FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The pinch!

The pinch!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andyfloss2000 OP   Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Think people are tightening their belts in light of all the price hikes! I'm an online picker and we have a slump in Jan/Feb very little overtime! But this time last year in new financial year they are begging us to do overtime! We not had any for weeks with a finishing time of 9 in morning this time last year it could b as late as 3 in afta! Not sure if they praps going to cheaper shops? Or what? But very worring! Shall have to maybe get a second job x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Last year we were also in lockdown at the beginning of the year so people shipped online more.

People will inevitably be choosing essentials over nice to haves. Some having to choose between heat or eat.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unfortunately for you OP, people are worried more about being able to eat, heat their homes, pay rising bills, than they are about your lack of overtime. I doubt many are even shopping at cheaper stores. They’re simply not shopping as much.

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield + Doncaster (Work)

"Unfortunately for you OP, people are worried more about being able to eat, heat their homes, pay rising bills, than they are about your lack of overtime. I doubt many are even shopping at cheaper stores. They’re simply not shopping as much. "

I don’t think the OP is saying people need to shop more to keep her in a job, but rather that she sees the reduced demand for her role to potentially indicate people are spending less.

ashford

"Unfortunately for you OP, people are worried more about being able to eat, heat their homes, pay rising bills, than they are about your lack of overtime. I doubt many are even shopping at cheaper stores. They’re simply not shopping as much. "

Yes I'm sure they are not in the slightest worried about my overtime! Pmsl! Was merely pointing out the difference since April in the orders! And yes we all feeling the pinch for sure! Luckily I only have a year left to work b 4 i can retire! But only doing 20 hrs contracted I relyed on overtime to make up to a full time wage as I'm sure alot of people do x

ashford

"Unfortunately for you OP, people are worried more about being able to eat, heat their homes, pay rising bills, than they are about your lack of overtime. I doubt many are even shopping at cheaper stores. They’re simply not shopping as much.

I don’t think the OP is saying people need to shop more to keep her in a job, but rather that she sees the reduced demand for her role to potentially indicate people are spending less."

Exactly ty x

I run a business that requires my car pulling into a forecourt for petrol. Omfg, don’t get me started on that.

But, your right op, we’ve seen a slump in spending. Shoppers feel tho pinch and don’t spend, business sees a drop in sales and prices for running their business rises. Ffs, it’s hard at the moment for everyone.

ashford

"I run a business that requires my car pulling into a forecourt for petrol. Omfg, don’t get me started on that.

But, your right op, we’ve seen a slump in spending. Shoppers feel tho pinch and don’t spend, business sees a drop in sales and prices for running their business rises. Ffs, it’s hard at the moment for everyone. "

Yes for sure! It all has a knock on effect x

Nearly everybody is skint, there’s no savings left in the pot. People prioritising over which essentials to use their little bit of money on.

Existing rather than living.

By *aturefun63Man  over a year ago

Belper

Now do my online weekly shop with Iceland instead of Morrison’s,also cancelled sky sports ,gas and electric bill trebled from £70 to £209 so need to make some sacrifices

"Nearly everybody is skint, there’s no savings left in the pot. People prioritising over which essentials to use their little bit of money on.

Existing rather than living. "

This is true. It’s scary when we listen to the news. It would be nice to feel like we could enjoy some life sometime wouldn’t it?

It’s about time.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

Same here.

Loads of overtime last year but this year there is not much if any.

We are shopping more at lidl and avoiding the big stores.

Still planning on buying some luxury items this year as wife turns 50 this year and I turned 50 last year,maybe a nice watch and handbag for the wife.

Both working from home so spending less on transport.

Well seems the belt tightening is happening all the way up the food chain my number 1 customer is the largest supermarket chain and just downsized some major projects that were due to come my way, now will have a major gap in my work load

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Definitely not doing as much online shopping, not even for groceries. Last year I had regular weekly shops delivered, now I'm on my own and it's just as and when.

ashford

It irks me I've just thrown the best part of a large dominos pizza out for seagulls!(b 4 anyone says I know u not meant to feed them) but seagull lifes matter 2! Daughter bought it then left what she didn't eat un refrigerated! Not that I would have eaten it had meat on it but younger daughter would have eaten it! I hate waste at anytime even more so now! I'm very frugal with my cooking x

ashford

"Definitely not doing as much online shopping, not even for groceries. Last year I had regular weekly shops delivered, now I'm on my own and it's just as and when."

Yes I'm same I used to get weekly delivery now monthly and pick up bits at work and girls tend to do alot of their own shopping when they not getting takeaway x

» Add a new message to this topic