FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > profile help!!! genuine or just looking 4 an ego boost

profile help!!! genuine or just looking 4 an ego boost

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *am123 OP   Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

thoughts? if it is an ego thing u wont find it on this forum thats for sure

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Don't think it's an ego boost. Most of the requests are from new members

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Unless they are into vitual s&m then cant see it being an ego boost.

essex chelmsford

"Unless they are into vitual s&m then cant see it being an ego boost."
lol

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 14/12/12 13:36:08]

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

brand new people dipping their toe into the swinging world, often confused by what is the best approach as we know 'no one size fits all'....

plus the people who are returning for the umpteenth time, know the script so want the attention and hopeful they may attract someone.

both are ok really

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Considering the feedback they get is almost universally negativ.... er, "constructive" then I'd say it ain't gonna massage their ego very much if that's the real reason they did it.

As already said, however, as most are from newbies I don't think there's anything disingenuous in these.

What is annoying, though, is when the same person makes multiple threads asking for advice but always ignores the suggestions they're given.

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

A lot seem to be from single guys (like me) who come onto the site thinking it's an easy way to get quick free sex at a moments notice (UNlike me!) - they get quickly frustrated and resort to 'Woe is me' or Help' threads (if they can be bothered to find the forum!)

Some 'help' threads are from genuine people, who are very new to the scene, and are looking for a little assistance from others getting that elusive first meet... Unfortunately, they are the minority!

Some are attention seeking - not bothered about how their profile looks really, but by asking for help, they are increasing their exposure to people.

Some just haven't got a clue and will ignore all the good advice anyway. You can't help some people it seems...!

essex chelmsford

"A lot seem to be from single guys (like me) who come onto the site thinking it's an easy way to get quick free sex at a moments notice (UNlike me!) - they get quickly frustrated and resort to 'Woe is me' or Help' threads (if they can be bothered to find the forum!)

Some 'help' threads are from genuine people, who are very new to the scene, and are looking for a little assistance from others getting that elusive first meet... Unfortunately, they are the minority!

Some are attention seeking - not bothered about how their profile looks really, but by asking for help, they are increasing their exposure to people.

Some just haven't got a clue and will ignore all the good advice anyway. You can't help some people it seems...!

"

good post

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A lot seem to be from single guys (like me) who come onto the site thinking it's an easy way to get quick free sex at a moments notice (UNlike me!) - they get quickly frustrated and resort to 'Woe is me' or Help' threads (if they can be bothered to find the forum!)

"

Summed up perfectly. And like the new profile pic too, mate

"thoughts? if it is an ego thing u wont find it on this forum thats for sure "

I this some secretly relish that type of thread at times. I have seen as many others have totally different reactions dependent on gender etc. It will be far more critical if its a male than a female for example. I also see some make forum uses try and play the "well you are different to me as I am a new man and understand women need card" with a _iew or a hope that female forum users will see them as potential however in reality this seldom is the end result.

There are however many genuine helpful members of the forums who will genuinely try to help and get frustrated at the lack of ears. Ego boosting well there are far more blatant threads of other natures that are more effective s they can be amusing as well.

The look at me angle! Well isn't everyone who puts a thread up doing so as they want others to read and comment on them. Be it from an interesting subject to seeing their name on the start of a thread regularly to people finding their _iewpoint interesting. The thing that always amazes me is that people are surprised that someone is seeking attention on a swingers site as that is a huge part of swinging... you know being seen and admired and maybe even lusted over by other men and women who are in the scene.

I Eagerly wait the goat based sarcastic comments now for having an opinion and daring to voice it!

I think it is good that people do take the time to ask - and even better if they take on only half of the genuine suggestions often made.

Too many assume that their profile is just fine, (as are their approaches towards other members) and it everyone else that is in the wrong or is rude.

I try and be as constructive as I can, but it would be false of me to state that sometimes a little bit of fun with them along way doesn't amuse me too

» Add a new message to this topic