FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is the grass

Is the grass

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Is the grass "always greener"?

Have you ever been in a position where you've thought it....and was it or did it turn out to be just artificial turf???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No I don’t think it is. Classic example of this was the pandemic where so many people were complaining they were so lonely and the other half were complaining they didn’t get a minute to themselves and the house was full constantly. I honestly believe it was just as hard for both during that time. I would have given anything for one day (even one minute!) by myself.

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

leicestershire

There’s shit in every field….

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I think wanting what you can't have is a thing... But I don't think it's always better once you have it, no.

Mrs TMN x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have tried it and sometimes it's a lush paradise others have been painted concrete.

Nope I don't think it is. Projection is a deceiving thing and more times than not, if something is too good to be true, it usually is. I'd rather fight for something that's worth it than run at the first sign of pretend paradise.

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

I’ve never actually had the urge to find out. I don’t like change. So I’m happy with the grass my side of the fence even if it is an off green colour

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

It depends on the situation for me. I'll have different views depending on which area of my life I'm looking at.

I've moved jobs more than most and never once regretted it. If I'm applying for jobs then something is fundamentally wrong with the one I'm in, so the grass elsewhere may not be any greener but I know it will be equally green so I'll chance it in the hope it will be greener (and very often it has been).

In relationships I've never believed in leaving one guy for a shinier, newer one. If the relationship is beyond repair then I leave, I don't need greener grass to go to. I do think sometimes people fall for the greener grass of the initial excitement of a new relationship only to find themselves back in exactly the same day to day grind a few years in.

I know when my dad was dying he bitterly regretted leaving my mum for my stepmum, as the grass was most certainly not as green but he'd done too much damage to repair things at that point.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"No I don’t think it is. Classic example of this was the pandemic where so many people were complaining they were so lonely and the other half were complaining they didn’t get a minute to themselves and the house was full constantly. I honestly believe it was just as hard for both during that time. I would have given anything for one day (even one minute!) by myself. "

I think it was equally difficult for both, you're right.

That said, as much as I craved touch and as lonely as I was, there's no way I would've changed places with someone trapped at home with other people and kids 24/7 as for me the loneliness was definitely the lesser of two evils!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

No it’s not. Be careful what you wish for, as it’s not always what you think it is.

Leeds

"No it’s not. Be careful what you wish for, as it’s not always what you think it is. "

This is very true.

I was just musing over sayings like this one or the likes of "can things seem to be good to true" type of thing x

If you look after the grass you've got then there's no need to check the neighbours lawn

Leeds

"If you look after the grass you've got then there's no need to check the neighbours lawn "

Very good reply

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Only once, joined a company that promised the world but delivered … nothing.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"No it’s not. Be careful what you wish for, as it’s not always what you think it is.

This is very true.

I was just musing over sayings like this one or the likes of "can things seem to be good to true" type of thing x"

That last quote of yours definitely, some can show a very public ‘everything is great’ face, but could be a very different story behind closed doors.

I think it can be, there might be better out there and a chance to be happier etc I also think it is healthier to water your own grass first before looking elsewhere.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t.

When it isn’t, it’s mostly because people haven’t properly evaluated things and have an unrealistic expectation.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If you look after the grass you've got then there's no need to check the neighbours lawn "

Yep. The grass is always greener where it's watered most

By *weetAndSluttyCouple  over a year ago

Burntwood

"Nope I don't think it is. Projection is a deceiving thing and more times than not, if something is too good to be true, it usually is. I'd rather fight for something that's worth it than run at the first sign of pretend paradise."

So true x

When you get to the other side of the fence your grass always looks greener

The grass is always greener where you water it

"When you get to the other side of the fence your grass always looks greener "

I always thought this was the point of the idiom the grass is always greener on the other side. When you're on one side the other looks better and vice versa. No?

"When you get to the other side of the fence your grass always looks greener

I always thought this was the point of the idiom the grass is always greener on the other side. When you're on one side the other looks better and vice versa. No?"

Yes but it’s my grass

Probably

I always thought this was the point of the idiom the grass is always greener on the other side. When you're on one side the other looks better and vice versa. No?

Yes but it’s my grass "

Fair enough

Yes but it’s my grass

Fair enough "

I own both gardens

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"No it’s not. Be careful what you wish for, as it’s not always what you think it is.

This is very true.

I was just musing over sayings like this one or the likes of "can things seem to be good to true" type of thing x"

I don’t like them & tend to have my own I live by - don’t wish for a safe easy life but an adventurous and meaningful one, everything has a start and an end , nothing lasts forever, quit well , quit fast or persist and finish well

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

"Nope I don't think it is. Projection is a deceiving thing and more times than not, if something is too good to be true, it usually is. I'd rather fight for something that's worth it than run at the first sign of pretend paradise."

This pretty much sums up my feelings about most things

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Forget the grass. Go for the cake. All of it and eat it.

Leeds

"Forget the grass. Go for the cake. All of it and eat it. "

I'd rather make it and give it away lol x

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

This exactly

By *he AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

"Is the grass "always greener"?

Have you ever been in a position where you've thought it....and was it or did it turn out to be just artificial turf???"

ohhh knee and ass burns,, lesson learned young, don't sneak into the 5 aside astro for a shag at 19, wait till your 2 minutes down the road at the football field,(plus the football field didn't have cctv) lesson learned young X2.

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

"No I don’t think it is. Classic example of this was the pandemic where so many people were complaining they were so lonely and the other half were complaining they didn’t get a minute to themselves and the house was full constantly. I honestly believe it was just as hard for both during that time. I would have given anything for one day (even one minute!) by myself.

I think it was equally difficult for both, you're right.

That said, as much as I craved touch and as lonely as I was, there's no way I would've changed places with someone trapped at home with other people and kids 24/7 as for me the loneliness was definitely the lesser of two evils!"

That’s exactly how I felt too when people felt sorry for me being in my own in the pandemic. I was just thinking thank goodness I had time alone, I couldn’t have done it with a partner and kids having grown to enjoy my time alone now.

By *remiumbondMan  over a year ago

Morpeth

I don’t think it is. It may look greener from your side of the fence but once you get over there it’s the same. Sometimes you wish you could go back but it’s too late !!!!!

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

No..I’ve never understood this jealous mentality of other peoples life’s, just get on with your own one, if you want something work hard for it, set goals, focus, take time out to find things you enjoy and fill your life with the stuff that makes YOU happy - the more projecting you do by scrolling through the rose tinted profiles on social media and thinking everyone but you has there shit together is just a waste of precious time x

By *omer47Man  over a year ago

leigh

No its not always greener on the other side. Some people are just either greedy or vein.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Sometimes the really green stuff is moss or mould.

Real grass has the odd brown patch, a few w@@ds, and some other unwanted bits in it, but, if it's cared for in a healthy way it can be the place where you feel most content and at peace.

Leeds

"Sometimes the really green stuff is moss or mould.

Real grass has the odd brown patch, a few w@@ds, and some other unwanted bits in it, but, if it's cared for in a healthy way it can be the place where you feel most content and at peace."

Great reply PP x

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Real grass has the odd brown patch, a few w@@ds, and some other unwanted bits in it, but, if it's cared for in a healthy way it can be the place where you feel most content and at peace.

Great reply PP x"

You don't see the butterflies and bumbles flourish from the arficial stuff now do ya x

Leeds

Great reply PP x

You don't see the butterflies and bumbles flourish from the arficial stuff now do ya x"

Very true. I've never liked a perfect lawn x

Its a muddy field covered in moss

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Yes the grass can definitely be greener. I went from a toxic relationship to the best relationship there could ever be.

Depends,

is it well trimmed?

Does it flood?

Does it need fertilizing regularly?

By *quaman87Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Is the grass "always greener"?

Have you ever been in a position where you've thought it....and was it or did it turn out to be just artificial turf???"

Couple times in my time, and not once was it greener! I wouldn't think it could be again!

» Add a new message to this topic