FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Andy Murray

Andy Murray

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How come they knew he was gonna get 3rd place last nite, they had a guy there to give him his award?

Was Live and based on Phone Votes

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

They didn't but like any good live event, they had a back up trophy in Miami for Murrey and in Perth for Hoy just incase they won.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wanna know how someone with no personality came 3rd in a personality vote

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"I wanna know how someone with no personality came 3rd in a personality vote "

Invariably it's not about the personality at all else someone who hadn't won anything but was a 'lovely bloke' or 'terrific lady' would win it.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"I wanna know how someone with no personality came 3rd in a personality vote

Invariably it's not about the personality at all else someone who hadn't won anything but was a 'lovely bloke' or 'terrific lady' would win it."

True, and the cyclist that would have been nominated and won it would have been the lady from The Olympics called laura Trott I think, who was so bubbly and giggly in her inter_iews after winning 1 or 2 golds, she didn't even make the short list...

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

Invariably it's not about the personality at all else someone who hadn't won anything but was a 'lovely bloke' or 'terrific lady' would win it."

Terrific bloke? Murray is an arsehole

he speaks highly of you of course

By * n SCouple  over a year ago

dundee

Invariably it's not about the personality at all else someone who hadn't won anything but was a 'lovely bloke' or 'terrific lady' would win it.

Terrific bloke? Murray is an arsehole"

You know him personally?

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

I'm sure Andy will cop that gong when he wins Wimbledon next year.

Terrific bloke? Murray is an arsehole"

why?

" I'm sure Andy will cop that gong when he wins Wimbledon next year.

"

If he wins Wimbledon I will vote for him myself.... somehow I think my money is safe!

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

The guy has done well and deserves some respect for his efforts…. Whether he should have come 3rd is not really a big deal in my mind….

I imagine the Scottish vote helped elevate his position…. But fair play to him, that’s what’s its all about, the public will decide…

By *damandeve4funCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"The guy has done well and deserves some respect for his efforts…. Whether he should have come 3rd is not really a big deal in my mind….

I imagine the Scottish vote helped elevate his position…. But fair play to him, that’s what’s its all about, the public will decide…

"

I would suggest that it was the anti-Scottish vote that made sure he didn't win and the English one that made sure Wiggins and Ennis were above him...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"The guy has done well and deserves some respect for his efforts…. Whether he should have come 3rd is not really a big deal in my mind….

I would suggest that it was the anti-Scottish vote that made sure he didn't win and the English one that made sure Wiggins and Ennis were above him..."

I would suggest that you are sounding a little bit paranoid...

Glasgow

There is nobody with no personality. He might have a personality you don't like, but he has one like all of us. You can hardly say that Bradley Wiggins has a scintillating personality can you? If it wasn't for his haircut and suit, he would be Mr Bland.

Wiggins' Tour victory was a great achievement. But it was in a minority sport tainted by drugs and one that required a big team effort.

Ennis did well too, but she is in a sport also tainted by drugs and in a discipline where there are few rivals (athletes tend to go into heptathlon/decathlon when they are not that great at individual disciplines).

Murray's achievements (two Olympics golds, Wimbledon finalist and first British major winner since 1936) were in a major sport untainted by drugs.

Truth be told, there were so many great achievements this year. Sir Chris Hoy and Rory McIlroy would have also been worthy winners.

But the British public voted - and not enough of them voted for the Scots or Northern Irish...

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

[Removed by poster at 17/12/12 11:55:48]

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Bradley Wiggins made people laugh, he told jokes, he has a personality that shone through, nothing to do with sideburns or clothes.

The only time Andy Murray made people laugh was when he looked really pissed he got third and fluffed his acceptance speech.

*edited because of spelling mistake.

Torquay

So if the great British public dislike the Scots so much....why was it that a Scotsman won in 2008?....

I would suggest that it was the anti-Scottish vote that made sure he didn't win and the English one that made sure Wiggins and Ennis were above him..."

Glasgow

I would suggest that it was the anti-Scottish vote that made sure he didn't win and the English one that made sure Wiggins and Ennis were above him...

I would suggest that you are sounding a little bit paranoid..."

Having lived in England for several years, I know how anti-Scottish a lot of English people can be. Unfortunately, it also works the other way, with many Scots being anti-English. So it is hardly paranoia. just an opinion the result of harsh experience.

I was simply countering the assertion that somehow Murray only came third because of Scottish votes when his achievements actually merited him winning it, not coming behind Wiggins and Ennis.

Glasgow

"Bradley Wiggins made people laugh, he told jokes, he has a personality that shone through, nothing to do with sideburns or clothes.

The only time Andy Murray made people laugh was when he looked really pissed he got third and fluffed his acceptance speech.

*edited because of spelling mistake. "

Maybe it is just different taste in humour. For instance, the nation seemed to love Chris Moyles while I could listen to whole show and not even raise a smile once at his sexism, homophobia and adolescent tomfoolery.

Likewise, many don't appreciate Murray's humour, while Wiggins didn't make me laugh once.

Torquay

Tony McCoy....2010 winner....Northern Ireland

Ryan Giggs....2009 winner....Welsh

Mark Cavendish....2011 winner...Isle of Man

Kind of blows a big hole in your theory

Glasgow

"So if the great British public dislike the Scots so much....why was it that a Scotsman won in 2008?...."

There was no real contest in 2008. Sir Chris Hoy was the outstanding candidate. This time there was a plethora of outstanding candidates who would have won it any other year.

When it is such a close contest, similar to what happens in shows like X Factor, those with the biggest "home" support tend to win.

Even the bookmakers had Bradley to win, Jess to come second, Andy in a close forth place just behind Mo…..

So I guess anyone with sour grapes he came third is somewhat out of kilter with public feeling,,,, the guy is obviously a very popular sports star and its shame people wish to taint the celebration of a fantastic year of sport by criticising the results or the persona of individuals who demonstrated such amazing commitment needed to bring British success….

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

How small minded a statement is that...

take the chip off, may well help your balance..

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

I'm English and I like Murray. He seems to have a very dry sense if humour which appeals to me. He also appears to be genuinely popular and respected amongst his fellow professionals, which points to him having some kind of likeable personality.

I'd take someone who wins regularly over a perennial good loser with a fabulous personality any day of the week !

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

there is more anti English nonsense spouted in Scotland than there is anti Scottish nonsense spouted down South....

from my experience of living in both

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

I'm an English Murray fan, but thought he was up against it last night.

There were plenty of people who were worthy of winning, but there can only be one.

"there is more anti English nonsense spouted in Scotland than there is anti Scottish nonsense spouted down South....

from my experience of living in both"

In my experience if only that was true........

"

How small minded a statement is that...

take the chip off, may well help your balance.. "

Erm I believe the poster was balancing his statement about one made previously ! Context is everything

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Turning this into an english versus the rest of the kingdom again?

And for the poster who think Andy is an arsehole that is a bit out of order

Well I think its admirable he pushes himself so hard…

After all he could easily sit back and live a life of luxury with all the money his family make from selling those mints……

"there is more anti English nonsense spouted in Scotland than there is anti Scottish nonsense spouted down South....

from my experience of living in both"

True but you cant fault Murry for being patriotic full marks for that. Shame he is also a bit of a twat with it.

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

hard year this time;wiggo had to win

nobody from these shores has done

what he did;

but murray deserves some reward

from the public;to put all the daft stuff behind

Torquay

Murray had an incredible year, in any other year he would have won SPOTY with ease.

By *idsmateyMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

We won't shout about the fact that Wiggo was born in Belgium

Best person won it but could of gone to any of them really.

Andy Murray is only Scottish when he losses and British when he wins... ie first British grand slam winner in 75 years.... or the Scots boy fell short in the final...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I think he's lovely. Gorgeous eyes.

» Add a new message to this topic