearly the mental pressure I'd put on myself wasn't doing me any favours so I'm glad to have made the call"

You have to listen to the body especially when you have gut feelings over something

By *unfunfun xMan  over a year ago

London

Artylan great post seriously high 5 too you, and remember to look after yourself too absolute have the respect of me and prob everyone on here and also to the ones who reply to people who just need that chat I would raise my drink to you but I do that Friday when out haha.

Gateway to the Beacons

"Artylan great post seriously high 5 too you, and remember to look after yourself too absolute have the respect of me and prob everyone on here and also to the ones who reply to people who just need that chat I would raise my drink to you but I do that Friday when out haha. "

By *topthepressMan  over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Op what makes you think everyone has suffered from mental health issues not generalize I have never had mental issues and neither have millions of others

I’m just going to come out and say this, I feel comfortable here, I’m having a shit time atm. Company I work for isent doing well, stress at home, money issues, housing issues. Recently I hit rock bottom and tbh I haven’t really came away from it yet I’ve been on antidepressants (which make it all worse) counceling each week isent really helping and sometimes I feel like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel I just feel lost and so down right now

Dave

Gateway to the Beacons

"Op what makes you think everyone has suffered from mental health issues not generalize I have never had mental issues and neither have millions of others "

We all have mental health the same as we have physical health be it good or bad you still have mental health and that is a fact unless you have had a total lobotomy.

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden/Faversham

"Op what makes you think everyone has suffered from mental health issues not generalize I have never had mental issues and neither have millions of others "

Lots of people do suffer from mental health issues and this thread is for them. No need to comment or read the thread if you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't suffer.

Sometimes, just knowing help is available is all that's needed

Gateway to the Beacons

Also the affect on you could be from a family member suffering, a friend, a colleague, if you have never known anyone with a mental health issue then I guess you live in a little bubble of utopia that others can only dream of.

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Right now, I’m on a full rollercoaster of being ok and then not ok. It’s really tiring me out and lead back to stress eating..

Could do with a vacation

"I’m just going to come out and say this, I feel comfortable here, I’m having a shit time atm. Company I work for isent doing well, stress at home, money issues, housing issues. Recently I hit rock bottom and tbh I haven’t really came away from it yet I’ve been on antidepressants (which make it all worse) counceling each week isent really helping and sometimes I feel like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel I just feel lost and so down right now

Dave "

Sorry to hear you are going through so much. If antidepressants are making you worse. I would go back to you GP. You may be able to get an alternative.

MANCHESTER

Yea op have lost loved ones but why would that give me mental health issues we are born we live we die that's how it is how do them poor people if Ukraine get on at the mo ? They get on with it don't cry everyday

Gateway to the Beacons

"I’m just going to come out and say this, I feel comfortable here, I’m having a shit time atm. Company I work for isent doing well, stress at home, money issues, housing issues. Recently I hit rock bottom and tbh I haven’t really came away from it yet I’ve been on antidepressants (which make it all worse) counceling each week isent really helping and sometimes I feel like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel I just feel lost and so down right now

Dave "

Dave I would go back to the GP and either get the dosage checked or seek an alternative, some don't work for some, I was on sertraline turned me into a zombie so I stopped, for others they work. I hope you find some peace and support.

Dave

Sorry to hear you are going through so much. If antidepressants are making you worse. I would go back to you GP. You may be able to get an alternative."

Went back the the GP a few times and they put me on a difrent kind of antidepressants (3 times) but each time it worked for possibly 2/3 months then bang they stoped working, I went cold turkey off them and it helped me. I hate going to rhe GP for personal reasons but I won’t go into them but thank you for the kind words xx

Gateway to the Beacons

"Yea op have lost loved ones but why would that give me mental health issues we are born we live we die that's how it is how do them poor people if Ukraine get on at the mo ? They get on with it don't cry everyday "

Never realised you were posting from the Ukraine with a personal view of them out there suffering as they are. As others have said there really is no need for you to even read the post as you live the perfect life with no issues, scroll by to the posts that resonate with you rather than basically mock those with issues who find the weekly post a place of solace and support.

Dave

Dave I would go back to the GP and either get the dosage checked or seek an alternative, some don't work for some, I was on sertraline turned me into a zombie so I stopped, for others they work. I hope you find some peace and support."

Hey dude thanks for the kind words, I have been on a few diffrent kinds of them and they would just make me worse and shit citalopram was the worst

"Yea op have lost loved ones but why would that give me mental health issues we are born we live we die that's how it is how do them poor people if Ukraine get on at the mo ? They get on with it don't cry everyday "

I'm pretty sure people in Ukraine don't just get on with it and have likeky shed many tears.

The implication here is that mental health is a weakness and that as soneone always has it worse we should just get on with it. And that's an attitude that is proven to contribute to suicide rates, particularly in mem because people feel afraid to seek support or share how they are feeling.

These threads, have been running a longtime, I think its a shame when posts like this and sone last week seem intent on invalidating people's struggles. I'm not saying you dint have a valid point but maybe a new thread maybe a better place than a thread where people check in and say how they feel they are doing?

Gateway to the Beacons

Dave

Dave I would go back to the GP and either get the dosage checked or seek an alternative, some don't work for some, I was on sertraline turned me into a zombie so I stopped, for others they work. I hope you find some peace and support.

Hey dude thanks for the kind words, I have been on a few diffrent kinds of them and they would just make me worse and shit citalopram was the worst "

Dave I write a blog about mental health and have posted quite a few self help things on there that have helped me over the yrs, I trained with a forces charity that helps with PTSD, happy to share a link to the blog but can not post it here

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Op what makes you think everyone has suffered from mental health issues not generalize I have never had mental issues and neither have millions of others

Lots of people do suffer from mental health issues and this thread is for them. No need to comment or read the thread if you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't suffer.

Sometimes, just knowing help is available is all that's needed"

I'm more with OP we all ignore health in general, un-till it goes wrong and the best thing for all health is to look after it whether mental or physical.

Gateway to the Beacons

"Yea op have lost loved ones but why would that give me mental health issues we are born we live we die that's how it is how do them poor people if Ukraine get on at the mo ? They get on with it don't cry everyday

I'm pretty sure people in Ukraine don't just get on with it and have likeky shed many tears.

The implication here is that mental health is a weakness and that as soneone always has it worse we should just get on with it. And that's an attitude that is proven to contribute to suicide rates, particularly in mem because people feel afraid to seek support or share how they are feeling.

These threads, have been running a longtime, I think its a shame when posts like this and sone last week seem intent on invalidating people's struggles. I'm not saying you dint have a valid point but maybe a new thread maybe a better place than a thread where people check in and say how they feel they are doing?

"

MANCHESTER

Blimey seems to be an epidemic on mental health why not start by putting the antidepressants in the bin looks like they don't work

"Blimey seems to be an epidemic on mental health why not start by putting the antidepressants in the bin looks like they don't work "

They have been working for me for a long time. I'd be dead if I hadn't gone on them

Gateway to the Beacons

"Blimey seems to be an epidemic on mental health why not start by putting the antidepressants in the bin looks like they don't work "

At the risk of getting a ban why not just stop reading the thread and posting your negative crap, the thread is for those that feel they can check in and talk with others not be ridiculed by a troll

MANCHESTER

How do you know it's the antidepressants maybe you are working it out yourself

"How do you know it's the antidepressants maybe you are working it out yourself "

Because I am very self aware

Gateway to the Beacons

"How do you know it's the antidepressants maybe you are working it out yourself

Because I am very self aware"

Keep doing what is right for you x

"How do you know it's the antidepressants maybe you are working it out yourself "

You could argue that fir almost all medications fir any condition, physical or mental, it's an argument that doesn't even stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

Gateway to the Beacons

"How do you know it's the antidepressants maybe you are working it out yourself

You could argue that fir almost all medications fir any condition, physical or mental, it's an argument that doesn't even stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

"

I think someone is fishing

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

Best way to make someone feel like shit & their feelings don’t matter - ‘well xyz are doing ok, so why do you feel like that?’

Don’t be so dismissive and judgemental - if you’ve never suffered you have no idea how it feels

Gateway to the Beacons

"Yea op have lost loved ones but why would that give me mental health issues we are born we live we die that's how it is how do them poor people if Ukraine get on at the mo ? They get on with it don't cry everyday

Best way to make someone feel like shit & their feelings don’t matter - ‘well xyz are doing ok, so why do you feel like that?’

Don’t be so dismissive and judgemental - if you’ve never suffered you have no idea how it feels "

sadly the ignorant do not understand this x

MANCHESTER

The point I'm trying to make is yea everyone sometimes wakes up feeling a bit down but that does not mean it's a mental health issues it's just someone feeling a bit down turn the TV news on and see what people have to deal with day to day and op I don't know what you mean by fishing?

Gateway to the Beacons

"The point I'm trying to make is yea everyone sometimes wakes up feeling a bit down but that does not mean it's a mental health issues it's just someone feeling a bit down turn the TV news on and see what people have to deal with day to day and op I don't know what you mean by fishing?"

I mean you are trolling other posters of the thread, an example is you telling a user it doesn't look like they have mental health issues by reading their profile, never realised that you were now a mental health specialist.

"The point I'm trying to make is yea everyone sometimes wakes up feeling a bit down but that does not mean it's a mental health issues it's just someone feeling a bit down turn the TV news on and see what people have to deal with day to day and op I don't know what you mean by fishing?"

I'm not about to discuss my mental health with you via private message.

Keep it to the forums or better still fuck off

MANCHESTER

I understand now dizzy why you have mental health issues I have not offended anyone just adding to the debate no need to lower the tone and be offensive

"I understand now dizzy why you have mental health issues I have not offended anyone just adding to the debate no need to lower the tone and be offensive "

And why do I have mental health issues?

Gateway to the Beacons

"I understand now dizzy why you have mental health issues I have not offended anyone just adding to the debate no need to lower the tone and be offensive "

You are the one being offensive by belittleing mental health, why did you feel the need to DM someone, you are not adding anything to the thread. And how can you say you now know why someone has mental health issues

I think your views are probably from a viewpoint of never having had mental health problems or known anyone else who has. Which is great. This thread is for everyone else. If you want to educate yourself on different mental health issues, medications and therapies then google is your friend. This thread is, as you can see, filled with people who are using is as it is intended, a safe non judgmental place. If you can’t see that then you don’t need to be here

What about, OP?

Been busy on my blogs with posts about mental health and my cooking one "

Positive thoughts for another week off it

"Good Morning. I’m loving this ! I’ve suffered with my mental health over the past 5 months.

I’m starting my new job today in a total new location away from home. I can feel my anxiety starting to creep up. I am taking deep breaths and going to try and relax. Fingers crossed "

How did it go? First day is the hardest, tomorrow will only be easier

Gateway to the Beacons

What about, OP?

Positive thoughts for another week off it "

Thank you, I am just sorting the drone to get out and do some photography, will be adding to the blogs as well x

"Not great being honest hopefully a weeks holiday come Wednesday will help"

Holidays work wonders for resetting the mind

What about, OP?

Positive thoughts for another week off it

Thank you, I am just sorting the drone to get out and do some photography, will be adding to the blogs as well x"

can you dm me the blog if possible?

MANCHESTER

I accept your case chicken just trying to add to the debate

"I accept your case chicken just trying to add to the debate "

This thread isn't a debate and you are perfectly aware of that

"Mines good. This might sound really trivial but I had been training fir Manchester marathon amd had completely fallen out of love with running and with training. Made the decision to pull out last week and it's like a weight has lifted. Physically I was running okay but clearly the mental pressure I'd put on myself wasn't doing me any favours so I'm glad to have made the call"

You’ve absolutely made the right call not least because running is for sadists but seriously if something’s making you miserable then don’t do it

"I accept your case chicken just trying to add to the debate "

As dizzy said, this is absolutely not a debate.

"Most of the time I've mostly got it together but occasionally have a bit of a wobble.

Generally I'm taking things one day at a time.

Came close to losing my shit on Saturday though"

How did you pull it back?

"I'm doing ok thanks Arty. I little anxious this morning but nothing I can't handle.

I'm glad you are doing ok. Well done with the booze x"

A little anxiety is better than a big anxiety! Wishing you a good run towards no anxiety

"Okish

Undergoing couple of medical tests which will be minor and probably discover nothing so will go down as another stress related issue.

Part of me wishes it was something serious "

Stress can be serious. Have you thought about keeping a diary of symptoms and seeing if they match up with what’s happening in your life?

Dave "

Antidepressants aren’t for everyone, I see from further down you’ve tried a few different ones. Some of them need a higher dose after a few weeks or months so it could be that. Equally, if they’re not for you then don’t force it. Same with counselling, maybe try a different one? That said, counselling that makes you leave each week not feeling tip top may be pushing you and encouraging you to face things you’ve been trying to avoid… worth the effort for the breakthrough?

"Right now, I’m on a full rollercoaster of being ok and then not ok. It’s really tiring me out and lead back to stress eating.. "

Sugar free sweeties for you. Hot drinks/cold drinks and start keeping a log of your feelings to find your triggers

"Could do with a vacation"

Get it booked!

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Dave

Antidepressants aren’t for everyone, I see from further down you’ve tried a few different ones. Some of them need a higher dose after a few weeks or months so it could be that. Equally, if they’re not for you then don’t force it. Same with counselling, maybe try a different one? That said, counselling that makes you leave each week not feeling tip top may be pushing you and encouraging you to face things you’ve been trying to avoid… worth the effort for the breakthrough? "

I dont take drugs or antidepressants as I never wanted to be dependent on anything.

I'm lucky as I have a lady friend who is just a text around and she always knows what to say

A little anxiety is better than a big anxiety! Wishing you a good run towards no anxiety "

Thank you. I'm a lot better than I used to be x

A little anxiety is better than a big anxiety! Wishing you a good run towards no anxiety

Thank you. I'm a lot better than I used to be x"

You’re a little legend you

Dave

Antidepressants aren’t for everyone, I see from further down you’ve tried a few different ones. Some of them need a higher dose after a few weeks or months so it could be that. Equally, if they’re not for you then don’t force it. Same with counselling, maybe try a different one? That said, counselling that makes you leave each week not feeling tip top may be pushing you and encouraging you to face things you’ve been trying to avoid… worth the effort for the breakthrough?

I dont take drugs or antidepressants as I never wanted to be dependent on anything.

I'm lucky as I have a lady friend who is just a text around and she always knows what to say"

Sorry to openly challenge you but you’re dependent on water, oxygen, food, shelter and physical contact with others antidepressants on the whole (and I am generalising here) do help people, sometimes for a short while other times for a long while. Glad you’ve got someone close to help

Hastings

So _topthepress do you have heath problems and do you think you ever will.

Hastings

"The point I'm trying to make is yea everyone sometimes wakes up feeling a bit down but that does not mean it's a mental health issues it's just someone feeling a bit down turn the TV news on and see what people have to deal with day to day and op I don't know what you mean by fishing?

I think your views are probably from a viewpoint of never having had mental health problems or known anyone else who has. Which is great. This thread is for everyone else. If you want to educate yourself on different mental health issues, medications and therapies then google is your friend. This thread is, as you can see, filled with people who are using is as it is intended, a safe non judgmental place. If you can’t see that then you don’t need to be here "

I would say if you can't see that you have a mental health problem it cannot move with the times. Some are still of the opinion of suck it up and crack on.

Gateway to the Beacons

"The point I'm trying to make is yea everyone sometimes wakes up feeling a bit down but that does not mean it's a mental health issues it's just someone feeling a bit down turn the TV news on and see what people have to deal with day to day and op I don't know what you mean by fishing?

I think your views are probably from a viewpoint of never having had mental health problems or known anyone else who has. Which is great. This thread is for everyone else. If you want to educate yourself on different mental health issues, medications and therapies then google is your friend. This thread is, as you can see, filled with people who are using is as it is intended, a safe non judgmental place. If you can’t see that then you don’t need to be here

I would say if you can't see that you have a mental health problem it cannot move with the times. Some are still of the opinion of suck it up and crack on. "

Sadly so, there is still a stigma surrounding mental health, I posted on my blog about this last week.

Gateway to the Beacons

I would say if you can't see that you have a mental health problem it cannot move with the times. Some are still of the opinion of suck it up and crack on.

Sadly so, there is still a stigma surrounding mental health, I posted on my blog about this last week."

Been out doing one of the things that makes me happy, photography up a mountain, home now and frozen

» Add a new message to this topic