FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > alone for xmas through choice??

alone for xmas through choice??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * starr - OP   Woman  over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

is anyone else going to spend xmas alone through choice??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

NO, although im sure at some point in the day I will wish I had.

x

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

Up to a couple of years ago I had a few Christmases alone from choice. Blissful days of champagne, pringles, a DVD, plateful of pawn vol-u-vonts and a long afternoon catnap. Have a 4yr old now so that's all gone out of the window

liverpool

TV adverts portray family xmas's so different to reality, according to most adverts we are all supposed to be sat around the table, which is full of hot succulent food, smiling and laughing, wearing our paper hats, exchanging expensive gifts and acting like the Waltons. Reality is so different, and sometimes I feel a bit of a failure in not achieving 'the perfect xmas'.

But the day passes, and we have yesterdays left-overs for buffet on Boxing day and thank feck its all over lol.

By *dsuzieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-upon-trent

That would be my blissful christmas, shame no chance xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yeah, my family are abroad and I chose this year not to go... I am really looking forward to it.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Just me and the daughter as the rest of the family are all going away for Xmas. I cannot wait!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Indeed I do, have done so since mid 80s, and the number of times I spent it with more than one person other than my then other half at the time could be counted with one hands with fingers to spare, and they all ended in tears on my part.

Looking forward to 2 days of gourmet feasts for me and the pets, can't wait!

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Seems to be a load of almost anti-social sentiment on this thread!

We will have the our children and Grandchildren plus Mother and Father- in Law here for Christmas day and we are really looking forward to it! I know the adverts portray a lie for most families, but we take no notice of it and get on with our own, chilled family day..

I (Pete) love it so much, I will even let my dear Mother-in-Law watch what she likes on the tele.. We will gather round the tree for presents. I will also do most of the cooking and clearing up and also make the tea as needed.. We will have a nap at times, we will play board games and we will be watching tele, not all at the same time though... lol

BTW... WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Wooohooo

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Seems to be a load of almost anti-social sentiment on this thread!

We will have the our children and Grandchildren plus Mother and Father- in Law here for Christmas day and we are really looking forward to it! I know the adverts portray a lie for most families, but we take no notice of it and get on with our own, chilled family day..

I (Pete) love it so much, I will even let my dear Mother-in-Law watch what she likes on the tele.. We will gather round the tree for presents. I will also do most of the cooking and clearing up and also make the tea as needed.. We will have a nap at times, we will play board games and we will be watching tele, not all at the same time though... lol

BTW... WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Wooohooo "

Then you are very lucky to have such a tight knit family...There are people that don't have that and I don't think they are anti social.. Just don't have the loving family to spend it with.. Or there those that are so content with their own company they wish to spend it on their own and enjoy their day by themselves...

liverpool

Def not meant as anti social.

If I had the people I have loved all alive and able to sit around my table I would be totally happy.

Anyone who has the perfect Christmas gathering is blessed.

Enjoy x

I'm 51 years old and this year I am spending my 1st ever Xmas alone through choice. Remains to be seen how I manage to cope with it as it is unchartered territory for me...

Epsilon

Perhaps I am a tad anti-social.

However, why should I spend valuable free time with people I barely know or dislike, for the sake of playing happy family at any time of the year, and not just Christmas???!!!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

" ...........

Anyone who has the perfect Christmas gathering is blessed.

Enjoy x"

And for some the perfect Christmas is alone. Not lonely, just alone.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm 51 years old and this year I am spending my 1st ever Xmas alone through choice. Remains to be seen how I manage to cope with it as it is unchartered territory for me...

Epsilon"

What is there to cope with?

This is an opportunity to do exactly what you want.

Eat what you want, drink what you want, watch whatever telly you waant, go out for a walk, volunteer at a charity or, and this is the important bit, do nothing at all.

Enjoy.

I've never spent christmas alone and I've always had christmases similar to Rumour's description.

I do believe though that people should do as they wish at christmas. I know for me I wouldn't like to be on my own. I would like to try christmas abroad though

Am at one brothers on xmas day and at the other brothers on boxing day.

great.no cooking and be waited on hand and foot.

The rest of the time will be spent with various mates , just relaxing

liverpool

Sometimes I think it doesnt matter what I say.......Ill get quoted and 'put right'

Its not Thursday yet.

ok,,,, anyone who has the perfect Christmas that they would percieve as being perfect in their opinion is blessed

Enjoy x

By *ssexguy69Man  over a year ago

around and about thurrock

yes xmas eve up till xmas day afternoon ill be on my own how boring

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yup alone

yup my choice

yup no need to justify it

enjoy if with family or on your own...

I love Christmas too

Be my first Christmas with family in 7 years but I've spent many Christmases alone.

Spending xmas with my mister and kids bliss, spend a christmas alone before and never again I hated it thank goodness for partners n kids

All i want for christmas is enough alcohol to get me threw it.. Not looking forward to it at all.. I will be alone.. Think i might volenteer at the salvation army or something..

Hate christmas.. Told everyone to not bother getting me anything too.. ..sad time of year..

liverpool

"All i want for christmas is enough alcohol to get me threw it.. Not looking forward to it at all.. I will be alone.. Think i might volenteer at the salvation army or something..

Hate christmas.. Told everyone to not bother getting me anything too.. ..sad time of year.. "

(((((hugs)))))

By * starr - OP   Woman  over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

its a sad time for me too, but i choose to be alone, and i like it that way.no arguing, can watch all the tv i want, when i want, dont have to get up at the crack of dawn either.and if i want to have a little cry over my sad times ican without being mollycoddled or constantly asked whats up.

pure bliss.

but i hope everyone tries to have a good day, whether alone or with family.

i will be glad when its all over and the hype has returned to normality.

By *ussypussWoman  over a year ago

South Birmingham waiting for the bf to come back after crimbo

Just me and teenage son for 7th Crimbo in a row. We'll probably not emerge from our respective bedrooms till at least midday. The past 6 yrs have been sort of by choice but this year I have a new man in my life but he's gonna be playing happy families with his estranged but suddenly reappeared wifey and extended family. I've not seen him at all this week and now won't see him until at least 5th Jan

Def not going to be a happy time for me, considering a very big bottle of voddy to keep me totally out of it until the new year hits, then see if next year is going to be any better than this month

For the past 11 years, I (Mr A) have worked all through Christmas, so had gotten used to spending it alone. (when I wasn't in crappy work anyway.)

I used to quite enjoy not having to have christmas, I always thought of all the money I was saving on tree's lol

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Anyone who took offence or thought I was "putting them right" in my post, please accept my apologies. All I was stating was that anyone who would spend Christmas alone through choice is anti-social at the most social of times of the year. Yes, everyone has a choice.... BUT (didn't you know that was coming!)

Looking through the posts, I note one thing as evident in most. It is not really through choice at all, it is having no one they want to spend the time with. I see that as different to "choosing".

I think it is sad that anyone has to be alone at any time of the year. Yes, you may like your own company enough to opt out of celebrations, but I don't see that in this thread..

I wish you all a pleasant Christmas and whether you spend it alone through "choice" or because you have no one to spend it with, I hope you will take this as a sincere wish..

» Add a new message to this topic