FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why is it so hard?

Why is it so hard?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uffolkcouple-bi only OP   Couple  over a year ago

west suffolk

Why is it so hard for guys to read a profile correctly to see what others are looking for? Our profile states exactly what we are looking for yet I (female) have been subjected to abuse again and again for not wanting to “sit on a guys face” or “dress up in something sexy for me”

Certain guys assume that every female on here are only on here for them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

What on earth made you think it would be easy?

west suffolk

"What on earth made you think it would be easy?"

How hard is it to read a profile?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"What on earth made you think it would be easy?

How hard is it to read a profile? "

On here? Almost impossible it would seem. Don't build your hopes up to people reading or taking note of profiles. It just doesn't happen.

By *age500Woman  over a year ago

ashton-under-lyne

I’ve just stopped asking myself this. Never changes

By *etterdays2021Man  over a year ago

PETERBOROUGH

Some guy read the profile and still no reply. They fit all the requirements and do everything..still no reply...

But yeah your right ..some people ignore profile

THE STICKS

wrong answer - I'm asking you about what YOU are thinking - not others - focus please

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Certain guys assume that every female on here are only on here for them "

--Some guys on here assume that every profile they are interested has just been waiting for them!

I'm finding it's getting a little better though. During lockdown I found here and Fabguys-especially were full of "when u meeting?" first posts, esp from young men. --

By *etterdays2021Man  over a year ago

PETERBOROUGH

"I’ve just stopped asking myself this. Never changes "
thats very true .

God your beautiful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Most men think that looking at the photos is the same as reading the profile. It's so ridiculous it makes me laugh. I don't respond, I just delete and if they keep messaging, I usually just block them.

They can't read mine. I get winks and friend requests from men and couples.

The simplest profile ever.

By *hrobinsonMan  over a year ago

Bridgnorth

It isn't surprising but it's certainly frustrating... I love seeing that yellow message notification and when it's a rubbish message it's so off-putting. Hope you'll find a bit more of what you want

west suffolk

wrong answer - I'm asking you about what YOU are thinking - not others - focus please"

Perhaps you should FOCUS on my message, I didn’t say anything was easy…I asked “how hard is it for guys to read a profile correctly?”

west suffolk

Thankyou all, I have even taken down the photos of myself and just left my bfs pics up and that still hasn’t made a difference.

I just find it incredibly tiresome asking guys to read the profile properly then message me back but I still get the same responses

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

near Peterborough

Si senorita.

"Thankyou all, I have even taken down the photos of myself and just left my bfs pics up and that still hasn’t made a difference.

I just find it incredibly tiresome asking guys to read the profile properly then message me back but I still get the same responses "

It's easier to go looking for men yourself. Message men you like.

west suffolk

"Thankyou all, I have even taken down the photos of myself and just left my bfs pics up and that still hasn’t made a difference.

I just find it incredibly tiresome asking guys to read the profile properly then message me back but I still get the same responses

"

I don’t want any men lol we look for men for my bf not for me, I get my pleasure seeing my bf get pleasure from cock as I don’t have one

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I don’t want any men lol we look for men for my bf not for me, I get my pleasure seeing my bf get pleasure from cock as I don’t have one "

I think Outsider means you (the royal "you") approach men listed as bi to see if they wish to meet your husband, rather than waiting for messages to come through. I could be wrong though.

By *idesWillTurnMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

You can read an entire profile and write a really nice message and still be blocked and deleted in nano seconds.

Don't get me wrong, on our old couples account we used to get a lot of shitty messages

But by the same token, it is hard for good men to gain a level of trust or prove themselves

I don't think it used to be quite as bad, but I definitely find the site a lot more standoffish now

No perfect world sadly

[Removed by poster at 19/04/22 00:37:44]

"Why is it so hard for guys to read a profile correctly to see what others are looking for? Our profile states exactly what we are looking for yet I (female) have been subjected to abuse again and again for not wanting to “sit on a guys face” or “dress up in something sexy for me”

Certain guys assume that every female on here are only on here for them "

the abuse bit il agree bang out of order as for it being guys who dont read em plenty women and couples dont read em either its all about point of view

I don’t want any men lol we look for men for my bf not for me, I get my pleasure seeing my bf get pleasure from cock as I don’t have one

I think Outsider means you (the royal "you") approach men listed as bi to see if they wish to meet your husband, rather than waiting for messages to come through. I could be wrong though. "

"

And they’re not? Well, I’m out then.

Just forget about it and move on. The struggle is real on here for everyone. Women/men/couples/TVs - everyone has their own personal ‘negative’ side of fab they have to ignore. Concentrate on the good

I would probably ignore people who are ignorant or impolite to me, just as I always do in the real world.

That's what she said.

We start off reading telling ourselves pay attention to the detail. If we reply make sure you use the keyword they've requested to prove you've read the whole profile. Then we get all excited and start thinking with our little head and not our big head.

And we end up typing something that ends up annoying you.

By *ake-Me-FeelWoman  over a year ago

Sussex

It's not just guys that don't read profiles. Couples and the (very few) women who message me rarely read mine too.

Yes it's frustrating but hey ho. Such is life.

And I don't bother replying to them to say "read the profile", I'd just delete.

What’s this about?

Couldn’t be bothered reading.

west suffolk

I just see it that everyone would have a much better chance of a meet if the profiles are read, to see if you are both wanting the same things from a meet.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

The profile is fairly clear, but so many just check the photos and nothing else

west suffolk

"The profile is fairly clear, but so many just check the photos and nothing else "

That’s why I took the photos of myself off and just left my bfs pics on and that still hasn’t made a difference

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Just chill it's supposed to be fun just delete and forget about.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Some men cannot see beyond the sex part.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Probably best to tighten your filters so single men can't message you? You could message the ones you fancy instead?

west suffolk

"Just chill it's supposed to be fun just delete and forget about."

I agree it is supposed to be fun but it’s hardly fun for me getting abuse because I am not interested In sitting on some guys face while my bf sucks him off

west suffolk

"Some men cannot see beyond the sex part."

They just automatically assume that because a female is part of a couple that that female wants to have sex with him when it’s actually my bf wanting the sex lol

Just set message filters. It's quite easy, then we don't see another post from more than likely a guy saying why don't guys read profiles.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Some men cannot see beyond the sex part.

They just automatically assume that because a female is part of a couple that that female wants to have sex with him when it’s actually my bf wanting the sex lol "

Get him to make his own profile to search for cock suckers

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Abuse is shit and never on.

I would say that using filters and hunting for yourself is the way forward.

Or set up rules when managing your inbox to avoid reading (properly) shit messages

(One liners and shadow heads are blocked without reading in my world)

west suffolk

"Some men cannot see beyond the sex part.

They just automatically assume that because a female is part of a couple that that female wants to have sex with him when it’s actually my bf wanting the sex lol

Get him to make his own profile to search for cock suckers"

He has his own profile, we don’t look for cock suckers he has me for that he wants to be the cock sucker

"You can read an entire profile and write a really nice message and still be blocked and deleted in nano seconds.

Don't get me wrong, on our old couples account we used to get a lot of shitty messages

But by the same token, it is hard for good men to gain a level of trust or prove themselves

I don't think it used to be quite as bad, but I definitely find the site a lot more standoffish now

No perfect world sadly "

Exactly this. It's not just us guys that do this. I've encountered women doing the exact same thing. Ever seen a woman enraged after rejection? It's not pretty.

So sick and tired of men getting the blame for everything.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Why reply?

When you receive a message and it's obvious they haven't read your profile, delete & block, they've wasted enough of your time

By *westUKguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

I think some of you women need ladders to get off your high horses, you just buy a car off what it says on the window or in auto trader do you, NO , you still ask questions, you still look at it from all angles and possibly take it for a test drive, just because people still ask questions doesnt mean they havent read the profile they are interacting to find out from the person not just a paragraph or staus..

By *heArrowsCouple  over a year ago

I think is a blood flow issue.

Blood flowing down rather than to the rational parts of the brain.

I'm not excusing behaviour.

It's just a theory I'm working on

Tits out Tuesday has me awfully distracted

"I think some of you women need ladders to get off your high horses, you just buy a car off what it says on the window or in auto trader do you, NO , you still ask questions, you still look at it from all angles and possibly take it for a test drive, just because people still ask questions doesnt mean they havent read the profile they are interacting to find out from the person not just a paragraph or staus.. "

Haha. That'll never happen. That's why ever increasing numbers of men are staying single. Most (not all) women of the latest generation are so insufferable and up thier own arses men are just leaving them to it haha.

It's my son I feel sorry for. The way thing are going he'll probably end up in prison for referring to himself as a man. SMH.

By *westUKguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

Oh dont get me wrong there are still lots of knuckle draggers out there who cant read or put a sentence together and for those guys, theres very little hope lol

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Because reading like conversation are dying arts ?? and a fair few do say they "Read" in surveys but by "Reading" they mostly mean reading facebook or the 1st few lines of any and all headlines ?? and so they come on here which they think is a strictly sex site and we work on the theory that if it's "Not" in someones profile it's pretty much given they won't be at all interested in whatever we might suggest so we don't ...

"I think some of you women need ladders to get off your high horses, you just buy a car off what it says on the window or in auto trader do you, NO , you still ask questions, you still look at it from all angles and possibly take it for a test drive, just because people still ask questions doesnt mean they havent read the profile they are interacting to find out from the person not just a paragraph or staus..

Haha. That'll never happen. That's why ever increasing numbers of men are staying single. Most (not all) women of the latest generation are so insufferable and up thier own arses men are just leaving them to it haha.

It's my son I feel sorry for. The way thing are going he'll probably end up in prison for referring to himself as a man. SMH."

Right. Wow.

"Oh dont get me wrong there are still lots of knuckle draggers out there who cant read or put a sentence together and for those guys, theres very little hope lol"

This is true. But research shows women keep going for the bad boys. %90 of women got for the same %5 of men. Those men are the best of the bunch and they know they are. They have options and use and disrespect women far more often than your average guy. But there's no telling women this. They simply won't have it. Because one Chad did it, were apparently all the same.

Then once they've had a few kids by a man they tell you is a waste of space (was ok to have kids with though, buyers remorse I call it) then they hit 40, get the tingles for Chad next door or down the road. Divorce hubby, Chad leaves them because they were just entertainment.

Then you hear the inevitable cry "where have all the good men gone?". They got married while you were chasing the bad boys and wasted your good years. You made the decision, don't complain about it.

The whole situations a mess on both sides and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. But women really do have over inflated opinions of themselves.

It's like Patrice O Neal said. Ladies need to realise, if you didn't have a vagina, men wouldn't be interested in at least %80 of women. Because they've relied on thier looks and bodies for so long they haven't developed a personality.

Do I sound bitter? Maybe. But I can promise you I'm not. I have an amazing woman. I really am genuinely concerned for my sons future and his mental health. Women of his generation if the way things are going are anything to go by, I'm genuinely concerned for his mental well being more than anything because of the cruel, shallow generations of women we are encouraging.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

No one reads profiles.

Its part of the rules for joining Fab.

We had to shorten our profile and still very few read it.

"No one reads profiles.

We had to shorten our profile and still very few read it."

Personally I think it's to do with things like Tinder. People are now conditioned to look at one or two pictures and then make an instant rash decision to message someone. No patience anymore.

"No one reads profiles.

We had to shorten our profile and still very few read it."

What’s a profile? I’m just here to look at tits.

"Oh dont get me wrong there are still lots of knuckle draggers out there who cant read or put a sentence together and for those guys, theres very little hope lol

This is true. But research shows women keep going for the bad boys. %90 of women got for the same %5 of men. Those men are the best of the bunch and they know they are. They have options and use and disrespect women far more often than your average guy. But there's no telling women this. They simply won't have it. Because one Chad did it, were apparently all the same.

Then once they've had a few kids by a man they tell you is a waste of space (was ok to have kids with though, buyers remorse I call it) then they hit 40, get the tingles for Chad next door or down the road. Divorce hubby, Chad leaves them because they were just entertainment.

Then you hear the inevitable cry "where have all the good men gone?". They got married while you were chasing the bad boys and wasted your good years. You made the decision, don't complain about it.

The whole situations a mess on both sides and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. But women really do have over inflated opinions of themselves.

It's like Patrice O Neal said. Ladies need to realise, if you didn't have a vagina, men wouldn't be interested in at least %80 of women. Because they've relied on thier looks and bodies for so long they haven't developed a personality.

Do I sound bitter? Maybe. But I can promise you I'm not. I have an amazing woman. I really am genuinely concerned for my sons future and his mental health. Women of his generation if the way things are going are anything to go by, I'm genuinely concerned for his mental well being more than anything because of the cruel, shallow generations of women we are encouraging."

You don't sound bitter. You sound like you hate women.

"Oh dont get me wrong there are still lots of knuckle draggers out there who cant read or put a sentence together and for those guys, theres very little hope lol

Do I sound bitter? Maybe. But I can promise you I'm not. I have an amazing woman. I really am genuinely concerned for my sons future and his mental health. Women of his generation if the way things are going are anything to go by, I'm genuinely concerned for his mental well being more than anything because of the cruel, shallow generations of women we are encouraging.

You don't sound bitter. You sound like you hate women. "

Looking at research and studies and forming an opinion based on the results of those studies doesn't mean I hate women. It means you don't like men having an opinion.

The research is out there go read it.

Tinder studies, baddoo and bumble studies show the first point I made about %90 of women all going for the same %5 of men.

Women also file for divorce %80 of the time. Usually because of infidelity (on both sides I might add, women now cheat approximately the same amount as men, especially since the advent of online dating sites) again, the numbers are out there go look them up.

As for women being alone and unhappy because of poor decision making again the research is out there. Women take roughly three times the amount of anti depressants that men do (and before you give us the old sexist men don't go to the doctor crap that's no longer the case and hasn't been for some time now). More and more women involved in hook up culture are depressed. This is a fact.

As I said. The data's in. The research is done. Don't be upset at me about it.

west suffolk

"Why reply?

When you receive a message and it's obvious they haven't read your profile, delete & block, they've wasted enough of your time

"

Half the time we are into a conversation when it’s said

Looking at research and studies and forming an opinion based on the results of those studies doesn't mean I hate women. It means you don't like men having an opinion.

Tinder studies, baddoo and bumble studies show the first point I made about %90 of women all going for the same %5 of men.

Women also file for divorce %80 of the time. Usually because of infidelity (on both sides I might add, women now cheat approximately the same amount as men, especially since the advent of online dating sites) again, the numbers are out there go look them up.

As for women being alone and unhappy because of poor decision making again the research is out there. Women take roughly three times the amount of anti depressants that men do (and before you give us the old sexist men don't go to the doctor crap that's no longer the case and hasn't been for some time now). More and more women involved in hook up culture are depressed. This is a fact.

As I said. The data's in. The research is done. Don't be upset at me about it. "

I'm not upset. I was stating my opinion based on what you've said here and elsewhere. You haven't cited a single source for your "facts".

west suffolk

"I think some of you women need ladders to get off your high horses, you just buy a car off what it says on the window or in auto trader do you, NO , you still ask questions, you still look at it from all angles and possibly take it for a test drive, just because people still ask questions doesnt mean they havent read the profile they are interacting to find out from the person not just a paragraph or staus.. "

I am not on my high horse at all I’m just fed up of some guys automatically assuming that all females want to fuck them even after reading the profile

I'm not upset. I was stating my opinion based on what you've said here and elsewhere. You haven't cited a single source for your "facts"."

Ah you're doing the old "whats your sources" rubbish. OK if you want toplay that game. I Hooe you've got some spare time to read. Give me a few minutes and I'll compile a nice list of reading for you. Then you can come back and apologise.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

There is a really simple solution which will greatly help you stop getting messages from a lot of men that you don't want to get messages off,use your filters .Either tighten them tighter than a ducks ass or block mem from messaging you. I have mine set tight and I very rarely get messages that are abusive anymore in fact I can't remember my last one. I don't get many messages maybe only a handful a week. That suits me as I don't need a load of messages off people I don't have time to be going through them no matter answering.

Of course if you do set tight filters or block men it means you have to actually do searching and looking yourself and find people who you like the look of and who you might want to meet in future and send a first message. And a lot of women and couples think that's too much work so they don't. Me I'm not doing new meets at present but when and if I decide to that will be my approach again rather than expect to get good messages all the time.

I'm not upset. I was stating my opinion based on what you've said here and elsewhere. You haven't cited a single source for your "facts".

Ah you're doing the old "whats your sources" rubbish. OK if you want toplay that game. I Hooe you've got some spare time to read. Give me a few minutes and I'll compile a nice list of reading for you. Then you can come back and apologise. "

Obviously I should always believe anything a man says...

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"Why is it so hard for guys to read a profile correctly to see what others are looking for? Our profile states exactly what we are looking for yet I (female) have been subjected to abuse again and again for not wanting to “sit on a guys face” or “dress up in something sexy for me”

I read profiles and only write to the ones who's riyeria I may fit.

Makes no difference.

Ah you're doing the old "whats your sources" rubbish. OK if you want toplay that game. I Hooe you've got some spare time to read. Give me a few minutes and I'll compile a nice list of reading for you. Then you can come back and apologise. "

Wow. You really have no clue about women do you?

"I think some of you women need ladders to get off your high horses, you just buy a car off what it says on the window or in auto trader do you, NO , you still ask questions, you still look at it from all angles and possibly take it for a test drive, just because people still ask questions doesnt mean they havent read the profile they are interacting to find out from the person not just a paragraph or staus..

I am not on my high horse at all I’m just fed up of some guys automatically assuming that all females want to fuck them even after reading the profile "

It's going to be a problem here always - I used to get wound up about it but now I just have heavy filters and I delete most messages without replying. At times I turn off all messages. Lots of people (not just women) get frustrated but there will always be dickheads on a big site. Just work around them and find what you want your way.

Ah you're doing the old "whats your sources" rubbish. OK if you want toplay that game. I Hooe you've got some spare time to read. Give me a few minutes and I'll compile a nice list of reading for you. Then you can come back and apologise.

Wow. You really have no clue about women do you? "

But he's got the research to prove that women are shit!

I think in all honesty some people just try it on.

But sadly it’s wasting everyone’s time

What I don’t get is the people that constantly send messages one after the other after you’ve deleted the first ?

But he's got the research to prove that women are shit! "

I’m in no way part of the top 5% of men and somehow managed to marry an amazing woman. I’ve also never struggled to meet women and I like to think I’m one of the good guys. Either I’m the exception to the rule or his studies are complete bollocks.

Tinder study:

https://medium.com/@worstonlinedater/tinder-experiments-ii-guys-unless-you-are-really-hot-you-are-probably-better-off-not-wasting-your-2ddf370a6e9a

Same applies for other dating sites.

Divorce statistics:

https://www.asanet.org/press-center/press-releases/women-more-likely-men-initiate-divorces-not-non-marital-breakups

https://dontdisappoint.me.uk/resources/lifestyle/divorce-statistics-uk/#:~:text=Women%20have%20been%20more%20likely,were%20petitioned%20by%20the%20wife.

Lots more if you want them.

Women on anti depressants:

https://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7641#:~:text=The%20annual%20Health%20Survey%20for,to%2064%20reported%20taking%20them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4790490/amp/Women-twice-likely-use-antidepressants-men.html

Women far unhappier with hookups:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12119-022-09946-w

Yes the numbers I cited are a teeny week bit off. But they vary from study to study as all studies do. I can provide lots more if you like. I've done a LOT of reading on this so I can pick up the pieces after some vacuous woman breaks his heart.

I’m in no way part of the top 5% of men and somehow managed to marry an amazing woman. I’ve also never struggled to meet women and I like to think I’m one of the good guys. Either I’m the exception to the rule or his studies are complete bollocks."

They aren't my studies. They are done by various health and psychology groups.

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden/Faversham

I always read the profile before I think about sending a message. I won't send a message if there are any criteria that would exclude me from what they are looking for.

Given that I'm fairly normal, or so I believe, there must be hundreds/thousands of men not sending unwanted messages.

The men/women/couples that do send unwanted messages are also spoiling it for a lot of the genuine people who are looking for a mutual connection based on what is in a member's profile.

But he's got the research to prove that women are shit! "

Psst. By the way. Women don't respect men that white Knight. She's a strong independent women. Let her stand up for herself.

I’m in no way part of the top 5% of men and somehow managed to marry an amazing woman. I’ve also never struggled to meet women and I like to think I’m one of the good guys. Either I’m the exception to the rule or his studies are complete bollocks.

They aren't my studies. They are done by various health and psychology groups."

Internet dating studies don’t prove anything about dating in the real world. I’m not traditionally handsome or tall or ripped like a Greek god and I don’t treat women badly and I’ve somehow done alright.

By *eamworkboyMan  over a year ago

Irvine

The answer to the original question is quite simple 'it's not'

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Some guys also assume that every woman is sitting in their lingerie just waiting for that "let's meet now and fuck" message x

A couple of reasons I'd suggest:

1. Laziness, pure and simple

2. Some idiots think "this is a sex site, if I message random stuff they will say yes as they want the same as me".

3. A lot of singles on here are attached and not playing "with permission". Most are just living out a fantasy and even if you called their bluff and said "sure, let's meet for you to do that", they wouldnt show up as they're not "real".

Very difficult, I found it awful when I was on here with a couple's profile with my ex

Internet dating studies don’t prove anything about dating in the real world. I’m not traditionally handsome or tall or ripped like a Greek god and I don’t treat women badly and I’ve somehow done alright."

That's called an exception to the rule. That doesn't mean what you experience is the exact same for everyone.

I can guarantee you didn't just walk in and they dropped their knickers. You had to use some semblance of a personality and humour. If you aren't model hot that doesn't work on dating sites. As I've stated in other forums. Men make all the effort, women just sit back and pick and choose.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I’m in no way part of the top 5% of men and somehow managed to marry an amazing woman. I’ve also never struggled to meet women and I like to think I’m one of the good guys. Either I’m the exception to the rule or his studies are complete bollocks."

Don't poke the misogynist!

Morden/Faversham

Internet dating studies don’t prove anything about dating in the real world. I’m not traditionally handsome or tall or ripped like a Greek god and I don’t treat women badly and I’ve somehow done alright."

What is your secret?

Don't poke the misogynist! "

Can someone genuinely explain to me why it's perfectly acceptable for women to bash men at every given opportunity and its praised. And yet when a man asserts himself and implies that women should be held accountable for the exact same actions or worse they are labeled as a mysoginist.

Really. Justify it.

Internet dating studies don’t prove anything about dating in the real world. I’m not traditionally handsome or tall or ripped like a Greek god and I don’t treat women badly and I’ve somehow done alright.

What is your secret?"

Probably has money. Its either looks or resources women go for. That's hegemony for you.

What is your secret?"

Cake.

What is your secret?

Probably has money. Its either looks or resources women go for. That's hegemony for you."

Money? I was in crippling debt when I met my wife.

What is your secret?

Cake."

Is said cake perhaps underneath a box propped up with a stick and a string tied to it?

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Can someone genuinely explain to me why it's perfectly acceptable for women to bash men at every given opportunity and its praised. And yet when a man asserts himself and implies that women should be held accountable for the exact same actions or worse they are labeled as a mysoginist.

Really. Justify it."

Nope. Your words are all the justification needed.

I'm not a man hater, neither do I join in on the plethora of man baiting threads on fab.

I just felt such outrage at your vitriol towards women, couched though it was in pseudo intellectual babble.

I too feel sorry for your son, if he's grown up with your views on women.

What is your secret?

Probably has money. Its either looks or resources women go for. That's hegemony for you.

Money? I was in crippling debt when I met my wife. "

Again you're in a teeny tiny minority of men. As a general rule this doesn't happen. Refer back to my divorce statistics. Men will more often than not stick by thier wife if they lose thier job. Women on the other hand will plan an exit strategy quicker tbmhan you can say divorce lawyer. And before anyone argues, look at my studies. This what women are telling lawyers.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

What is your secret?

Probably has money. Its either looks or resources women go for. That's hegemony for you."

But you've got an amazing woman, so was it your looks, charm or resources that attracted her? If you're honestly worried about your son, teach him to be a nice guy, who is interesting and interested and he'll be just fine! There's room for all of us somewhere - I'm certainly not in the "Top 5%", but seem to survive...

Really. Justify it.

Nope. Your words are all the justification needed.

I'm not a man hater, neither do I join in on the plethora of man baiting threads on fab.

I just felt such outrage at your vitriol towards women, couched though it was in pseudo intellectual babble.

I too feel sorry for your son, if he's grown up with your views on women. "

If you were outraged I can only assume you took it personally. The only reason I can think of for that is because you yourself are guilty of some of the claims I make.

Anyone with an ounce of rationality can tell what I say is based on what I read writteb by women and credited studies.

I don't have a problem with women. I do however expect people to be honest and take some accountability for their actions. If in your eyes that makes me a mysoginist then might I suggest a trip to an optician.

Again. It's funny isn't it. If I was a woman bashing men you'd all either join in or have you're own tuppence to chuck in. But the minute a man suggests some women might be doing something wrong or immoral then we hate women.

Absolutely pathetic last resort attempt to counter anything I said. Ad hominems are reserved for those that either can't argue the point and make a good argument or they are just to stupid to even try.

That's my final words on the matter.

What is your secret?

Money? I was in crippling debt when I met my wife.

Again you're in a teeny tiny minority of men. As a general rule this doesn't happen. Refer back to my divorce statistics. Men will more often than not stick by thier wife if they lose thier job. Women on the other hand will plan an exit strategy quicker tbmhan you can say divorce lawyer. And before anyone argues, look at my studies. This what women are telling lawyers."

I don’t need studies to tell me what I see in the real world. I think your attitude towards women and the way you talk about them is disgusting. If you really are married then I guess you don’t talk like this around the house.

It’s almost incel type behaviour blaming Chad’s for your lack of action. When in reality your attitude will be doing more harm to your chances than any alpha male types.

Morden/Faversham

What is your secret?

Cake."

Perhaps I should offer more cake! I'm a pretty good baker.

I have read these 'studies' that you evidenced to support maligning women. I will deal with each of them in turn and also quote what you used them as 'evidence' for.

1. "Tinder Experiments II: Guys, unless you are really hot you are probably better off not wasting your time on Tinder — a quantitative socio-economic study"

a) Not a study. Not a paper. Not anything at all really given that it's published on Medium (not a peer reviewed site that I'm aware) by someone called "worst-online-dater".

b) His "study" consisted of creating fake accounts on Tinder and "interviewing" women. He based men's attractiveness on Tinder likes.

You call this data and research and expect an apology from me? You insult my intelligence. You used this study to justify saying this "But research shows women keep going for the bad boys. %90 of women got for the same %5 of men. Those men are the best of the bunch and they know they are."

FAIL

2. American Sociological Association "Women More Likely than Men to Initiate Divorces, but not non-marital breakups"

a) This is a press release for a 2015 conference paper. A US conference. It was then published in a peer-reviewed journal in 2018. So I read that instead.

b) The author's conclusion is pretty blunt. It's only in marriage (and US marriages as this is a US paper) that women initiate more divorce. Why? "Women’s predominance in wanting divorce (among couples who

divorce) seems to have been consistent over time. The author uses a new longitudinal study of

relationships in the US, the How Couples Meet and Stay Together surveys, to examine the

gender of who wanted the breakup for both marital and nonmarital heterosexual relationships for the first time. The results show that only in marriages are the majority of breakups wanted by the

female partner. Men and women in nonmarital heterosexual relationships in the US are equally likely to want to break up. Furthermore, wives report lower relationship quality than husbands, while men and women in nonmarital relationships report more similar relationship quality." His conclusions are that it's always been the case AND that women primarily initiate divorce because they're unhappy with marriage.

You used a draft version of this paper to argue that women initiate divorce around 80% of the time. In fact the paper shows it's about 69%. And, so what? I could find several studies about WHY women are more unhappy in marriage than men. What does it prove about women other than that many of them are unhappy in their marriage?

3. The same goes for the ONS figures which you also quoted. "Precisely 62% of opposite-sex divorces in both 2018 and 2019 were petitioned by the wife." Still not 80%. And again what does it prove?

4. Women on anti-depressants. I am not going to even bother with the Daily Mail link. That's not a source for anything worthwhile. You also quoted a BMJ article with data from 2013 which found 11% of women took antidepressants compared with 5.5% of men. You evidenced this to support "women being alone and unhappy because of poor decision making". It isn't evidence for anything except that women take more antidepressants than men. One reason might be that women are much more likely to seek help and visit a doctor when they have a mental health problem.

5. "Was it Good for You? Gender Differences in Motives and Emotional Outcomes Following Casual Sex"

"Women reported significantly more regret, loneliness, unhappiness, rejection and negative feelings about one’s self in comparison to men following their most recent hookup experience."

You've cited this study to support that women are unhappier with hookups. So what?

You've said this about women in this thread. You've provided no evidence for any of these statements. I said that it seems like you hate women. I won't apologise for that as my opinion hasn't changed.

"the cruel, shallow generations of women we are encouraging"

"women really do have over inflated opinions of themselves"

"once they've had a few kids by a man they tell you is a waste of space...then they hit 40, get the tingles for Chad next door or down the road"

"research shows women keep going for the bad boys"

"It's like Patrice O Neal said. Ladies need to realise, if you didn't have a vagina, men wouldn't be interested in at least %80 of women. Because they've relied on thier looks and bodies for so long they haven't developed a personality."

Reading all of this makes me immensely sad. And angry that you're saying all of it to your son.

" Ah you're doing the old "whats your sources" rubbish. OK if you want toplay that game. I Hooe you've got some spare time to read. Give me a few minutes and I'll compile a nice list of reading for you. Then you can come back and apologise. "

My lengthy reply is in response to this comment. I will not be apologising.

Ayrshire

" Ah you're doing the old "whats your sources" rubbish. OK if you want toplay that game. I Hooe you've got some spare time to read. Give me a few minutes and I'll compile a nice list of reading for you. Then you can come back and apologise.

My lengthy reply is in response to this comment. I will not be apologising. "

That told him

" Ah you're doing the old "whats your sources" rubbish. OK if you want toplay that game. I Hooe you've got some spare time to read. Give me a few minutes and I'll compile a nice list of reading for you. Then you can come back and apologise.

That told him"

We shall see!

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

In

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

And nor should you! Kudos for bothering to read the "sources", though!

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

That told him

We shall see!"

Well said

By *ake-Me-FeelWoman  over a year ago

Sussex

Well done for going through that.

And very well said!

I read your profile and i'm sorry. your not for me

By *rive u crazyMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

People don't listen, everybody just talks and shouts. Here as everywhere else. Don't be surprised that your profile is ignored. Don't expect that someone does what you wrote

west suffolk

[Removed by poster at 19/04/22 16:46:13]

west suffolk

"I read your profile and i'm sorry. your not for me"

Don’t worry about that, you are not for us either

"I read your profile and i'm sorry. your not for me

Don’t worry about that, you are not for us either "

thats a win-win then

By *r FirecrackerMan  over a year ago

London / Reading

Do I sound bitter? Maybe. But I can promise you I'm not. I have an amazing woman. I really am genuinely concerned for my sons future and his mental health. Women of his generation if the way things are going are anything to go by, I'm genuinely concerned for his mental well being more than anything because of the cruel, shallow generations of women we are encouraging."

I hope you have the last laugh over Chad mate

And nor should you! Kudos for bothering to read the "sources", though!"

Thank you

That told him

We shall see!

Well said "

Thank you

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Bcoz us men no read two gud

Well done for going through that.

And very well said! "

Thank you

I hope you have the last laugh over Chad mate "

Do you agree with what he says about women?

By *handsMan  over a year ago

Warrington

I read the profiles for various reasons, age range, what they are looking for, hence why I haven’t and won’t message you, we are after different things.

Life on here for anyone isn’t easy, im a single male, been to socials, clubs and cam on chat. I will message once if I think there’s a chance as connection is the key for me, if they don’t reply that’s their choice and I wish them all the best on what they want.

Should I get the rare reply I would rather meet up for a drink in a public place to see if there is something there.

By *r FirecrackerMan  over a year ago

London / Reading

Do you agree with what he says about women? "

No, I’m taking the piss. Chad cut him real deep and now he hates women.

Do you agree with what he says about women?

No, I’m taking the piss. Chad cut him real deep and now he hates women. "

I couldn't interpret your comment Yes, it would seem that way

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's never going to change, they look at the pics and send a msg.

Even if they read the profile and see they're not compatible, they still "thought I'd take a chance" and msg.

west suffolk

The chancers don’t bother us, its the people who talk to me like I’m a piece of meat for their sexual gratification, eg “you can sit on my face” when if they had read the profile they would know that I play a voyeuristic role in a meet.

By *handsMan  over a year ago

Warrington

"It's never going to change, they look at the pics and send a msg.

Even if they read the profile and see they're not compatible, they still "thought I'd take a chance" and msg."

I maybe the exception then it seems ????, we are all here for something and I don’t see the point of messaging if we don’t match, why waste our time with something that has 0% chance of happening.

With me even if we match I would only put it as 5% chance as it takes two, and sure I know I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, I take no reply to a message as they aren’t interested, that’s their right and I respect that and won’t continue to message them.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"I have read these 'studies' that you evidenced to support maligning women. I will deal with each of them in turn and also quote what you used them as 'evidence' for.

1. "Tinder Experiments II: Guys, unless you are really hot you are probably better off not wasting your time on Tinder — a quantitative socio-economic study"

a) Not a study. Not a paper. Not anything at all really given that it's published on Medium (not a peer reviewed site that I'm aware) by someone called "worst-online-dater".

b) His "study" consisted of creating fake accounts on Tinder and "interviewing" women. He based men's attractiveness on Tinder likes.

You call this data and research and expect an apology from me? You insult my intelligence. You used this study to justify saying this "But research shows women keep going for the bad boys. %90 of women got for the same %5 of men. Those men are the best of the bunch and they know they are."

FAIL

2. American Sociological Association "Women More Likely than Men to Initiate Divorces, but not non-marital breakups"

a) This is a press release for a 2015 conference paper. A US conference. It was then published in a peer-reviewed journal in 2018. So I read that instead.

b) The author's conclusion is pretty blunt. It's only in marriage (and US marriages as this is a US paper) that women initiate more divorce. Why? "Women’s predominance in wanting divorce (among couples who

divorce) seems to have been consistent over time. The author uses a new longitudinal study of

relationships in the US, the How Couples Meet and Stay Together surveys, to examine the

gender of who wanted the breakup for both marital and nonmarital heterosexual relationships for the first time. The results show that only in marriages are the majority of breakups wanted by the

female partner. Men and women in nonmarital heterosexual relationships in the US are equally likely to want to break up. Furthermore, wives report lower relationship quality than husbands, while men and women in nonmarital relationships report more similar relationship quality." His conclusions are that it's always been the case AND that women primarily initiate divorce because they're unhappy with marriage.

You used a draft version of this paper to argue that women initiate divorce around 80% of the time. In fact the paper shows it's about 69%. And, so what? I could find several studies about WHY women are more unhappy in marriage than men. What does it prove about women other than that many of them are unhappy in their marriage?

3. The same goes for the ONS figures which you also quoted. "Precisely 62% of opposite-sex divorces in both 2018 and 2019 were petitioned by the wife." Still not 80%. And again what does it prove?

4. Women on anti-depressants. I am not going to even bother with the Daily Mail link. That's not a source for anything worthwhile. You also quoted a BMJ article with data from 2013 which found 11% of women took antidepressants compared with 5.5% of men. You evidenced this to support "women being alone and unhappy because of poor decision making". It isn't evidence for anything except that women take more antidepressants than men. One reason might be that women are much more likely to seek help and visit a doctor when they have a mental health problem.

5. "Was it Good for You? Gender Differences in Motives and Emotional Outcomes Following Casual Sex"

"Women reported significantly more regret, loneliness, unhappiness, rejection and negative feelings about one’s self in comparison to men following their most recent hookup experience."

You've cited this study to support that women are unhappier with hookups. So what?

You've said this about women in this thread. You've provided no evidence for any of these statements. I said that it seems like you hate women. I won't apologise for that as my opinion hasn't changed.

"once they've had a few kids by a man they tell you is a waste of space...then they hit 40, get the tingles for Chad next door or down the road"

"It's like Patrice O Neal said. Ladies need to realise, if you didn't have a vagina, men wouldn't be interested in at least %80 of women. Because they've relied on thier looks and bodies for so long they haven't developed a personality."

Reading all of this makes me immensely sad. And angry that you're saying all of it to your son. "

Well said the INCEL fumes coming off this "unverified after almost a year on Fab" guy are truly shocking. Maybe all the 420 has helped further scramble his brain.

The saddest part though as a newish father myself is seeing somebody potentially infect their child with this shit.

KJ

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Adding to the anti depressants part .. it's a commonly raised statistic men commit sui cide more than women. It is interesting to see men use anti depressants less.

On the divorces, the original claim was women instigate divorce more, usually with claims of infedility. Yet infidelity is equal. That says more about men accepting infidelity more than anything else.

"I have read these 'studies' that you evidenced to support maligning women. I will deal with each of them in turn and also quote what you used them as 'evidence' for.

FAIL

Reading all of this makes me immensely sad. And angry that you're saying all of it to your son.

Well said the INCEL fumes coming off this "unverified after almost a year on Fab" guy are truly shocking. Maybe all the 420 has helped further scramble his brain.

The saddest part though as a newish father myself is seeing somebody potentially infect their child with this shit.

KJ"

I think it's easy for young men to believe that line of thinking sadly. It's why I educate myself about it as I have sons.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

FAIL

Reading all of this makes me immensely sad. And angry that you're saying all of it to your son. "

You’ve articulated this better than I ever could - thank you

Can’t believe what I read on here sometimes honestly.

The antidepressant comments just make no sense.

So slightly more woman are on them, so what?

We’re obviously all taking them because we’re ‘unhappy and alone along with our poor decision making’

My husband died, I’m on antidepressants. Simple as

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

FAIL

We’re obviously all taking them because we’re ‘unhappy and alone along with our poor decision making’

My husband died, I’m on antidepressants. Simple as"

That's really sad. I'm so sorry to hear that xx

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

FAIL

Exactly, we dont take them for shits and giggles...

Traumatic birth of my second child and emotional abuse for years.... I was on and still occasionally have to take anti depressants....

Love to you kib xx

Ayrshire

For the love of god...snip the quote people

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

FAIL

My husband died, I’m on antidepressants. Simple as

Exactly, we dont take them for shits and giggles...

Traumatic birth of my second child and emotional abuse for years.... I was on and still occasionally have to take anti depressants....

Love to you kib xx "

Exactly lovely. Love right back to you gorgeous xx

"

Thank you KiB. I don't think anyone should have to justify why they're on antidepressants. Women or men. I've been on them more than once. I've had counselling more than once. Sometimes we feel unhappy and alone and need some help. I'd rather the rate of taking them was equal between sexes because that might mean the incidence of male suicide goes down.

I see that although I have done the work and read all of the sources - the person who demanded I apologise hasn't returned.

No way I'm reading all that !!!

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Just chill it's supposed to be fun just delete and forget about.

I agree it is supposed to be fun but it’s hardly fun for me getting abuse because I am not interested In sitting on some guys face while my bf sucks him off "

You get far more offers than us lol

west suffolk

I agree it is supposed to be fun but it’s hardly fun for me getting abuse because I am not interested In sitting on some guys face while my bf sucks him off

You get far more offers than us lol "

We get at least 10 messages a day

You get far more offers than us lol

We get at least 10 messages a day "

10 messages

"No way I'm reading all that !!!"

It's not compulsory...

"No way I'm reading all that !!!

It's not compulsory..."

I was having a joke!!!!!!

THE STICKS

wrong answer - I'm asking you about what YOU are thinking - not others - focus please

Perhaps you should FOCUS on my message, I didn’t say anything was easy…I asked “how hard is it for guys to read a profile correctly?”"

My apologies.

So why do you think it should be not-hard for guys to read your profile correctly?

"No way I'm reading all that !!!

It's not compulsory...

I was having a joke!!!!!!"

Ok!!!!!

west suffolk

Perhaps you should FOCUS on my message, I didn’t say anything was easy…I asked “how hard is it for guys to read a profile correctly?”

My apologies.

So why do you think it should be not-hard for guys to read your profile correctly?"

Well I assume they can read to be able to type a message out, so I can’t understand their logic in thinking I will do something that they are demanding when it is clearly written on our profile that we don’t do

THE STICKS

My apologies.

So why do you think it should be not-hard for guys to read your profile correctly?

Well I assume they can read to be able to type a message out, so I can’t understand their logic in thinking I will do something that they are demanding when it is clearly written on our profile that we don’t do"

and howe many times have you comprehesiveky re-written your profile and updated your filters to take account of this?

By *ames_willMan  over a year ago

caergwrle

I have to say though that young men haven’t don’t good for us but we can’t say all men are like that

THE STICKS

jesus - 3 pints and I've lost the ability to type

west suffolk

My apologies.

Well I assume they can read to be able to type a message out, so I can’t understand their logic in thinking I will do something that they are demanding when it is clearly written on our profile that we don’t do

and howe many times have you comprehesiveky re-written your profile and updated your filters to take account of this?"

Many times

THE STICKS

"

Many times "

In which case it's a problem that's beyond your control and the worst type of problem to be upset about for that very same reason

"I have to say though that young men haven’t don’t good for us but we can’t say all men are like that "

No. Of course not.

west suffolk

"

Many times

In which case it's a problem that's beyond your control and the worst type of problem to be upset about for that very same reason"

I wouldn’t say I’m upset it’s just very frustrating and damn right disrespectful

I read it, or at least till I get to the point where I don't fit the criteria. Typically I'm not Female or Bi and Im married, so that pretty much cuts out a huge swathe of this site.

west suffolk

"I read it, or at least till I get to the point where I don't fit the criteria. Typically I'm not Female or Bi and Im married, so that pretty much cuts out a huge swathe of this site."

The married isn’t an issue lol

» Add a new message to this topic