FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Last minute help - the wisdom of the Forum

Last minute help - the wisdom of the Forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

In those last couple of busy days before the big Christmas Day someone always needs some help.

Post your Dalai Lama here and trust the wisdom of the forum crowd.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Found out yesterday that not getting paid for being on standby for 7 and half hrs on Christmas Day, not happy does anyone know if this is legal?

I need your help, oh wise ones.

It's Sunday and so I would normally change the sheets today. However, I also like fresh sheets to crawl into after Midnight Mass/midnight massive.

I'm not sure I could bear keeping the sheets on for an extra night (I'm a little OCD about some things) but I'm also not sure I can be arsed to change them twice.

What should I do?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I need your help, oh wise ones.

It's Sunday and so I would normally change the sheets today. However, I also like fresh sheets to crawl into after Midnight Mass/midnight massive.

I'm not sure I could bear keeping the sheets on for an extra night (I'm a little OCD about some things) but I'm also not sure I can be arsed to change them twice.

What should I do?"

sleep on the sofa....

"Found out yesterday that not getting paid for being on standby for 7 and half hrs on Christmas Day, not happy does anyone know if this is legal? "

What does your contract say? What do the company procedures say? You can be on standby and unpaid, your time would be paid for if you are called in. I have always made it a rota system and given a small payment when I have had to arrange this over public holidays.

What should I do?

sleep on the sofa.... "

I don't have one.

"Found out yesterday that not getting paid for being on standby for 7 and half hrs on Christmas Day, not happy does anyone know if this is legal? "

you would need to look at your contract of employment.

an extra hours worked would be explained and also if any extra payment was valid for working unsociable hours or days.

some contracts have terms like 'needs of the business' and these mean you may have to work without extra pay.

anything outside your contracted hours should be payed for and you under no obligation to work unless the 'needs of the business' part of your contract is applied.

as you are on standby it maybe that you will only be payed if you are called to work.

being on standby is unpayed if you are not called, again your contract of employment will explain this.

sadly yes it's legal. However you need to check your T&C's to see if you are entitled to a retainer. If there is nothing in there you can play the custom and practise card assuming you have been paid for it before.

The bottom line is sadly if you are required to be on standby and there is no mention of money anywhere then there is not much you can do.

"Found out yesterday that not getting paid for being on standby for 7 and half hrs on Christmas Day, not happy does anyone know if this is legal?

sadly yes it's legal. However you need to check your T&C's to see if you are entitled to a retainer. If there is nothing in there you can play the custom and practise card assuming you have been paid for it before.

The bottom line is sadly if you are required to be on standby and there is no mention of money anywhere then there is not much you can do."

Thank you. Won't be volunteering to work next Xmas that's for sure.

"Found out yesterday that not getting paid for being on standby for 7 and half hrs on Christmas Day, not happy does anyone know if this is legal?

The bottom line is sadly if you are required to be on standby and there is no mention of money anywhere then there is not much you can do.

Thank you. Won't be volunteering to work next Xmas that's for sure. "

make sure you wear your tie

Is there any way to make the ironing more interesting?

I am sorely tempted to leave it all until the New Year at the moment.

"Is there any way to make the ironing more interesting?

I am sorely tempted to leave it all until the New Year at the moment."

iron naked.

or look in the paper for an ironing service. one woman near me does this and she is well tasty. i dont mind giving her a call i can tell you lol

iron naked.

or look in the paper for an ironing service. one woman near me does this and she is well tasty. i dont mind giving her a call i can tell you lol"

That sounds a bit dangerous. I don't mind if someone else wants to do my ironing naked but they'll have to take out their own insurance.

Back to the pile....

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Blue pill or red pill?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Blue pill or red pill? "

Take both and see if your piss comes out purple.

or take 3 vitamin b2 tablets and turn your wee bright yellow.

you can see it in the dark!

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I am sorely tempted to leave it all until the New Year at the moment."

Post up a meet request for a naked ironer.

You may decide to allow them to wear a pinny if they get the creases extra sharp!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What should I do?"

compromise, change the top one today and the bottom one tomorow

Post up a meet request for a naked ironer.

You may decide to allow them to wear a pinny if they get the creases extra sharp! "

Three hours of ironing done. The puppy did his best to make it erm, interesting.

"Blue pill or red pill?

Take both and see if your piss comes out purple."

Red usually means stop and/or danger so....... take that one.

What should I do?

compromise, change the top one today and the bottom one tomorow "

The C in OCD does not stand for compromise.

» Add a new message to this topic