FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Remortgage-Release Equity

Remortgage-Release Equity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

Hey Folks,

Has anyone recently remortgaged their property after home improvements to release equity?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Remortgage yea, equity release company steer well clear…

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Remortgage yea, equity release company steer well clear…"

From what my mother has told me, this is good advice

Cookstown

"Remortgage yea, equity release company steer well clear…"

No it would be via the mortgage route.

I owe £57k

Will do £25 work

House will be valued @ £130k ( hopefully)

I want it all within the mortgage

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Speak to your lender, they should be able to do you an equity release loan although I've no idea at what rate (haven't thought about these since working for a lender in the early 00s), shouldn't be to dissimilar to your mortgage rates though as your LTV shouldn't be particularly high.

Cookstown

"Speak to your lender, they should be able to do you an equity release loan although I've no idea at what rate (haven't thought about these since working for a lender in the early 00s), shouldn't be to dissimilar to your mortgage rates though as your LTV shouldn't be particularly high."

High as in what would you assume?

Derbyshire village

"Speak to your lender, they should be able to do you an equity release loan although I've no idea at what rate (haven't thought about these since working for a lender in the early 00s), shouldn't be to dissimilar to your mortgage rates though as your LTV shouldn't be particularly high.

High as in what would you assume? "

You'd be borrowing around 82 percent, have a look at you lenders website and see what rates they're offering, better yet give em a call

Cookstown

"Speak to your lender, they should be able to do you an equity release loan although I've no idea at what rate (haven't thought about these since working for a lender in the early 00s), shouldn't be to dissimilar to your mortgage rates though as your LTV shouldn't be particularly high.

High as in what would you assume?

You'd be borrowing around 82 percent, have a look at you lenders website and see what rates they're offering, better yet give em a call "

Im with Santander they saying 80%.

But I’ll ring them at times it’s best to stick where I am!

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Avoid Equity release like the plague !!!

Cookstown

" Avoid Equity release like the plague !!! "

I am lol

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

My friend seems to think they just give you the money without paying it back monthly?

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

" Avoid Equity release like the plague !!!

My friend seems to think they just give you the money without paying it back monthly? "

That's true in a way. The interest is added to the loan amount and is normally payable on death or if you have to sell the property for care fees.

Equity release or lifetime mortgage used to have a really bad name as the interest charged was huge. It's better now however still more expensive has a traditional mortgage.

There are definite circumstances where they are a logical tool for estate planning purposes but not for everyone

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"Hey Folks,

Has anyone recently remortgaged their property after home improvements to release equity?

"

They are two very different products. First is borrowing against an asset,, 2nd is realising an asset capital value whilst benefiting from using the asset still

It’s works if you don’t want to leave to future generations but the products are not great , downsizing may be a better or even selling up and renting in some cases

What is it your trying to achieve ?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Silly advice, for many older people it makes perfect sense to use equity release if they want enjoy a certain lifestyle, keep a good house at the trade off of not leaving property assets in their will , it’s their decision

Cookstown

"Hey Folks,

They are two very different products. First is borrowing against an asset,, 2nd is realising an asset capital value whilst benefiting from using the asset still

It’s works if you don’t want to leave to future generations but the products are not great , downsizing may be a better or even selling up and renting in some cases

What is it your trying to achieve ?

"

I am seeking to release funds from the value of the property whilst still retaining ownership.

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

An equity release agreement transfers ownership of the property to the lender. The property is sold on the death of the occupying borrower, and the proceeds are used to settle the outstanding debt to the lender, which may include accumulated interest, if this is part of the agreement. Any surplus sales proceeds will be distributed to the borrower’s heirs in accordance with the instructions in the deceased’s will. In effect, the borrowers occupy the properties rent-free for the rest of their lives, and can spend a significant portion the money that they invested in their homes in the past.

The OP wants to retain ownership, so he needs to re-mortgage for more funds.

Derbyshire village

I'll just mention here that waaaay back we called remortgage "equity release loans", I wasn't suggesting OP sign his property over to anyone

» Add a new message to this topic