FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Travelcards

Travelcards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ryandsee OP   Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I have a couple of holidays coming up and one or two weekend breaks. All in Europe. I usually pay day to day stuff with cash (euros that I take with me)and settle my hotel bill for drinks etc ( which is my biggest spent) using my normal credit card and paying in euros. On a couple of rare occassions I needed more cash, I used my debit card to get some from a bank ATM and to be honest I never thought the charge was particularly extortionate. I hear people using other travelcards like revolut, starling etc. Is it really worth it. I don't want to do it for the sake of saving just a few quid or just the convenience of it. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ryandsee OP   Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I have a couple of holidays coming up and one or two weekend breaks. All in Europe. I usually pay day to day stuff with cash (euros that I take with me)and settle my hotel bill for drinks etc ( which is my biggest spent) using my normal credit card and paying in euros. On a couple of rare occassions I needed more cash, I used my debit card to get some from a bank ATM and to be honest I never thought the charge was particularly extortionate. I hear people using other travelcards like revolut, starling etc. Is it really worth it. I don't want to do it for the sake of saving just a few quid or just the convenience of it. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks. "

I will stick to my well tried and trusted method then which to be fair I was hoping I did not have to change. Still, if anyone sees any serious drawbacks in that, I am happy to stand corrected

By *untime5Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Yes, Revolut is great even when you’re not travelling. Little things like being able to easily get your card details from your phone or being able to use Apple/Google pay make it handy.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We use pre paid travelcards from TUI. You can reload it with money from your bank account via an app. Used all around Europe very easily, including contactless.

By *ssexcouple71Couple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Another fan of Revolut, used in all our trips and the UK

Currently in Mexico and no problem converting to currency or in US dollars

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Isn't the main advantage about timing? Meaning you can top-up when the exchange rate is in your favour.

» Add a new message to this topic