FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > PPI wait.

PPI wait.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Very self indulgent ask this is, basically because,hmmm, its near christmas, luv a little booster like anyone.

But, i been waiting since May on a ppi claim, done it slightly diffrently, instead of using the ombudsman, trusted banks simple ask of providing earlier statements and they assure me they will, re-review it.Been told that is happening, but seven months?? Is that not uncommon etc?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I waited over 5 months for mine but was gobsmacked at the amount I received back.

It was well worth the wait

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

they are mandated by the ombudsman to investigate it within 12 weeks I believe.

If you have requested your statements then that is all that has been done .. you need (once you have those statements and have evidence that ppi has been taken) forward that to the bank along with your complaint as to why you want reimbursement.

You need to tell them why you are pissed off that you paid it and tell them why you feel you should be reimbursed.

Simply because you paid it doesnt entitle you to a refund as in some cases it has worked for people - in others (like yourself potentially) it hasnt.

Phone them - it should have been settled a long long time ago IMO

I did locate and forward earlier statements.

yumsville

did you complain in writing though or did someone take a complaint from you? As I say - it needs to be a recorded complaint as to why you are pissed that you paid it - not simply that you have either evidence or that you infact paid it.

Phone them, ask whats happening then complain that you paid it.

All the banks have procedures and teams available to document cases - they are mandated to have one.

Dont get pissy with the advisor - you are complaining about the PPI not the rep on the phone

"did you complain in writing though or did someone take a complaint from you? As I say - it needs to be a recorded complaint as to why you are pissed that you paid it - not simply that you have either evidence or that you infact paid it.

Phone them, ask whats happening then complain that you paid it.

All the banks have procedures and teams available to document cases - they are mandated to have one.

Dont get pissy with the advisor - you are complaining about the PPI not the rep on the phone"

Thanks, yes i initially contacting using the 6 page questionaire etc, got the goodwill gesture letter back, "here's £150 sorry your peeved", but if i could send earlier statements with ppi on statements they would re-look at, is where im at, had slicker more straightforward results using ombudsman certainly.

yumsville

if you accepted the £150 then you dont have a case as it is seen that you have accepted their 'investigation' at this ponint you should have received paperwork stating - if you disagree supply supporting evidence and not accepted.?

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

For anything like this it's worth checking out money saving expert....

yumsville

"For anything like this it's worth checking out money saving expert...."

Thats the worst thiing people can do.

They mistake an individual reimbursement right with that of societal complaint.

Any mention of Martins site will automatically void any claim as it is not an individual reason as to why YOU were missold

Its effectively like saying - my neighbout got a loan - I want some money too.

Your reasons why you beleive you were missold are yours alone - DO NOT quote anything about "eveybody else got a refund and I want mine back". It is entirely presonal

"if you accepted the £150 then you dont have a case as it is seen that you have accepted their 'investigation' at this ponint you should have received paperwork stating - if you disagree supply supporting evidence and not accepted.?"

I never accepted goodwill gesture no.

Acted on their offer to re-look at it provided i send them these earlier statements,did that.

I understand a fair chunk of the "how to claim", it was to see if others had similar circs, wait times before knowing outcome, and going about this one slightly diffrently only becaause the bank themselves are doing it slightly diffrently.

» Add a new message to this topic