FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chicken nuggets

Chicken nuggets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Never been one for buying them and normally just breadcrumb some actual diced chicken..

for some reason i have bought some birdseye ones. Any other brands that are 'ok'?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They are apparently mechanicaly recovered meat in many cases which always makes me ponder how they mechanicaly recover it. The safe option or the tastiest is to buy some fresh chicken breasts, dip in whisked egg, season and coat in flower and spices and fry yourself. It doesn't take that long and its far tastier.

i dont fry them i oven bake but thats how i do mine up until recently when i discovered season n shake

"i dont fry them i oven bake but thats how i do mine up until recently when i discovered season n shake "

They will dry out something terrible then if only small pieces and just with crumb on as you have no seal. Dee frying in hot oil seals very quickly keeping the moisture in and there is very little oil take up.

By *mileyBWoman  over a year ago

Northwood

Don't buy them - unecessary carbs, salt, fillers and xtra fat - just stick with pure chicken.

My dirty mind saw this topic and instantly thought it was a discussion about someone's small testicles.

Bad kiki. Think of flowers and trees and lakes.

Northwood

However if making own and avoiding carbs/fats - make gougons (they won't dry so much), dip in egg and roll in sesame seeds, bake in oven after spraying with olive oil, yummy!

Northwood

LMAO - aaaaw they shall forever be his ickle chicken nuggets (and the parsons nose!) - ooh Chick-fil-A just took on a whole new meaning too

"My dirty mind saw this topic and instantly thought it was a discussion about someone's small testicles.

Bad kiki. Think of flowers and trees and lakes."

As Dick Emery used to say. "Oooo You're awful but I like you" Some small balls do resemble them a bit in tight chickenesque ballbags.

I know someone that works in one of these factories. Chicken nuggets are all the crap they gather up after and make chicken nuggets out of the leftover lying around.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"They are apparently mechanicaly recovered meat in many cases which always makes me ponder how they mechanicaly recover it. The safe option or the tastiest is to buy some fresh chicken breasts, dip in whisked egg, season and coat in flower and spices and fry yourself. It doesn't take that long and its far tastier. "

I know how they do it, they get the chicken, take off the legs, breasts. Wings, everything that they can re package and sell, then the carcass gets put into a big press type machine which basically pulverises what's left into a type of chicken paste. This stuff is also what's used to make most tinned hot dogs and some other stuff!!

Cute- if they contain mechanically reclaimed chicken it will state it in the ingredient. I tend to buy my nuggets from the fresh poultry section as they do Goujons which are 100% chicken fillet. But I also do what you do and breadcrumb my own x

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I tried that shake thingy and they tasted disgusting...

from googling and looking on the birdseye website the chicken nuggets are made from 100% chicken breast rather than the mechanical reclaimed meat.

Dont think id ever trust a supermarket saver type product that involves 'meat' though

having said that, i did buy some organic chicken kievs once and it was the same price as the standard product youd find in the fresh meat counters because it was organic spent hens. The meat was more flavour some and actually had a texture to it, rather than a pate/pulp feel.

Only bought them after watching a tv program

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"from googling and looking on the birdseye website the chicken nuggets are made from 100% chicken breast rather than the mechanical reclaimed meat.

Dont think id ever trust a supermarket saver type product that involves 'meat' though "

The more expensive ones are better... The cheapo brands are the ones that use alternatives... The same with sausages etc..

"The more expensive ones are better... The cheapo brands are the ones that use alternatives... The same with sausages etc.."

only sausages i like are the Richmond ones. I've not checked whats in them.

Marks and Spencer ones are really nice

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"The more expensive ones are better... The cheapo brands are the ones that use alternatives... The same with sausages etc..

only sausages i like are the Richmond ones. I've not checked whats in them. "

I prefer cheapo sausages. I find sausages with high meat content quite rich

for sausages, buy minced lamb, add cumin, salt, petter and a little garlic if liked, then roll yer own.

delskius and very good in sausage rolls too.

equally you could substitute your own fav meat i guess.

if you find the meat too rich, add in breadcrumbs or flour.

"for sausages, buy minced lamb, add cum, salt, petter and a little garlic if liked, then roll yer own.

equally you could substitute your own fav meat i guess."

thats disgusting!

"for sausages, buy minced lamb, add cum, salt, petter and a little garlic if liked, then roll yer own.

equally you could substitute your own fav meat i guess.

thats disgusting!"

he he, I didn't notice the typos, should be cumin

ya beggar, ya got me there!

Interestingly, with products such as chicken kievs, or chicken nuggets because they are not in the same category as actual chicken there is no minimum amount of chicken content for them. Meaning a chicken kiev can just be chicken flavoured with no actual chicken meat in it. Quite worrying. Alwyas worth buying fresh and spending a little longer cooking properly!

"ya beggar, ya got me there! "

winkwink hehehe x

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Unfortunately 'Made using 100% chicken breast meat' isn't the same as 'This is 100% chicken breast meat coated with egg and breadcrumbs'.....

It could be that all the chicken content in the nugget is 100% chicken breast meat.....just not much of it, but plenty of other ingredients including salt and water.

Basically they just pulp chicken breast meat and add to it copius amounts of salt in an effort to make it taste of something, then as much water as they can add without it becoming an unstable mass, and rendering agents....which usually means animal fats derived from boiled and rendered down bones, not all of which will be from a chicken.

"Unfortunately 'Made using 100% chicken breast meat' isn't the same as 'This is 100% chicken breast meat coated with egg and breadcrumbs'.....

It could be that all the chicken content in the nugget is 100% chicken breast meat.....just not much of it, but plenty of other ingredients including salt and water.

Basically they just pulp chicken breast meat and add to it copius amounts of salt in an effort to make it taste of something, then as much water as they can add without it becoming an unstable mass, and rendering agents....which usually means animal fats derived from boiled and rendered down bones, not all of which will be from a chicken."

Soylent Green....

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Unfortunately 'Made using 100% chicken breast meat' isn't the same as 'This is 100% chicken breast meat coated with egg and breadcrumbs'.....

Basically they just pulp chicken breast meat and add to it copius amounts of salt in an effort to make it taste of something, then as much water as they can add without it becoming an unstable mass, and rendering agents....which usually means animal fats derived from boiled and rendered down bones, not all of which will be from a chicken.

Soylent Green...."

God, I haven't seen mention of that film for ages....but not far off from the truth, the rendered material in the case of 'forced meats' is largely un-categorised but certainly includes pig and cattle carcasses and fish bones.

Personally I would make it illegal to feed children 'forced meats' and 'forced poultry' products.

Soylent Green....

God, I haven't seen mention of that film for ages....but not far off from the truth, the rendered material in the case of 'forced meats' is largely un-categorised but certainly includes pig and cattle carcasses and fish bones.

Personally I would make it illegal to feed children 'forced meats' and 'forced poultry' products."

lol I had to google the question: film where people are made into food

» Add a new message to this topic