FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bands and temptations...

Bands and temptations...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amschwingerz OP   Couple  over a year ago

West

Having watching Slade in Flame last night..two things hit me..one what a cracking band Slade were...two how easy it was for bands back then to succumb to 'forbidden fruits'..

I dont want to drag up the Gary Glitter Jimmy Savile stuff again..and Im not for the moment infering that slade members were into anything wrong..or other bands you see from back then..

But they had masses of impressionable young and what I would assume underage girls throwing themselves at them all the time...

yeh its accepted that this is still the trend today..but back then 'the norm' seemed different to a degree..I reckon that a lot of the people in those situations didnt even think they were doing anything wrong..or if they did they just thought of that sort of thing as a 'bi-law' of some sorts.

It was quite scary to see how they could get dragged into it..(whether they knew it was wrong or not) many bands were not much older themselves..

And some of those girls might have given there right arm for a kiss/cuddle/etc from their heros...my wife said there seemed to be an innocence/ignorance about it back then...most people couldn't even spell peadophile let alone know what one was..

Now, dont get me wrong, Im not trying to justify anything here..the law is the law..and its there for a reason..In my eyes these 'people' should be dealt with far more severely..If I thought I could get away with it I would love to deal with them personally myself...as most parents would I would imagine...Filthy bastards like Glitter should know better..they are more than old enough to know whats right and wrong..

Just an observation...any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

Totally agree that the responsibility lies with the older guy ( or woman) when young people are involved.

Also agree with your wife, I would of given my right arm for a kiss or cuddle from my idol, but had no idea about the dangers, in my eyes we would wander along a deserted beach, hand in hand, nothing more. I had no idea about abuse etc.

Its great that young people are more aware nowadays, but sad that they have to be.

By *amschwingerz OP   Couple  over a year ago

West

"

Its great that young people are more aware nowadays, but sad that they have to be."

» Add a new message to this topic