FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Google wallet warning

Google wallet warning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had a very nasty surprise today when I went to go shopping and found my bank nearly empty

in 5 mins my 6 year old had managed to purchase over 200quid worth of coins for a game my my phone. no password was needed and bank won't help as it was counted as authorised

I am arguing it but wasn't aware you didn't need to enter passwords. bit silly really

Cali

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

" I had a very nasty surprise today when I went to go shopping and found my bank nearly empty

in 5 mins my 6 year old had managed to purchase over 200quid worth of coins for a game my my phone. no password was needed and bank won't help as it was counted as authorised

I am arguing it but wasn't aware you didn't need to enter passwords. bit silly really

Cali"

Ooooops thats terrible!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ouch!

it has made this week rather interesting. but I will get through it.

but wanted to warn others. as on add on apps like that Google operates a no refund policy.

Cali

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope they refund you. They do it on purpose knowing people will rack up bills. Gits.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I had to give my dad a bit of a telling off... he kep0t his pin number in with his card... If someone had stolen his wallet they would of had a field day... and the bank won't pay out...

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Ohh bloody hell .. hide the fone in future .

My SIL just had his bank emptied by some low life ..because its an american account they say he did it, glad to say he has proof he wasnt in scotland when the transactions were taking place.

hope you can sort this out Cali. not something you need at this time of year

sorry to say but this happens a lot.

more and more of these apps appear to be free but then you need to buy add ons to get anywhere.

sorry what has happened.

it is very wrong. I have now removed my bank card from the account. bit later now but it's something. I've not managed to find a number To speak to someone.

thing is this game is aimed at young girls. so having something for 69.99 I find sad anyway. I do think I may get some of it back but if it warns just one person I think it will be a good thing.

Cali

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

How did they get the bank card number?

I did read someone else got stung for this not long ago, same thing a kid running it up on the phone.

"How did they get the bank card number?

I did read someone else got stung for this not long ago, same thing a kid running it up on the phone."

It's already in your Google wallet. Bit like PayPal. Only PayPal you have to enter your password everytime.

With Google wallet I've now found out you don't need the password.

Cali

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Bloody hell....thats bad , no wonder people are getting caught out.

I have to enter a PIN to buy things on my 'phone (including game credits and apps). There's a setting in the 'phone settings to require a PIN for purchases.

The setting is in the Play store settings. I just checked.

That's shocking, hope you manage to get some kind of refund

my youngest son did thing like that on his brothers xbox .him dad was not happy finding £50 gone out his bank .he was only 3 at the time.just pressing buttons on the pad managed to get into the account lol

If enough people close their Google Wallet accounts, Google will eventually get the message.

Not needing a password, in this day and age, is outrageous!

Not getting at you OP, but I think we sometimes need to review the companies we trust, and over recent years Google have had a number of issues which have eventually led to them changing things, so in my book Google is regarded as slightly suspect!

We had a panic a while back. We thought our four year old had managed to download a load of pay apps onto my tablet.

He hadn't but taught us a lesson and took the card off. It would have been too easy as he has no card linked to his own tablet so downloads games as he wants.

"The setting is in the Play store settings. I just checked."

I've took the card off. But you would expect it to be default set to need a password. I set up a password when I set up the account.

I'm getting no where with the refund. But I've learnt a lesson.

I couldn't really close my Google account as my phone is a Google phone

Cali

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

My daughter racked up £214.39 on apps, yup she was buying ebooks at £5.99 a pop literally bought the whole series, then there was all the dance apps makeup apps the list is endless, wasnt till i checked my statement i discovered it.

Now here's the thing to WATCH for, i often purchased things when she said daddy can i buy that (i meaning me) once i entered my password for app store she effectively had free reign. Now its prompts every time, an expensive lesson learnt.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I recently had my credit card cloned. Capital One think I used it on a mirror site. Someone actually made a physical copy of the card and used it in a cash machine in Dubai to take out £500 in cash.

It took 3 weeks to get my money back as I used the card in Costa and 2 hours later it was used in Dubai at a cash point. But the person using the card was wearing a bhurka, so they said they couldn't prove it wasn't me. Took a while for them to accept there was little chance of me getting from Southend to Dubai in 2 hours.

'kin 'ell fire!

We have had two bank accounts opened in our seperate names and the cheeky gits used the over draught and left the bank to chase us for the outstanding debt.

The people who opened Mrs Artful's account used a passport and driving licence, she doesn't own either and only have a driving licence.

Cheeky.bastards!

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

My mother had her isa account emptied 15K in one fowl swoop she lives in Newcastle and the person that took it was traced back to a 24 year old in Leicester

My son racked up £60 on xbox buying little outfits and maps..bank account closed..xbox sold! Lil monkey!

My son made several online payments having memorised my card details! The bank .... After my son had spent £119 finally stopped the payments to France for online gaming upgrades! He's now at uni studying pure mathematics

Just thought I would update. Google told me that there was nothing they could do and that in game apps are non refundable.

Bank told me nothing they could do as I'd given my card details in the first place.

The company said they would look into it. And this morning I woke to 3 emails telling me my purchases had been cancelled.

Is going to take up to 14days to get the money back into my bank but s will get it back

Cali

"Just thought I would update. Google told me that there was nothing they could do and that in game apps are non refundable.

Bank told me nothing they could do as I'd given my card details in the first place.

The company said they would look into it. And this morning I woke to 3 emails telling me my purchases had been cancelled.

Is going to take up to 14days to get the money back into my bank but s will get it back

Cali"

That is fantastic news Cali! Xx

"Just thought I would update. Google told me that there was nothing they could do and that in game apps are non refundable.

Cali"

That is really good news however they shouldn't make it so easy for it to happen without permission. Fingers crossed its sorted soon and refunded promptly.

I have to log out of the apple store every time I let the kids use the iPad because my youngest knows how to download games

Cali

That is fantastic news Cali! Xx "

Nice one Cali , I'm just goin to check my google settings after reading all this

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Cali"

That's brilliant news Cali xx

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Cali"

Thank goodness I bet that was a relief.. glad to hear it is sorted.

» Add a new message to this topic