FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pass me the label maker!

Pass me the label maker!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This thread was brought on by many posts I've seen on the forums. Usually someone posting along the lines of "well I'm neither one thing or the other and I hate people trying to label me".

An emotive subject for some so please understand from the start that I'm not trolling, just trying to start healthy debate about putting people's sexuality into a labelled category.

Now my position on this is that I have no problem with labelling someone as one thing or another. As long as it is not done negatively or as a term of abuse it's fine. I think it helps people make sense of the world and the people or things in it.

Naturalists have been labelling the world for years, one thing fits into this category or another and sub divisions thereof. So like it or not Homo Sapiens, you already have a label. Pretty much everyone falls into a category of some sort or another for their personalities. Ask any pshrink.

So I believe there are 3 sexuality categories and we all belong to one of them. Straight/gay/Bi. It's to do with who you will willingly have sexual contact with, not who you'd have a relationship with or if you only do it to please a partner.

Straight/gay people are essentially the same, they have a preference and stick with it. But there is a variation to the level of bisexuality, from people who say they are orally bi only, to full on fuck monsters.

So I don't see anything wrong with my 3 tier labeling. I'm not doing it maliciously to cause offence. You have 3 boxes, Straight/Gay people go into their own separate box, Bisexuals into another which possibly has little compartments inside for a few different things but essentially the Bisexual box. That's how I see it and I don't feel it has to be any more complicated than that.

Yet I have no doubt that someone will disagree, with an argument along the lines of "yes but I only have bisexual contact from a stranger while wearing a blindfold on a tuesday afternoon when the moon is in Gemini and the planets are aligned, so I defy your labels clever knickers". Or something like that. And to me that is just an attempt to muddy waters that are perfectly clear, for no other reason than a desperate attempt to "be different".

I certainly think that for this site if people put themselves in the correct category it'd be a help meeting the right people. From my point of view if the "straight" guys who like TV's would jump into the Bisexual box it'd be great. The ones who don't/can't admit what they are, are the ones who tend to stir up the negative feelings from those who do know their mind, and wish they'd stop kidding themselves.

So what's your view? Are you not fussed either way or are you about to rant and call me a label nazi?

P.S No using the jaffa cake analogy as an argument. It's a cake as it goes hard when it's stale. Biscuits go soft. Oooer missus.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

dont worry.

i was labeled single male scum so your not the only one.

if its me they are having a go it then they are leaving someone else alone.

and your right.no one tells you how to meet or what your sexual preferance is.

thats a personal choice and bugger all to do with anyone.

love your analysis of the jaffa cake

Totally agree with the rest... i class myself as bi because even though only on a few ocassions i have been with women i have enjoyed it very much and would certainly do it again.

"love your analysis of the jaffa cake

Totally agree with the rest... i class myself as bi because even though only on a few ocassions i have been with women i have enjoyed it very much and would certainly do it again. "

I don't believe you

Totally agree with the rest... i class myself as bi because even though only on a few ocassions i have been with women i have enjoyed it very much and would certainly do it again.

I don't believe you "

Nice try but your not getting anymore mini clips

I don't believe you

Nice try but your not getting anymore mini clips "

Spoilsport

I don't believe you

Nice try but your not getting anymore mini clips

Spoilsport "

Way too deep for a Saturday morning while gaming, so I am just going to agree entirely with you Jodie.

I have my name written on my labels

Like tease, I have only played with a few women, and that wasnt full on, but I class my self as bi. Would like to go further if and when the oportunity arises

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Clearly I made it too wordy for a Saturday!

Oh well, Halo time.

"Clearly I made it too wordy for a Saturday!

Oh well, Halo time."

an honest post on the forum.

not some of the rubbish seen lately.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I agree to!

I have had a bit of a dabble with woman so label myself bi curious as I'm intending to go further but if I had to choose between the 3 then I'd go Bi x

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i havent had a label since junior school when all my clothes where labelled

"This thread was brought on by many posts I've seen on the forums. Usually someone posting along the lines of "well I'm neither one thing or the other and I hate people trying to label me".

An emotive subject for some so please understand from the start that I'm not trolling, just trying to start healthy debate about putting people's sexuality into a labelled category.

Now my position on this is that I have no problem with labelling someone as one thing or another. As long as it is not done negatively or as a term of abuse it's fine. I think it helps people make sense of the world and the people or things in it.

Naturalists have been labelling the world for years, one thing fits into this category or another and sub divisions thereof. So like it or not Homo Sapiens, you already have a label. Pretty much everyone falls into a category of some sort or another for their personalities. Ask any pshrink.

So I believe there are 3 sexuality categories and we all belong to one of them. Straight/gay/Bi. It's to do with who you will willingly have sexual contact with, not who you'd have a relationship with or if you only do it to please a partner.

Straight/gay people are essentially the same, they have a preference and stick with it. But there is a variation to the level of bisexuality, from people who say they are orally bi only, to full on fuck monsters.

So I don't see anything wrong with my 3 tier labeling. I'm not doing it maliciously to cause offence. You have 3 boxes, Straight/Gay people go into their own separate box, Bisexuals into another which possibly has little compartments inside for a few different things but essentially the Bisexual box. That's how I see it and I don't feel it has to be any more complicated than that.

Yet I have no doubt that someone will disagree, with an argument along the lines of "yes but I only have bisexual contact from a stranger while wearing a blindfold on a tuesday afternoon when the moon is in Gemini and the planets are aligned, so I defy your labels clever knickers". Or something like that. And to me that is just an attempt to muddy waters that are perfectly clear, for no other reason than a desperate attempt to "be different".

I certainly think that for this site if people put themselves in the correct category it'd be a help meeting the right people. From my point of view if the "straight" guys who like TV's would jump into the Bisexual box it'd be great. The ones who don't/can't admit what they are, are the ones who tend to stir up the negative feelings from those who do know their mind, and wish they'd stop kidding themselves.

So what's your view? Are you not fussed either way or are you about to rant and call me a label nazi?

P.S No using the jaffa cake analogy as an argument. It's a cake as it goes hard when it's stale. Biscuits go soft. Oooer missus."

Sounds impeccably reasonable to me……

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

had mmf and sucked a guys cock bt im straight

I'm poly.

Labels used to bother me when I was trying to figure out what box I fit into. Once I figured it out I was happier.

I like people to be who they are. Don't like when people pretend to be something they're not.... But I do understand why they do that. And I forgive them.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Thumbs up xx Agree with every word, especially 'the'.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"had mmf and sucked a guys cock bt im straight "

Did you decide you didn't like it and wouldn't do it again ?

I am bi. Love sex with men and woman, but would only form a loving relationship with a woman

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... my thoughts... the only person who gets to label me is me.....

you may well label me... within freedom of speech that is fine and not anything I can do about it, however I reserve the right to do with your freedom of speech what I like if I don't agree with that opinion....

"had mmf and sucked a guys cock bt im straight "

Do you prefer the straight label as you feel saying you were bi or orally bi has negative connotations?

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"had mmf and sucked a guys cock bt im straight

Did you decide you didn't like it and wouldn't do it again ?"

id do it again it ws a v sexy nite lol

Did someone mention Jaffa Cakes

» Add a new message to this topic