FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Triple Gold Medalist paralympian convicted of tens of thousands of £ benefit fraud

Triple Gold Medalist paralympian convicted of tens of thousands of £ benefit fraud

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he tactile technician OP   Man  over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

Is this the start of the predicted DWP's benefit blood hounds running down and stopping this summers paralympians from continuing to receive benefit? Simon Jackson MBE from Rochdal three times Gold Medalist at the paralympics admitted tens of thousands of £ of benefit fraud over the period of 2010 and 2011. Should he at least be stripped of his MBE as much as having to pay that money back to the state? And what other paralympians do we expect to find being accused of similar cheating?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is so much I could say on this subject but I'll leave it until I'm feeling a bit less irritable and explosive.

We wish you a Merry Atos and a Happy New Claim!

Wolf

"We wish you a Merry Atos and a Happy New Claim!

Wolf

"

lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"And what other paralympians do we expect to find being accused of similar cheating?

"

Any that have been cheating I guess.

The man has admitted his fraud and said he is ashamed...so I guess it is more than an accusation.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"Is this the start of the predicted DWP's benefit blood hounds running down and stopping this summers paralympians from continuing to receive benefit? Simon Jackson MBE from Rochdal three times Gold Medalist at the paralympics admitted tens of thousands of £ of benefit fraud over the period of 2010 and 2011. Should he at least be stripped of his MBE as much as having to pay that money back to the state? And what other paralympians do we expect to find being accused of similar cheating?

"

Errm i dont have any particular axe to grind on this either way or know the full facts , so i will go on gut reaction.

I don't think his achievements in sport should be relevant in any way,except in pre sentences character reference should a court case ensue and he be found guilty.

I do not think he should be stripped of an MBE as achievement is achievement.Of course i do not know the case and i suppose context is important .ie did a third party incorrectly make the claim on his behalf because of his disability etc

However ,Olympic medals should not be a get out of jail card for breaches of the law,he should be treated by the law exactly the same as anyone else.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/triple-gold-paralympics-hero-simon-1487153

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/triple-gold-paralympics-hero-simon-1487153"

Ta ruggers

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

However ,Olympic medals should not be a get out of jail card for breaches of the law,he should be treated by the law exactly the same as anyone else."

I agree with this.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i suppose it depends on which way he defrauded,if he said he was disabled and wasnt then technically speaking is he a para olympian,i dont know who he is,i could have made a complete tit of myself if he is an amputee

The guy has admitted his guilt so it's not as though it's some of spurious witch hunt by the DWP. Just because he's a disabled paralympian doesn't meran he should be treated any differently from any other asshole cheating the taxpayer out of money.

And yes, he should be stripped of his MBE as what sort of message is he sending out to those following.

"Is this the start of the predicted DWP's benefit blood hounds running down and stopping this summers paralympians from continuing to receive benefit? Simon Jackson MBE from Rochdal three times Gold Medalist at the paralympics admitted tens of thousands of £ of benefit fraud over the period of 2010 and 2011. Should he at least be stripped of his MBE as much as having to pay that money back to the state? And what other paralympians do we expect to find being accused of similar cheating?

"

Its an interesting one as some would look at it as a fiddle others fraud but what he did was to defraud moneys from the public coffers.

Should he have to pay back? Yes, should he be charged and go to trial for it,? Well yes again as he has admitted it.

Should it affect his Olympic achievements? Well no but the MBE I think he should lose as both an example and also as his misdemeanour's was not of benefit to the British Empire.

The Disability sector are awaiting the 'fall out' from the paralympics... The DDA definition of disability is 'A physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on a person's ability to carry out day-to-day activities.' ATOS will be assessing everyone who currently receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA); to be replaced with Personal Independence Payments (PIP) in April 2013, and some of their criteria for where an auxillary aid discounts a person from falling within the DDA's definition of disability are very worrying. Some of the athletes where using a prosthetic limb means that 'A physical impairment which has a substantial and long-term advantageous effect on a person's ability to carry out day-to-day activities.' coluld result in ATOS assessors deciding that they are no longer eligible for benefits. Is that really what the state wants to see happen?

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"The Disability sector are awaiting the 'fall out' from the paralympics... The DDA definition of disability is 'A physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on a person's ability to carry out day-to-day activities.' ATOS will be assessing everyone who currently receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA); to be replaced with Personal Independence Payments (PIP) in April 2013, and some of their criteria for where an auxillary aid discounts a person from falling within the DDA's definition of disability are very worrying. Some of the athletes where using a prosthetic limb means that 'A physical impairment which has a substantial and long-term advantageous effect on a person's ability to carry out day-to-day activities.' coluld result in ATOS assessors deciding that they are no longer eligible for benefits. Is that really what the state wants to see happen?

And did you know that a blind or servely sight impaired person that uses a guide dog may lose or have their DLA reduced.

"

"The Disability sector are awaiting the 'fall out' from the paralympics... The DDA definition of disability is 'A physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on a person's ability to carry out day-to-day activities.' ATOS will be assessing everyone who currently receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA); to be replaced with Personal Independence Payments (PIP) in April 2013, and some of their criteria for where an auxillary aid discounts a person from falling within the DDA's definition of disability are very worrying. Some of the athletes where using a prosthetic limb means that 'A physical impairment which has a substantial and long-term advantageous effect on a person's ability to carry out day-to-day activities.' coluld result in ATOS assessors deciding that they are no longer eligible for benefits. Is that really what the state wants to see happen?

And did you know that a blind or servely sight impaired person that uses a guide dog may lose or have their DLA reduced.

"

That is factually incorrect. People that use a white stick for their mobility may well not receive the full rate of mobility any longer, however the present assessment criteria will see people that are currently registered as severely visually impaired and using a guide dog for their mobility as being awarded high rate mobility and potentially receiving more than they currently get under the present DLA benefit.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

he could allways do a 'margaret'..

that way he wont have to stand trisl..

feck i am a cynic..

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

"he could allways do a 'margaret'..

that way he wont have to stand trisl..

feck i am a cynic.."

wibble wibble wibble (sticks pencil up nose)....

» Add a new message to this topic