FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Just been anally shafted...

Just been anally shafted...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

By the customs and excise.

Ordered some stuff from the U.S, not delivered today cos nobody in. Post office wants customs charges to be paid. Total cos of goods at point of purchase was £152. Customs want £27 import duty and £181 vat Now this is obviously a cock-up, but I am required to pay the charges and then send the parcel receipts and proof of payment to reclaim the money. There is no other way around it whatsoever. Then the post office now wants another £12 for redelivery from York to Hull.

Rant over but left with a feeling of being anally raped by those that can get away with it!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

"By the customs and excise.

Ordered some stuff from the U.S, not delivered today cos nobody in. Post office wants customs charges to be paid. Total cos of goods at point of purchase was £152. Customs want £27 import duty and £181 vat Now this is obviously a cock-up, but I am required to pay the charges and then send the parcel receipts and proof of payment to reclaim the money. There is no other way around it whatsoever. Then the post office now wants another £12 for redelivery from York to Hull.

Rant over but left with a feeling of being anally raped by those that can get away with it! "

and used sand for lube too

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Whilst you bum hole is still gaping... can my mate Barry come and do ya' to?

Back of Beyond

Got me head together and the calculator out. It should have been £61.82 VAT not 181.16, dunno how they came up with that figure but I AM going to have the money back.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Ooooo thats sooooooooooo naughty of them!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Always use a 'friend' in the USA to buy your gifts...

They send them to you duty free!

Top Tip...

Back of Beyond

Done it that in the past with T shirts and small motorcyle bits Notts.

But this time it would be difficult to explain why a friend would be sending me 6 inground jacuzzi jet body's as a gift

Re-re-calculated cos Katee reckoned it was still wrong. I was robbing myself! Its only 43 quid cos the import duty as well as the vat is less. So only have to pay 43.72. It gets better the more I look at it

"Done it that in the past with T shirts and small motorcyle bits Notts.

But this time it would be difficult to explain why a friend would be sending me 6 inground jacuzzi jet body's as a gift

Re-re-calculated cos Katee reckoned it was still wrong. I was robbing myself! Its only 43 quid cos the import duty as well as the vat is less. So only have to pay 43.72. It gets better the more I look at it "

Friends can be practically minded ya know...

But yeah... see ya point lol!

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

HMRC have, for a good few years, been looking at ways of 'discouraging' people from buying stuff overseas in the hope of saving a few quid.

This sounds like a particularly outrageous scam on their behalf but, by the sound of it, it may well be having the desired effect.

The maximum you can spend without risking import tax is £18 excluding postage, 'friends' sending you stuff can still be taxed but you're allowed £32. Sometimes stuff still works out cheaper if you are caught out.

Also depends who delivers it to you I think it's UPS that changes nearly £30 just handling without and fee

Absolute arse holes, I've ordered loads of stuff in the past but only been caught out maybe 3 times. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your money back x

» Add a new message to this topic