FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ps3 or Xbox 360

Ps3 or Xbox 360

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pl- capdagde OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

Looking to get a games console and want to know what you guys think is the best ?

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They are both great but the ps3 does do more ( plus there's rumours if a new Xbox soon )

I have a ps3 and love it, especially the free online gaming.

By *ourbonKissMan  over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

Xbox baby!

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Atari 2600 FTW!

By *oddy2112Couple  over a year ago

woodhall spa

X-box with Kinex...its the business....

never knew how good my dad dancing was....lol

Cap d agde,France

Thats what i was told with xbox you have to pay for online gaming ? Ps3 is also blueray which Xbox isn't ? Like someone just said also how likely is it that next Xbox or PS 4 will be out soon ?

"Atari 2600 FTW! "

Ha now you are just showing your age old man!!

Xbox!

360 without a doubt for me. xbox live is brill for online

ive got both but the 360 gets way more use. PS3 has a bluray drive and a few exclusive titles you may wanna play

overall its the 360

Ps3 all day long

Ps3 for me all the way.

By *lash and BunsCouple  over a year ago

Inverclyde

360, after Sonys screw up with there online service...............

PS£ is a better console, better graphics, blue ray player, free online gaming. PS3 every time.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Thats what i was told with xbox you have to pay for online gaming ? Ps3 is also blueray which Xbox isn't ? Like someone just said also how likely is it that next Xbox or PS 4 will be out soon ?"

You do pay but its only £40 a year and the reason is because they have their own servers so its much better online than the ps3, every body I know that's played both (including my mate who hates the controllers and everything on the Xbox) says the Xbox is far superior for online gaming x

u can get xbox live for 12 months for £25

By *ourbonKissMan  over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"Thats what i was told with xbox you have to pay for online gaming ? Ps3 is also blueray which Xbox isn't ? Like someone just said also how likely is it that next Xbox or PS 4 will be out soon ?

You do pay but its only £40 a year and the reason is because they have their own servers so its much better online than the ps3, every body I know that's played both (including my mate who hates the controllers and everything on the Xbox) says the Xbox is far superior for online gaming x "

Amen to that xxxmiss!

It's £35 a year for the gold Xbox live subscription. X

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

a Wii has to be the best

Xbox Xbox Xbox, £40 a year is well worth it. Have a friend who was very PS3 but after all the security issues and server crashes she's had enough and buying a second hand xbox.

The current thinking is that there's a new xbox for Christmas next year, so if you get one go second hand.

ive that many xbox's an play stations about an wii's lol but daughter had me out to day buyin ps3 so i think it depends on the child as son prefers his xbox lol

Deffo a ps3 i have one and have never looked back

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

PS3 anytime

Xbox. Far more people have one.

Depends on what your using it for. Online you have to pay a sub for xbox. Ps3 it's free to sign up and is a pay as you go service. Hold out a year if you can. Mircosoft and sony are developing new machines rumoured for release at the end of next year.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Thats what i was told with xbox you have to pay for online gaming ? Ps3 is also blueray which Xbox isn't ? Like someone just said also how likely is it that next Xbox or PS 4 will be out soon ?

You do pay but its only £40 a year and the reason is because they have their own servers so its much better online than the ps3, every body I know that's played both (including my mate who hates the controllers and everything on the Xbox) says the Xbox is far superior for online gaming x

Amen to that xxxmiss!

It's £35 a year for the gold Xbox live subscription. X"

And they often have offers on for half price and things I believe!! X

Xbox all day I spend countless hours on mine, they'll be a new xbox... In a couple of years. It all depends what you want from a console, if your looking for performence go for ps3 if you want better games and online gaming It's xbox 360 all day, it's £4:99 a month for xbox live but It's worth it

[Removed by poster at 11/12/12 18:24:26]

nintendos new console is JUST out, it equals and if not more powerful xbox 360 and ps3(about time nintendo took the graphics hardware seriously)

its more innovative and has some big third party support so far.Check out the controller!

google Wii U

I got them all apart from the wiiU

And for me PS3 all the way

"nintendos new console is JUST out, it equals and if not more powerful xbox 360 and ps3(about time nintendo took the graphics hardware seriously)

its more innovative and has some big third party support so far.Check out the controller!

google Wii U"

the games library is way to small tho cuz its fresh out. developers havent even begun to ultilze its potential

they are making a new Zelda for it which will be why ill buy one at some point but not yet

"nintendos new console is JUST out, it equals and if not more powerful xbox 360 and ps3(about time nintendo took the graphics hardware seriously)

google Wii U

the games library is way to small tho cuz its fresh out. developers havent even begun to ultilze its potential

they are making a new Zelda for it which will be why ill buy one at some point but not yet "

I want ZombieU RIGHT now...

xbox 360 4 online gaming and ps3 for solo play games and familly use

google Wii U

they are making a new Zelda for it which will be why ill buy one at some point but not yet

I want ZombieU RIGHT now..."

does look good if you get it post up a review thread

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"u can get xbox live for 12 months for £25"

yep recently got it for 25 for 14 months

love the media stuff netflix etc and the new app for android as a controller

nice.

Xbox but who cares, sony will reveal their new console before E3.

MS are rumoured to give a preview next month if not defo at E3 so both will be our 2013 holiday, Spring 2014 at the latest.

The next gen consoles are way off yet from what I've read. I'm afraid you're going to have to make your own mind up. I have a PS3 and wouldn't swap it for an Xbox for all the tea in china. Both are great with their benefits and problems. It's like choosing between Pepsi and Coke!

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

You will get all the people with xbox's saying buy and xbox and all the people with PS3 saying buy one of those.

The way to choose is what is best for you.

Like you said the PS3 is a blue ray player, a very good one at that too, you can go online as well as the xbox except you have to pay for the privilege.

PS3 controllers IMO are better to hold (daughter has the xbox and i hate them)

Cap d agde,France

Thanks everyone ..

Was swaying towards PS3 after talking with friends and getting their opinions but seems to be like you say has to be my decision.

Also some people have said the PS3 is that good they still havn't released a game that uses its full potential..

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

"Thanks everyone ..

Was swaying towards PS3 after talking with friends and getting their opinions but seems to be like you say has to be my decision.

Also some people have said the PS3 is that good they still havn't released a game that uses its full potential.."

They probably havent, the same way they make a computer and no body will ever fill the memory but it does not stop them making a new one lol.

Also if alot of friends have the PS3 you can swap games before you buy or just swap anyways if you know what I mean

"Thanks everyone ..

Also some people have said the PS3 is that good they still havn't released a game that uses its full potential.."

thats pretty much rubbish to be honest...the actual processor has a great ability, but its graphics wont get much better(altho new graphics software engines can improve)...and in hardware terms the xbox is better graphically..however the ps3 can handle more processor intensiveness, like physics etc..

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. 2013 is the year of next gen. Look at the game releases, nothing announced Summer onwards.

Already tech demos of next gen stuff has been released.

Most developers have been working on nextgen titles for over a year now as most games take an average of 2-3yrs, good ones anyway.

Sony has confirmed its to show the new console pre E3 which is in June.

Both companies have stated they will still make stuff for this gen as this has been the longest cycle and won't expect people to jump to nextgen straight away so be stupid to give up on them. IGN have great reads on some of the stuff.

"Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. 2013 is the year of next gen. Look at the game releases, nothing announced Summer onwards.

Already tech demos of next gen stuff has been released.

Most developers have been working on nextgen titles for over a year now as most games take an average of 2-3yrs, good ones anyway.

Sony has confirmed its to show the new console pre E3 which is in June.

Both companies have stated they will still make stuff for this gen as this has been the longest cycle and won't expect people to jump to nextgen straight away so be stupid to give up on them. IGN have great reads on some of the stuff."

anyway...xbox/ps3 have more been tailored to the same formula games for ages now..bring back nintendo , bring back some innovation

I like the odd online play when I can be bothered...but endless call of duties,ProEvo's/FIFA/GTA hasnt really made me want a next gen console.. if the original wii had better support in the graphics department I'dve have chose it.I like the immersive worlds games with plots...unfortunately games artistry/gameplay innovation has been a dying breed...even nintendo gave in to the quick fix gamer (which is great because its brought all sexes to the gamesworld).

anyyway Shigggggggggggggggggggggggsy get ur finger out!

you do know nintendo just brought out their new console wii U, its basically a Wii HD and of course its gonna have better stuff than xbox/ps as its newer, those ones are almost 10yrs old.

Wii u also comes with a tablet type thing and now u can get the shitty cod games etc on it too.

I wouldn't have said GTA tho, seriously we've had one GTA this gen so far, GTA5 looks pretty damn good

"you do know nintendo just brought out their new console wii U, its basically a Wii HD and of course its gonna have better stuff than xbox/ps as its newer, those ones are almost 10yrs old.

Wii u also comes with a tablet type thing and now u can get the shitty cod games etc on it too.

I wouldn't have said GTA tho, seriously we've had one GTA this gen so far, GTA5 looks pretty damn good"

hands up if u dont read a full thread lol.....I see ur hands up....

I like the fact that I can stream my downloaded films from my laptop through the ps3

"I like the fact that I can stream my downloaded films from my laptop through the ps3 "

I do that with the xbox

I have both , but as my preference to games are driving games, i think the xbox is better for driving games , just more feeling from xbox ..... either way they are both excellent consoles and you cant go wrong with either

This is always a hilarious topic....in that it's worse than an Old Firm thread, with 'each side' being viciously partizan and scathing of the other side....about....emmm......a video games system....! Let the good times roll!lol

P.S: Have both, both fine in their own way

Cap d agde,France

Thanks everyone i'm thinking its gong to be the PS3,unless i change my mind again...

By *oobsCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

We have X-box, PS3, Wii and all the handhelds.

Mr Noobs is a complete gaming nut.

Here goes:-

PS3 - technically brilliant, Blu ray, massive hard disc as standard (fnuc fnuc) bluetooth, acts as a Wi Fi hub, watch video in bed on PS vita or PSP via Wi Fi, add a PS play and you have a TiVo box, ITV player, BBC Iplayer and C4 on demand free. As a multimedia entertainment system Amazing. However very few good games, online gaming awful, PS move a waste of time.

Xbox 360 - Technically basic no Blu ray, compatable with your PC but beyond that, have to pay subscription for on demand tv services but is the only one with Sky, Kinect is gimmicky nodecent games for it but fun.... However fantastic game base and the best online gaming system.

Wii - Technically stone-age no hard disc, cd player, dvd etc no multimedia capability beyond BBC Iplayer. Not full HD either. However the most fun you'll have with friends with clothes on and even better played naked. Especially the ski jump on wii sports. Hilarious.

Don't forget the Wii U is out very soon and looks interesting.

Alternatively saw a demo of the new Samsung 3D smart TV's with built in camera and similar software to the Kinect. Angry Birds on a 56" screen waving your hands as controller.

Hope that summary helps

We have every games console going, the wii is just the most expensive set of scales ive ever bought lol the PS3 hardly gets looked at and the xbax is never off

So as far as my house hold goes the xbox wins

"Thats what i was told with xbox you have to pay for online gaming ? Ps3 is also blueray which Xbox isn't ? Like someone just said also how likely is it that next Xbox or PS 4 will be out soon ?"

new xbox720 is out late next year or early 2014 go for ps3 loads more to do x

xbox is better with its online gaming but the ps3 is better with its hardware i think..plus free online you dont have to pay anything. unless you go for playstation plus in which u get free games to download

Got my daughter a Wii for Xmas afew years back. Then on her birthday she wanted a games console. We looked into it and decided on the Xbox 360. I became the best mum ever. I'm not a gamer myself. But soon came to realise what a waste of money the Wii was.

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Ps3 for me cos it has a Blu ray player also the 3D games look awesome on my new 3D TV. Wonder if one can get 3 D peon films, makes you wonder what might come out of the screen, if you pardon the expression

Steve

falkirk

Meant 'porn' films

falkirk

Meant 'porn' films

Cap d agde,France

Went to Carrefour today and found they had Xbox 360 250 gb for only 120 euros with 2 games.

So i've gone with Xbox even though i was going for PS3.

Might wait until PS realease the next gen console and then get that..

"Went to Carrefour today and found they had Xbox 360 250 gb for only 120 euros with 2 games.

"

have u checked the Wii U yet tho???

By *adcaplaughsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

PS3 for me. It looks better, is quieter, is a competent blu ray player has catch up tv, Netflix, music videos, etc etc, oh and it also plays game! The xbox also does most of these things but not quite as well. Mind you there are plenty of xbox fanboys who would disagree......

Cap d agde,France

"Went to Carrefour today and found they had Xbox 360 250 gb for only 120 euros with 2 games.

have u checked the Wii U yet tho???"

Had a look today but they want 350 euros for it here,so wil have fun with the xbox and see what happens next year with the Wii u and if Playstation bring out the 4

have u checked the Wii U yet tho???

Had a look today but they want 350 euros for it here,so wil have fun with the xbox and see what happens next year with the Wii u and if Playstation bring out the 4"

move to scotland then, we can shag and Wii U it all nite long

I've played the Wii U in a number of stores now and it seems to me that Nintendo have missed out on what made the original Wii so popular.....

Anyone could be playing and having fun in minutes. Even your gran.

With this new tablet idea they've just moved it away from a family experience and back to a console for gamers. They should have just beefed up the processing, put HD graphics and all the multimedia stuff on it and left the rest alone. I think it'll flop as it is. Certainly compared to the original's sales.

"I've played the Wii U in a number of stores now and it seems to me that Nintendo have missed out on what made the original Wii so popular.....

Anyone could be playing and having fun in minutes. Even your gran.

With this new tablet idea they've just moved it away from a family experience and back to a console for gamers. They should have just beefed up the processing, put HD graphics and all the multimedia stuff on it and left the rest alone. I think it'll flop as it is. Certainly compared to the original's sales. "

yup..and I'm a gamer I'm afraid lol(well used to be), I miss the nintendo franchises, mario,zelda etc.The immersive ONE player experience I just dont get from many of the next gen games.I dont like sandbox games aka GTA, not a huge fan on multiplayer gaming aka deathmatches ...co-op play is fair enough..but I prefer plot games...bringing back good storytelling and hopefully of course a sense of achievement..(although I know the aim will be getting more casual games out also)

Still a bit early to write it off...

cardiff

"Ps3 for me cos it has a Blu ray player also the 3D games look awesome on my new 3D TV. Wonder if one can get 3 D peon films, makes you wonder what might come out of the screen, if you pardon the expression

Steve"

Yes you can get 3D porn films. A massive 3D cock thrusting out of the TV. Mum always said watching porn would make you go blind!

cardiff

"Ps3 for me cos it has a Blu ray player also the 3D games look awesome on my new 3D TV. Wonder if one can get 3 D peon films, makes you wonder what might come out of the screen, if you pardon the expression

Steve"

Yes you can get 3D porn films. A massive 3D cock thrusting out of the TV. Mum always said watching porn would make you go blind!

Got me started. Am starting a games thread now!

"Got me started. Am starting a games thread now!"

masturbating already...sakes!!!

"Looking to get a games console and want to know what you guys think is the best ?

Thanks in advance

"

They are both great consoles, and 99% of games are available on both. I find the Xbox controller more comfortable, but the PS3 is also a BluRay player, which is useful.

I much prefer the Xbox, the online experience is far superior the what Sony currently offers so I don't mind paying £40 a year for it.

The next gen Xbox is due next year (imaginatively named Xbox 720) and looks like it'll be awesome.

Had this dilemma myself choosing which to get for Christmas. (I'm not 12 honestly!)

Went for the ps3. Free online and blue ray swung it. Plus the new smaller quiet one.

Benefit of coming to a console this late in the cycle is there's a shit load of games for me to catch up on and they're dirt cheap as they are 'older' titles.

I'm hoping for a compendium of games - you know the kind of thing, bingo, ludo, snakes and ladders.

It's a bit like an X Box but not quite so sophisticated

"I'm hoping for a compendium of games - you know the kind of thing, bingo, ludo, snakes and ladders.

It's a bit like an X Box but not quite so sophisticated"

I suppose when u live in a mining town, electricity's not great...burn more coal..the laptops struggling

"I'm hoping for a compendium of games - you know the kind of thing, bingo, ludo, snakes and ladders.

It's a bit like an X Box but not quite so sophisticated

I suppose when u live in a mining town, electricity's not great...burn more coal..the laptops struggling"

No it's actually quite canny, coal fired power stations and all that kind of thing, electricity is in abundance, we even have running water - it's running through the ceiling, but at least it's running

» Add a new message to this topic