FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > working over xmas

working over xmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layfullsam OP   Man  over a year ago

Solihull

local petrol station is advertising as being open xmas day 10-3 ffs who cant plan to fill up with fuel so the workers can have the day with family

are you working over xmas and boxing day ?

have you got used to it or do you hate it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yep working all days - support workers clients need us every day - some several times a day - has to be done

Forum Mod

Im working some of it,its just a part of what I do,im used to it but my family that live far away hate it,we'll have our get together between christmas and new year

I'm off Christmas day but working nights Christmas eve and new years eve

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I've got 2 weeks off over Christmas but I have worked Christmas day in the past in a call centre.

"yep working all days - support workers clients need us every day - some several times a day - has to be done"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My son is working over christmas, i think alot do these days

I work every day of the year

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I hope you get paid double and an extra 2 days off to make up for it. Years ago, my father was away one Christmas Day so we postponed it till he got back a day later.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Yep, working and on-call throughout the festive period.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I work every day of the year "

I should hope so too!

2 weeks off for me!

By *azzaahhWoman  over a year ago

north wales / chester

Nights Xmas eve and 8-12..boxing day. Triple time Xmas day double time boxing day

I'm working Christmas Eve till 630 then on standby Christmas Day 7 am till 2 30 then a late sleepin Boxing Day.

Had Christmas with kids last weekend and depending on what happens Christmas Day I may get to drive to them for dinner, if not will be me myself and I Christmas Day.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I'm a support worker so xmas is just another day I don't get a day off until the 27th

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

If I was fully competent in my new volunteering role I would have put my down for a shift but my mentor didn't want to work Christmas day so I couldnt

im working xmas eve. xmas day, boxing day, new years eve and new years day

At least i wont be sat at home over the holidays eating and drinking for a week and gain 2 stone, see theres always a bright side if you look for it

xmas day was a wicked day to work.

this year im working new years eve and new years day

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am sorry to say but I break up Friday until the 4th...

"I'm a support worker so xmas is just another day I don't get a day off until the 27th"

i will be thinking of you as im on my rounds

I'm late shift Christmas Day & Boxing day .

Then I'm on night shifts from the 29th until 0800hrs on the 3rd. My only days off from now until 6th January are weekdays

I wouldn't mind but it's not even double time lol

The joys of working for the NSH.

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

i am working everyday except xmas day people are still ill no matter what a day it is i dont mind workign as people still expect the hospital to be oworking on full steam just becaus eit xmas it dont stop

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

My sister-in law works in asda and was asked by a customer if they open as normal on Christmas day I would have told her yes we will open just for you

By *lackboaWoman  over a year ago

greenock

NHS here too......i get Xmas day off but am working the rest......

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I am on holiday the whole time but I thank those working... well done

By *anSusieCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

i,susie,working boxingday but New Years day off....we either get one or the other.

Shops should be closed on both christmasday+boxingday.The amount of food ppl buy for christmas surely last for 2 days!!!......and the ppl who love the Sales surely they can wait till the 27!

We are both off from Friday to 7th jan

"local petrol station is advertising as being open xmas day 10-3 ffs who cant plan to fill up with fuel so the workers can have the day with family

have you got used to it or do you hate it"

Not me but those who are may not celibate Christmas.

By *annGentMan  over a year ago

With a cracking _iew

Off Xmas Eve and Day, then nights from Boxing Day.

Usually working it, as prefer colleagues with kids to benefit.

Xmas fits in with our unit, not the other way round !

Christmas day is my only day off otherwise working and happy to work. I used to be in a job that insisted you worked 10 days over the christmas / New Year period without a day off. To make matters worse it wasn't even an essential service!! Not having the choice of any time off made it the worst christmas i ever had.

I take my hat off to all you who are in essential services, you do a wonderful job

By *unflowersWoman  over a year ago

exeter

2 x 12 hr shifts myself xmas day and boxing day .. no extra pay .. xmas whats that?

Working boxing day, anf new years day, joys of being a nurse, patients still need looking after x

By *awty nannaWoman  over a year ago

sheffield

working xmas day, but quite enjoy cooking lunch for our 30 residents, x

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Working Christmas Day, 12 - 6. Someone has to help serve all those people that can't or don't want to cook Christmas dinner.

Do have Boxing day off though. And due to a favour I did for the rota manager earlier in the year, I've got New Year's eve and day off!!!

I am on-call over Christmas and Boxing Days and may need to go into work if disaster strikes, and shall be suitably remunerated if I do need to go in.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not working at all here... Finish on Thursday until 7th January.

By *xcumMan  over a year ago

kidderminster

To all the nursing staff a big hug and thank you. What would we do without you all xxxxx

I'm working christmas eve and then have 2 days off. Its a great working environment at christmas though

I am off from this Friday until 7th jan , but being self employed it means I don't get payed. My choice though so I won't grumble.

Ju is also off all this time so we shall make sure we make the most of it.

The last 4 years, I have worked Christmas day but I don't work Boxing day as that is my birthday. This year I am not working Christmas day so will be able to spend it with my children and two new grandchildren

The local petrol station, a Tesco's one opens every year, guess its a lucrative business for those who have forgotten stuff as that is why I went there one year, d'oh

Ahhh I got three weeks off this year!

Did work a christmas day a few years back, in a call centre.

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

"local petrol station is advertising as being open xmas day 10-3 ffs who cant plan to fill up with fuel so the workers can have the day with family

Is it owned or run by Christians? If not, this may be the reason it is open because other religions do not celebrate the occasion. And there will be some who dont plan properly!!

I am fortunate that I have three weeks off this year, finished last Friday and return on the 7th Jan, loving it just switching off and relaxing, oh yes!!

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Some of us work all thru christmas and new year and need these petrol stations to keep us on the road so everyone out having a gd time can get there and home safe

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

working nights all over christmas and no double pay ether as boss dont belive in it and gods knows how ive managed it have new yr off they havent noticed yet theres no cover for me lmao but im sticking to me guns and having it off 1st time in yrs

"Nights Xmas eve and 8-12..boxing day. Triple time Xmas day double time boxing day"

Triple time!!! Good heavens, I thought the days of the sort of pay went out years ago. Double time Xmas day & Boxing Day & New Year's Day for those working for the company I work for.

Working both but don't have any kids so happy to work if it means those that do can spend the time with family.

yep working christmas day and boxing day also new years eve.

worked xmas day when i was in army, but the families look after the ones that have to stay on duty, soo its a good atmosphere

We're not working Xmas Day, but an old school friend of ours is. From 5pm until 5am in the Service Area on the A2 near us, so I will be trying to stay sober so that Crackling-Perky and I can take a drive out there sometime in the evening and spend an hour with her.

Hate the thought of her having to work Xmas night, and her Mum's attitude towards her this year (which neither of us can get our heads around) just makes it worse...

No I get all Xmas n new year off this year as I'm on maternity leave

"No I get all Xmas n new year off this year as I'm on maternity leave "

that's an extreme way of getting the festive period off work

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"We're not working Xmas Day, but an old school friend of ours is. From 5pm until 5am in the Service Area on the A2 near us, so I will be trying to stay sober so that Crackling-Perky and I can take a drive out there sometime in the evening and spend an hour with her.

"

You so sweet....Yes i work xmas day....from my blackberry checking work emails from africa

"We're not working Xmas Day, but an old school friend of ours is. From 5pm until 5am in the Service Area on the A2 near us, so I will be trying to stay sober so that Crackling-Perky and I can take a drive out there sometime in the evening and spend an hour with her.

You so sweet....Yes i work xmas day....from my blackberry checking work emails from africa "

Ain't life a bitch sometimes......

I have worked every Christmas since 1993 - other than 1 when I was redundant.

I work in logistics and alas it never stops.

I don't have to be office based Christmas Day, Boxing Day and NYD but I will be 'on call' those days + in the office all the others.

Doesn't phase me, but is perhaps but one reason why Christmas, to me, is just another day.

sheffield

You so sweet....Yes i work xmas day....from my blackberry checking work emails from africa

Ain't life a bitch sometimes......

"

Tell me about it. And i hate (not) my company for forcing me check if any rich chinese kids send me an email asking about how much it will cost him to book a luxury room for his studies next year...Real bitch this life

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

Im an aithiest so workin over this time is neirther here nor their. Just sick of god bothers comming out of the woodwork for their yearly religion fix...

sheffield

"Im an aithiest so workin over this time is neirther here nor their. Just sick of god bothers comming out of the woodwork for their yearly religion fix... "
eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmm...what does this have to do with god????

"Im an aithiest so workin over this time is neirther here nor their. Just sick of god bothers comming out of the woodwork for their yearly religion fix... eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmm...what does this have to do with god???? "

Er, kinda everything. Christmas is supposed to be the baby Jesus's birthday...he's apparently the son of God.

I'm working all over Christmas and new year here.

sheffield

"Im an aithiest so workin over this time is neirther here nor their. Just sick of god bothers comming out of the woodwork for their yearly religion fix... eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmm...what does this have to do with god????

Er, kinda everything. Christmas is supposed to be the baby Jesus's birthday...he's apparently the son of God.

I'm working all over Christmas and new year here."

There is nowhere in the bible that mention that Jesus was born on the 25th december

"Im an aithiest so workin over this time is neirther here nor their. Just sick of god bothers comming out of the woodwork for their yearly religion fix... eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmm...what does this have to do with god????

I'm working all over Christmas and new year here. There is nowhere in the bible that mention that Jesus was born on the 25th december "

Bloody Romans!

I'm working all over Christmas and new year here. There is nowhere in the bible that mention that Jesus was born on the 25th december "

hubbys now working Christmas day 7:30-6 hopefully he will get home during the day for lunch at least or it will be just me and the kids for dinner

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I started a 2 week shift last thurs workin 24 hour shifts,14 hour shifts and a few 7 hour shifts. I'm working 7am xmas eve finishing 2pm xmas day. Then 2pm-9pm boxing day it would be nice to be paid overtime rate but that won't happen lol.

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

I'm working all over Christmas and new year here. There is nowhere in the bible that mention that Jesus was born on the 25th december

Bloody Romans! "

What have the Romans ever given us...?

sheffield

I'm working all over Christmas and new year here. There is nowhere in the bible that mention that Jesus was born on the 25th december

Bloody Romans!

What have the Romans ever given us...? "

spartacus. Lead to a nice tv serie with plenty of fit girls

» Add a new message to this topic