FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Lights of Life

Lights of Life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yup, it is that time of the year, and I am feeling philosophical and a tad emotional, so please bear with me.

When my late partner died suddenly over 4 years ago, a light went out of my life and plunged me into darkness.

It was not a guiding light, however, it was bright and colourful, yet somewhat unpredictable, like fireworks.

I did not stay in the darkness for long, as I had other lights in my life.

Lights such as friends, family, my cat, my house, my car. They were the constant lights that never failed to provide warmth and comfort.

I also found a new light shortly after his death, in the form of his dog that I decided to keep as my own. I loved that little dog ever since he came to stay at mine on his first day away from his mum and littermates. To him, I was his mum, and it felt right for me to keep him.

Gradually, I found new lights, in the form of new extra curricular activities that I enjoy, like camping and dancing. And I have developed other interests.

And I found FAB!

I have had some great times via FAB, getting to know peeps, some of whom have become firm friends; and I have had my share of sexy fun.

The new lights may not be as bright and colourful as the one provided by my late partner, however, they are different.

They still make me feel warm, cosy and content; and from time to time, provide some much needed sparkles and colours.

So peeps, cherish the lights in your life.

Some are there constantly, take good care of these, as they provide light when the others come and go.

For those lights that have gone out, cherish their memories. However, don't dwell on them or you may miss out on the new lights that can potentially bring you new joy and excitement.

That's my reflection of the year.

Hope it makes sense.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

Makes perfect sense, and what a lovely way to put it x

Thanks! I have silly moment like this once in a while.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pearl that is beautiful

By *kip123Man  over a year ago

Barry

When wife fell asleep in my arms a couple of years ago. My world collapsed. Friends and people would say time is a great healer but it is not time that does the healing. It is the memory and the support of the person you lost that get you through it. They may not be in sight but their presence is there standing right along side you

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Makes complete sense, well said and thank you for sharing.

It's a good and sound philospophy.

Actually made me tear up a little bit because it resonates very strongly with me and I just received a text from one of the constant lights in my life and its reminded me to cherish her more.

"Same when my mum passed away in 1988. My world collapsed. Friends and people would say time is a great healer but it is not time that does the healing.(time still hasn't healed to this day) It is the memory and the support of the person you lost that get you through it. They may not be in sight but their presence is there standing right along side you"

Billy

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I know this is going to sound weird but since you posted this thread another person who I only hear from very rarely but who I class as a very good friend has texted me asking about the issue that I am currently struggling with

Coincidence or karma?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A friend off mine has cancer and I woke up this morning thinking I should txt her. No need she txt me but it's a reminder to all to keep in contact with those you care for.

This thread was inspired by yet another light in the house going out.

The light inside the oven decided to die yesterday.

Electrical items have a tendency to play silly buggers around this time of the year, and I believe it is my late partner's way to remind me of him.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"This thread was inspired by yet another light in the house going out.

The light inside the oven decided to die yesterday.

Electrical items have a tendency to play silly buggers around this time of the year, and I believe it is my late partner's way to remind me of him. "

Better make sure you have a load of replacement bulbs and fuses over Christmas

Indeed!

Can't be arsed to fixed the one in the oven, as I am not sure if it can be done on my own easily.

Besides, I always open the door to check the food while it is being cooked.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

very nice indeed

Xxxxxxxx

Thank you for sharing this, its brought s tear to my eyes. Remember no one truely leaves you, they are just in the next room waiting

Close to 20 years since my first wife died, and all that annoying rubbish they say about time healing turns out to be true, her light is still missed, but new lights can be just as bright eventually.

Have a great Xmas, I still have one day to drown my sorrows each holiday season but never Xmas day (we had young kids at the time, so I couldn't be sad) and I promise you it gets better over time.

I still "talk" to him from time to time, like asking him to watch over me and the pets, and to wish me luck whenever I am out to meet a new gent etc...

Me too x

Forum Mod

What an emotional but lovely thread,its given me goosebumps xx

Don't worry, it only happens about once a year, as I am usually a happy go lucky bunny.

Thank you for sharing this Pearl, you've put it beautifully. You certainly have your moments don't you.

Sadly my uncle passed away this morning. I'm sad obviously, but he's in a better place and pain free shame it happened this time of year.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Thanks! I have silly moment like this once in a while. "

Nothing silly about it..

very touching..

"Sadly my uncle passed away this morning. I'm sad obviously, but he's in a better place and pain free shame it happened this time of year. "

Deepest condolunces to you and your familly, xc

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyou know im thinking of youxxxxxxx

Another light bulb died this evening in the kitchen!

I have always maintained that none can hold a candle to my deceased partner or burn as brightly as he did.

But there are many in my life who's flame while not as bright, has been steadfast constant and enduring. For that I am thankful.

I know how you feel Pearl. (((((( hugs ))))))

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"When wife fell asleep in my arms a couple of years ago. My world collapsed. Friends and people would say time is a great healer but it is not time that does the healing. It is the memory and the support of the person you lost that get you through it. They may not be in sight but their presence is there standing right along side you"

Very nicely worded.

Carambar

Well I think it's lovely and may you have lots more lights to brighten your life

"Sadly my uncle passed away this morning. I'm sad obviously, but he's in a better place and pain free shame it happened this time of year.

Deepest condolunces to you and your familly, xc"

Same here

"Yup, it is that time of the year, and I am feeling philosophical and a tad emotional, so please bear with me.

When my late partner died suddenly over 4 years ago, a light went out of my life and plunged me into darkness.

It was not a guiding light, however, it was bright and colourful, yet somewhat unpredictable, like fireworks.

I did not stay in the darkness for long, as I had other lights in my life.

Lights such as friends, family, my cat, my house, my car. They were the constant lights that never failed to provide warmth and comfort.

I also found a new light shortly after his death, in the form of his dog that I decided to keep as my own. I loved that little dog ever since he came to stay at mine on his first day away from his mum and littermates. To him, I was his mum, and it felt right for me to keep him.

Gradually, I found new lights, in the form of new extra curricular activities that I enjoy, like camping and dancing. And I have developed other interests.

And I found FAB!

I have had some great times via FAB, getting to know peeps, some of whom have become firm friends; and I have had my share of sexy fun.

The new lights may not be as bright and colourful as the one provided by my late partner, however, they are different.

They still make me feel warm, cosy and content; and from time to time, provide some much needed sparkles and colours.

So peeps, cherish the lights in your life.

Some are there constantly, take good care of these, as they provide light when the others come and go.

For those lights that have gone out, cherish their memories. However, don't dwell on them or you may miss out on the new lights that can potentially bring you new joy and excitement.

That's my reflection of the year.

Hope it makes sense. "

Such a lovely way you have put that Pearl, I lost my Dad 7 years ago on Saturday gone very suddenly and can identify with what you are saying.

Thank you for your post and I am glad you still have light in your life.

"Sadly my uncle passed away this morning. I'm sad obviously, but he's in a better place and pain free shame it

happened this time of year. "

Sorry to hear of your loss, it is a very difficult time of the year to loss a loved one.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Xx

By *aturasqCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences .

X

» Add a new message to this topic