FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mother's day

Mother's day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I'm fully expecting my son to forget it...he's at uni & without being reminded, he never remembers any special days. Up until 2 years ago when I was still married, his Dad would have made sure the day was made a bit special, but now we're split, his father won't remind him now.

It's always a dilemma- do I remind him, so he can call me or send a card, or let him find out too late that he's forgotten & he'll feel guilty about it??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Remind him lovely

Bognor Regis

"Remind him lovely "

Thanks

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't bother reminding anyone of anything anymore, if they don't bother despite it not been a secret day then I'll have to deal with the disappointment. Its crap when family don't put the effort in. There would be magnificent shock if I didn't bother mind

(Ignore me, I'm poorly & grumpy)

Bognor Regis

"I don't bother reminding anyone of anything anymore, if they don't bother despite it not been a secret day then I'll have to deal with the disappointment. Its crap when family don't put the effort in. There would be magnificent shock if I didn't bother mind

(Ignore me, I'm poorly & grumpy)"

Aww big hugs!!

Hope you feel better soon xxx

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If he literally doesn't watch telly, doesn't walk past shops, has no friends who have talked about mothering Sunday and hasn't been out of the house for two months then remind him. If not then I'd leave it, sometimes things are less important to others than they are to us.

When's his birthday? Have you forgotten?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also why should you have to remind an adult to send you a card?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Pretty sure my son will forget too!

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

If you remind him it 'dilutes' the afterthought (card etc) somewhat. I'd tell him afterwards and hope he remembers next year.

Bognor Regis

"If you remind him it 'dilutes' the afterthought (card etc) somewhat. I'd tell him afterwards and hope he remembers next year."

Good idea!

I think admin should spoil us forgotten mums, thanks in advance NiceCouple

By *picknspanMan  over a year ago

North West Leeds

"If he literally doesn't watch telly, doesn't walk past shops, has no friends who have talked about mothering Sunday and hasn't been out of the house for two months then remind him. If not then I'd leave it, sometimes things are less important to others than they are to us.

When's his birthday? Have you forgotten? "

Couldn't agree more!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I'm fully expecting my son to forget it...he's at uni & without being reminded, he never remembers any special days. Up until 2 years ago when I was still married, his Dad would have made sure the day was made a bit special, but now we're split, his father won't remind him now.

It's always a dilemma- do I remind him, so he can call me or send a card, or let him find out too late that he's forgotten & he'll feel guilty about it??

"

Did you remember son's day though?

Bognor Regis

"I'm fully expecting my son to forget it...he's at uni & without being reminded, he never remembers any special days. Up until 2 years ago when I was still married, his Dad would have made sure the day was made a bit special, but now we're split, his father won't remind him now.

Did you remember son's day though?"

Y'know, I've never even heard of son's day

Although, fully financially supporting him through uni because his sporting commitments means he can't fit in a p/t job pretty much means that every day is son's day!! Lol!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It is just one day. It's how he is the other 364 days that really counts.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the gorgeous mum’s out there this weekend

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

You could send him a message asking him "not" to get you something, just to ring you for a chat (or meet for a drink if close enough).

Cal

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

This year Mothering Sunday falls on the same day as my eldest’s birthday! He wasn’t best pleased (he’ll be 12).

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Just a gentle reminder that don't seem like one! Like I am on a diet so wouldn't want to receive chocs this mothers day x

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Just a gentle reminder that don't seem like one! Like I am on a diet so wouldn't want to receive chocs this mothers day x"

Calories don’t count on Mother’s Day!

Paradise, Herts

"Just a gentle reminder that don't seem like one! Like I am on a diet so wouldn't want to receive chocs this mothers day x

Calories don’t count on Mother’s Day! "

Ah ignore me you’re giving advice to the op

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

One of mine had just brought a flat, his girfreind lost her job within a month of moving in. So they can't afford it. My 19 year old has just tested for covid. So she can't do anything. My little 2 are too young - and their dad won't do anything with them for me.

So just another day to forget. But that's the lot of a mum. We've had an hour stolen by the clocks going forward too.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Just a gentle reminder that don't seem like one! Like I am on a diet so wouldn't want to receive chocs this mothers day x

Calories don’t count on Mother’s Day!

Ah ignore me you’re giving advice to the op "

I do have to remind mine of this as had alot of kidney troubles last few weeks (diabetic ) and if they bring me choc it will be hard to resist lol x

North West

"This year Mothering Sunday falls on the same day as my eldest’s birthday! He wasn’t best pleased (he’ll be 12).

"

I'm out playing wheelchair basketball on Mothering Sunday

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

My son is oblivious of mother's day and my birthday and doesn't do cards anyway.

When he's reminded he'll give me cash; pay for me to have my hair done or pay for me and my girls to go out.

I know he loves me, even if he is crap at special occasions.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"My son is oblivious of mother's day and my birthday and doesn't do cards anyway.

When he's reminded he'll give me cash; pay for me to have my hair done or pay for me and my girls to go out.

I know he loves me, even if he is crap at special occasions. "

I have to add that I don't remind him, but this year I'm going to my daughter's for dinner on Sunday so told him I'll be out for mother's day.

By *urvytreatWoman  over a year ago

somewhere nice

When I was with my ex I was always the one remembering birthdays etc. After we I still brought all my daughters cards for her (she was 18 but still in ft education so that took priority). When I then moved away 2 years later I wrote her a list of everyone’s birthdays, anniversaries etc in order through the year. She must of lost it as she doesn’t send any. I’ll not anything on Sunday, but it’s no surprise. My dads the same. Doubt he could say when my birthday is, he relies on mum

"It is just one day. It's how he is the other 364 days that really counts. "

I feel this way about all 'occasions'. Birthdays, Christmas, valentine's day etc.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

My eldest son will probably forget but I’m relying on his gf to remind him ..

Do something nice for yourself and send him the bill

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It is just one day. It's how he is the other 364 days that really counts.

I feel this way about all 'occasions'. Birthdays, Christmas, valentine's day etc. "

Yep although we did do Valentine's this year after nearly 40 years of not bothering

"It is just one day. It's how he is the other 364 days that really counts.

I feel this way about all 'occasions'. Birthdays, Christmas, valentine's day etc.

Yep although we did do Valentine's this year after nearly 40 years of not bothering "

Bognor Regis

"Do something nice for yourself and send him the bill "

That would be a brilliant idea, if he hadn't got the money from me in the first place!!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've been reminding mine for the last week or so... More so to send one to his grandma!

First mother's day without him this year as he's also at uni... Sob...

Portsmouth

"Do something nice for yourself and send him the bill

That would be a brilliant idea, if he hadn't got the money from me in the first place!! "

It really is nature not nurture isn't it?! Lol

I also want a soppy post on Facebook with a photo collage, he sometimes does that.

Paradise, Herts

That would be a brilliant idea, if he hadn't got the money from me in the first place!!

I also want a soppy post on Facebook with a photo collage, he sometimes does that. "

Haha mine do that. I went mad last year. There was a pic of me in a bloody bikini in the collage!

Portsmouth

I also want a soppy post on Facebook with a photo collage, he sometimes does that.

Haha mine do that. I went mad last year. There was a pic of me in a bloody bikini in the collage!"

Ha ha ha ha!!! I'm sure you looked great

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I trid to persuade my kids that I should get British and American mother's Day (they are all dual citizes). They have told me I only get the American one this year.

So I'm sulking.

I also want a soppy post on Facebook with a photo collage, he sometimes does that. "

Awww I love that!

My boy had a picture of me and him on his social media accounts when he went to uni. It was there for 3 years before he removed it

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I would remind him. It's better for both of you. Some of us just don't have a great memory and it isn't for lack of care. One of my partners has ADHD and it quite severely effects his memory. I remind him about events coming up but I know he would struggle without that. He really beats himself if he forgets anything important and to be honest, even the unimportant things too. As a demonstration of how much it doesn't mean he doesn't care, he's been talking about wanting a drip coffee machine with a timer for as long as I've known him. His sister got him one for Christmas and he was thrilled. He forgot about it in his boot for 2 weeks. With how much he loves coffee, him managing to forget about a coffee machine is frankly shocking but I think demonstrates the point quite well .

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

"If he literally doesn't watch telly, doesn't walk past shops, has no friends who have talked about mothering Sunday and hasn't been out of the house for two months then remind him. If not then I'd leave it, sometimes things are less important to others than they are to us.

When's his birthday? Have you forgotten? "

I’d go with this. You can’t miss Mother’s Day stuff as it’s everywhere.

Bognor Regis

"I've been reminding mine for the last week or so... More so to send one to his grandma!

First mother's day without him this year as he's also at uni... Sob..."

It's a bit tough, isn't it

It's my boy's 2nd year...I do miss him, but have come to love my alone time too

Bognor Regis

Sooo, my son messaged at 1am to wish me happy Mother's Day

He told me he'd sent a card & apologised for not having money to treat me, but he loves me very much

Not gonna lie, I welled up a bit.

Happy Mother's day to all who need to hear it- you're all bloody awesome xxx

North West

My son remembered and said Happy Mother's Day when I got home, but did not buy a card. He's going to make us some dinner now (allegedly!)

Bognor Regis

"My son remembered and said Happy Mother's Day when I got home, but did not buy a card. He's going to make us some dinner now (allegedly!)"

That's sweet- do you have a fire extinguisher?? Lol!!

Wait, what?

It’s Mother’s Day???

Fuck.

Nobody said!!

North West

"My son remembered and said Happy Mother's Day when I got home, but did not buy a card. He's going to make us some dinner now (allegedly!)

That's sweet- do you have a fire extinguisher?? Lol!!"

He's a very good cook actually, he just has to motivate himself to actually start cooking. It's 8pm and tempted to get out the cereal!

Bognor Regis

"My son remembered and said Happy Mother's Day when I got home, but did not buy a card. He's going to make us some dinner now (allegedly!)

That's sweet- do you have a fire extinguisher?? Lol!!

He's a very good cook actually, he just has to motivate himself to actually start cooking. It's 8pm and tempted to get out the cereal!"

Oh bloody hell!

» Add a new message to this topic