FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Snowman sequel C4 Christmas Eve

The Snowman sequel C4 Christmas Eve

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *idsmatey OP   Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I loved the original adaptation of Raymond Briggs The Snowman...I watch it every year!!

I have just seen a preview of the sequel entitled The Snowman and the Snow Dog and it looks well crafted.

Benedict Cumberbatch has narrated an audio version of a sequel to Raymond Briggs' The Snowman.

The Sherlock star’s dulcet tones will enrich the audio e-book adaptation of The Snowman and the Snowdog written and directed by Hilary Audus, a TV follow-up to the Oscar-nominated 1982 short animated film The Snowman.

Snowdog, described by Briggs as “absolutely super”, will be screened by Channel 4 on Christmas Eve, and the audio e-book will be released for Apple, Nook and Kindle devices on Saturday 29 December.

But whereas the film will be wordless, like the original Snowman, publisher Puffin and Snowdog’s makers Lupus Films have crafted some unique narration for the e-book, which will be brought to life by Cumberbatch. An audio book version of Briggs' original story was narrated by Andrew Sachs.

Talking about the project, the 36-year-old actor said: “The magic of The Snowman is universal for every generation; as is the thrill of a first encounter with snow.

“And in this new story, to bring the Snowdog to life for new young readers was a joy. I hope it will become as much of a Christmas tradition as the beautiful original was when I was a boy.”

The Snowman and the Snowdog, which was announced in August, takes place 30 years after the events of the original film. It begins with a boy mourning the death of his dog while snow falls outside. Rooting around his house, he lifts up a floorboard and finds a scarf with snowmen printed on it, which was stashed there long ago by another youngster.

Inspired by the find, he goes outside and builds both a snowman and a snowdog, giving the chilly canine a tangerine for its nose and socks for ears.

The boy and his new pals then fly over the London Eye before crashing a snowman’s convention at the North Pole and frolicking at a ski resort. While his snowy chums both melt away as the sun comes up, the boy gets a memento of his own to treasure: the collar worn by his snowdog.

The Snowman, which was fist published in 1978, was adapted for TV in 1982. It told the story of a boy who goes on a series of adventures with a snowman and is chiefly remembered for both its distinctive animation style and the inclusion of Walking in the Air on its soundtrack.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was looking forward to seeing the sequel, as loved the original,

We've had The Snowman stored on our Sky Box since last year when my boy watched it non-stop (and has just watched it again 5 mins ago!) so he'll love the new one. I hated the song when I was an adolescent as it was so uncool back then (to a 'with it' 17y/o), but on reflection it's a not so bad eh?

(wonder how many people will have THAT song rattling through their brain all day now)

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I loved the snowman.. along with Santa Claus the movie....

just hope they dont ruin a classic

By *idsmatey OP   Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

From the footage I've seen it looks another festive favourite in the making.. shame it's on so late for the kids, 8pm!! It will have to be recorded

» Add a new message to this topic