FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Small Towns make you vulnerable to being outed? Any countermeasures?

Small Towns make you vulnerable to being outed? Any countermeasures?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oomedToLive OP   Man  over a year ago

London

My job takes me to small towns all over South East England. I'll find myself in a room for the weekend in small towns with pop 12,000 etc. Got me thinking. How do folks in such small places, especially those in more locally prominent roles, teachers, postmen, GPs approach sites such and these and the wider lifestyle?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

disguises. Each more cunning than the last. 1 night, they go out dressed as a wombat. The next, Captain Hook. Another night, a full fancy dress costume that makes em resemble the Millenium Falcon.

By *oomedToLive OP   Man  over a year ago

London

I've no plans of moving there but cant help but wonder the risks peope seem to run. The again maybe the trill is part of it.

By *ineapplejuiceWoman  over a year ago

totnes

Do like i do and only meet when on the road away from the small town. I dont meet in cornwall. Everyone seems to know everyone else!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"My job takes me to small towns all over South East England. I'll find myself in a room for the weekend in small towns with pop 12,000 etc. Got me thinking. How do folks in such small places, especially those in more locally prominent roles, teachers, postmen, GPs approach sites such and these and the wider lifestyle?"

Try living somewhere where the population is a couple of hundred.

The solution is simple. Toure not obliges to put your actual postcode, nor the exact location you live on your profile.

So just use a nearby postcode and either the nearest night town/city or simply the county you live in.

Many profiles don't use the 'who's near me' function ever, because it's both a tad 'stalkerish' to want to know who's close (why assume everyone is always active and looking for a meet) and also because it's likely to give away their home location.

Likewise don't discuss your employment. Nobody needs to know. Plenty want to because they're nosy, but if you want to talk about it at all just be vague in your job description and certainly don't ever talk about the company you work for.

Be as vague as you want with your details. It's a simple means to maintain discretion. And it won't affect your use of the site at all.

A

By *tar80sWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

In my experience, small towns have much more swinger/deviant experience than one realizes.

I wouldn't advertise but I wouldn't not stop for a drink at the local either.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Don't live you life worrying about other peoples perceptions of you.

A certain amount of anonymity is ok but other peoples opinion of me is neither my business nor my concern.

So long as all are consenting adults enoying our journey through life, rise above social chains of acceptance.

I type this hidden under my bed

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

Me !!! I am at the age. Where I don't give a fuck. As I am single also.

» Add a new message to this topic