FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Male contraception

Male contraception

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

How many men would take the male contraception when it becomes available?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unless I’m getting somebody pregnant by masturbating I think I’m good.

"How many men would take the male contraception when it becomes available? "

If it ever will. Sure, why not? I mean, condoms work well enough for me, but if I was in a long term love affair I might.

I've had the snip 20 odd years ago,,, does that count?

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

I see no reason why I wouldn't.

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

As above I'm classed as a jaffa .I'm seedless x

I'm good, I got my bollocks bricked, but it's only a contraceptive, no help for STDs, so it's still condoms regardless.

Leeds

"How many men would take the male contraception when it becomes available?

If it ever will. Sure, why not? I mean, condoms work well enough for me, but if I was in a long term love affair I might."

Good answer x

Leeds

I've had the snip 20 odd years ago,,, does that count?"

Best form of contraception (when it works lol) x

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I got the snip many many years ago. But if I was younger I think I would.

Maybe it should be mandatory for all until they have the sense and maturity to take responsibility for their actions.

Leeds

"I see no reason why I wouldn't."

All depends if it suits the guy...some women can't take the female equivalent x

Snipped and ready to dip

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

I had the snip 13 years ago, and it definitely worked

the who the what now

Leeds

"As above I'm classed as a jaffa .I'm seedless x "

Jaffa's seem popular at the min...x

Leeds

"I'm good, I got my bollocks bricked, but it's only a contraceptive, no help for STDs, so it's still condoms regardless."

Obviously x

Leeds

Maybe it should be mandatory for all until they have the sense and maturity to take responsibility for their actions. "

Thr world would end if that was the case x

Maybe if they put a cure for stds in it il consider it otherwise fuck that

Leeds

"Snipped and ready to dip "

x

Yes would take in a long term relationship or if sexualy active with a friend, I am too old to be a dad again

Leeds

"I had the snip 13 years ago, and it definitely worked "

x

Leeds

"How many men would take the male contraception when it becomes available? the who the what now "

Trust you x

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"I had the snip 13 years ago, and it definitely worked

x"

I don't mind using Trap Two for belt and braces......

Leeds

"Maybe if they put a cure for stds in it il consider it otherwise fuck that "

Even with a cure in them, I'd still cover up x

Seriously though. My wife had problems with contraception so I decided to get the snip. If we had wanted more kids in future I would have happily took the male pill.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Pointless, vasectomised

In the west.

Maybe it should be mandatory for all until they have the sense and maturity to take responsibility for their actions.

Thr world would end if that was the case x"

I couldn't possibly comment.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I would. Depending on how it works. As reducing T would be counter productive to my gym work.

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

"I would. Depending on how it works. As reducing T would be counter productive to my gym work. "

I dont think its hormone based, thats why its taken so long to develope it, I would take it if i was younger and in a relationship, a girlfriend i had way back when she had teribble trouble with the pill, to the point she had to stop taking it, i would have taken it then, instead we used condoms as the snip was out as we wanted kids later in life.

but other than that im not sure there is a great need for it.

I was also in a relationship where she was on the pill, but stopped taking it as she wanted to get pregnant against my wishes, i would have taken it then, i now have a child with her, and the timing couldnt have been worse for me, i knew nothing untill it was to late, so it would have given me a saftey net, but i stupidly trusted her lol

By *ansexualPandaMan  over a year ago

Your Bed

Depends, I play safe but in a long-term situation, I don't see why I wouldn't.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Yes. It’s about time men had an answer to our reproductive rights. Hopefully it’ll work but there’s been plenty that have failed in the past

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I think a lot of guys would want to see what the side effects were first. Weigh up up pros and cons like people already do with other forms.

Oh there’s life in this old dog yet, I don’t think I would have any problems taking a contraceptive for the right Frau, it’s amazing what science can do these days, I’m just disappointed that it was tested on mice first, the year 2022 and we are still treating mice as less than cats, what if all those mice wanted to have children, their little broken hearts, it really pains me

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I'm sure a lot of men would want the choice and would be dependable enoigh to take it on time to make sure it works optimally, the question is would women trust them to take it though.

There were trials that proved it would work but there were side effects, they were no worse than the side effects for women but through those tests men admitted they would stop taking the pulls and not deal with the side effects. Apparently the conclusion of this was that men could walk away from a pregnancy where women were unable to other than abortion so it was never a case that medically it wasn't viable, it was that phsycologically men weren't dependable enough to be trusted to take it.

The other reason it would never take off is that trials showed that a large proportion of men would lie about being on it to get what they want (condom free sex) where women are largely more dependable as they more often have to face the consequences alone.

Me, I had a vasectomy as soon as I possibly could

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I would have as I'd like the responsibility in my own hands.

I've had the snip now, so no longer an issue.

w

"I'm sure a lot of men would want the choice and would be dependable enoigh to take it on time to make sure it works optimally, the question is would women trust them to take it though.

There were trials that proved it would work but there were side effects, they were no worse than the side effects for women but through those tests men admitted they would stop taking the pulls and not deal with the side effects. Apparently the conclusion of this was that men could walk away from a pregnancy where women were unable to other than abortion so it was never a case that medically it wasn't viable, it was that phsycologically men weren't dependable enough to be trusted to take it.

The other reason it would never take off is that trials showed that a large proportion of men would lie about being on it to get what they want (condom free sex) where women are largely more dependable as they more often have to face the consequences alone.

Me, I had a vasectomy as soon as I possibly could "

I’d love to see those incredibly sexist sounding studies to see how authentic they looked

“We stopped the research on this product because we found that all men are lying pieces of shit”

Derby

"I'm sure a lot of men would want the choice and would be dependable enoigh to take it on time to make sure it works optimally, the question is would women trust them to take it though.

I’d love to see those incredibly sexist sounding studies to see how authentic they looked

“We stopped the research on this product because we found that all men are lying pieces of shit” "

Then do what others do, go look it up for yourself and maybe you'll find it wasn't done with any sexual or gender bias.

Stereotypes most often exist for a reason, not always and with exceptions but there is usually sound data to confirm those stereotypes particularly in medical and sociological studies.

w

“We stopped the research on this product because we found that all men are lying pieces of shit”

Then do what others do, go look it up for yourself and maybe you'll find it wasn't done with any sexual or gender bias.

Stereotypes most often exist for a reason, not always and with exceptions but there is usually sound data to confirm those stereotypes particularly in medical and sociological studies."

I’m not doubting they exist, the sexist part is the “stopping medical research that could help people because some of them might lie or use it incorrectly”

Imagine the genders reversed

“We stopped researching this because we found women lie sometimes”

My guess is that it’s poorly worded and those studies had zero effect on the outcome of the research. It was most likely stopped due to side effect issues and these other studies were just a part of looking into the effectiveness of a possible male contraceptive

As I said, I feel it would be incredibly sexists to stop research on something that could improve peoples lives because “men lie sometimes”

Me, I had a vasectomy as soon as I possibly could "

Did it say what the side effects were? I think they should work on the medication to ensure the men get a good range of side effects.

Loss of sex drive would be perfect.

Not a chance I'd trust a man who said he was taking some man pill.

Derby

Stereotypes most often exist for a reason, not always and with exceptions but there is usually sound data to confirm those stereotypes particularly in medical and sociological studies.

I’m not doubting they exist, the sexist part is the “stopping medical research that could help people because some of them might lie or use it incorrectly”

My guess is that it’s poorly worded and those studies had zero effect on the outcome of the research. It was most likely stopped due to side effect issues and these other studies were just a part of looking into the effectiveness of a possible male contraceptive

As I said, I feel it would be incredibly sexists to stop research on something that could improve peoples lives because “men lie sometimes” "

Like I said, go look it up for yourself as I'm not going to sit here and type it out for you chapter and verse.

The side effects were equivalent to those that effect women, no more and no less.

The response from men regarding those side effects meant that the medication wouldn't be reliable because men weren't reliable enoigh to take it.

As I said, go look up the study to read its findings and facts rather than surmise your own opinion on what experts in their respective fields concluded after highly detailed and involved research.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Sure, would let me spread my man muck about with joyful enthusiasm

w

As I said, I feel it would be incredibly sexists to stop research on something that could improve peoples lives because “men lie sometimes”

Like I said, go look it up for yourself as I'm not going to sit here and type it out for you chapter and verse.

The side effects were equivalent to those that effect women, no more and no less.

The response from men regarding those side effects meant that the medication wouldn't be reliable because men weren't reliable enoigh to take it.

As I said, go look up the study to read its findings and facts rather than surmise your own opinion on what experts in their respective fields concluded after highly detailed and involved research."

The only way to look up the study is to ask you which though. That’s how comparison works. It doesn’t work if we are reading different studies

I would have taken it before I was snipped

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Best form of contraception (when it works lol) x"

Twice.....had it twice. I'd still bag it though x

Leeds

Twice.....had it twice. I'd still bag it though x"

Not many have said they would still wrap up x

Dunfermline

Not many have said they would still wrap up x"

That's the right thing to do, unless you're in a relationship x

In the west.

That's the right thing to do, unless you're in a relationship x"

Oh get a room you two.

Dunfermline

That's the right thing to do, unless you're in a relationship x

Oh get a room you two. "

Yes please

By *evlishduncMan  over a year ago

north suffolk south norfolk

Snipped now but would have taken oral contraception had it been available and provided i got on with it. That would have sorted the unwanted pregnancy but a condom for stds too … belt and braces, I suppose

» Add a new message to this topic