FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rejection message

Rejection message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eerise OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester and that's all you need to know

If someone doesn't appeal to me I send them this message below...what message do you send them?

"Thanks very much for taking the time to message me but unfortunately you don’t match what I’m looking for on this site.

Good luck with your search anyway happy swinging "

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I reply,

Sorry, no thanks. Good luck on the site x

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Just to get a message or two... I'll pm you both... :-

Well I think its decent of you to at least take the time to reply. X

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

usually,

'you have no verififications, no pictures and im going to need more than a "hello xx" to accept your friend request. Mind send ing me a face pic at all?'

Usually has them running for the hills

A nice reply saying your not intersted would be good. But seeing messages just deleted we think is a little rude..

Manners cost nothing...

"If someone doesn't appeal to me I send them this message below...what message do you send them?

"Thanks very much for taking the time to message me but unfortunately you don’t match what I’m looking for on this site.

Good luck with your search anyway

happy swinging "

"

Thunk I'll use this in future

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I always say "Thanks for the message and the joke. Sorry you're not my type. Happy swinging xxx" Never had a nasty reply back and only once or twice had a why back which I've ignored

We send " thanks for the mail but no thanks.have fun and good luck" we think its only manners to send a reply.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have stopped replying as it then leaves the door open for some unless I block at the same time. At least not replying means they get the 'stop think!' message when they send another message.

"A nice reply saying your not intersted would be good. But seeing messages just deleted we think is a little rude..

Manners cost nothing..."

Totally agree but I suppose women and couples do get inundated with messages. X

"If someone doesn't appeal to me I send them this message below...what message do you send them?

"

I don't reply and don't expect a reply.

A non reply tells me all I need to know.

I personally think that your message blurs the boundaries between polite and patronising, but have no doubt that many will disagree with me.

Replying to all messages is just another variable on fab for which there is no right and no wrong approach or method.

"A nice reply saying your not intersted would be good. But seeing messages just deleted we think is a little rude..

Manners cost nothing..."

As admin have said its not rude to reply just take it as a no thanks think I will stick with what I do after all why should I spend my time to reply to some people who havnt taken the time to read my profile. Oh and seeing as how my profile is hidden why should I reply to people who can't possibly know what I do or don't want

Thanks but your not what I am looking for.

I just don't reply lol

I'm the women men start all the threads about

"I just don't reply lol

I'm the women men start all the threads about "

And me

"I just don't reply lol

And me "

You're just Trouble (and with a capital 'T')

"I just don't reply lol

And me

You're just Trouble (and with a capital 'T') "

Moi , Bussy you know I'm an angel

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I personally think that your message blurs the boundaries between polite and patronising, but have no doubt that many will disagree with me.

Replying to all messages is just another variable on fab for which there is no right and no wrong approach or method."

I think its nice when you get a no thanks shows they value people "treat others how you'd like to be treated" and all that

As a single guy I understand why I don't get rejection messages as I'm sure people would spend all their time sending them out so I don't mind. But getting a rejection message shows that at least someone has taken the time to have a look at your profile and pic. I always send a "thanks for getting back and have fun" message when I get one

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I usually just reply with...

BOAKKK!!!

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I reply:

"This is not the meet you are looking for..."

By *AGNARXXVMan  over a year ago

ormskirk

The ones i hate say" Thanks for message but were not meeting at present" but still got it all over profile want to meet !! JUST SAY NO THANKS!! im a big boy i wont spit my dummy out for god sake

Replying to all messages is just another variable on fab for which there is no right and no wrong approach or method.

"

Which part of my message do you find patronising???

Which part of my message do you find patronising???"

pretty much all of it

if you are gonna reply at all, (i think) it's much better leaving it at 'no thanks'

basically what your message is saying is either :

a) i don't fancy you, or

b) there is something i don't fancy about you

c) there is something in your profile i find unattractive

so, why fluff it up ?

further, why leave it open to a reply

most people (and i am assuming we are talking about men here), won't leave a polite reply at that

it can only lead to messages asking 'why ?' or hoping to change your mind and i should imagine it then leads to blocks or awkward conversations or just general mithering and arm chancing.

the way the wording reads it's all nicey nicey without actually getting to the point which is you aren't interested

if i got that message i'd think the sender was worried about upsetting me or offending me because i couldn't take a knock back from them.

that i find patronising.

sorry, if i've gone on, but you did ask

Which part of my message do you find patronising???

pretty much all of it

if you are gonna reply at all, (i think) it's much better leaving it at 'no thanks'

basically what your message is saying is either :

a) i don't fancy you, or

b) there is something i don't fancy about you

c) there is something in your profile i find unattractive

so, why fluff it up ?

further, why leave it open to a reply

most people (and i am assuming we are talking about men here), won't leave a polite reply at that

it can only lead to messages asking 'why ?' or hoping to change your mind and i should imagine it then leads to blocks or awkward conversations or just general mithering and arm chancing.

the way the wording reads it's all nicey nicey without actually getting to the point which is you aren't interested

if i got that message i'd think the sender was worried about upsetting me or offending me because i couldn't take a knock back from them.

that i find patronising.

sorry, if i've gone on, but you did ask "

Thank you for your reply and as you may not have noticed everyone is different and have different ways of saying no thank you.

It seems you may have amnesia as you have said you never send a reply so your advise of sending a no thanks will not be taken on board.

Have a good morning

"

Thank you for your reply and as you may not have noticed everyone is different and have different ways of saying no thank you.

It seems you may have amnesia as you have said you never send a reply so your advise of sending a no thanks will not be taken on board.

Have a good morning "

That was what I said in my opening thread - that there is no right and no wrong.

If it works for you, then great, carry on, I was offering but one angle on how it may be perecived.

As for the comments on not relying, again I was offering by way of example an alternative, not a definate.

But your response to that was to play with my words - as people will do with yours !

I am not attempting to be contentious, merely honest in answering a direct question from yourself.

You will find in The Forums that, should you choose tp publish them, people will challenge your ideas and not take them as read. I'd get used to it.

Hope the remainder of your morning is great too

yumsville

you could just threaten them with a shovel in the knackers

On our couple profile....

We usually reply "READ our profile" to find why you are not suitable, had you done so you would not have bothered messaging.

[Removed by poster at 26/10/12 11:40:20]

"On our couple profile....

We usually reply "READ our profile" to find why you are not suitable, had you done so you would not have bothered messaging.

"

I used to write that, tee hee

"

My profile says I will block and delete if they haven't read it, if I bothered sending replies back to all those who didn't read it, I'd never do anything else - my block list has it's own server apparently

Bussy makes a very good point, but I write a similar message to the Op, especially when someone appears to have taken the time to read my profile.

Forum Mod

If its a message thats worth replying to I tailor what im saying to what they have sent me

I don't reply to everyone

Forum Mod

"

Do you find that replying in that way provokes a negative reaction back to you?

I usually just say "sorry not for me, have fun " but sometimes get snotty messages back you can't like everyone lol

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

If its someone who clearly hasn't read my profile and are miles out of my age range etc then they just get deleted along with the 'fancy a fuck' or 'hello' idiots who can't be bother to write a decent message.

But if its someone who's taken the time to send a message and not a cut n paste one then I will take the time to reply and if they are not what I'm looking for will say I'm not looking for new meets at the moment! I figure that way I'm to offending anyone by saying I'm just not interested!!

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Bussy makes a very good point, but I write a similar message to the Op, especially when someone appears to have taken the time to read my profile. "

We send a very similar 'no thanks' message to the OP too.

Had never considered that some may find it patronising till reading this thread.

"

"

Yeah I'm one of the many... of course your reaction is probably a good indication of why most of us can't even be arsed.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't

Here is my usual reply:

Thanks for the message. However I am not interested in whatever you may have to offer.

To prevent future contacts and wasting each others time and efforts, I shall block you.

And then I block.

"

Yeah I'm one of the many... of course your reaction is probably a good indication of why most of us can't even be arsed.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't"

"Here is my usual reply:

Thanks for the message. However I am not interested in whatever you may have to offer.

To prevent future contacts and wasting each others time and efforts, I shall block you.

And then I block.

"

I usually ignore the message and if they contact me again I block them.

By *wanzMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Personally - I'd rather recieve ANY form of acknowledgement - even if its a brief 'not for us'

When I get messaged by unsuitables/non-compatibles I think it only polite to reply with a quick line ...

"Bussy makes a very good point, but I write a similar message to the Op, especially when someone appears to have taken the time to read my profile.

Had never considered that some may find it patronising till reading this thread. "

Its not patronising in the slightest.

If people take it that way, who cares. You've been nothing but polite in taking the time to reply and if whoever receives it can't appreciate that and move on, then block them but you've done your bit.

You can't please everyone.

"Here is my usual reply:

And then I block.

"

I'm curious, why do you use the word 'whatever' in your message. That suggests you don't read them, you probably gets loads so I don't blame you but in which case, why bother replying?

"Bussy makes a very good point, but I write a similar message to the Op, especially when someone appears to have taken the time to read my profile.

Had never considered that some may find it patronising till reading this thread.

Its not patronising in the slightest.

If people take it that way, who cares. You've been nothing but polite in taking the time to reply and if whoever receives it can't appreciate that and move on, then block them but you've done your bit.

You can't please everyone."

yumsville

best i got was "not in a million years"

thought 'well thats a bit of forward planning'

lol

The main points have already been hit upon but I agree with the patronising or the lie about not meeting. Just because some guys handle rejection badly doesn't mean we all do.

As for suggesting a copy and paste reply. I find that kind of ironic considering people go on about guys sending copy and paste messages.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

It's a shame Fab can't add a "No thanks" link which would reply as the OP mentions. Minimal coding. Minimal effort to decline...

I also add a private note (think it's only for site supporters) to say I've indicated I'm not interested...it is funny when I get another message a few weeks later - I tend to reply "Sorry, still not interested!!!"...after the 3rd attempt, I'll block them

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I also add a private note (think it's only for site supporters) to say I've indicated I'm not interested...it is funny when I get another message a few weeks later - I tend to reply "Sorry, still not interested!!!"...after the 3rd attempt, I'll block them "

I use that too. It's great, cause I'd never, remember everyone I've replied to already otherwise

Glasgow

"It's a shame Fab can't add a "No thanks" link which would reply as the OP mentions. Minimal coding. Minimal effort to decline..."

I'd bet money if we had something like that... the threads moaning about getting deleted without reply, would just be replaced by threads moaning about getting deleted with just an autoreply

Glasgow

"It's a shame Fab can't add a "No thanks" link which would reply as the OP mentions. Minimal coding. Minimal effort to decline..."

I'd bet money if we had something like that... the threads moaning about getting deleted without reply, would just be replaced by threads moaning about getting deleted with just an autoreply

Manners cost nothing...

As admin have said its not rude to reply just take it as a no thanks think I will stick with what I do after all why should I spend my time to reply to some people who havnt taken the time to read my profile. Oh and seeing as how my profile is hidden why should I reply to people who can't possibly know what I do or don't want "

I say thanks for the message but not for me thanks, I usually block them then as some can get really arsey

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"I say thanks for the message but not for me thanks, I usually block them then as some can get really arsey "

Didn't think I was that bad

"It's a shame Fab can't add a "No thanks" link which would reply as the OP mentions. Minimal coding. Minimal effort to decline...

I'd bet money if we had something like that... the threads moaning about getting deleted without reply, would just be replaced by threads moaning about getting deleted with just an autoreply "

Exactly - an auto reply no thanks is the same as not replying at all

I disagree that not replying is rude - writing to someone who states what they want and you are something totally opposite and then complaining about not getting a reply is rude lol

I don't reply because I think that they can write to you again even if blocked if you have messaged them (I may be wrong) x

[Removed by poster at 26/10/12 15:42:32]

My message reads: Thanks but not for me, Happy Fabbing!

Sometimes they do respond saying thanks for the response or, what particular don't you like about me, once i made the mistake of going to a bit more detail then he became very rude so now

However I will only send a response to those that have read my profile- the others i just delete, what the point of messaging someone a million miles away?

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I think the OP's message is very polite, probably too polite for some of the messages I am sure she has received.

I dont mind being ignored, I suppose you get used to it on fab.

I do feel aggrieved though when i find myself blocked for saying something nice about a picture or a comment on a profile.

But hey there are alsorts on fab, so good luck and happy swinging Leerise.

By *oublewodkaWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 26/10/12 16:05:26]

By *oublewodkaWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Like a previous poster says....sometimes it leaves the door open to them x

I used to reply to all the messages but it takes up a lot of time and a lot of the messages I get are of the 'nice pics, fancy a fuck, variety and they always just get deleted.

If I like the look of a single guy I will reply saying that we're not looking for single guys at the moment but may well contact them in the future when we are but a lot of them persist to message every other day asking if we're looking for a guy yet - they end up getting blocked I'm afraid.

I think our profile is pretty specific about what we want and it is extremely rare for us to meet a single guy on his own but tbh I don't think anyone reads it

Maybe its too long lol

L xx

Some men send me messages saying

"If your interested please send me a line so we can make arrangement's to meet"

So I delete the message as I'm not interested then they send me a follow up message saying

"I've noticed that you have deleted my message"....

Do you find that replying in that way provokes a negative reaction back to you?"

No we don't. But then it gets sent to the "chancers", so I doubt they would be at all upset by it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

I used to type a tactful message. Now I just say no thanks x

"Here is my usual reply:

And then I block.

I'm curious, why do you use the word 'whatever' in your message. That suggests you don't read them, you probably gets loads so I don't blame you but in which case, why bother replying?

"

If I cite only one reason why I am not interested, he may come back and say he has this and that to offer instead.

Hence in the inclusion of the word "whatever", so as to leave no doubt I am not interested.

I seldom get messages as I am not searchable.

And I don't usually respond, just go straight to block if it is clear that the sender of the unsolicited message has not read any of my profile.

They are usually those who stroll in after the pubs have closed, or the house is quiet as the wife/partner is asleep, or mobile users.

Manners cost nothing..."

I agree totally there. A respectful thank you for looking at our profile but we don't want to pursue it further doesn't take much effort.

If they message after that again I do go for the block button though

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Thank you for your interest in our profile, but as we don't want to waste yours or our time, we feel it's better to tell you now that we don't think we'd be compatible xx

"

I wish everyone was as polite.

I send a similar message as the OP if I wish to reply. There are times I don't.

I do not intend it to be patronising, nor do I have a crystal ball to divine how it will be accepted.

I'm just polite and well mannered in all walks of life, how the recipient accepts/interprets the reply is up to them, I've done my bit.

It's rare that guys refuse the advances of a woman on here but I hold my hand up and say I have. If someone's not for me, I politely tell them I'd rather lay on my arm for an hour and then have a wank x no seriously just a sorry you're not for me. Have fun message is usually sent

"

Thankyou for your message and Best wishes in the future here on fab! Happy swinging. Regards S&B

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Some men send me messages saying

"If your interested please send me a line so we can make arrangement's to meet"

So I delete the message as I'm not interested then they send me a follow up message saying

"I've noticed that you have deleted my message".... "

I get that. Or 'so you're not interested then?' Erm, no?

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Replying to all messages is just another variable on fab for which there is no right and no wrong approach or method."

I agree bussy but the lady is new think after 6 months perhaps her message will be shortened to two words ..

I warn that cock pics/avatars will result in delete no reply .cant be bothered if they cant. But hey ho all to their own i guess,

"Personally - I'd rather recieve ANY form of acknowledgement - even if its a brief 'not for us'

When I get messaged by unsuitables/non-compatibles I think it only polite to reply with a quick line ..."

Agreed.

I reply in a similar vein to their message. I reply to most mails as 99% of the time I'm not searchable so only get a couple of unsolicited mails a week, so it's not a big issue.

I really can't understand why people don't just go looking for what they want rather than sit waiting for people to contact them... and then complaining about all the mail they get.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I tend to reply with a message saying that we are not looking for the same things and most of the time that is the end of it. Sometimes people come back and ask why not, sometimes I will reply to a second message but if it does not stop there I have learnt it is best not to encourage further communication so I stop. Personally I only block people when they have caused me upset so I do not have many on my block list.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Everywhere

"

Personally, I think that response is fine. I'm struggling to see how it can be interpreted as being 'patronising', in any way, whatsoever.

But, that's just me

» Add a new message to this topic