FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > religion and swinging

religion and swinging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uby In Stockings OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

surely the two cannot be compatible, I have heard of many christian fellowships even gay, but never a swinging one, how many in here are believers, personally I am agnostic.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It depends what you believe and the code you live by. Do unto others seems apt for swinging.

Anyhoo, I thought swinging had become the new religion.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can of worms...saying nothing...

Isn't an agnostic basically a fence sitter? I mean, aggies keep an open mind just in case they die and there IS an afterlife. Wouldn't wanna be caught out would you but surely, if there is a god, he'd have wised up to that one by now.

As for your question: Sure swinging and religion can be compatible, even mutually complimentary - for people who have faith yet don't let it cloud every decision they are ever faced with.

Many people I've met through swinging believe in God but were equally comfortable with multiple partner sex, and I've even asked some of them about how their faith allows them to swing and theirs answers were quite revealing in so much as they maintain that 'religion' is a man made creation designed to keep the masses in check, whereas belief in God is a divine and personal belief where religious control mechanisms play no part in why, when and how they believe. Seemed an adequate explanation to me.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

The church of the poisoned mind kicked me out for being too toxic...Satan's got a restraining order against me, the Wiccans said I don't have to be "sky clad" quite that much and I can't find a burkha in pink...running out of religions to try, any suggestions gratefully received

I think most of the people I have swung with have at least a little religious. Some have said 'Good God' and ran when they saw me. Others have screamed 'Oh God' as I have been fucking them

Cheadle

"Isn't an agnostic basically a fence sitter? I mean, aggies keep an open mind just in case they die and there IS an afterlife. Wouldn't wanna be caught out would you but surely, if there is a god, he'd have wised up to that one by now.

As for your question: Sure swinging and religion can be compatible, even mutually complimentary - for people who have faith yet don't let it cloud every decision they are ever faced with.

Many people I've met through swinging believe in God but were equally comfortable with multiple partner sex, and I've even asked some of them about how their faith allows them to swing and theirs answers were quite revealing in so much as they maintain that 'religion' is a man made creation designed to keep the masses in check, whereas belief in God is a divine and personal belief where religious control mechanisms play no part in why, when and how they believe. Seemed an adequate explanation to me. "

Like swingers, I think agnostics come in many shapes and sizes and beliefs, you can't label them all "fence sitters", my own stance, for what it's worth, is as a non believer in any deity, however if someone comes along with definitive proof then I may be open to persuasion, why would anyone be so close minded to say something is or is not???

"The church of the poisoned mind kicked me out for being too toxic...Satan's got a restraining order against me, the Wiccans said I don't have to be "sky clad" quite that much and I can't find a burkha in pink...running out of religions to try, any suggestions gratefully received"

Scientology? If you are happy to pay them your salary, they are happy to take anyone!

"The church of the poisoned mind kicked me out for being too toxic...Satan's got a restraining order against me, the Wiccans said I don't have to be "sky clad" quite that much and I can't find a burkha in pink...running out of religions to try, any suggestions gratefully received"

Judaism and celebrate Purim every day?

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I -think- I'm right in saying that there are no actual holy writings that forbid pre-marital sex or multiple partners as such. Even the 'thou shall not commit adultry' one is a bit dubious given it's hardly adultry if you're all involved and happy. The bans and prejudices on such things are entirely made later by the organisers of each faith and are not set out in their holy books at all or they are cultural rather than religious.

I see no issue myself. If you're comfortable with your relationship with your god/gods and not the version some more fanatical adherant bang on about then go for it.

I know a woman who was a vicar thro swinging, she used to and still does go to chams, she lost her job when it all came out as did her husband who worked for the church too

It was massive news and in all the papers, I found out she had been outed on the net can't remember what I was googling but I ended up on a link about a swinging vicar opened it and there her pic was

I think most wouldn't agree with what she was doing it wouldn't have been such big news otherwise but to be honest I just saw her as a swinging friend and a lovely lady so my response was why should it matter what she does in her private life, but to some people it does

Course they are compatible

I dunno bout you tho, but I've spent more time on me knees whilst swinging than I ever have whilst in church !

Cheadle

"Course they are compatible

I dunno bout you tho, but I've spent more time on me knees whilst swinging than I ever have whilst in church !"

hehehe, and I'll bet the immortal words "oh god, oh god, I'm coming" were heard more than once too???

"Like swingers, I think agnostics come in many shapes and sizes and beliefs, you can't label them all "fence sitters", my own stance, for what it's worth, is as a non believer in any deity, however if someone comes along with definitive proof then I may be open to persuasion, why would anyone be so close minded to say something is or is not???"

By definition, an agnostic neither believes not disbelieves in the existence of God, ergo, regardless of their shape or size, they are all sitting on the fence on the issue of religious belief. Whereas an atheist, like me, believes that there isn't a deity at all.

On this issue I think it very much is a case of one shoe fits all if one is to put a label upon oneself and say, "I am this."

Cheadle

"Like swingers, I think agnostics come in many shapes and sizes and beliefs, you can't label them all "fence sitters", my own stance, for what it's worth, is as a non believer in any deity, however if someone comes along with definitive proof then I may be open to persuasion, why would anyone be so close minded to say something is or is not???

By definition, an agnostic neither believes not disbelieves in the existence of God, ergo, regardless of their shape or size, they are all sitting on the fence on the issue of religious belief. Whereas an atheist, like me, believes that there isn't a deity at all.

On this issue I think it very much is a case of one shoe fits all if one is to put a label upon oneself and say, "I am this.""

If that is your definition then I am an atheist too.

The First Love Triangle, circa 2,500 years ago, about teatime:

Man (A) to village elder: I saw her first, she's mine!

Man (B) to village elder: But she loves me, she's mine!

Village Elder: Where is the girl's father, and what does he have to say about the matter?

Father: I am here. Man A has more camels than Man B.

Village Elder: Man B, what else do you have to offer?

Man B: My eternal love and respect is all I have to give.

Man A: I can chuck in a couple of donkeys.

Father: Done.

Girl: Waaaaaaaaah!

All: Shut the fuck up you.

Village Elder: Man A will get the girl and if Man B ever goes near her again she and he will be stoned to death. Let this union between the girl (and her father) and Man A be called 'Marriage' and let it be blessed by God and from henceforth no man other than the girl's own husband shall lay with her and beget children with her. Man A: Hand over the donkeys.

~ et voila! Marriage, adultery and God all wrapped nicely with little ribbons on it.

"Like swingers, I think agnostics come in many shapes and sizes and beliefs, you can't label them all "fence sitters", my own stance, for what it's worth, is as a non believer in any deity, however if someone comes along with definitive proof then I may be open to persuasion, why would anyone be so close minded to say something is or is not???

On this issue I think it very much is a case of one shoe fits all if one is to put a label upon oneself and say, "I am this."

If that is your definition then I am an atheist too."

That was Websters definition of it, not mine. It seems a tad foolish to call oneself something one is not so if one is to be taken at one's word then the definition of that word must be applied to it.

What are the commandments and rites for the Church of Swing?

Cheadle

"What are the commandments and rites for the Church of Swing?"

Thou shalt not create false profiles in others images

"What are the commandments and rites for the Church of Swing?"

One must turn the other cheek... and offer it to one's friend's husband if he wants it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

thou shalt not spill, unless directed to..

Thou shalt not bear false witness (I saw you take it up the arse last time so why not now?)

Cheadle

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife (unless her husband is there too)

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife (unless her husband is there too)"

I think you and Wishy will do a good job with this new Church.

May I have seamed stockings for my confirmation outfit, please?

Cheadle

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife (unless her husband is there too)

I think you and Wishy will do a good job with this new Church.

May I have seamed stockings for my confirmation outfit, please?"

lol, they are in the post hun, x of course you have just hit on the dress code for our "new religion" xxx

Religion is a funny funny thing. Amuses me how religious people hate people from all other religions. (usually)

Love one another.....

"Religion is a funny funny thing. Amuses me how religious people hate people from all other religions. (usually)

Love one another..... "

Hindus are very good at accepting other religions as it's just another god(s) and another prophet(s).

Cheadle

"Religion is a funny funny thing. Amuses me how religious people hate people from all other religions. (usually)

Love one another..... "

Those are my thoughts in a nutshell, I don't understand how they can all be right??, each one claiming theirs is the true path to whatever.

On the other hand, I do apologise to any I have upset that have firm beliefs, I respect your views and wish you happiness always, xxx

On this issue I think it very much is a case of one shoe fits all if one is to put a label upon oneself and say, "I am this.""

I am not entirely certain but I think agnostics accept the existence of something, but just think it is beyond human understanding.

Would a religion involving sex be more of a cult?

There are all kinds of people twisting religions to suit their belfiefs.

We all know what is right and wrong, we all know what is right for ourselves and as long as no-one gets hurt, that is as good a religion as I would like to get involved in.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Read the old testament... in particular the book of Genesis .... and then tell me that swinging and religion don't mix.

Cheadle

"Read the old testament... in particular the book of Genesis .... and then tell me that swinging and religion don't mix."

Isn't that more about incest???

I am not entirely certain but I think agnostics accept the existence of something, but just think it is beyond human understanding."

I know that Deism teaches about the creator of the universe and nature but not a specific God created Man concept

"Read the old testament... in particular the book of Genesis .... and then tell me that swinging and religion don't mix."

Where did Cain and Able find those wives? I never could find a good enough answer for that. I do love all the begatting in the Old Testament.

"Read the old testament... in particular the book of Genesis .... and then tell me that swinging and religion don't mix.

Where did Cain and Able find those wives? I never could find a good enough answer for that. I do love all the begatting in the Old Testament."

A better example would be the story of Noah, who only had one wife as you know, but he had three sons over 500 years (yeah right, like he could still get it up after 100) but if he only had one wife, who menopaused as 45ish then who did he have the sons that his first wife didn't give birth to?

His sons didn't have any children and there were only 8 humans on that big boat for 40 days. (Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives).

So, where did the rest of humanity come from then eh?

Someone's telling porkies here cos I reckon after 40 days on a boat with inadequate lighting (health and safety issue there but that's another story) someone must've put something somewhere naughty and covered up their tracks by telling well nobody really cos they were all drowned.

Some major major porkies going on definately.

"Read the old testament... in particular the book of Genesis .... and then tell me that swinging and religion don't mix.

Where did Cain and Able find those wives? I never could find a good enough answer for that. I do love all the begatting in the Old Testament.

A better example would be the story of Noah, who only had one wife as you know, but he had three sons over 500 years (yeah right, like he could still get it up after 100) but if he only had one wife, who menopaused as 45ish then who did he have the sons that his first wife didn't give birth to?

His sons didn't have any children and there were only 8 humans on that big boat for 40 days. (Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives).

Someone's telling porkies here cos I reckon after 40 days on a boat with inadequate lighting (health and safety issue there but that's another story) someone must've put something somewhere naughty and covered up their tracks by telling well nobody really cos they were all drowned.

Some major major porkies going on definately. "

I can't remember which comedian does a skit on Noah and his ark but he says it's the reason everything tastes like chicken.

There isn't anywhere in the story where they did the pigs though, is there? Apparently, they can orgasm for 30 minutes.

Cheadle

Wishy I think you have uncovered another revelation not often discussed by the believers, bestiality, how else can we share 99% of our dna with chimps??? sounds like an episode of the love boat to me, tatoo, the plane, the plane!!!!

"Wishy I think you have uncovered another revelation not often discussed by the believers, bestiality, how else can we share 99% of our dna with chimps??? sounds like an episode of the love boat to me, tatoo, the plane, the plane!!!! "

Fantasy Island

Cheadle

"Wishy I think you have uncovered another revelation not often discussed by the believers, bestiality, how else can we share 99% of our dna with chimps??? sounds like an episode of the love boat to me, tatoo, the plane, the plane!!!!

Fantasy Island"

doh!!!!! that's the one........

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"The church of the poisoned mind kicked me out for being too toxic...Satan's got a restraining order against me, the Wiccans said I don't have to be "sky clad" quite that much and I can't find a burkha in pink...running out of religions to try, any suggestions gratefully received

Judaism and celebrate Purim every day?"

Oi Vey! Having googled Purim (thought it was a dog food, but that was Purina...) I've decided to convert to Judaism - henceforth my new names are BlondeEsther, BlondeYakov and BlondeSchmuli - unfortunately Schmuli is still criminally insane, so do beware if it's in charge

Mazel tov

Thanks for the idea about Scientology Ben, but if I wanted someone to take my salary, I'd get married without a pre-nup

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Some major major porkies going on definately. "

No No No No..... that's not the best bit about Noah.

Noah got pissed one night and fell asleep with his bare arse hanging out of the tent. One of his sons walked passed and laughed ... so god punished him 'that he shall have no sons'. Later in the story This son of Noah got gang raped whilst d*unk by his own daughters who wanted daddy to have a son.

Another son, who was married to his own sister got her to shag a rich bloke in Egypt so he could blackmail him out of his goats.

It's a brilliant story.

» Add a new message to this topic