FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Court case

Court case

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Johnny depp and amber heard case.

It's sad that people require a high-profile case to understand the severity of accusations men face in court that very often go unpunished.

Yes, many men are abusers However , all a woman has to do is cite agression and acess to the child is put on hold straight away , without any proof.

There are thousands of men who are suffering with domestic abuse in the home and never come forward with fear of losing acess to thier kids.

This is a case that is very similar to something I've been through where my ex phoned the police claiming i was violent and no questions asked I got arrested straight away. Did she get punished when the court proved that she had lied? No , she didn't.

Will it ever change?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elle11Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Sadly family court doesn't work the same way as criminal courts, but people are given some leeway, if their bad behaviour/lies continue though, the courts will eventually say enough is enough and come down hard on people.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I think anyone who makes false allegations against someone like what happened to to you OP should face charges. It's disgusting that women in particular get away with doing this.

I know a man who did a couple of years in jail over false allegations he was in his early 20s at the time and even when he got out he had to move away because of finger pointing. A few years after she admitted she had made it all up and why because he had said no to her so she was mad at him,then when she made up the story she liked all the attention she got and it went too far and she didn't want to come clean that it was lies,so instead she sent an innocent young man to jail. She never got done for lying either.

It also completely disrespectful to true victims of abuse and violence.For someone just to make it up out of spite against anyone else is beyond my comprehension and makes them on lowest of the low in my eyes. I would really hope it will change in future and those who do make false allegations do get severely punished.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Let’s not forget he’s a millionaire who is able to finance his defence

For 99.9% of men in a similar situation you just have to suffer in silence and are guilty until proven innocent

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

OK, so why does it have to be Amber is lying and Johnny is telling the truth?

Nobody truly knows what happened other than the two people involved.

Sounds like to me like they both abused each other.

No the court will always favour women, that's just the way it is. Women are more emotional than men and they appeal more to a jury. Society looks at them as these precious people that need to be protected but sometimes they are just horrible people that deserve to be punished too. I respect any man that stands up and speaks out about abuse, it's one of the most difficult things to do this world.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Sadly men are often thought of as guilty until proved innocent.

Women lie about atrocious crimes, and it is rare that there are any repercussions for the liars, in the meantime men have been tarnished. There needs to be a strong deterrent to stop women lying.

However, as in so many cases, there is only the 2 of them who will truly know what has gone on in their relationship.

"No the court will always favour women, that's just the way it is. Women are more emotional than men and they appeal more to a jury. Society looks at them as these precious people that need to be protected but sometimes they are just horrible people that deserve to be punished too. I respect any man that stands up and speaks out about abuse, it's one of the most difficult things to do this world."

The court does not always favour the woman.

Sorry, but that's a wrong assumption.

Certainly not in my case did they favour me and I was the one telling the truth.

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

"OK, so why does it have to be Amber is lying and Johnny is telling the truth?

Sounds like to me like they both abused each other. "

The evidence is pretty damning.

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"OK, so why does it have to be Amber is lying and Johnny is telling the truth?

Sounds like to me like they both abused each other. "

Have you been watching? There’s numerous witnesses and audios of Amber abusing Johnny yet the most damning thing they appear to be able to pin on him is he had a drug and alcohol problem (which was no secret ) It’s getting to the stage that Ambers lawyers are so desperate that they are even objecting to their own questions

w

She’s made a mockery of the metoo movement and the believe all women movement

I think think false allegations are pretty rare. But high profile cases like these make people less likely to believe women

Depp had multiple movie deals pulled, multiple sponsors dropped him. She still starred in aqua man. She’s still got numerous make up / brand sponsors.

How would this turn out if it was a plumber on 40k a year without the finances to fund a defence? I do wonder

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

leicestershire

Isn’t it a repeat of the evidence and issues in the British case where Johnny Depp was found to be the guilty party..?? Don’t take sides and find it odd that others do. Anyone who thinks what they may hear in court is actually always true is delusional. People say what they want to say for many other reasons than the truth.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

it is amazing how the rich choose to waste their money

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"it is amazing how the rich choose to waste their money "

How is it a waste of money?

I honestly haven't been watching it. I did just watch a little where she said was hitting him.

Then again, there's one where he says he cut his finger off...and is now saying she did it.

So yeah OK. I wouldn't like to have to judge these things and make a decision one way or the other.

Isn't there a clip where he asks her to cut him? And the graffiti that he wrote in blood? It just sounds mental.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Who knows what really happened? They seem to have had a chaotic lifestyle fuelled by drugs, alcohol and an excess of ego. The truth is most likely shades of grey, not black vs white, good vs bad.

evesham

Isn't this a defamation of character hearing? They are not trying to prove who was the abuser but that amber's article hinted towards Jonny being abusive, but not naming him specifically, and this lost him many jobs.

I do realise this action can be seen as abuse also as it controls his career and life.

Family court is based on balance of probability and is about persuading your side of the story, with at times some element of evidence. Criminal court is much higher evidence based.

By *amer oneMan  over a year ago

leicester

"Johnny depp and amber heard case.

It's sad that people require a high-profile case to understand the severity of accusations men face in court that very often go unpunished.

Yes, many men are abusers However , all a woman has to do is cite agression and acess to the child is put on hold straight away , without any proof.

There are thousands of men who are suffering with domestic abuse in the home and never come forward with fear of losing acess to thier kids.

This is a case that is very similar to something I've been through where my ex phoned the police claiming i was violent and no questions asked I got arrested straight away. Did she get punished when the court proved that she had lied? No , she didn't.

Will it ever change?

"

Unfortunately i dont think it ever will, it truly is disgusting and it did happen to me as well, i had never worked so hard to afford the court fees but luckily i won, was the hardest time in life

By *illingVicMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

I watched my dad suffer domestic violence at the hands of my mum for most of my childhood. It wasn’t until I was a little older and asked why he hadn’t done something about it that he told me about his experience trying to go to the police and just being laughed away. He was a tank of a man, 6’2” and she was a dainty little lady at 5’2”. They just flat out didn’t believe him, even when he showed them scars.

I’d like to think that wouldn’t happen nowadays, with our slightly more open society, but it speaks to the mentality of men, the pressure we feel to not come forward. It was truly heartbreaking, he was my hero.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"it is amazing how the rich choose to waste their money

How is it a waste of money?"

whatever the outcome of the case it will cost both of them a lot of money in layers fees. Neither of them looks good from the publicity around the case.

evesham

whatever the outcome of the case it will cost both of them a lot of money in layers fees. Neither of them looks good from the publicity around the case. "

I think Jonny is doing rather well from the support I've seen for him across social media to be honest. His reactions to Mr rottenborn are pretty funny at times.

Highly disfunctional relationship where neither of them look good. You could argue that it's gossip and tittletattle, but even before Heard's accusations, Depp had a reputation among people as being a nice (if slightly fucked up guy) and she was seen as something of a bunny boiler. I think he's innocent but he doesn't come out of this looking good.

By *eekandHippyChickCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

From the little I have seen of this case it would appear to me that the relationship was toxic and both are culpable but as both are actors it is difficult for anyone but the 2 people involved to know what went on behind closed doors however this is high profile case has had an important impact in that it has forsed a much needed discussion about domestic abuse by women against men and hopefully encourage men who find themselves in this type of situation and give them the courage to speak out against the stereotype that men can't possible be abused by a women. Due to this popular misconception there is very little in the way of support for male victims of abuse. We need to talk more about this inverted interpretation of domestic abuse x I have always been a feminist beleiveing in equality for All I now struggle with the lable of feminist as I feel it has been taken over by a kind of female fascism that I'm not comfortable with x

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Any kind of abuse, mental or physical, and whether about a man, woman, child or animal, should be thoroughly investigated without prejudice as far as I am concerned.

"Highly disfunctional relationship where neither of them look good. You could argue that it's gossip and tittletattle, but even before Heard's accusations, Depp had a reputation among people as being a nice (if slightly fucked up guy) and she was seen as something of a bunny boiler. I think he's innocent but he doesn't come out of this looking good."

People are often very different at home to their public reputation.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

whatever the outcome of the case it will cost both of them a lot of money in layers fees. Neither of them looks good from the publicity around the case. "

When you've been in one of those relationships there comes a point where you really don't care whether you look good or not. All you care about is the truth. You're simply sick of it, you'll know full well you also made mistakes and bad decisions however you'll take accountability for them.....unlike the other person. It's weird. You care but you don't. You've already faced hell head on so even though you know you ain't coming out the other end wearing a halo a court case is simply a platform to get the truth out there. Triggering? Fuck yeah. Especially when you're being asked questions and being objected to before you've even finished your answer, like "well fuck me, it's just like trying to have a discussion with the abuser" (being shut down) which is sickly ironic.

Totally different situation but a friend of mine was arrested for accessing indecent images of children. The police raided his house at 8am in front of his kids with 10 police officers he cooperated giving locations of devices and passwords etc they cuffed him took him in to custody. They used a triage cyberssecurity van to scan all his devices found nothing interviewed and he denied it. They bailed with conditions he couldn't stay at the home address overnight and no unsupervised access to children. Offered him a polygraph to remove bail conditions which he passed but they only removed one of the conditions being overnight but childrens social services didnt so still had to stay elsewhere overnight. His bail was then extended no further interviews then dive weeks before he was due to answer bail they decided to end his bail early and release under investigation. Children's services have now also removed all restrictions. They have said if the devices sent off comeback clear he will be released NFA. He didn't see his kids for three days then he has had to stay in a caravan overnight for four months and been unable to take his children to sports clubs etc. I believe he is innocent but how can they treat him like this with no evidence

"Totally different situation but a friend of mine was arrested for accessing indecent images of children. The police raided his house at 8am in front of his kids with 10 police officers he cooperated giving locations of devices and passwords etc they cuffed him took him in to custody. They used a triage cyberssecurity van to scan all his devices found nothing interviewed and he denied it. They bailed with conditions he couldn't stay at the home address overnight and no unsupervised access to children. Offered him a polygraph to remove bail conditions which he passed but they only removed one of the conditions being overnight but childrens social services didnt so still had to stay elsewhere overnight. His bail was then extended no further interviews then dive weeks before he was due to answer bail they decided to end his bail early and release under investigation. Children's services have now also removed all restrictions. They have said if the devices sent off comeback clear he will be released NFA. He didn't see his kids for three days then he has had to stay in a caravan overnight for four months and been unable to take his children to sports clubs etc. I believe he is innocent but how can they treat him like this with no evidence "

They have to treat allegations seriously. What's the alternative? Leave a possible abuser with access to kids?

Hope it all gets sorted.

By *oupleOfFilthyWeirdosCouple  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

"Sadly family court doesn't work the same way as criminal courts, but people are given some leeway, if their bad behaviour/lies continue though, the courts will eventually say enough is enough and come down hard on people."

I'd beg to differ, from experience... Countless proven lies have been swept under the carpet, as if to say "well, you've got your kids back, what more do you want?"

I'll tell you what I want (what I really, really want), is justice for all the heartache and stress that the whole situation has caused, and continues to cause to a certain degree. Justice for my kids, whom are caught in the middle of it all.

There is no 'backlash' for these vile individuals, who continue to devestate society. The family court in England and Wales needs one massive overhaul!!!

"Highly disfunctional relationship where neither of them look good. You could argue that it's gossip and tittletattle, but even before Heard's accusations, Depp had a reputation among people as being a nice (if slightly fucked up guy) and she was seen as something of a bunny boiler. I think he's innocent but he doesn't come out of this looking good."

Abusers often label their victims as mental nutters and bunny boilers.

I really hope they can find the truth. I think they are both fucked up, but the evidence seems to point towards her lying in this case.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Totally different situation but a friend of mine was arrested for accessing indecent images of children. The police raided his house at 8am in front of his kids with 10 police officers he cooperated giving locations of devices and passwords etc they cuffed him took him in to custody. They used a triage cyberssecurity van to scan all his devices found nothing interviewed and he denied it. They bailed with conditions he couldn't stay at the home address overnight and no unsupervised access to children. Offered him a polygraph to remove bail conditions which he passed but they only removed one of the conditions being overnight but childrens social services didnt so still had to stay elsewhere overnight. His bail was then extended no further interviews then dive weeks before he was due to answer bail they decided to end his bail early and release under investigation. Children's services have now also removed all restrictions. They have said if the devices sent off comeback clear he will be released NFA. He didn't see his kids for three days then he has had to stay in a caravan overnight for four months and been unable to take his children to sports clubs etc. I believe he is innocent but how can they treat him like this with no evidence "

Can you imagine the fallout if he wasn't innocent and had been allowed access to children when there had been suspicions? The authorities main concern is protecting the children.

Is it an awful situation? Damn right it is. If it was a person you didn't know but had heard they were being investigated for possible child stuff, I'm sure you'd be saying "don't let them near the kids until they've been proven innocent"

"Any kind of abuse, mental or physical, and whether about a man, woman, child or animal, should be thoroughly investigated without prejudice as far as I am concerned. "

Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. I was a victim of mental, psychological, emotional and financial abuse for years and no matter who I spoke to about it, authorities wise, I was just ignored.

It left me broken and financially crippled but fast forward two years and even though I’m in a much better place, I’m still not sure I’ll ever be able to trust anyone enough to have a long term relationship again.

I just don't know how they can ruin someones life without evidence. He passed a polygraph to say he's never had any physical contact with anyone under 16 and he's never had a sexual communication online etc yet he's treated like a paedophile. He says he knows it will all be ok in time as devices will be clear but it's going to take 12 months to get them checked.

By *i-the-wayMan  over a year ago

Dublin

It's kinda crazy seeing people 'both sides' this. She hit him, threw bottles at him, cut off part of his finger, shit on his bed, screamed verbal abuse at him, gaslighted him, lied about him abusing her, and more. There's an audio recording where she mocks him, asking if he really thinks the world or a jury would believe that he--a man--could be a victim of domestic violence.

Depp might have a drug/alcohol problem but lots of victims of abuse do. He might have said some hurtful or dark things about her but lots of victims hate their abusers. Slamming doors/furniture in frustration is not the same as systematically abusing someone over years. Seeing people talk about how they're both abusive really just hammers home how hard it is for people to believe and understand that a man can be the victim. Even when it's plain as day they still cling to the idea that he's at fault, or just as bad, or made her do it.

It's the same logic abusers use. It's the same logic Heard used ("you made me do this"). It's frankly disgusting. People should be ashamed of themselves.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"I think anyone who makes false allegations against someone like what happened to to you OP should face charges. It's disgusting that women in particular get away with doing this.

I know a man who did a couple of years in jail over false allegations he was in his early 20s at the time and even when he got out he had to move away because of finger pointing. A few years after she admitted she had made it all up and why because he had said no to her so she was mad at him,then when she made up the story she liked all the attention she got and it went too far and she didn't want to come clean that it was lies,so instead she sent an innocent young man to jail. She never got done for lying either.

It also completely disrespectful to true victims of abuse and violence.For someone just to make it up out of spite against anyone else is beyond my comprehension and makes them on lowest of the low in my eyes. I would really hope it will change in future and those who do make false allegations do get severely punished. "

That's a terrible story but also far too familiar.

Depp is no Angel but she has caused permanent damage to his career and his life.

It was obvious that they were both in a toxic relationship.

But her relentless pursuit to get revenge is terrible and he has been pretty much forced to try and set the record straight

"Highly disfunctional relationship where neither of them look good. You could argue that it's gossip and tittletattle, but even before Heard's accusations, Depp had a reputation among people as being a nice (if slightly fucked up guy) and she was seen as something of a bunny boiler. I think he's innocent but he doesn't come out of this looking good.

People are often very different at home to their public reputation. "

Yeah, I get that, but even the stuff I've seen and heard from the court case (videos and recordings) make him look damaged and unstable and her manipulative.

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's kinda crazy seeing people 'both sides' this. She hit him, threw bottles at him, cut off part of his finger, shit on his bed, screamed verbal abuse at him, gaslighted him, lied about him abusing her, and more. There's an audio recording where she mocks him, asking if he really thinks the world or a jury would believe that he--a man--could be a victim of domestic violence.

Depp might have a drug/alcohol problem but lots of victims of abuse do. He might have said some hurtful or dark things about her but lots of victims hate their abusers. Slamming doors/furniture in frustration is not the same as systematicall abusing someone over years. Seeing people talk about how they're both abusive really just hammers home how hard it is for people to believe and understand that a man can be the victim. Even when it's plain as day they still cling to the idea that he's at fault, or just as bad, or made her do it.

It's the same logic abusers use. It's the same logic Heard used ("you made me do this"). It's frankly disgusting. People should be ashamed of themselves. "

Totally agree, I’ll admit I was guilty of thinking both sides were as bad however watching the trial, hearing the evidence and actually taking time to look into the situation has changed that view. If a man had done half the things to a woman that Amber is “alleged” to have done to Johnny people would be rightly outraged. I go back to the fact that no other person has ever accused him of violence or aggressive behaviour and I totally get that people can have a “public” face but you would think someone at some point would have noticed a red flag

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Hearing the evidence of this snd the fact that Heards team has yet to offer a single piece of evidence that disputes what Depps team has provided.

Plus that Heards main Lawyer quit is telling

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

"Johnny depp and amber heard case.

Will it ever change?

"

The gender bias infests the system from top to bottom in most countries (Sweden being the better of most). Tony and his children all went through almost exactly the same abuse by his ex. She was professionally defined as a dangerous and violent narcissistic psychopath and that the worst thing for the children would be to live with her. A doctor read the report and stated it was lenient towards her !!!. The doctors letter to the court was thrown to one side along with letters from the children detailing physical and mental abuse, begging to live with their father. Tony was put out on the street, pension halved and 'supervised' minimal contact with his distraught and deeply damaged kids. All appeals were corrupted or blocked. It's a deeply sickening and abusive system locked behind purposely secret doors, even the press have failed to get into so-called 'family' court.... We very much doubt it will change in our lifetimes.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"It's kinda crazy seeing people 'both sides' this. She hit him, threw bottles at him, cut off part of his finger, shit on his bed, screamed verbal abuse at him, gaslighted him, lied about him abusing her, and more. There's an audio recording where she mocks him, asking if he really thinks the world or a jury would believe that he--a man--could be a victim of domestic violence.

Depp might have a drug/alcohol problem but lots of victims of abuse do. He might have said some hurtful or dark things about her but lots of victims hate their abusers. Slamming doors/furniture in frustration is not the same as systematically abusing someone over years. Seeing people talk about how they're both abusive really just hammers home how hard it is for people to believe and understand that a man can be the victim. Even when it's plain as day they still cling to the idea that he's at fault, or just as bad, or made her do it.

It's the same logic abusers use. It's the same logic Heard used ("you made me do this"). It's frankly disgusting. People should be ashamed of themselves. "

East Cheshire

"Sadly family court doesn't work the same way as criminal courts, but people are given some leeway, if their bad behaviour/lies continue though, the courts will eventually say enough is enough and come down hard on people."

Absolutely not in our decade of experience (if the problem is the mother)

East Cheshire

"I think anyone who makes false allegations against someone like what happened to to you OP should face charges. It's disgusting that women in particular get away with doing this.

It also completely disrespectful to true victims of abuse and violence.For someone just to make it up out of spite against anyone else is beyond my comprehension and makes them on lowest of the low in my eyes. I would really hope it will change in future and those who do make false allegations do get severely punished. "

Well said.... marry us now lol

w

Well said

Would the saying “they were both in a toxic relationship” if it was an abusive husband hitting his?

Was that said years ago when all this started? Or was Depp thrown under the bus, guilty until proven innocent?

The bias still shows in this thread. Let’s pray for change. It’s a dangerous world where you can be convicted and have your life destroyed without evidence

East Cheshire

"No the court will always favour women, that's just the way it is. Women are more emotional than men and they appeal more to a jury. Society looks at them as these precious people that need to be protected but sometimes they are just horrible people that deserve to be punished too. I respect any man that stands up and speaks out about abuse, it's one of the most difficult things to do this world."

Here here !. Tony supported thousands during his decade long case, working as admin on several high profile fathers groups (yes that one too). Some of the tales he heard were absolutely shocking and beyond any doubt absolutely true as mirrored his own experience. Children abused by the mother or her new partner, father fighting hopelessly to gain residency if not just some access to children in a clearly high risk environment. In one a 9 year old girl was carrying a knife to protect her from her step fathers sexual advances, no one was helping as all support directed towards the mother as usual . Father with no issues denied contact by the mother. Deeply sickening and child abusing system.

I see people say that the courts aren't bias, come on, do you honestly think that? How many men do you see win a case in a family court? A very small percentage.

An accusation is enough to land a man in handcuffs. My ex was the one who was abusive , she phoned the police which came to the house and there i was with a bleeding face and ripped t-shirt and it was me who got arrested.

She got legal aid but I spent thousands of pounds spent on lawyers just to clear my name, lost short of everything.

Then I won the case and I was still damaged to this day still. What punishment does she get? absolutely nothing, makes me sick.

East Cheshire

"Sadly men are often thought of as guilty until proved innocent.

Women lie about atrocious crimes, and it is rare that there are any repercussions for the liars, in the meantime men have been tarnished. There needs to be a strong deterrent to stop women lying.

However, as in so many cases, there is only the 2 of them who will truly know what has gone on in their relationship."

Yet their are videos, audio recordings and many on the ground 'close' witnesses who utterly support Johhny both before, during and after his relationship to the clearly narcissistic monster Heard... Then there's her continuing behaviour, and that of her 'flying monkey' friends. Her legal support clearly and greatly struggling to shore up her obviously false claims.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

If it was later admitted by the lady that she had fabricated her complaint of abuse or mistreatment, the man, the convicted person could have asked the conviction belatedly be revisited using the "Ladd v Marshall" principle, a very famous case from 1954.

Operation Mincemeat, a film that has only been released was devised by Ewen Montagu QC (then KC) who appeared in the famous Ladd v Marshall case, that depends on three criteria.

The female complainant could also be jailed for perjury and perverting the course of justice; and a civil claim could also be made against her for damages.

In family courts, you get law, not justice! Women fabricate allegations, daily to suit their ends.

AND, because of the very low rates of conviction, abusers, including many controlling and coercive men, go unpunished, to then misbehave with other future unfortunate victims

East Cheshire

"In family courts, you get law, not justice! "

No law actually, 'family' court judges routinely ignore their own bench directives too. Basic human and child rights ARE law in this country yet routinely and purposely broken in family court on a massive scale. Right to fair hearing, right to access and present evidence, right to family life, right to question witnesses etc.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

This isn't a woman v man issue and no understanding comes of making it one.

There are laws to protect all.

No one can be convicted of abuse or lose access to their children unless there is evidence to show that they have been abusive.

Even very young children are asked questions about how they feel about each parent in an appropriate way.

The needs of the child are paramount with many involved in social / legal care.

Either party can lie, exaggerate or manipulate. One word is not taken over the other and it is more than common for the 'abuser' to blame shift.

Merseyside

"Sadly men are often thought of as guilty until proved innocent.

However, as in so many cases, there is only the 2 of them who will truly know what has gone on in their relationship."

People lie.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

It’s the reason why many men won’t get into relationships with women anymore. They refuse to put themselves at risk of having their lives destroyed because they know what the outcome will be, irrespective of who was at fault.

Merseyside

"I see people say that the courts aren't bias, come on, do you honestly think that? How many men do you see win a case in a family court? A very small percentage.

An accusation is enough to land a man in handcuffs. My ex was the one who was abusive , she phoned the police which came to the house and there i was with a bleeding face and ripped t-shirt and it was me who got arrested.

She got legal aid but I spent thousands of pounds spent on lawyers just to clear my name, lost short of everything.

Then I won the case and I was still damaged to this day still. What punishment does she get? absolutely nothing, makes me sick."

Yes. I do honestly believe that the courts make great attempts to act without bias based on gender.

w

"I see people say that the courts aren't bias, come on, do you honestly think that? How many men do you see win a case in a family court? A very small percentage.

Then I won the case and I was still damaged to this day still. What punishment does she get? absolutely nothing, makes me sick.

Yes. I do honestly believe that the courts make great attempts to act without bias based on gender. "

I also think they attempt to do that

I think they are poor attempts and heavy biases still exist

Merseyside

When a gay couple with children separate - I wonder how they explain the findings away.

They can't use the 'courts are biased' argument.

Yes. I do honestly believe that the courts make great attempts to act without bias based on gender. "

You have the right to think that, but it's not how it is sadly.

I completely agree with you.

It's so clear to me after closely following the case that Amber is guilty. Johnny might have said some shitty things and he's not an angel, but it is easy to see who the real victim is.

East Cheshire

"

No one can be convicted of abuse or lose access to their children unless there is evidence to show that they have been abusive.

Even very young children are asked questions about how they feel about each parent in an appropriate way.

Either party can lie, exaggerate or manipulate. One word is not taken over the other and it is more than common for the 'abuser' to blame shift. "

Utter rubbish, a decade of experience here and helping thousands of others deal with social services, CAFCASS and family courts via many platforms. The interests of the mother are paramount even if child abuse is clearly present and a great long term risk.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

"

Either party can lie, exaggerate or manipulate. One word is not taken over the other and it is more than common for the 'abuser' to blame shift.

Utter rubbish, a decade of experience here and helping thousands of others deal with social services, CAFCASS and family courts via many platforms. The interests of the mother are paramount even if child abuse is clearly present and a great long term risk."

My situation showed how a highly skilled manipulator and dark webber could by-pass everything and the authorities are not upskilled enough to handle a modern day coercive controller. Women do not always win, even when the evidence is stacked in their favour.

You can't generalise about men or women on any subject. We're all different.

I think it's wrong to air dirty laundry in public, whatever the situation. Learn from it and move on. I hope JD gets his career back. They both sound equally fucked up from what I've read, though we're only privvy to the stuff that sells news.

C

"

Utter rubbish, a decade of experience here and helping thousands of others deal with social services, CAFCASS and family courts via many platforms. The interests of the mother are paramount even if child abuse is clearly present and a great long term risk.

My situation showed how a highly skilled manipulator and dark webber could by-pass everything and the authorities are not upskilled enough to handle a modern day coercive controller. Women do not always win, even when the evidence is stacked in their favour.

You can't generalise about men or women on any subject. We're all different.

I think it's wrong to air dirty laundry in public, whatever the situation. Learn from it and move on. I hope JD gets his career back. They both sound equally fucked up from what I've read, though we're only privvy to the stuff that sells news.

C "

I have been watching some of it live. It’s certainly interesting and not as sensational as the clips make out.

So far the evidence does side with JD but this case isn’t about who abused who as such yet that is how it’s coming across

East Cheshire

"You can't generalise about men or women on any subject. We're all different "

Sorry but my decade (and some prior) of experience says I can. Nothing anyone says can change what my children and I witnessed first hand by many people from school staff to judges and govt ombudsmen. That also includes the thousands I helped while being admin of several large groups (one over 60,000 members) that also helped some women (aunties, grandmothers etc of cruelly alienated children also utterly ignored to favour the mother).

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

"You can't generalise about men or women on any subject. We're all different

Sorry but my decade (and some prior) of experience says I can. Nothing anyone says can change what my children and I witnessed first hand by many people from school staff to judges and govt ombudsmen. That also includes the thousands I helped while being admin of several large groups (one over 60,000 members) that also helped some women (aunties, grandmothers etc of cruelly alienated children also utterly ignored to favour the mother)."

Times change - and there are always exceptions ...and generalisations only help to fuel prejudice.

It sounds like you've done some great support work for one element of relationship breakdowns. There's always a flip side to a coin.

C

By *roonGuy46Man  over a year ago

Troon

[Removed by poster at 27/04/22 17:22:45]

By *roonGuy46Man  over a year ago

Troon

He gets his storyline’s fed too him through an earpiece whilst acting in films as can’t remember his lines. Due too him being too busy snorting lines lol.

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Croydon

Wow...just reading that gives me panic attacks. It honestly makes me think if meeting a woman is worth...I know these things happen extremely rare, I know it's probably more likely to get hit by lightning than to find myself in a situation like that, I know it's a one in a million (probably) chances a woman would make false allegations, however if all it takes is for a woman to say "he abused me", after going on a date and simply not wanting to progress anything with her, and for my life to be ruined so easily because of it....Man, honestly it makes me think I just want to be ALONE

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It also completely disrespectful to true victims of abuse and violence.For someone just to make it up out of spite against anyone else is beyond my comprehension and makes them on lowest of the low in my eyes. I would really hope it will change in future and those who do make false allegations do get severely punished.

Wow...just reading that gives me panic attacks. It honestly makes me think if meeting a woman is worth...I know these things happen extremely rare, I know it's probably more likely to get hit by lightning than to find myself in a situation like that, I know it's a one in a million (probably) chances a woman would make false allegations, however if all it takes is for a woman to say "he abused me", after going on a date and simply not wanting to progress anything with her, and for my life to be ruined so easily because of it....Man, honestly it makes me think I just want to be ALONE "

It happens more than we realise on the public scale, but yes it's still overall rare compared to the true cases. There are some very vindictive people out there.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Wow...just reading that gives me panic attacks. It honestly makes me think if meeting a woman is worth...I know these things happen extremely rare, I know it's probably more likely to get hit by lightning than to find myself in a situation like that, I know it's a one in a million (probably) chances a woman would make false allegations, however if all it takes is for a woman to say "he abused me", after going on a date and simply not wanting to progress anything with her, and for my life to be ruined so easily because of it....Man, honestly it makes me think I just want to be ALONE

It happens more than we realise on the public scale, but yes it's still overall rare compared to the true cases. There are some very vindictive people out there. "

A very close friend of mine was put away for r**ing his then wife. When a friend of hers came forward about 18 months into his sentence and told police that the wife had been boasting in the pub about lying to get him put away and how easy it was, eventually they released him, after 2 other women admitted that she had told them the same story (about 11 months further into the sentence). But it had come down to "he said, she said", and because of the situation he hadn't stood a chance.

Anyone who falsely accuses someone of that kind of thing should be given the same sentence as the accused would have been given or did get. Because it ruins lives, wastes time and money AND stops others from being believed.

Wow...just reading that gives me panic attacks. It honestly makes me think if meeting a woman is worth...I know these things happen extremely rare, I know it's probably more likely to get hit by lightning than to find myself in a situation like that, I know it's a one in a million (probably) chances a woman would make false allegations, however if all it takes is for a woman to say "he abused me", after going on a date and simply not wanting to progress anything with her, and for my life to be ruined so easily because of it....Man, honestly it makes me think I just want to be ALONE "

I was thrown in a cell like a criminal over false accusations, after months of abuse I built the courage to tell her i was leaving her and she lashed out at me , bruised face , scratch marks and not once did I hit her back.

I locked myself in the toilet just to get away from it all untill the police arrived hoping they would calm the situation down, instead what do they do ? Pin me to the ground and handcuff me.

Months in court and thousands spent to clear my name.

No matter what anyone says to me , after my experiance the justice system is bias, end of.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It happens more than we realise on the public scale, but yes it's still overall rare compared to the true cases. There are some very vindictive people out there.

A very close friend of mine was put away for r**ing his then wife. When a friend of hers came forward about 18 months into his sentence and told police that the wife had been boasting in the pub about lying to get him put away and how easy it was, eventually they released him, after 2 other women admitted that she had told them the same story (about 11 months further into the sentence). But it had come down to "he said, she said", and because of the situation he hadn't stood a chance.

Anyone who falsely accuses someone of that kind of thing should be given the same sentence as the accused would have been given or did get. Because it ruins lives, wastes time and money AND stops others from being believed."

Exactly!

And even if no conviction is made, the court of public opinion rules and is long term is just as damaging. The stigma of just the accusation sticks with them for a long time.

w

Back in my home town there was a big man hunt for a guy that r@ped a girl on her walk home.

Guy gets arrested and instantly the whole town wants blood. Thank god the police didn’t give out his name

CCTV footage found was used in questioning and the girl folded. She wasn’t r@per. She cheated on her boyfriend and felt bad. The guy arrested? He was just in the area at the time. Wasn’t even the guy she slept with.

Imagine if she kept her story up? What would have happened to the guys life. Who knows. But she had nothing done to her as far as I know.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

This celebrity case, so widely reported worldwide, is just phase two of a celebrity bustup, that is being fought with two large and extraordinarily expensive teams of lawyers that ordinary person could never afford.

Scorned and/or malicious women and/or mentally unstable women daily use fabricated stories to achieve their objectives.

However, the police now respond to allegations more pro actively and much less sceptically than in the past and sometimes overreact to a complaint.

Crucially, and make note of this: if you are going to meet someone for a casual encounter from this site, be sure to keep a record in some form of the communications that have taken place between you, so that in the event of a complaint, for whatever reason, you can provide an audit trail of your ongoing interactions.

Many years ago, I attended a trial of a guy, who shall remain nameless, who was falsely accused of R, at a party. It took over four years for him to clear his name, which he had spent in a high security prison on the special isolation wing, for his own safety.

The celebrity Depp Heard case is just public mud-slinging, but the ordinary Joe or Jane case is very different, with massive life-changing consequences

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"It’s the reason why many men won’t get into relationships with women anymore. They refuse to put themselves at risk of having their lives destroyed because they know what the outcome will be, irrespective of who was at fault.

"

I think it's only a certain kind of man who thinks this way

» Add a new message to this topic