FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > OSCARS drama.

OSCARS drama.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/03/22 03:45:26]

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

Seriously did Will Smith just go up and punch Chris Rock in the face live on Telly and men sitting in his chair screaming obscenities?

That was very surreal and very odd to watch.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very surreal I know at first it looked like it was for a bit now I’m not so sure.

"Very surreal I know at first it looked like it was for a bit now I’m not so sure."

Thats what I thought like at first but the language and the aggression on Will Smith when he went and sat back down suggests it wasn't a set up.

Not shour if it was set up or not

But it definitely connected

"Not shour if it was set up or not

But it definitely connected "

Absolutely wasn't set up because it was taken off air for a couple of minutes and the BBC reporters have said they heard the exchange and that was not a set up. Smith has just won best Actor and has basically bawled his eyes out and apologised for what's just happened it's actually quite emotional.

Best Google search

Absolutely wasn't set up because it was taken off air for a couple of minutes and the BBC reporters have said they heard the exchange and that was not a set up. Smith has just won best Actor and has basically bawled his eyes out and apologised for what's just happened it's actually quite emotional. "

Bit surprised if I’m bring honest I mean he did basically assault the host about half an hour ago.

Don't think its a set up now either looks genuine.

"Seriously did Will Smith just go up and punch Chris Rock in the face live on Telly and men sitting in his chair screaming obscenities?

That was very surreal and very odd to watch. "

Absolutely wasn't set up because it was taken off air for a couple of minutes and the BBC reporters have said they heard the exchange and that was not a set up. Smith has just won best Actor and has basically bawled his eyes out and apologised for what's just happened it's actually quite emotional.

Bit surprised if I’m bring honest I mean he did basically assault the host about half an hour ago.

Don't think its a set up now either looks genuine."

That was not a set up in the slightest and im actually a bit conflicted. His speech seemed genuine but his actions were shocking. Yes Chris Rock made a dig at his wife however it did not warrant that kind of response at all.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Why wasn't Harry Hill compèring this?

"Why wasn't Harry Hill compèring this? "

It wasn't so much as a fight as an attack.

A comedian made a joke I don't like about my wife, guess I'll just go slap him

Crazy! If any of us did that we would be jailed

"A comedian made a joke I don't like about my wife, guess I'll just go slap him

Crazy! If any of us did that we would be jailed "

I watched it live, Will Smith didn't look like someone that had just lost his temper it looked quite cool and collected a men he went back to his seat after attacking the Chris Rock and started screaming at him. Then a load of actors seemed to come over to comfort Will Smith. Then he cried giving his acceptance speech and everyone seemed to accept it and gave him a standing ovation but I think that what I saw was absolutely outrageous. You are right if I hit someone in my work place or at a work event because let's be honest that's basically what this was id be out immediately.

Boris Johnson ?

"Boris Johnson ? "

Huh?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand it's quite chivalrous defending his wife.

On the other it's wrong.

But it's all about her hair and she's recently suffered from alopecia and just before Smith got up look at her face when Rock cracks the joke she was clearly upset.

But yeah it's not on to attack someone.

Absolutely wasn't set up because it was taken off air for a couple of minutes and the BBC reporters have said they heard the exchange and that was not a set up. Smith has just won best Actor and has basically bawled his eyes out and apologised for what's just happened it's actually quite emotional. "

I only seen a snippet on YouTube after seeming your post so couldn’t say

But reading though the comments some were conflicted that it was that’s why I sed it

"I'm conflicted about this.

On one hand it's quite chivalrous defending his wife.

On the other it's wrong.

But it's all about her hair and she's recently suffered from alopecia and just before Smith got up look at her face when Rock cracks the joke she was clearly upset.

But yeah it's not on to attack someone.

"

There is nothing chivalrous About attacking someone who is not a physical threat to you or anybody else in that moment.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

Wow..what a moment.

New rule for next years Oscars..dont joke about anything.

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

Chris Rock took it on the chin...

Surely that wasn’t a nice joke but he called her J.I Jane not like “whore” or something

Maybe the joke by the host was distasteful but punching somebody in the face is definitely wrong.

I wonder if there will be consequences for Will , for physically attacking another person .

I do like Will Smith but out of the two, he was in the wrong. As much as it was “nice” of him to defend his wife

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

I would have been arrested if I did that

Chris Rock makes a joke about Will Smith's wife's hair loss.

Will Smith is seen laughing at the joke until he sees the glare from his Mrs.

Will Smith gets up and slaps Chris Rock because his Mrs didn't find the joke funny.

The biggest crime of the night though was in the reporting of the incident, reporters still referring to Jada Pinkett-Smith as an "actress"...

Also when I first read something on social media, I thought he punched THE ROCK.

The huge tall guy

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

That was not a set up in the slightest and im actually a bit conflicted. His speech seemed genuine but his actions were shocking. Yes Chris Rock made a dig at his wife however it did not warrant that kind of response at all. "

No. He lost his shit as we all have done and he needs to make amends for that. Chris Rock knew better and should not have made that belittling supposed Joke about someone's medical Journey.

"Chris Rock makes a joke about Will Smith's wife's hair loss.

Will Smith is seen laughing at the joke until he sees the glare from his Mrs.

Will Smith gets up and slaps Chris Rock because his Mrs didn't find the joke funny.

The biggest crime of the night though was in the reporting of the incident, reporters still referring to Jada Pinkett-Smith as an "actress"..."

That was exactly my thoughts because I was watching it live and he seemed to laugh although her face looked like thunder and then he just calmly got up strolled over to the stage and hit him, sat back down and started screaming and swearing at Chris Rock and I have to say I think Chris Rock deserves recognition for staying as calm and composed as he did.

Chris took it well

That was not a set up in the slightest and im actually a bit conflicted. His speech seemed genuine but his actions were shocking. Yes Chris Rock made a dig at his wife however it did not warrant that kind of response at all.

No. He lost his shit as we all have done and he needs to make amends for that. Chris Rock knew better and should not have made that belittling supposed Joke about someone's medical Journey."

I'm going to disagree with you. He didn't lose his shit he laughed at the joke and it was only when Jada said she wasn't happy, then he calmly got up strolled over to the stage and hit him. He didn't make a joke about her medical journey, He made a joke that she looked like GI Jane. It may have been distasteful but it's certainly wasn't as bad as some of the other jokes that were made during the show last night.

Wow and that guy played Ali tut tut tut

In a Sparkly Dress

No. He lost his shit as we all have done and he needs to make amends for that. Chris Rock knew better and should not have made that belittling supposed Joke about someone's medical Journey.

I'm going to disagree with you. He didn't lose his shit he laughed at the joke and it was only when Jada said she wasn't happy, then he calmly got up strolled over to the stage and hit him. He didn't make a joke about her medical journey, He made a joke that she looked like GI Jane. It may have been distasteful but it's certainly wasn't as bad as some of the other jokes that were made during the show last night. "

Happy to agree to disagree

I dont think it was setup whatsoever.

Violence isnt right but we're all triggered by different things, was it right to do? To many no, but for wil in that split second it was.

It was Disrespectful im not sure how id react in that situation, he could have punched him but to me it seemed a mild 'your out of order' slap

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

He was great in King Richard,best film I’ve seen in ages

henley on thames

No. He lost his shit as we all have done and he needs to make amends for that. Chris Rock knew better and should not have made that belittling supposed Joke about someone's medical Journey."

“As we all have done”? No, I haven’t just landed someone like that.

"I dont think it was setup whatsoever.

Violence isnt right but we're all triggered by different things, was it right to do? To many no, but for wil in that split second it was.

It was Disrespectful im not sure how id react in that situation, he could have punched him but to me it seemed a mild 'your out of order' slap "

agreed more a warning shot

henley on thames

It was Disrespectful im not sure how id react in that situation, he could have punched him but to me it seemed a mild 'your out of order' slap "

It wasn’t a split second though, that’s what makes it worse.

It was Disrespectful im not sure how id react in that situation, he could have punched him but to me it seemed a mild 'your out of order' slap agreed more a warning shot "

If anyone else sat in an audience got up on stage and attacked the person on stage they would have been booted out immediately. He then sat there shouting obscenities and disrupting the whole evening and has managed to take away from everyone else his achievements because his behaviour is all anyone is talking about. Totally unacceptable because this was streamed live into millions of homes and in loads of countries it was prime time. Some news outlets are reporting that no television audiences heard the language used but I was watching it and I heard everything and it was shocking.

So strange how he was seen laugh at the joke tho, then he saw her visibly upset and he went to

Slap/punch him.

Like, also assaulting someone and calling it love and protection gives off so much toxic masculinity and red flags

Not justified in my mind, he could have said something there and then, or maybe something during his speech at how distasteful and hurting his comment was to his wife. Instead he went for the wrong way and got sort of standing ovation for it. What’s new?

If you are rich and famous you can get away with it

End of his career. Hope Jada is ok.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Crazy! If any of us did that we would be jailed "

Lots of people assault others and don't go to jail.

"End of his career. Hope Jada is ok. "

Why wouldn't she be OK? Personally I hope Chris Rock is OK.

"End of his career. Hope Jada is ok.

Why wouldn't she be OK? Personally I hope Chris Rock is OK. "

Chris rocks knob. Its not the first time hes upset, be made a joke out of a bloke with cancer some years back ive never liked him since then.

Chris rocks knob. Its not the first time hes upset, be made a joke out of a bloke with cancer some years back ive never liked him since then. "

Comedians make inappropriate jokes all the time they do not deserve to be assaulted. Also the only thing he said is we look forward to seeing you in the next GI Jane movie, What's so bad about that? Demi moore looked amazing in that film so why is everyone assuming it was a insult.

If any good comes out of this .hopefully it brings some sort of awareness of hair loss.

Chris rocks knob. Its not the first time hes upset, be made a joke out of a bloke with cancer some years back ive never liked him since then. "

I didn't know that. I did wonder if someone would make a joke if she'd lost her hair due to chemo.

"If any good comes out of this .hopefully it brings some sort of awareness of hair loss. "

For men too, not just women.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Chris Rock was bang out of order! You do not do that! She has a medical condition. He should never be allowed to present again. Absolute idiot.

This is perfect forum fodder. Tom couldn't have scripted it better.

Unless....

Tom?

I actually cannot believe that people but seem to think this is OK. Can any of you actually tell me what was offensive about the joke? You are all assuming he ment it as an insult. He did not take the piss or even mention her alopecia or her hair. As mentioned above He simply said "Jada looking forward to seeing you in GI Jane 2. Now tell me how that warranted someone who initially laughed at the joke as Will Smith did too then stand up walk onto a stage and physically assault someone.

[Removed by poster at 28/03/22 07:40:36]

"This is perfect forum fodder. Tom couldn't have scripted it better.

Unless....

Tom?"

What on Earth are you talking about?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Does that mean it is ok to physically assault him? #hewasaskingforit

On very rare occasions it’s ok to wallop someone. It’s never ever ok to go after a medical condition or perceived disability. If Chris Rock wanted to have a pop he should have mentioned the Nu Metal revival because wicked wisdom were lamentable.

"On very rare occasions it’s ok to wallop someone. It’s never ever ok to go after a medical condition or perceived disability. If Chris Rock wanted to have a pop he should have mentioned the Nu Metal revival because wicked wisdom were lamentable."

He didn't go after her because of her condition you have decided that he did. You and others have added intent when none was necessarily meant. Her medical condition was not mentioned once, whatt exactly is wrong with comparing her to an iconic and beautiful character?

henley on thames

Lots of people assault others and don't go to jail. "

True. But not when it is in film and there are millions of witnesses!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Will Smith has had constant jibes at him about being a cuck since “that” interview by his wife.

In his mind I suspect he was trying to claw some respect back.

A very idiotic thing to do. Chris Rocks joke was also tone deaf.

Paradise, Herts

"On very rare occasions it’s ok to wallop someone. It’s never ever ok to go after a medical condition or perceived disability. If Chris Rock wanted to have a pop he should have mentioned the Nu Metal revival because wicked wisdom were lamentable.

He didn't go after her because of her condition you have decided that he did. You and others have added intent when none was necessarily meant. Her medical condition was not mentioned once, whatt exactly is wrong with comparing her to an iconic and beautiful character? "

Oh come on Lorna!! You think that comment was nothing to do with the fact her head is shaved?!!

henley on thames

"Chris Rock was bang out of order! You do not do that! She has a medical condition. He should never be allowed to present again. Absolute idiot. "

Do you want to cancel the thug who hit him as well?

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

True. But not when it is in film and there are millions of witnesses! "

Footballers? Rugby players? F1 drivers?

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

If it were the cameraman that punched him or a passer by, or me or you then we’d still be locked up now waiting to stand in front of a judge.

henley on thames

"On very rare occasions it’s ok to wallop someone. It’s never ever ok to go after a medical condition or perceived disability. If Chris Rock wanted to have a pop he should have mentioned the Nu Metal revival because wicked wisdom were lamentable."

So you condone this assault?

Paradise, Herts

"Chris Rock was bang out of order! You do not do that! She has a medical condition. He should never be allowed to present again. Absolute idiot.

Do you want to cancel the thug who hit him as well? "

?? I don’t believe I condoned that anywhere.

"On very rare occasions it’s ok to wallop someone. It’s never ever ok to go after a medical condition or perceived disability. If Chris Rock wanted to have a pop he should have mentioned the Nu Metal revival because wicked wisdom were lamentable.

He didn't go after her because of her condition you have decided that he did. You and others have added intent when none was necessarily meant. Her medical condition was not mentioned once, whatt exactly is wrong with comparing her to an iconic and beautiful character?

Oh come on Lorna!! You think that comment was nothing to do with the fact her head is shaved?!! "

For all we know it could well have been. People are claiming he was out order for going after her because of a medical condition when in fact he actually didn't mention that it is everyone else that has assumed that's what he meant it does not warrant a physical and verbal attack.

Bad boys 4 was a bit shit.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Considering how much people jump on people when it comes to anything body shaming I am surprised that Chris Rock went there at all.

Maybe Smith laughed initially coz it didn't sink in straight away, perhaps there's beef we don't know about?

I wonder if he will lose his Oscar because of it?

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I've just read about it. Totally unreasonable response. Chris Rock was an asshole to make the joke he did but that's not how you respond.

They were both in the wrong.

Chris Rock made a joke referring to her losing her hair, which is really nasty and cruel.

Will Smith punched him.

Both in the wrong.

"Considering how much people jump on people when it comes to anything body shaming I am surprised that Chris Rock went there at all.

Maybe Smith laughed initially coz it didn't sink in straight away, perhaps there's beef we don't know about?

"

Can you explain to me how he shamed please because I've asked this question and no one yet has answered it.

Paradise, Herts

Oh come on Lorna!! You think that comment was nothing to do with the fact her head is shaved?!!

For all we know it could well have been. People are claiming he was out order for going after her because of a medical condition when in fact he actually didn't mention that it is everyone else that has assumed that's what he meant it does not warrant a physical and verbal attack."

I can’t believe you’re saying that. What other reason would he say that?

Paradise, Herts

"Considering how much people jump on people when it comes to anything body shaming I am surprised that Chris Rock went there at all.

Can you explain to me how he shamed please because I've asked this question and no one yet has answered it."

I’ll answer it. She suffers from alopecia. She has a shaved head. He called her GI Jane.

For all we know it could well have been. People are claiming he was out order for going after her because of a medical condition when in fact he actually didn't mention that it is everyone else that has assumed that's what he meant it does not warrant a physical and verbal attack.

I can’t believe you’re saying that. What other reason would he say that?"

Tell me what he said because I heard it live.

henley on thames

True. But not when it is in film and there are millions of witnesses!

Footballers? Rugby players? F1 drivers?"

… eh, I didn’t realise that presenting an awards show was considered a contact sport!

And yes, there are many cases where football and rugby players have been jailed for assault in the pitch.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"Seriously did Will Smith just go up and punch Chris Rock in the face live on Telly and men sitting in his chair screaming obscenities?

That was very surreal and very odd to watch. "

Yet again a Hollywood man got away with something and they all cheered him on. They have learned nothing during their virtue signalling campaigns. They all rushed to console Smith and left the victim alone.

C

Paradise, Herts

I can’t believe you’re saying that. What other reason would he say that?

Tell me what he said because I heard it live. "

See above

In a way, this is a lot like scissoring.

Can you explain to me how he shamed please because I've asked this question and no one yet has answered it.

I’ll answer it. She suffers from alopecia. She has a shaved head. He called her GI Jane. "

He didn't call her GI Jane actually. You are assuming that comparing a woman with a shaved head to another woman with a shaved head is am insult. Why?

henley on thames

"Chris Rock was bang out of order! You do not do that! She has a medical condition. He should never be allowed to present again. Absolute idiot.

?? I don’t believe I condoned that anywhere. "

I just have misunderstood. So you condemn the assault?

Paradise, Herts

?? I don’t believe I condoned that anywhere.

I just have misunderstood. So you condemn the assault? "

Of course I do

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

"In a way, this is a lot like scissoring."

Rock, paper, scissors?

"In a way, this is a lot like scissoring.

Rock, paper, scissors? "

One cunt slapping another.

Paradise, Herts

I’ll answer it. She suffers from alopecia. She has a shaved head. He called her GI Jane.

He didn't call her GI Jane actually. You are assuming that comparing a woman with a shaved head to another woman with a shaved head is am insult. Why? "

Seriously!

He didn't call her GI Jane actually. You are assuming that comparing a woman with a shaved head to another woman with a shaved head is am insult. Why?

Seriously!"

Yes seriously?

Chris rock and will smith have beef going back years. The former comedian knew what he was saying as did the former rapper. The reason you see him smiling and laughing at first is because the audience were supposed to laugh at that point and as a professional he found himself without an option at that point… so he fixed it. He didn’t punch him, it was a well deserved slap. Don’t know why people are getting so worked up.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Can you explain to me how he shamed please because I've asked this question and no one yet has answered it."

I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn’t complimenting her on how beautiful she looked.

Paradise, Herts

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

"

If you honestly can’t see (like half the world can) how that can be taken as an insult there really is no point in carrying on this conversation.

Can you explain to me how he shamed please because I've asked this question and no one yet has answered it.I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn’t complimenting her on how beautiful she looked."

How was it obvious because he didn't say she was ugly over she looked bad. This is why I'm asking the question because everyone is assuming That somehow a woman with a shaved head is ugly or somehow an insult. How do you know he wasn't suggesting she was beautiful because Demi moore looked incredible in that movie.

"Chris Rock took it on the chin... "

It was just a slap. Still over the top and unacceptable.

Did Will Smith basically say “God made me do it” in his speech?

Mountains and molehills after seeing it with none sleepy eyes it was just a slap his heart clearly wasnt in it it was just a pride thing so he didnt get earache from the wife when he got home

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

If you honestly can’t see (like half the world can) how that can be taken as an insult there really is no point in carrying on this conversation. "

Nicey ducked. Nobody has yet actually answered the question.

By *ausage1970Man  over a year ago

The moon

Well you could see his wife was visibly effected by the poor taste joke.

Looking at the mechanics it was a well telegraphed slap and Chris rock’s rolling movement was sure to make the contact very light. Most people who are slapped unexpectedly take it full force. I do smell something fishy…

"Looking at the mechanics it was a well telegraphed slap and Chris rock’s rolling movement was sure to make the contact very light. Most people who are slapped unexpectedly take it full force. I do smell something fishy…"

No because I watched it live and Will Smith went and sat back down and started screaming and swearing and that is an absolute no on live television and he knows that. Don't forget this was broadcast live into millions of homes and in America it was prime time, The oscars was actually taken off air for a good few minutes after the incident.

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

If you honestly can’t see (like half the world can) how that can be taken as an insult there really is no point in carrying on this conversation.

Nicey ducked. Nobody has yet actually answered the question. "

What’s the question? I won’t Boris you in response - aka lie, ignore it, answer someone else’s question, offer all waiting journalists GnT at 6am…

By *erverseintentionsMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

After that one little fight his mom got scared ....

Seriously tho ...will smith used an open palm attack ...because everybody knows . Paper beats rock.

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

What’s the question? I won’t Boris you in response - aka lie, ignore it, answer someone else’s question, offer all waiting journalists GnT at 6am…"

Why is comparing her to

GI Jane an insult? Because that's all he did.

Paradise, Herts

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

Nicey ducked. Nobody has yet actually answered the question. "

How is it ducked? I’ve answered the question how I see it. Anyone else can if they want. No I don’t believe he was commenting how beautiful women with shaved heads are. I absolutely do not think that. What more do you want me to say?

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Looking at the mechanics it was a well telegraphed slap and Chris rock’s rolling movement was sure to make the contact very light. Most people who are slapped unexpectedly take it full force. I do smell something fishy…"

Is there literally no action in the world that doesn't inspire a conspiracy theory ?

henley on thames

"Chris rock and will smith have beef going back years. The former comedian knew what he was saying as did the former rapper. The reason you see him smiling and laughing at first is because the audience were supposed to laugh at that point and as a professional he found himself without an option at that point… so he fixed it. He didn’t punch him, it was a well deserved slap. Don’t know why people are getting so worked up."

Because it was an assault, perhaps?

Can’t believe you are justifying a blatant assault, describing it as well deserved.

Liverpool

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

What’s the question? I won’t Boris you in response - aka lie, ignore it, answer someone else’s question, offer all waiting journalists GnT at 6am…

Why is comparing her to

GI Jane an insult? Because that's all he did. "

Jada apparently had a disease which makes her hair fall out ... Does t excuse her actions tho . She's far far away from being a good person.

Violence will always be the answer to some.

I always liked Will Smith, now he's just another man who can't control his fists.

Paradise, Herts

"Violence will always be the answer to some.

I always liked Will Smith, now he's just another man who can't control his fists. "

I did too. Always liked him. He shouldn’t have done that.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

He thought it was funny until he saw jada not laughing then he got angry

He’s the worlds most successful cuck. Could have any women in the world but he settled for someone that gaslighted him into thinking fucking your sons friends that are half your age behind your husbands back is ok

Will smith is the perfect example of not knowing when to call it quits. Your wife belongs to the streets bro she’s out there doing what she wants, with who she wants. Leave. You have options

Liverpool

Can you explain to me how he shamed please because I've asked this question and no one yet has answered it.I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn’t complimenting her on how beautiful she looked.

How was it obvious because he didn't say she was ugly over she looked bad. This is why I'm asking the question because everyone is assuming That somehow a woman with a shaved head is ugly or somehow an insult. How do you know he wasn't suggesting she was beautiful because Demi moore looked incredible in that movie. "

The punchline of the joke is that she's beautiful?

"This is perfect forum fodder. Tom couldn't have scripted it better.

Unless....

Tom?"

He’s busy collecting his golden doll for “Best Forum Thread 2021”

swansea

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

Why is comparing her to

GI Jane an insult? Because that's all he did. "

Have you watched award shows before no one gets' payed stupid amounts of money to go on stage and give compliments out .If you don’t get it by now then you never will.

Liverpool

"He thought it was funny until he saw jada not laughing then he got angry

He’s the worlds most successful cuck. Could have any women in the world but he settled for someone that gaslighted him into thinking fucking your sons friends that are half your age behind your husbands back is ok

Will smith is the perfect example of not knowing when to call it quits. Your wife belongs to the streets bro she’s out there doing what she wants, with who she wants. Leave. You have options "

Truth

henley on thames

Rock managed to slightly avoid the assault, as he would have been in a state of alert due to this bloke coming in stage and confronting him. Pretty simple really.

Can you explain to me how he shamed please because I've asked this question and no one yet has answered it.I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn’t complimenting her on how beautiful she looked.

How was it obvious because he didn't say she was ugly over she looked bad. This is why I'm asking the question because everyone is assuming That somehow a woman with a shaved head is ugly or somehow an insult. How do you know he wasn't suggesting she was beautiful because Demi moore looked incredible in that movie.

The punchline of the joke is that she's beautiful? "

Why not and actually was it a joke or a statement? Like I've said I feel there's a lot of projecting going on.

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

Why is comparing her to

GI Jane an insult? Because that's all he did. Have you watched award shows before no one gets' payed stupid amounts of money to go on stage and give compliments out .If you don’t get it by now then you never will."

You actually can't be serious! You clearly didn't watch it because almost every single person that gave out an award did give out compliments.

Liverpool

the world's talking about the oscars again.. two semi irrelevant fellas have a little bit of Argy bargy . No injuries . Nobody died .. just pure press and front page headlines for them both and for the academy awards show..they both deserve an Oscar for that scripted performance.

"Chris rock and will smith have beef going back years. The former comedian knew what he was saying as did the former rapper. The reason you see him smiling and laughing at first is because the audience were supposed to laugh at that point and as a professional he found himself without an option at that point… so he fixed it. He didn’t punch him, it was a well deserved slap. Don’t know why people are getting so worked up.

Can’t believe you are justifying a blatant assault, describing it as well deserved. "

First off there are many grades of assault, I believe the first shot was fired by the former comedian and the former rapper responded in kind. Bullies don’t always use their fists, it usually starts with name calling... let’s move onto what I would do If someone insults my wife’s medical condition on a world wide telecast… what would you expect me to do? Laugh about it? Actually it would have been my missus kicking him in the nuts because she takes no shit from bullies. Maybe Jada should have gone up and ‘had a word’. That would have been a very powerful statement.

Liverpool

Why not and actually was it a joke or a statement? Like I've said I feel there's a lot of projecting going on. "

If it was a statement that she's beautiful, the audience responding by laughing is pretty cruel. I believe they responded by laughing however because he made a joke at her expense.

I’ll answer it. She suffers from alopecia. She has a shaved head. He called her GI Jane. "

It is quite conceivable he made the joke based on the appearance alone and was either ignorant or forgetful about the medical history. We don’t know what he was thinking at the time.

That is the point being made. As unlikely as it may seem, it is possible.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

As we would say in basketball terms… that was definitely a flagrant 2….

He was made because the 3 girls before made a jada cuckold joke!

The GI Jane joke wasn’t that funny.. yes you could say bad taste because she has spoken about having alopicia, but she just eye rolled… it didn’t really need the defend her honour shit!

Anyway… isn’t that technically assault.. it’s not like there aren’t millions of witnesses!

Why not and actually was it a joke or a statement? Like I've said I feel there's a lot of projecting going on.

If it was a statement that she's beautiful, the audience responding by laughing is pretty cruel. I believe they responded by laughing however because he made a joke at her expense. "

OK so If the audience had clapped that would have been OK? The 3 hosts made several jokes at individuals expense, None of them were assaulted and nobody is in uproar about it. Why is this any different? I think it's simply because people like Will Smith so are prepared to assume it was justified in some way.

swansea

Seriously!

Yes seriously?

Why is comparing her to

GI Jane an insult? Because that's all he did. Have you watched award shows before no one gets' payed stupid amounts of money to go on stage and give compliments out .If you don’t get it by now then you never will.

You actually can't be serious! You clearly didn't watch it because almost every single person that gave out an award did give out compliments. "

I’m not talking about the ass licking that goes on when the awards are being given out I’m talking about the main host .Theirs a reason they hire people that don’t really give a shit about what they say prime example is Ricky Gervais hosting the golden globes 5 times in a row.

Liverpool

If it was a statement that she's beautiful, the audience responding by laughing is pretty cruel. I believe they responded by laughing however because he made a joke at her expense.

OK so If the audience had clapped that would have been OK? The 3 hosts made several jokes at individuals expense, None of them were assaulted and nobody is in uproar about it. Why is this any different? I think it's simply because people like Will Smith so are prepared to assume it was justified in some way. "

I've already said it isn't justified. Chris Rock is still an asshole though. Both things can be true.

Will smith is the perfect example of not knowing when to call it quits. Your wife belongs to the streets bro she’s out there doing what she wants, with who she wants. Leave. You have options "

What he cares for his wife and forgives the mother of his children is that your only problem with him?

"As we would say in basketball terms… that was definitely a flagrant 2….

He was made because the 3 girls before made a jada cuckold joke!

The GI Jane joke wasn’t that funny.. yes you could say bad taste because she has spoken about having alopicia, but she just eye rolled… it didn’t really need the defend her honour shit!

Anyway… isn’t that technically assault.. it’s not like there aren’t millions of witnesses! "

Thank you, I was hoping someone would bring that up because the 3 women had already made a joke that was far more inappropriate about Jada, No one is up in arms about that though.

Paradise, Herts

OK so If the audience had clapped that would have been OK? The 3 hosts made several jokes at individuals expense, None of them were assaulted and nobody is in uproar about it. Why is this any different? I think it's simply because people like Will Smith so are prepared to assume it was justified in some way.

I've already said it isn't justified. Chris Rock is still an asshole though. Both things can be true. "

Yep I agree

Abolish celebrities.

Can someone tell me what Chris Rock said?

I've just put the news on and saw Will hit him but I don't know why

Claire xx

"Abolish celebrities. "

Seriously though I think Will was obviously out of order and should know better. And I think the Joke was shit and offensive.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I personally found nothing wrong with the joke itself. Medical condition or not, why is it okay to joke about male baldness (it's a medical/genetic condition after all) , but not about a woman suffering hair loss for whatever reason? I say joke, not full on insult.

He was joking/making light of her shaved head (nothing at all wrong with a woman with a shaved) that just so happens to be caused by alopecia, what he said was not actually an insult, though from a certain pov been one. We all go looking to be offended where and when we choose at times.

He knew what he was doing and walking a line though, hence the "Jada, I love you" just before the joke.

It was arguably distasteful sure but it was tame, and it didn't need the physical response. A verbal shut the fuck up was all it needed.

"Can someone tell me what Chris Rock said?

Claire xx"

"Jada look forward to seeing you in GI Jane 2" that's it, he said nothing else.

Claire xx"

His wife Jada has alopecia and Mr Rock made a certain comment comparing her to a character “When are you filming GI jane 2” along with commenting on the state of their marriage

Claire xx

His wife Jada has alopecia and Mr Rock made a certain comment comparing her to a character “When are you filming GI jane 2” along with commenting on the state of their marriage"

He mentioned nothing about the state of their marriage or about Jada's alopecia you have added bits. 3 female hosts mentioned the state of their marriage before Chris Rock was even on the stage.

Liverpool

Claire xx

His wife Jada has alopecia and Mr Rock made a certain comment comparing her to a character “When are you filming GI jane 2” along with commenting on the state of their marriage"

Chris rock didn't mention their marriage (not at least from the drama segment)

swansea

Regardless of what was said I think most of us can agree he shouldn’t have put his hands on him and for that their should be consequences..

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

There is a history of Chris rock have a dig a will smith wife at the oscars . will smith reacted in the heat of the moment .I'm surprised he didn't seek him out in private and voice his diaproval. when he up for an award .but he human and like everyone he saw red and reacted .

Chris Rock was out of order making fun of his will smith wife .revenge is dish best serve cold .

By *he_massangerMan  over a year ago

Sheringham

Over-sensitive drama queens hamming it up for the cameras yet again.

Liverpool

What Chris Rock said (and he knew what he was doing exactly) was an open to interpretation joke. It was walking the line. He didn't insult her, he made a comment and everyone else in the world has chosen to assume what he meant. Either for or against.

For the most part the comment itself would have been a none thing if Will Smith had not even got out of his seat.

Claire xx

His wife Jada has alopecia and Mr Rock made a certain comment comparing her to a character “When are you filming GI jane 2” along with commenting on the state of their marriage

He mentioned nothing about the state of their marriage or about Jada's alopecia you have added bits. 3 female hosts mentioned the state of their marriage before Chris Rock was even on the stage. "

Oh right sorry didn’t realise only seen clips of him mid talking news I was reading must have been being dramatic.

Think the female hosts might have riled him up then

henley on thames

"Chris rock and will smith have beef going back years. The former comedian knew what he was saying as did the former rapper. The reason you see him smiling and laughing at first is because the audience were supposed to laugh at that point and as a professional he found himself without an option at that point… so he fixed it. He didn’t punch him, it was a well deserved slap. Don’t know why people are getting so worked up.

Can’t believe you are justifying a blatant assault, describing it as well deserved.

First off there are many grades of assault, I believe the first shot was fired by the former comedian and the former rapper responded in kind. Bullies don’t always use their fists, it usually starts with name calling... let’s move onto what I would do If someone insults my wife’s medical condition on a world wide telecast… what would you expect me to do? Laugh about it? Actually it would have been my missus kicking him in the nuts because she takes no shit from bullies. Maybe Jada should have gone up and ‘had a word’. That would have been a very powerful statement."

So you are condoning assault. Thanks for clarifying.

Liverpool

"Regardless of what was said I think most of us can agree he shouldn’t have put his hands on him and for that their should be consequences.."

That's what leads me to believe it was scripted . Dont kid yourself that the oscars aren't full of security , police and probably some other form of protection for the celebrities and entourages.. a real assault would've been shut down immediately and the perpetrator arrested on the spot ..celebrity or not

henley on thames

Will smith is the perfect example of not knowing when to call it quits. Your wife belongs to the streets bro she’s out there doing what she wants, with who she wants. Leave. You have options

What he cares for his wife and forgives the mother of his children is that your only problem with him? "

Main problem appears that be the assault

"What Chris Rock said (and he knew what he was doing exactly) was an open to interpretation joke. It was walking the line. He didn't insult her, he made a comment and everyone else in the world has chosen to assume what he meant. Either for or against.

For the most part the comment itself would have been a none thing if Will Smith had not even got out of his seat. "

This is basically what I've been trying to say, but you put it better.

henley on thames

Claire xx

He didn’t mention the state of their marriage. Stop making things up

"Regardless of what was said I think most of us can agree he shouldn’t have put his hands on him and for that their should be consequences..

That's what leads me to believe it was scripted . Dont kid yourself that the oscars aren't full of security , police and probably some other form of protection for the celebrities and entourages.. a real assault would've been shut down immediately and the perpetrator arrested on the spot ..celebrity or not "

It was shut down immediately. So to begin with everyone including may fought it was staged it was only when will went back to his seat and started shouting and swearing that people realised it wasn't and the show was suspended immediately. I was watching it and there was no obvious security at all.

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

"After that one little fight his mom got scared ....

Seriously tho ...will smith used an open palm attack ...because everybody knows . Paper beats rock."

Nothing will beat this response today

First off there are many grades of assault, I believe the first shot was fired by the former comedian and the former rapper responded in kind. Bullies don’t always use their fists, it usually starts with name calling... let’s move onto what I would do If someone insults my wife’s medical condition on a world wide telecast… what would you expect me to do? Laugh about it? Actually it would have been my missus kicking him in the nuts because she takes no shit from bullies. Maybe Jada should have gone up and ‘had a word’. That would have been a very powerful statement.

So you are condoning assault. Thanks for clarifying. "

Actually I think you'll find I'm condemning bullies and wholly advocate action against them. Happy to make that perfectly clear.

henley on thames

"There is a history of Chris rock have a dig a will smith wife at the oscars . will smith reacted in the heat of the moment .I'm surprised he didn't seek him out in private and voice his diaproval. when he up for an award .but he human and like everyone he saw red and reacted .

Chris Rock was out of order making fun of his will smith wife .revenge is dish best serve cold ."

It wasn’t “in the hear of the moment”, lashing out at someone standing beside him. He had loads of time to realise that what he was doing was not ok.

In a Sparkly Dress

"If it were the cameraman that punched him or a passer by, or me or you then we’d still be locked up now waiting to stand in front of a judge. "

Only if the other party makes a complaint.

It is up to Chris Rock to decide whether to prosecute him over this and Will Smith will have to make amends however the police see fit.

By *he_massangerMan  over a year ago

Sheringham

This thread also appears loaded with hysterical drama. Blood pressure people, tut-tut.

henley on thames

Actually I think you'll find I'm condemning bullies and wholly advocate action against them. Happy to make that perfectly clear."

Understood. You are framing the joke as bullying, and condoning the assault as justifiable. Got it.

I don’t agree. There are other ways. Assault / violence is a weak reaction.

Claire xx

He didn’t mention the state of their marriage. Stop making things up "

One was misinformed and admits it meant to say he was probably already riled up by the other hosts comment on the state of his marriage.Not condoning it

"If it were the cameraman that punched him or a passer by, or me or you then we’d still be locked up now waiting to stand in front of a judge.

It is up to Chris Rock to decide whether to prosecute him over this and Will Smith will have to make amends however the police see fit."

Actually no, Anyone can report it to the police and already has been. You do not need a victim to come forward if it is seen in the public interest.

Liverpool

"Regardless of what was said I think most of us can agree he shouldn’t have put his hands on him and for that their should be consequences..

That's what leads me to believe it was scripted . Dont kid yourself that the oscars aren't full of security , police and probably some other form of protection for the celebrities and entourages.. a real assault would've been shut down immediately and the perpetrator arrested on the spot ..celebrity or not

It was shut down immediately. So to begin with everyone including may fought it was staged it was only when will went back to his seat and started shouting and swearing that people realised it wasn't and the show was suspended immediately. I was watching it and there was no obvious security at all. "

Regardless of it being will smith who approached the stage ...if it wasn't scripted anybody approaching the stage would've been rushed and tackled ..the organisers were probably well aware it was going to happen ...it wasnt immediately shut down ..will sat back down . And it was taken off air a few moments after he started swearing ...it's broadcast to a live audience but there will be a second or two delay between the live feed and the viewers . They could've pulled the plug long before the slap...if it wasn't scripted . .

"Boris Johnson ?

Huh?"

By far the best drama actor in the uk x

It was shut down immediately. So to begin with everyone including may fought it was staged it was only when will went back to his seat and started shouting and swearing that people realised it wasn't and the show was suspended immediately. I was watching it and there was no obvious security at all.

Regardless of it being will smith who approached the stage ...if it wasn't scripted anybody approaching the stage would've been rushed and tackled ..the organisers were probably well aware it was going to happen ...it wasnt immediately shut down ..will sat back down . And it was taken off air a few moments after he started swearing ...it's broadcast to a live audience but there will be a second or two delay between the live feed and the viewers . They could've pulled the plug long before the slap...if it wasn't scripted . ."

I think you are wrong because what a risky strategy for Will Smith and I Cant believe for a second he would agree to that. The obscenities after make it clear to me there is no way that was staged.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Anyway …. Next Chris rock Netflix special is going to be epic!

"If it were the cameraman that punched him or a passer by, or me or you then we’d still be locked up now waiting to stand in front of a judge.

It is up to Chris Rock to decide whether to prosecute him over this and Will Smith will have to make amends however the police see fit.

Actually no, Anyone can report it to the police and already has been. You do not need a victim to come forward if it is seen in the public interest. "

US law is quite different, however as the victim of a crime if you choose not to press charges in the UK the CPS has to consider that and usually they don't press unless it's above a certain grade point.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Good job Ricky Gervais didn’t host.

He would have them queuing up with butthurt.

Liverpool

Regardless of it being will smith who approached the stage ...if it wasn't scripted anybody approaching the stage would've been rushed and tackled ..the organisers were probably well aware it was going to happen ...it wasnt immediately shut down ..will sat back down . And it was taken off air a few moments after he started swearing ...it's broadcast to a live audience but there will be a second or two delay between the live feed and the viewers . They could've pulled the plug long before the slap...if it wasn't scripted . .

I think you are wrong because what a risky strategy for Will Smith and I Cant believe for a second he would agree to that. The obscenities after make it clear to me there is no way that was staged. "

Risky ? It's divided opinions in Britain on a swingers forum ...there's people in support of will ..and in support of Chris rock ...yeah I suppose it might be risky ...but the oscars is hot gossip right now and will smith and Chris rock and Jada are probably all trending on twitter . No publicity is bad publicity ..will smiths character is basically untouchable . Chris rock too.

Liverpool

Actually no, Anyone can report it to the police and already has been. You do not need a victim to come forward if it is seen in the public interest. "

And even if Chris Rock decides not the press charges (he won't) it is out of his hands. His not pressing of charges will have some pull in the proceedings but once police are involved, all the victim can do is mention then don't wish to press charges.

It very likely won't go far, not even because its an actor thing. I don't condone the assault, but as Chris Rock said "I just got bitch slapped by Will Smith".

The police will put it down to provoked assault, and along side with it being an open handed slap that will be the end of the official proceedings. Court of public opinion will go on for a while.

In my opinion it was totally unscripted. What was scripted and probably fully vetted by the Academy was the joke.

It’s one of those moments where a joke could have gone either way but on this occasion it went totally wrong. I actually feel sorry for both and blame the Academy. It’s the most watched ceremony in the world, keep the risky stuff to a minimum

"Good job Ricky Gervais didn’t host.

He would have them queuing up with butthurt. "

He would have who doing what?

Think I know a different Ricky Gervais from you then

I think you are wrong because what a risky strategy for Will Smith and I Cant believe for a second he would agree to that. The obscenities after make it clear to me there is no way that was staged.

Risky ? It's divided opinions in Britain on a swingers forum ...there's people in support of will ..and in support of Chris rock ...yeah I suppose it might be risky ...but the oscars is hot gossip right now and will smith and Chris rock and Jada are probably all trending on twitter . No publicity is bad publicity ..will smiths character is basically untouchable . Chris rock too. "

Actually no the oscars have condemned his actions publicly in a statement so have many of the people that were at the oscars last night including very famous actors and actresses.

Actually I think you'll find I'm condemning bullies and wholly advocate action against them. Happy to make that perfectly clear.

Understood. You are framing the joke as bullying, and condoning the assault as justifiable. Got it.

I don’t agree. There are other ways. Assault / violence is a weak reaction. "

Sometimes a physical response is the only thing that works, violence being more associated with the psychology than the action.

henley on thames

I think you are wrong because what a risky strategy for Will Smith and I Cant believe for a second he would agree to that. The obscenities after make it clear to me there is no way that was staged. "

Agreed. Suggesting that it was scripted is just fantasy. Some people just can’t accept anything at face value, they have to invent a plot

"Anyway …. Next Chris rock Netflix special is going to be epic! "

Your giving me nightmares

*clicks* so anyway my boy Willard comes up yo me *click* *click* and says you want sone bare skin *click* I give it to you *click*

"In my opinion it was totally unscripted. What was scripted and probably fully vetted by the Academy was the joke.

It’s one of those moments where a joke could have gone either way but on this occasion it went totally wrong. I actually feel sorry for both and blame the Academy. It’s the most watched ceremony in the world, keep the risky stuff to a minimum"

People go off script and it was very clear a few did last night including Amy Schumer towards the end.

Whatever way you look at it, it was assault

Will there be prosecution?

Doubt it very much

henley on thames

Sometimes a physical response is the only thing that works, violence being more associated with the psychology than the action."

You think that violence and assault is ok. Yeah, I get that point.

For me, it isn’t. To me, violence is a last resort when in physical danger.

henley on thames

"Whatever way you look at it, it was assault

Will there be prosecution?

Doubt it very much"

There will, however, be a PR exercise and statement, promising to become a better person.

Sometimes a physical response is the only thing that works, violence being more associated with the psychology than the action."

So Should he have been violent towards the 3 women who made comments about the state of for Smith's marriage, Should Leonardo DiCaprio become violent towards Amy Schumer Because of her comments accusing him of dating very young women? Just because you don't like what someone says does not give you an invite to assault them.

By *agicfingerslovelyMan  over a year ago

Rugby

Got real. Rock took the piss at a very personal health problem impacting on his love one. Not on and Smith rightly saw red and took spur of the moment action.

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Awards presenters, especially comedians, have always pull this sort of stuff. And typically because the ‘targets’ are in the same room the jokes are a lot tamer than they would be at an individual show. I didn’t think the joke was that bad, but it wasn’t about me or one of my loved ones. Will’s natural reaction was to laugh it off but he would have been seething inside and then Jada’s reaction would have been the determining factor.

I dont think you can always say that violence isn’t the answer though. Sometimes people say or do things that deserve a slap IMO

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

Chris rock was a dick. His joke was horrible.

Personally I don’t blame Will at all. It was provoked. It was more of a bitch slap like Chris said.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Send Smith to punch Putin. Problem solved.

Sometimes a physical response is the only thing that works, violence being more associated with the psychology than the action.

So Should he have been violent towards the 3 women who made comments about the state of for Smith's marriage, Should Leonardo DiCaprio become violent towards Amy Schumer Because of her comments accusing him of dating very young women? Just because you don't like what someone says does not give you an invite to assault them. "

It was clearly the verbal attack against her medical condition that incited the response. That's indefensible. If it isn't then I'm in the wrong century.

"Chris rock was a dick. His joke was horrible.

Personally I don’t blame Will at all. It was provoked. It was more of a bitch slap like Chris said. "

"Will Smith just smacked the shit out of me.” Is what he actually said. I actually cannot believe anybody would condone this kind of assault.

So Should he have been violent towards the 3 women who made comments about the state of for Smith's marriage, Should Leonardo DiCaprio become violent towards Amy Schumer Because of her comments accusing him of dating very young women? Just because you don't like what someone says does not give you an invite to assault them.

It was clearly the verbal attack against her medical condition that incited the response. That's indefensible. If it isn't then I'm in the wrong century."

You have decided that because actually her medical condition was not mentioned.

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

Personally I don’t blame Will at all. It was provoked. It was more of a bitch slap like Chris said.

"Will Smith just smacked the shit out of me.” Is what he actually said. I actually cannot believe anybody would condone this kind of assault.

"

I stand corrected but Then he was being dramatic as it was a bitch slap.

henley on thames

"Got real. Rock took the piss at a very personal health problem impacting on his love one. Not on and Smith rightly saw red and took spur of the moment action."

I disagree. Violence is a piss-poor response

This drama will never top when they gave best picture to La la land but Moonlight had actually won.

I stand corrected but Then he was being dramatic as it was a bitch slap. "

I was watching it live and it was more than that, He also swore at him continually. I'm sorry that there are people that think this kind of behaviour is acceptable as actually it's disgusting.

henley on thames

It was clearly the verbal attack against her medical condition that incited the response. That's indefensible. If it isn't then I'm in the wrong century."

If you repeatedly condone assault, then yes, perhaps you are in the wrong century.

Would people be so happy and quick to defend Chris rock if Mrs Smith was missing a limb, or was a wheel chair user, or if he has made a joke about her colour?

The balance has swung to far in favour of people saying what they think is acceptable at the expense of others, and if any one is offended then they are at fault not the person saying the words.

Also with people saying violence is not right, are these not done of the same people calling for more direct action in Ukraine?

Will Smith did what a man, husband, father should do stand up for his family

He was laughing as it was expected, then he saw the look on his wives face you can see his eyes as he is laughing a look of you mother fucker towards Chris rock.

I salute you Mr Smith

It was a cruel and unnecessary joke and the Smiths should have left with dignity to shame the joker not resort to violence to solve a problem…think the world has had enough of men acting this way

Good OSCARS drama. everyone.