FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Life

Life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am a big believer in life is what you make of it, no matter what hand you are dealt in life there is always a flip side and it is you that controls it!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Totally agree with u,but I think some times escpically when it's love etc its hard to control but every person can and will only take so much

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

But its you that controls the breaking point.

"But its you that controls the breaking point."

How can it be if the other breaks first

Sorry, disagree. People experience things that are beyond their control every day.

It's possible to control how you react to something or how you think about it but to say that life is what you make it and that you control it is rather glib.

No matter how much you put into life, bad things can, and do, happen suddenly.

Illness, accidents, natural disasters...

Topically, where was the control of what they made of life for the people who were killed in the tragic mass shooting in the US, and for their friends and families?

We all have responsibility for our own lives and our own happiness but there are lots of external factors beyond our control that can influence matters.

"But its you that controls the breaking point."

No, it's not. Mental health has limits too and there's only so much that can be done about that.

Saying a person decides when to break mentally is like saying a person decides when one of their bones will break, or when they'll catch a cold, or if they'll develop cancer.

Put enough pressure on and things break, whether you want them to, or not and whether you decide to allow it or not.

Agree with Tiger, life is what you make it to a point, but bad things can happen that are beyond your control, and it's how you can push through or come to terms with the problems.

I think in most occasions you can put a positive spin on anything. Or a negative.... Depends on how you look at it. My mate used to say I was really lucky. I'm not at all, I just try to see things in a positive light no matter how crap it is.

By *pontanious3Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

as much as bad things happen out of our control...i tend to focus on the good things...whether its my doing or just life in general....i see the good in the everything...if its negative..i just ignore it !lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Sorry, disagree. People experience things that are beyond their control every day.

It's possible to control how you react to something or how you think about it but to say that life is what you make it and that you control it is rather glib.

No matter how much you put into life, bad things can, and do, happen suddenly.

Illness, accidents, natural disasters...

Topically, where was the control of what they made of life for the people who were killed in the tragic mass shooting in the US, and for their friends and families?

We all have responsibility for our own lives and our own happiness but there are lots of external factors beyond our control that can influence matters."

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 15/12/12 07:54:13]

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Life can deal very, very cruel blows and more often than not, not of your making... Some overcome, some don't and not through choice or the lack of fight.

By *haunMan  over a year ago

Halton

I heard something that I thought was quite interesting yesterday.

They were talking about the two most important things in their life.

1) The single best thing that has ever happened to them.

And

2) The single worst thing that has ever happened to them.

These are the extremes that your life is guided by, how you dealt with the low to accept / move on. And how you can try and get close or exceed your best so it becomes your new high.

All the rest of your life falls somewhere in-between.

I am not saying it is as simple as that!

But to me it slightly puts it in balance / perspective.

» Add a new message to this topic