FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Snooker Loopy

Snooker Loopy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else excited about the world championships coming up? I’m a massive snooker fan and will be attending the Crucible for the first time next weekend. Also excited to see what else Sheffield has to offer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

No, the only snooker I've ever watched was big break and even that was mostly boring.

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"Anyone else excited about the world championships coming up? I’m a massive snooker fan and will be attending the Crucible for the first time next weekend. Also excited to see what else Sheffield has to offer "

Around the corner from the crucible is an adult crazy golf place called "Glory Holes"

Yes. Really.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Snooker loopy.

"Anyone else excited about the world championships coming up? I’m a massive snooker fan and will be attending the Crucible for the first time next weekend. Also excited to see what else Sheffield has to offer "

Think we'll see a new first time winner this year.

Kyren Wilson or one of the young Chinese lads

"Anyone else excited about the world championships coming up? I’m a massive snooker fan and will be attending the Crucible for the first time next weekend. Also excited to see what else Sheffield has to offer

Around the corner from the crucible is an adult crazy golf place called "Glory Holes"

Yes. Really."

"Anyone else excited about the world championships coming up? I’m a massive snooker fan and will be attending the Crucible for the first time next weekend. Also excited to see what else Sheffield has to offer

Kyren Wilson or one of the young Chinese lads"

Not sure Wilson has what it takes. I always go for Higgins, but he can’t seem to win a final at the moment!

Not sure Wilson has what it takes. I always go for Higgins, but he can’t seem to win a final at the moment!"

Higgins always decent there.

Anyone who beats Selby is OK with me

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

Yes. Really."

Really?

I'm so amused by that ...

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"No, the only snooker I've ever watched was big break and even that was mostly boring."

This. I do miss a bit of John Virgo though.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

Oh christ I'm going to have that awful song stuck in my head all day now

"No, the only snooker I've ever watched was big break and even that was mostly boring.

This. I do miss a bit of John Virgo though. "

Hopefully he’ll be back on the commentary

"Oh christ I'm going to have that awful song stuck in my head all day now "

I apologise, it’s an annoying song

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

"Oh christ I'm going to have that awful song stuck in my head all day now

I apologise, it’s an annoying song "

Isn't it just!! I'm glad that era of awful sports songs has dried up now, Gazza doing fog on the Tyne or that awful Manchester United "come on you reds" one from the 90's *thread drift*

By *lappyMan  over a year ago

Manchester

can’t wait for it and think it will be a great event obviously everyone will be looking at Shelby to win it but think Robertson myself although there’s a fair shout for Wilson and the Chinese players and think a couple of break out new superstars could raise to the fore this year.

I attended for the first time a couple of years ago ( managed to get a money can’t buy VIP tour onto the arena floor and sat in the players chair etc ) and half the door open for John Virgo but he didn’t look in the best of shape and is now walking stooped over which is an awful shame

can’t knock the commentary team but for me and fir punditry / insight the best around is Stephen hendry

"can’t wait for it and think it will be a great event obviously everyone will be looking at Shelby to win it but think Robertson myself although there’s a fair shout for Wilson and the Chinese players and think a couple of break out new superstars could raise to the fore this year.

I attended for the first time a couple of years ago ( managed to get a money can’t buy VIP tour onto the arena floor and sat in the players chair etc ) and half the door open for John Virgo but he didn’t look in the best of shape and is now walking stooped over which is an awful shame

can’t knock the commentary team but for me and fir punditry / insight the best around is Stephen hendry "

He dry has definitely grown into the commentary/ punditry role over the last few years. He was quite stilted in the beginning.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Not a snooker fan but I really enjoy a game of pool.

I hope you have a great time at the crucible...I can your excitement. I know how I get when I'm doing something I really enjoy

Manchester

"can’t wait for it and think it will be a great event obviously everyone will be looking at Shelby to win it but think Robertson myself although there’s a fair shout for Wilson and the Chinese players and think a couple of break out new superstars could raise to the fore this year.

can’t knock the commentary team but for me and fir punditry / insight the best around is Stephen hendry

He dry has definitely grown into the commentary/ punditry role over the last few years. He was quite stilted in the beginning. "

saw him chilling out in the green room behind the scenes as part of the tour and was torn weather to get him to autograph my programme for me but I left it in the end as he was on a break and gutted even to this day that I didn’t ask

"Not a snooker fan but I really enjoy a game of pool.

I hope you have a great time at the crucible...I can your excitement. I know how I get when I'm doing something I really enjoy "

Thanks I’m a huge fan and this has been on my wish list for a very long time

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

Not bothered about the snooker but Dennis Taylor lives in the village - that is my claim to fame the end

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Not a snooker fan but I really enjoy a game of pool.

I hope you have a great time at the crucible...I can your excitement. I know how I get when I'm doing something I really enjoy

Thanks I’m a huge fan and this has been on my wish list for a very long time "

Glad you are getting to finally so it x

"Not bothered about the snooker but Dennis Taylor lives in the village - that is my claim to fame the end "

Is he as tiny as he looks?

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

"Not bothered about the snooker but Dennis Taylor lives in the village - that is my claim to fame the end

Is he as tiny as he looks?"

Yes his youngest son was in school with my daughter. He’s a lovely lovely chap! Loved the double denim look bless him

Not an avid fan but have watched on occasion

Esp the black ball final and when Ken Doherty won

Yes looking forward to it. Going to the semi finals and staying in a hotel in Sheffield so I wonder what mischief I could find

"Yes looking forward to it. Going to the semi finals and staying in a hotel in Sheffield so I wonder what mischief I could find"

Enjoy

By *el111Man  over a year ago

Essex/London

Yes excited.. Big snooker fan. Hope its exciting this year

By *uiteniceguyMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

I never made it to the crucible. ( Even though I lived in Sheffield for 2 years,). However made it to Alexandra Palace for the masters a couple of times great stuff. Enjoy sheffield

By *licecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Hatfield

Higgins the cheating taking money to throw games caught bang to rights should have been banned forever like Stephen Lee and Quinten Han and McGuire is not whiter than white at the time insufficient evidence to prosecute him for match fixing but he was at it for sure

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I find it very relaxing in the evening. I only watch the world championship though.

Not sure Wilson has what it takes. I always go for Higgins, but he can’t seem to win a final at the moment!

Higgins always decent there.

Anyone who beats Selby is OK with me"

Hang my head in shame about my Selby comment and kudos for him for standing up about mental health issues.

In other news, incredible to see the 147 as it happened.

Ronnie looking dangerous as usual, Williams playing great, Judd Trump could be peaking at the right time

My other half is mad about snooker. He’s been playing since he was a young lad.

So when he’s home from work, he has the snooker on.

It’s heaven for me having it on over the 16 days, and loved my first visit to the Crucible last weekend. I couldn’t take my eyes off the two matches last night

Manchester

great matches with a few shocks along the way ( Shelby and Robertson getting knocked out ) can’t see anyone but Ronnie winning although my heart is cheering on judd but for me the best moment if the snooker so far was when the pigeon flew in and landed on the table

"It’s heaven for me having it on over the 16 days, and loved my first visit to the Crucible last weekend. I couldn’t take my eyes off the two matches last night "

Crucible is one of the bucket list tickets I still need

"It’s heaven for me having it on over the 16 days, and loved my first visit to the Crucible last weekend. I couldn’t take my eyes off the two matches last night "

I have to ask though.....

How much practice time does the crowd have to get the cheering right at the start of the session?

"great matches with a few shocks along the way ( Shelby and Robertson getting knocked out ) can’t see anyone but Ronnie winning although my heart is cheering on judd but for me the best moment if the snooker so far was when the pigeon flew in and landed on the table "

The pigeon incident was hilarious!

"It’s heaven for me having it on over the 16 days, and loved my first visit to the Crucible last weekend. I couldn’t take my eyes off the two matches last night

How much practice time does the crowd have to get the cheering right at the start of the session?"

Think the tickets for next year go on sale 1st May. Haha, not much. Rob Walker does a bit of chat and then one warm up before session starts!

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

I've been watching a fair bit of it, was really pleased that Lisowski won last night!

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Robertsons 147 was the first live one I managed to see. Great matches so far. Hope Maguire can give O'Sullivan more of a game later.

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

Trump needs to improve if he wants to continue he just ain't firing on all cylinders at mo.....

"It’s heaven for me having it on over the 16 days, and loved my first visit to the Crucible last weekend. I couldn’t take my eyes off the two matches last night

How much practice time does the crowd have to get the cheering right at the start of the session?

Think the tickets for next year go on sale 1st May. Haha, not much. Rob Walker does a bit of chat and then one warm up before session starts!"

Already had a look for next year's tickets

Hopefully another great day of snooker!

Ronnie is looking scarily good and peaking

Higgins or O Sullivan to win outright

By *yron69Man  over a year ago