FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nude photography

Nude photography

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ellhungvwe OP   Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

A few weeks ago I started life modelling for some art groups and it has gone really well - now I have been asked to model for a nude photo shoot by a professional photographer (albeit for a personal project)

Curious if anyone has any tips or views on how life model and photo modelling differs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good for you .

If you enjoy it and feel comfortable then embrace the opportunities.

I like the idea of life modeling but couldn't do it naked. I'm far too self conscious.

I would love to see how I looked in the paintings/drawings .

Not sure this is relevant for a bloke but I’d be wary of ulterior motives and ask to have someone else in the room with me.. personal experience

Cheltenham

"Good for you .

If you enjoy it and feel comfortable then embrace the opportunities.

I like the idea of life modeling but couldn't do it naked. I'm far too self conscious.

I would love to see how I looked in the paintings/drawings . "

I was super nervous before my first session but the nerves disappeared as soon as you start thinking about the pose. Everyone was super friendly and no one judges - the artists just want to draw interesting bodies.

Cheltenham

"Not sure this is relevant for a bloke but I’d be wary of ulterior motives and ask to have someone else in the room with me.. personal experience "

This is genuine - it was a referral from an artist I know and they work in the same studio.

Just remember that the photographer owns the rights to the pictures and can do with them as they please

I did it years ago albeit professionally

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"A few weeks ago I started life modelling for some art groups and it has gone really well - now I have been asked to model for a nude photo shoot by a professional photographer (albeit for a personal project)

Curious if anyone has any tips or views on how life model and photo modelling differs?

"

Th most obvious difference is that you won't be static for so long with photography.

The tog will already have ideas for shots and poses, you'll be directed in to position with multiple shots being taken with minor positional changes.

It's a far more fluid and changing process than life modelling.

You also won't end up as stiff and less likely to ache afterwards as you'll not be holding poses for any length of time.

A

"Not sure this is relevant for a bloke but I’d be wary of ulterior motives and ask to have someone else in the room with me.. personal experience

This is genuine - it was a referral from an artist I know and they work in the same studio."

Crack on then and show us the results

Cheltenham

"Just remember that the photographer owns the rights to the pictures and can do with them as they please

I did it years ago albeit professionally "

That is an interesting point I had overlooked - I guess I need to look in to the legals.

Cheltenham

"A few weeks ago I started life modelling for some art groups and it has gone really well - now I have been asked to model for a nude photo shoot by a professional photographer (albeit for a personal project)

Th most obvious difference is that you won't be static for so long with photography.

The tog will already have ideas for shots and poses, you'll be directed in to position with multiple shots being taken with minor positional changes.

You also won't end up as stiff and less likely to ache afterwards as you'll not be holding poses for any length of time.

A"

This is what I thought. Thanks for the heads up. I think they already have poses in mind - it is for a competition so they know what they are trying to acheive.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

This is what I thought. Thanks for the heads up. I think they already have poses in mind - it is for a competition so they know what they are trying to acheive."

As for the concern over image use? You should be asked to sign a release form stating what the images can and can't be used for.

The tog will always own copyright but if as you say it's for a competition then you can request that the I.ages are used solely for that and that they cant be used for commercial purposes. Where they can be posted can also be included - a restriction to just their personal website (if they have one) rather than them being sold on or provided to third parties.

Of course as everyone knows once something is online it's possible for anyone to copy it and use it outside of any agreements. But that can never be prevented.

A

"Just remember that the photographer owns the rights to the pictures and can do with them as they please

I did it years ago albeit professionally

That is an interesting point I had overlooked - I guess I need to look in to the legals."

Photographers always own the rights to the photos, you can get copies but they always keep the originals ... even when paying for a shoot for yourself you'll get the photos but can't ensure they don't keep them too. Always think of this when people on here are offering to take pictures, unless they use your camera you actually cannot stop them from keeping the pictures too!

Cheltenham

Good advice on the legals

» Add a new message to this topic