FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chicken pox :(

Chicken pox :(

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've got chicken pox... ... Went to see the doctors today to complain bout few spots turned out its chicken pox... That explain the flu like symptoms... *sighs*

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Poor thing, get well soon,

god damm you living in bradford

Im wanting my daughter to catch them sooner rather than later.. might sound a little cruel but hopefully she'll forget the pain and frustration of them

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mind it doesnt turn into shingles

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

put a meet up for someone to come and rub cammomile lotion in

hope it clears up ok, no sexy time for you over the Christmas period then

Get well soon!

Calamine lotion helps to ease the itching, however, it is rather messy to use. Straightly one for behind closed doors IMHO.

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

Oh dear...make sure you don't scratch those spots or you'll get scars....and keep your fingernails clean...lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I never had chicken pox. You wouldnt know callum had them, he wasnt ill at all.But i was bathing him and honest you could see the spots appearing before your eyes.

Thanks everyone... Didn't think you all could be so kind... I'm humbled... I love you all... I'm embarrassed..... ... Yea not itching... Pharmacies closed would get calamine tomorrow morning... Have to call in sick at work... And il try to be good ... No sexy fun....lol... Plus... The girl I've got my eyes on cant be bothered either ways... She's out about having fun...

wife had it at 37, indoors for a week or till spots scab over

Be prepared to get some sticks for having it so late!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

When I was at boarding school in '75 we had an outbreak of Chickenpox & German Measles. When diagnosed & sent to the sanatorium we used to sit in a big circle scratching each other's backs

"god damm you living in bradford

Im wanting my daughter to catch them sooner rather than later.. might sound a little cruel but hopefully she'll forget the pain and frustration of them "

It's not cruel to want her to get chicken pox as a young child.

I managed to have chicken pox twice. Both times as an adult.

awwwww poor u - hope it doesnt itch too much ................ xxx

"Be prepared to get some sticks for having it so late! "

Looking forward to it....lol... Would you be the one to administer the treatment?

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"Thanks everyone... Didn't think you all could be so kind... I'm humbled... I love you all... I'm embarrassed..... ... Yea not itching... Pharmacies closed would get calamine tomorrow morning... Have to call in sick at work... And il try to be good ... No sexy fun....lol... Plus... The girl I've got my eyes on cant be bothered either ways... She's out about having fun... "

No scratching they itch alot actually quite nasty when you older .. hope it doesnt get in your throat that is sore ..warm food not hot .. feel better soon

"awwwww poor u - hope it doesnt itch too much ................ xxx "

Doesn't itch yet... Notices it quite quickly... I worry and fuss over little things... But the spots are beginning to appear rather quickly since I first noticed them...

Ouchy.

I got it when I was 21 or 22 and it was the most ill I've been in my life. I was hospitalised for a week and was so disfigured by the blisters that I thought I'd never recover. I was even smothered in them 'you know where'

I sincerely hope that you hae only a mild dose and that you are fighting fit soon.

"Thanks everyone... Didn't think you all could be so kind... I'm humbled... I love you all... I'm embarrassed..... ... Yea not itching... Pharmacies closed would get calamine tomorrow morning... Have to call in sick at work... And il try to be good ... No sexy fun....lol... Plus... The girl I've got my eyes on cant be bothered either ways... She's out about having fun...

No scratching they itch alot actually quite nasty

when you older .. hope it doesnt get in your throat that is sore ..warm food not hot .. feel better soon "

Warm thanks... I really appreciate the time and kind advice....

By *antstoplaynowMan  over a year ago

uxbridge

Iv had shingles so have to stay miles away from chickenpox hi Minxy

I had mine when I was about 15, while on school holiday and did not need to take any time off school.

Had shingles when I was 40, and took a week off for that one, the longest I had ever taken off in my entire life. Fingers cross for good health.

It was nearly a week since the first blister appeared before I realised I was having shingles, and carried on working as normal. I shared an office with a pregnant colleague at the time, and I contacted her right away to inform her the news. Luckily she was fine and had chicken pox already.

"Be prepared to get some sticks for having it so late!

Looking forward to it....lol... Would you be the one to administer the treatment? "

I am sure you can manage adequately on your own. Just need a cotton wool ball, that's all.

"I had mine when I was about 15, while on school holiday and did not need to take any time off school.

Had shingles when I was 40, and took a week off for that one, the longest I had ever taken off in my entire life. Fingers cross for good health.

It was nearly a week since the first blister appeared before I realised I was having shingles, and carried on working as normal. I shared an office with a pregnant colleague at the time, and I contacted her right away to inform her the news. Luckily she was fine and had chicken pox already.

"

Is it advisable to?... I don't want to take time off work... I feel fine.... But my friend says its inconsiderate of me....

"Be prepared to get some sticks for having it so late!

Looking forward to it....lol... Would you be the one to administer the treatment?

I am sure you can manage adequately on your own. Just need a cotton wool ball, that's all. "

Fair enough...lol

Yes it is advisable to stay away when having chicken pox and shingles, until the blisters are dried and crusted over.

"Yes it is advisable to stay away when having chicken pox and shingles, until the blisters are dried and crusted over.

"

Lol... Ok

Suck ice lollies if your mouth gets sore, drink lots to keep hydrated, paracetamol or ibuprofen help, and sometimes anti-histamines taken at night reduce the itching.

Get well soon. x

By *antstoplaynowMan  over a year ago

uxbridge

No stay at home people will hate you if you give it to them ....... Chickenpox that is

I had it when I was 12...was terrible.

Look after yourself

Thanks everyone, can't express my gratitude .... Il be sure to take good care of myself.... Thanks again everyone...

I caught it a few years ago - not fun!

If you get the itches a cream called Eurax is fantastic - stops it for hours at a time.

Hope you feel better quickly.

"Yes it is advisable to stay away when having chicken pox and shingles, until the blisters are dried and crusted over.

"

I've had shingles twice over the last couple of years and the doc said I was fine to go to work as the spots weren't on an exposed area. Took some Tramadol for the pain and was spaced out at work, it was great

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

If you do go to work confirm that everyone you work with has already had it first.

And baking soda in a warm bath can help with the itching - and many corner shops will stock it.

Am surprised your doc didn't advise you when and how long to stay away from people. I'm pretty sure some people can suffer badly if they catch it...

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

There is a slight possibility of problems to both mother and child if a pregnant woman catches chicken pox.

Check out NHS website for more info.

My kids all had it a few weeks ago, lot of it about

Forum Mod

I feel for you

I had it as an adult,never felt so bad and that fact that you look shit too made it worse

Calomine lotion did'nt do a thing for me,but I hope it gives you some relief

I could'nt even towel myself dry after a shower as it hurt so much,had to blow dry myself with a hairdryer!

poor thing.

Forget the Calamine there's a new jel out especially for chicken pox.

You can get it from super markets as well as chemists.

Can't remember what it's called but it's fantastic.It stops the itching and scaring.

Both little ones had chicken pox last year.

The youngest had it so severe that we had to get the Dr out at 4am.

He was given pain killers and antihistamine.

» Add a new message to this topic